|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.

Will the Calgary Flames Keep the NW Title?

I'm getting a little worried. Vancouver is creeping up and they have a couple games to make up too. Think we can keep the division lead?

FON, I'm pretty much thinking you will be the only one answering this.

We're alright. Too many call-ups in the lineup and playing too many hot teams on the road will cause a 3 game losing streak.

Whatever happens during the regular season - look out for a healthy Flames team once the playoffs start. Langkow just played his first game back tonight from a bruised (broken) hand, we're still missing Bert and Bork, things will get better. Joker needs to find his game... he had a good 1st game, but he's been half the reason the top line has been ineffective these last 3 games. Once he finds some chemistry and the dressing room boots him in the a$$ and gets him working - all will be fine.

It's not like they've resorted to illegal stick tactics like Spezza in Ottawa... (lol @ JS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uib2Geixgxc

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I work with Vancouver and Oiler fans so all I've been dealing with this past week is their insistent trash talk. With a healthy team there is nothing stopping us, I agree. We need Big Bert back and Bork was such a great addition this year. In my prayers everynight I'm praying for Kipper that he doesn't get injured, or we are done. Curtis McElhinney can't buy a win this year, poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    We're alright. Too many call-ups in the lineup and playing too many hot teams on the road will cause a 3 game losing streak.

Whatever happens during the regular season - look out for a healthy Flames team once the playoffs start. Langkow just played his first game back tonight from a bruised (broken) hand, we're still missing Bert and Bork, things will get better. Joker needs to find his game... he had a good 1st game, but he's been half the reason the top line has been ineffective these last 3 games. Once he finds some chemistry and the dressing room boots him in the a$$ and gets him working - all will be fine.

It's not like they've resorted to illegal stick tactics like Spezza in Ottawa... (lol @ JS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uib2Geixgxc

FON
    Don't be Lawlin at me boy, I'm no Sens fan...
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Unreal win by the boys tonight! Some of the worst officiating I've seen. For a minute I though Mick McGough came back out of retirement and was officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    Unreal win by the boys tonight! Some of the worst officiating I've seen. For a minute I though Mick McGough came back out of retirement and was officiating.

I was watching the game on a stream (a crappy one at that), and with 5 minutes left I thought "screw it, it's a 4-2 win, good for the zebras..." so I turned it off, and then after the game I checked the score only to find out that they rampaged for 3 goals in 2:02 and eventually won in the shootout. All I can say is WOW. Winning THAT game impresses the hell out of me.

Bring on the Leafs. HNIC!

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Worried yet, FON? The wrong teams won tonight.

Worried yet, FON? The wrong teams won tonight.

Yes, I am a bit worried...

They need to work on team defense in a big way - and they need to score a goal here and there too. The powerplay has been atrocious. League worst in shorties and they can't even get shots on net on the PP because everyone stands still like a bunch of dummies waiting for something to open up while they pass it around the perimeter, then have Phaneuf shoot it into a clear block for a turnover and SH chance. I haven't played regular in 10 years (defense) and even I know better than to do that. Dump it down low along the boards (Phaneuf), you moron!!

The special teams coaches (Playfair, Preston) should be hanged for this failure, IMO.

If the Flames lose it in the first round again, I would be surprised to see those two guys back next year. Keenan will get the block as well. There is no excuse when you consider the talent on that roster.

Coach 'em right and they should win.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Slowing down going into the playoff is not the way I want to see this go down. Their record in the playoffs is not a good one. Only time they went past the first round was in 89 and 04. Always a first round exit.
    I work with WAY too many Oiler and Vancouver fans. It's been hard going into the barrage of comments. And if you know any Oiler or Canuck fans, they are the biggest dicks as far as fans go.

I believe the flames hold the league record this season for most short handed goals against. Give away after give away.

You are 100% right...with this talent pool, no one other to blame but the coaches.

I can only find comfort right now in knowing that the Oilers are out of a playoff spot. We have Dallas and LA next. Those should be wins, right?

I can only find comfort right now in knowing that the Oilers are out of a playoff spot. We have Dallas and LA next. Those should be wins, right?

Dammit man, I came onto GR tonight to get away from this...

I don't care what happens at this point so long as they figure it out before the playoffs. Getting out of the first round is the only thing they should be worried about IMO.

Dallas and LA SHOULD be wins, but we both know that the Flames seldom win the games they are SUPPOSED to win - at least recently.

Just more of the same old same old - limping into the playoffs on a wing and a prayer.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Boo-yah!

4-1 win over the Kings. Too bad we can't play LA in the first round, they looked AWFUL.

In the lead by 2pts and the games are all square with a meeting in Vancouver up tomorrow night to basically seal the deal before the home and home with Edmonton.

Only three more games before they really start to mean something. Sucks that Regehr will miss around 4 weeks with his knee injury. They sure could use him. I'm liking this Pelech kid who was called up in his spot. Got laid on his @ss tonight in a fight, but he plays with an edge and seems pretty responsible defensively when he shows some effort.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

HUGE game tonight. A win tonight does seal the deal. I guess we'll see if they really want it or not. I just hope they can do away with the stupid penalties.
    I have a golf lesson at 8 so I'll miss the first hour of the game. What I like now is that they replay the games in an hour later on in the night .

Mmmmmmmmm...........hockey..............ZZZZZ..... .zzzz...........zzz................zz............. ....z........................
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Mmmmmmmmm...........hockey..............ZZZZZ..... .zzzz...........zzz................zz............. ....z........................

Yeah, it's nowhere near as exciting to watch as lawn bowling or a poker tournament...

It's hard to follow for newbies who have trouble tracking the puck.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Hey there Iginla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yS09w6lVHI

Just for you Riverologist.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

My resident Hockey handicapper who is VERY good at predicting hockey outcomes is choosing the Blackhawks in this series with high confidence . . . . sorry, FON . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    My resident Hockey handicapper who is VERY good at predicting hockey outcomes is choosing the Blackhawks in this series with high confidence . . . . sorry, FON . . . .

At this point, I'd have to agree - but they don't play the games for nothing...

By the time the series gets back to Calgary, Chicago's young speedy forwards are going to be battered, bruised and paranoid. Win or lose - nobody in the West wanted to play Calgary in the first round.

I think it's going to be a pretty exciting series to watch.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I watched hockey for the first time in years on Saturday. My alma mater (Miami University) was playing Boston University in the college championship game. I'll admit to having a hard time following the puck. It made the game tough to watch. Of course, Miami pulled a massive Kenny Perry by allowing 2 goals in the final minute, then going on to lose in OT. In conclusion, hockey still sucks. Sorry canucks.
    /Thread Closed
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Almost all professional hockey players I know off are single digit to scratch golfers. Wayne, Mr. 99, hosts a professional golf event on the nationwide tour. What other professional sports player hosts such an event? None I can think of.

Being a canadian west coaster and born and raised in the fraser valley I have to go the with the home town team-canucks,they played awsome against the blues on wednesday and if they play that way tonight will be up by 2 games,louongos in top form as long as he stays focused.As for the blackhawks we already beat them 4-0 during the season,time will tell,but its all canuck fever out here on the west coast.I was hoping more canadian teams would have made the play offs like Edm and Ott.good luck in the playoffs.

It would be nice if the officials could make an acurate call when it counts. I guess the goaltender interference rule is thrown out when it goes to overtime.

Just sick.

It would be nice if the officials could make an acurate call when it counts. I guess the goaltender interference rule is thrown out when it goes to overtime.

Just sick.

That was a sad non-call wasn't it...

I was PISSED.

Still, they shouldn't have sat back with the 2-1 lead. They had that game if they'd stuck with 2-1-2 hard forecheck instead of dropping back into the 1-2-2 semi-trap for the last 8 minutes. They should have won it in regulation.

Fukking Eric Furlatt... the same ref responsible for the two disallowed goals involving Glencross against Minnesota - yet he allows that crap as a goal. Not trying to imply that the game would have ended in a different outcome - but the way that game went down was just complete beer league.

NHL officials always seem to fukk up the calls that decide the games. The teams may as well not even bother to play - it's the officials who determine the outcomes.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

That was a sad non-call wasn't it...

I was PISSED.

Still, they shouldn't have sat back with the 2-1 lead. They had that game if they'd stuck with 2-1-2 hard forecheck instead of dropping back into the 1-2-2 semi-trap for the last 8 minutes. They should have won it in regulation.

Fukking Eric Furlatt... the same ref responsible for the two disallowed goals involving Glencross against Minnesota - yet he allows that crap as a goal. Not trying to imply that the game would have ended in a different outcome - but the way that game went down was just complete beer league.

NHL officials always seem to fukk up the calls that decide the games. The teams may as well not even bother to play - it's the officials who determine the outcomes.

FON
    Wah ****ing Wah. Baby.

It's always the ref's fault.

No0b

Vancouver just beat the blues and swept the series 4-0,who"s next,,,yesssss what a game,burrows 2 goals including the game winner in OT.........

Quote Originally Posted by dano8238
    Vancouver just beat the blues and swept the series 4-0,who"s next,,,yesssss what a game,burrows 2 goals including the game winner in OT.........

Well done Canucks. Luongo is playing out of his mind right now. Incredible. You guys can go deep on the shoulders of your captain if you keep playing like that.

However...

Flames with a 6-4 home win over the Hawks tonight! Series is all squared up at 2 wins apiece and now the Flames have to steal one in the United Center. I wish Colin Campbell hadn't dropped the hammer today and told the Flames/Hawks to lay off the smack-talk, because of stupid Pierre MacGuire and TSN making a mountain out of a molehill. The players can deal with the trash talking. Let them go - Iginla only plays better when he gets angry. He's like the Incredible Hulk of hockey. The cheap-shots need to be dealt with though. Far too much cheap stick work after the whistle by both sides.

I'm hoping Borque, Conroy, and Langkow will all be able to go on Saturday. It would be a pretty $hitty way to lose a series - to injuries. I wish Regehr was playing. Iggy was a force tonight though. Nice to see Jokinen waking up too.

GO FLAMES GO!!!!

FON
    Last edited by FreakOfNature; 04-23-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Dun Dun Dun.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Dun Dun Dun.
    Annnnd.

FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Annnnd.

FAIL.

YEP.

Injuries to key players were the biggest factor, but the Flames never seemed motivated in games 5 and 6.

I think they all must've gotten new golf clubs as a gift for making the playoffs.

Now I guess I'll have to root for the Pens. Hopefully they won't be getting new clubs for another 3 rounds.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

YEP.

Injuries to key players were the biggest factor, but the Flames never seemed motivated in games 5 and 6.

I think they all must've gotten new golf clubs as a gift for making the playoffs.

Now I guess I'll have to root for the Pens. Hopefully they won't be getting new clubs for another 3 rounds.

FON
    Doesnt really matter......

YEP.

FON

Uh-huh.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information