|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Tiger struggling again at The Open

The Buick Open. Tied for 80th. This confirms my theory that Tiger can't compete in Opens anymore. He needs to stick to invitation only events without a cut so he can keep his creditors happy and cash his last place checks. Tiger = finished.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I tend to agree.

He needs to switch to a Thriver, Callaway BB irons a Lovett wedge and a belly putter. Then you'll see him back on the leader board.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Haney is flat out killing him. He needs the help that only Brian Manzella can provide.

As long as we're allowing belly putters, I think he needs to start Kenny Perrying his lies in the rough. He hits that POS Nike driver all over the place and shouldn't have to deal with snarly rough.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    As long as we're allowing belly putters, I think he needs to start Kenny Perrying his lies in the rough. He hits that POS Nike driver all over the place and shouldn't have to deal with snarly rough.
    I hear if you twist the grass together and place your ball on it (when no one is looking) it acts as a tee.

As far as people saying Tiger is done or on his downhill stages... are you crazy?? He is in a slump. A small slump. I guarantee that everyone here knows more about golf than I do but I remember people saying "Tiger is washed up" years ago. Have you forgotten he won the US Open on ONE LEG just last year?

Tiger Woods is as good at golf as Einstein was at physics, if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphensprint
    As far as people saying Tiger is done or on his downhill stages... are you crazy?? He is in a slump. A small slump. I guarantee that everyone here knows more about golf than I do but I remember people saying "Tiger is washed up" years ago. Have you forgotten he won the US Open on ONE LEG just last year?

Tiger Woods is as good at golf as Einstein was at physics, if not better.
    Maybe that's the key.

Maybe he should STILL be playing on one leg.

Now where the f#ck am I?

He needs to swing the god damn clubhead.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 3 Wiggle
    Haney is flat out killing him. He needs the help that only Brian Manzella can provide.
    I think that either LarryRSF or Prostatus could have Tiger winning again in no time at all.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Tiger is a retard. His lack of class (swearing and hitting his clubs on the grass, etc)speaks volumes about his upbringing. You can take Eldrige out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of Eldrige.

I miss John Daly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daly.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	2168  

Tiger is definitely yesterday's man. He's a washed up, has been, bum. Tied 80th in a tournmanet he used to own does not bode well for his future.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I think I have figured out tiger's problem after seeing the following headline in the news today:

"Tiger Escapes Magic Act, Ends Up on Vegas Streets"

I haven't had time to read the story yet, but the headline seems to tell it all. Tiger has apparently been trying to make up for his lack of tour winnings by moonlighting in a cheesy magic act in Las Vegas. Taking the red-eye back to Michigan apparently has not hurt him as he is 6 under on his first nine holes today...

He used to put 3.5-4 solid rounds together in a tournament. Now it's 2-3 rounds and it just isn't keeping him at his best. He'll probably go low today (as he is right now), hack it around again Saturday or Sunday and have a solid round Saturday or Sunday (whichever day he doesn't hack it around). And he'll finish 3rd or 4th. Or he'll read this thread, get completely ticked and shoot -8 the next 3 days.

Yeah....a 63 today. He's toast.....history.....yesterday's news.......

He is still coming off a long layoff, and having to adjust to adjustments in his mechanics.

I'm not a Tiger lover or a Tiger hater. I think he can be arrogant and act like a spoiled brat, but I admire his mental toughness and incomparable abilities.

Boards like these are like talk radio; if it can be analyzed, over-analyze it. If there is a trend deviating from the past, extrapolate the results into infinity, and draw conclusions. That's the fun of it, and the weakness of believing any of it......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Yeah....a 63 today. He's toast.....history.....yesterday's news.......

He is still coming off a long layoff, and having to adjust to adjustments in his mechanics.

I'm not a Tiger lover or a Tiger hater. I think he can be arrogant and act like a spoiled brat, but I admire his mental toughness and incomparable abilities.

Boards like these are like talk radio; if it can be analyzed, over-analyze it. If there is a trend deviating from the past, extrapolate the results into infinity, and draw conclusions. That's the fun of it, and the weakness of believing any of it......
    He'll shoot 70 or 71 tomorrow and throw tantrums all over the course. Then we can revisit your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 3 Wiggle
    He'll shoot 70 or 71 tomorrow and throw tantrums all over the course. Then we can revisit your post.
    I don't care if Tiger wins or loses. I don't care if he wins by 6 strokes, or doesn't make the cut. What Tiger does really doesn't affect my life very much, frankly.
    He does annoy me when he throws hissy fits when he makes a bad shot. He acts like a vanity capper, if such a thing was possible. "I can't believe I didn't make that shot. I never miss, usually."

I don't care if Tiger wins or loses. I don't care if he wins by 6 strokes, or doesn't make the cut. What Tiger does really doesn't affect my life very much, frankly.
    He does annoy me when he throws hissy fits when he makes a bad shot. He acts like a vanity capper, if such a thing was possible. "I can't believe I didn't make that shot. I never miss, usually."
    You really shouldn't talk about Deadly Sight when he's not around.

I think he still has a bit of fuel in the tank lol. What is he 33...34?

Speaking of struggles how about Dalys 88!!

You boys should be ashamed of yourselves doubting and talking bad about the Golf god that is Tiger Woods.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I was always confident HB's thread would be the kick in the arse Tiger needed to put his mind back on the job. Reading such negative press in such an illustrious publication as the GR internet golfing forum was enough to snap him put of his funk, and get him back to the business of whomping inferior players, a la KP. The difference between him and KP is that any field is a weak field to Tiger, where as KP just beats on second stringers when the big boys are away playing the majors or the Italian Open.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I was always confident HB's thread would be the kick in the arse Tiger needed to put his mind back on the job. Reading such negative press in such an illustrious publication as the GR internet golfing forum was enough to snap him put of his funk, and get him back to the business of whomping inferior players, a la KP. The difference between him and KP is that any field is a weak field to Tiger, where as KP just beats on second stringers when the big boys are away playing the majors or the Italian Open.
    I was watching some of that this morning. Isn't it great the way the commentators on the American networks drool over Tiger's every move and kiss his a$$ at every opportunity. Tiger made a 3 foot putt and one of them sounded like he just shot his load in his trousers: "Oh my look at how still he keeps his head - oh wow that is just fabulous, just perfect!"
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 08-02-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I was watching some of that this morning. Isn't it great the way the commentators on the American networks drool over Tiger's every move and kiss his a$$ at every opportunity. Tiger made a 3 foot putt and one of them sounded like he just shot his load in his trousers: "Oh my look at how still he keeps his head - oh wow that is just fabulous, just perfect!"
    You can't blame them for it really Kiwi. Afterall, he is the golfing equilavent of the messiah to the PGA Tour, and the success of the tour and golf ratings has a big influence in how much they get paid to provide viewers with their drivel.

He starts the tourney out 8 strokes back and ends by winning it by 3 strokes. He looked like a cat toying with a mouse it just captured before it devoured it. Golf doesn't get any better than that, guys.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Once again, Tiger himself said all he cares about is majors. These wins means nothing and he would probably be the first person to say that. Do we remember who has the most PGA tour wins of all time? I'll admit I don't... and I don't care either and I'm not even going to bother research that for this post because it is meaningless. On the other hand, everyone knows who has the most majors of all time.

Nothing can offset what a cry-baby he was in The Open.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    Once again, Tiger himself said all he cares about is majors. These wins means nothing and he would probably be the first person to say that. Do we remember who has the most PGA tour wins of all time? I'll admit I don't... and I don't care either and I'm not even going to bother research that for this post because it is meaningless. On the other hand, everyone knows who has the most majors of all time.

Nothing can offset what a cry-baby he was in The Open.
    If you asked LarryRSf I think he might say Sam Snead has won the mopst PGA Tour events, then proceed to chew your ears off with his no bend in the shaft, centrifugal force swing blah blah.

I love that Tiger disses regular events as nothing more than meaningless joke events and warm ups for the majors. Dissing them after winning adds more credibility too as he isn't just saying it because of sour grapes. I bet the sponsors of the regular events love to read Tigers disparaging comments about their event in the papers. I'd like to see Tiger start pulling out of events whilst in the lead, citing that he got all the practice he needed on the first two days and saw no reason to waste his time playing the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Couldn't agree more. I DVR'd today's telecast in the hopes Tiger would cough it up because I'd enjoy watching that.

So do I delete or do I watch? To those who've seen it: worth watching?

Maybe noone actually saw it.
    GR lives...

Tiger is definitely yesterday's man. He's a washed up, has been, bum. Tied 80th in a tournmanet he used to own does not bode well for his future.
    I just wanted to call attention to this post from a little over a week ago.......
    Nothing better than people on a golf board to make great calls like this. It looks like he did OK in today's "tournmanet" as well.

Of course, at the WGC-Bridgestone, he could beat up on a weak field.

I just wanted to call attention to this post from a little over a week ago.......
    Nothing better than people on a golf board to make great calls like this. It looks like he did OK in today's "tournmanet" as well.

Of course, at the WGC-Bridgestone, he could beat up on a weak field.
    My comments about Tiger over the length of my time on this forum would give a clearer indication of my true opinions on him. But thanks all the same for dredging through the forums dragging up last weeks news. It saves the rest of the trouble. I actually should take it as a compliment that you couldn't nit pick any spelling or grammar mistakes in that post. Now don't you have something meaningful to do, like rearranging your sock drawer?

My comments about Tiger over the length of my time on this forum would give a clearer indication of my true opinions on him. But thanks all the same for dredging through the forums dragging up last weeks news. It saves the rest of the trouble. I actually should take it as a compliment that you couldn't nit pick any spelling or grammar mistakes in that post. Now don't you have something meaningful to do, like rearranging your sock drawer?
    Don't worry, NAH. I'll bring this thread back to life EVERY time Tiger wins......

I actually should take it as a compliment that you couldn't nit pick any spelling or grammar mistakes in that post.
    Your powers of observation aren't so keen, Sherlock.
    Did you notice the word in quotation marks from your original post?

Tiger won the "tournmanet"
    Last edited by dorkman53; 08-09-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Your powers of observation aren't so keen, Sherlock.
    Did you notice the word in quotation marks from your original post?

Tiger won the "tournmanet"
    Shows how much attention I paid to your post. Not that there is anything unusual about that.

Shows how much attention I paid to your post. Not that there is anything unusual about that.
    Well, you replied to it......

Well, you replied to it......

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    He starts the tourney out 8 strokes back and ends by winning it by 3 strokes. He looked like a cat toying with a mouse it just captured before it devoured it. Golf doesn't get any better than that, guys.
    Yep, 135 guys with PGA pro cards and only a small handful have EVER won a tournament even when they have played 10+ years!

Tiger will certainly win more tournaments than Snead or Hogan-- probably by 20+ He will win 100 if he wants to. Golf is a 90% mental game. All touring pros have pretty much equivalent mechanical swings. The difference is Tiger's vision and concentration. He is among the best from tee to green, but near the top in putting-- which equals scoring. Best of all, when others get nervous and tense up, Tiger just keeps chugging. He beats them mentally.

We know his name because he learned to tightly control his mind... Nicklaus and Snead did that too, but Tiger has done it better than anyone ever. He made mind control a science. The next best was Jack Nicklaus--

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    Yep, 135 guys with PGA pro cards and only a small handful have EVER won a tournament even when they have played 10+ years!

Tiger will certainly win more tournaments than Snead or Hogan-- probably by 20+ He will win 100 if he wants to. Golf is a 90% mental game. All touring pros have pretty much equivalent mechanical swings. The difference is Tiger's vision and concentration. He is among the best from tee to green, but near the top in putting-- which equals scoring. Best of all, when others get nervous and tense up, Tiger just keeps chugging. He beats them mentally.

We know his name because he learned to tightly control his mind... Nicklaus and Snead did that too, but Tiger has done it better than anyone ever. He made mind control a science. The next best was Jack Nicklaus--

Larry
    C.ockboy says what?

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf

Larry
    So tell us something we don't know Einstein.

Time to bring this one up.......again.........to honor our most brilliant pundit.

Time to bring this one up.......again.........to honor our most brilliant pundit.
    It might be a wee bit early to comment DM, but the comment you dredge up constantly to defame me is looking more like a prophecy right now. Tiger will have to be at his very best to wiggle out of this one, or Yang will have to have one of the worst chokes in history.

Thread Information