|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

In the abscence of Wiggle what constitutes a Newbie

Hi

On the basis of the rules according to Wiggle newbies must know their place and STFU when told to by a senior member.

Donald Jackson claims not to be a newbie, but at what point does a newbie move to being a senior member?

Horseballs suggests that you can only be a true senior member when you have been admonished by Fred3, but on this basis Lorenzo is not a senior member.

So how do we define a senior member?

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

First of all, Italians can NEVER be senior members.
    I feel you move away from newb status if you start a good thread and have more than some arbitrary amount of posts, like 100.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

There are different levels. I would rank Lorenzo as a seasoned vet who has won a lot tournaments, but just hasn't been able to get that one Major.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    First of all, Italians can NEVER be senior members.
    I feel you move away from newb status if you start a good thread and have more than some arbitrary amount of posts, like 100.
    I just noticed that I now have "senior" next to my name. Does that make me a senior member or hispanic
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    There are different levels. I would rank Lorenzo as a seasoned vet who has won a lot tournaments, but just hasn't been able to get that one Major.
    Mmmmm

A bit like Colin Montgomerie then.

Shite thats bad for Loz

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Edgey brought up another point that must be discussed in detail. What are the roles/responsibilities of the senior members (whoever they might be)? Is it to enforce the newbie rules? To create topics and shape opinions? Or have the senior members earned the right to sit back and laugh at the forum they have created and destroyed? Larry, I'd like your take on this since you have achieved senior status by any yardstick.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    I just noticed that I now have "senior" next to my name. Does that make me a senior member or hispanic
    Senior is more than a word next to your name, sorry.

STFU newbie

Edgey

Soooo where does that leave Wiggles? Senior Bich?
    team obnoxious

I agree in general about Italians not being made senior members. But one Italian is ok. I don't want any more of us. If I liked being around other Italians, I wouldn't have left Italy.

Getting Fred3-d is a definite strong qualification, but not an acid test. Even if you've done it, you can lose Sr. status by committing GR bit.chmoves.

Examples:

1. Posting a low score from the ladies tees or on a short course.

2. Being a member of a short course unless confessed. (NAH makes no false claims here so gathers respect rather than disdain.)

3. Having ones feelings hurt in a post about the Bengals and then making multiple replies to that one post not only in that thread but in others. (Very ex-wife like.) From now on we'll assume there was crying involved.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I agree in general about Italians not being made senior members. But one Italian is ok. I don't want any more of us. If I liked being around other Italians, I wouldn't have left Italy.

Getting Fred3-d is a definite strong qualification, but not an acid test. Even if you've done it, you can lose Sr. status by committing GR bit.chmoves.

Examples:

1. Posting a low score from the ladies tees or on a short course.

2. Being a member of a short course unless confessed. (NAH makes no false claims here so gathers respect rather than disdain.)

3. Having ones feelings hurt in a post about the Bengals and then making multiple replies to that one post not only in that thread but in others. (Very ex-wife like.) From now on we'll assume there was crying involved.
    Have I just been triple-zinged by Zo?
    I think a major GR b!tchmove is getting so worked over by your ex wife that you feel inferior to an entire metro area, like NYC for example.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Edgey brought up another point that must be discussed in detail. What are the roles/responsibilities of the senior members (whoever they might be)? Is it to enforce the newbie rules? To create topics and shape opinions? Or have the senior members earned the right to sit back and laugh at the forum they have created and destroyed? Larry, I'd like your take on this since you have achieved senior status by any yardstick.
    HB

A senior member should ALWAYS enforce all rules, inc the newbie rules. Only the strong should survive here

Senior members have a responsibility to both start and finish threads

Newbies are here to entertain the senior members, period.

Larry is indeed a senior member, Tai Chi golf video sealed that

Edgey

Now this is some funny shite but edgey blasted him with a lame stfu... If the guy is funny don't hate. Also isn't it against your code to go after other senior members?
    DJ

Mr. 3W is the Sergeant at Arms of the board.
    Don't worry, it's an "honorary" position.
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Mmmmm

A bit like Colin Montgomerie then.

Shite thats bad for Loz

Edgey
    No, it's not like a major, it's more like the Ryder Cup. Because there've been some real Ian Poulters around here that have gotten attention from Fred3.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulation Guy
    Mr. 3W is the Sergeant at Arms of the board.
    Don't worry, it's an "honorary" position.
    Wiggle has been driven off by Alan G, sorry

RIP Wiggle

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Jackson
    Now this is some funny shite but edgey blasted him with a lame stfu... If the guy is funny don't hate. Also isn't it against your code to go after other senior members?
    No, in that case the STFU was an acknowledgement of excellence because it was funny, but phrased in a way a Newbie could understand it.

You know, Donald, I thought you were starting to pick this stuff up. It's ok, everyone learns at their own pace, we'll try and be patient. Now..........
    GR lives...

Have I just been triple-zinged by Zo?
    I think a major GR b!tchmove is getting so worked over by your ex wife that you feel inferior to an entire metro area, like NYC for example.
    No, that's known as a t.o.t.a.l f.u.c.k.j.o.b. not a b.itchmove.

And there's only one thing inferior to the entire NYC metro and it's Cincinnati.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Jackson
    What part of the newbie code are you struggling with, i dont hate. His is a newbie to me so i am obliged to tell him to STFU.

Dont hate senior members for completeing their duties

For the record i will go after anyone and if you werent a newbie you would know this, so STFU newbie. Sorry........

Edgey

What part of the newbie code are you struggling with, i dont hate. His is a newbie to me so i am obliged to tell him to STFU.

For the record i will go after anyone and if you werent a newbie you would know this, so STFU newbie. Sorry........

Edgey
    Well said. To be a true senior member you have to go after anyone and everyone.

By way of example: **** you, Edgey.
    GR lives...

Edgey
    I agree. The code requires an unrelenting attack of other senior members.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Regulation Guy seems like an alter ego of some one else on this board. Wiggles maybe?
    team obnoxious

Regulation Guy seems like an alter ego of some one else on this board. Wiggles maybe?
    When you are a senior member you will realise that almost all newbies here are alter egos of a senior member. Ask Lorenzo............

Edgey

The fact that Regulation Guy appeared on the scene at about the same time Mr. 3W seemingly vanished in the face of AGB's unprovoked assault was nothing more than a convenient concidence. Mr. 3W admonished me for spouting "newbie" nonsense without permission on several occasions. Having taken my lumps, I humbly await his return.

"what would Wiggles do?"
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

The fact that Regulation Guy appeared on the scene at about the same time Mr. 3W seemingly vanished in the face of AGB's unprovoked assault was nothing more than a convenient concidence. Mr. 3W admonished me for spouting "newbie" nonsense without permission on several occasions. Having taken my lumps, I humbly await his return.

"what would Wiggles do?"
    He's on a photo shoot.........I had no idea.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bruno_1_143.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	2191
    team obnoxious

When you are a senior member you will realise that almost all newbies here are alter egos of a senior member. Ask Lorenzo............

Edgey
    Lorenzo's busy, but I can say this is completely untrue.

Wow, look at those calves!

Noshuz, your avatar is giving MW3 the stink eye...

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Wow, look at those calves!

Noshuz, your avatar is giving MW3 the stink eye...
    Oh no my friend.....Them is bedroom eyes....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German
    Lorenzo's busy, but I can say this is completely untrue.
    Wiggle you f ucking loser, this is irony

Edgey

Edgey
    Please be gentle with Mr. 3W, I've heard he's taking a well-earned sabbatical. We all await his return to vanquish the evil AGB and resume his place as guardian of all we hold dear...

"what would Wiggles do?"
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Edgey
    I always suspected 3W was Not a German.

Now if I've told you once I've told you a thousand times, Not a German, stop speaking for me and get away from my window.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I've never thought of Lorenzo as a journeyman but pehaps this is an adequate description.
    I would submit that his new title could be GR Journeyman. Sort of rolls of the tongue like GI Joe.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    I've never thought of Lorenzo as a journeyman but pehaps this is an adequate description.
    I would submit that his new title could be GR Journeyman. Sort of rolls of the tongue like GI Joe.
    As others have suggested (edgey) there are different levels and many of the purported newbies are actually reincarnated former Senior Members. (ala Lorenzo/Not a German, or GHD/GHD).

Perhaps that explains a few things.

"W.W.W. do?"
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    It's true, I've never been the best at anything. I'm not even the best golfer in my family. I've never gotten a response from Fred3. I come from a country with a culture that peaked thousands of years ago. I've never screwed a nun. I don't have a hole in one. I could keep going.

But at least I'm not a Bengals fan.
    GR lives...

It's true, I've never been the best at anything. I'm not even the best golfer in my family. I've never gotten a response from Fred3. I come from a country with a culture that peaked thousands of years ago. I've never screwed a nun. I don't have a hole in one. I could keep going.

Fortunately, I'm able to take solace in knowing I'm not a Bengals fan.
    Being the 2nd best in your family isn't so bad ... if you come from a good family

Not being the best golfer, well that's ust being honest with yourself ... a sign of sanity

Fred3 will respond where the the time is right ... you can't rush it ... don't look into the light

Sorry about the country of origin ... I've got nothing here

Nuns are over-rated, complaining and always threatening you with the "ruler"

Holes in one are meted out by a committee of Fred3, Mr.3W, and edgey, pay up

Screw the Bengals
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Being the 2nd best in your family isn't so bad ... if you come from a good family

Not being the best golfer, well that's ust being honest with yourself ... a sign of sanity

Fred3 will respond where the the time is right ... you can't rush it ... don't look into the light

Sorry about the country of origin ... I've got nothing here

Nuns are over-rated, complaining and always threatening you with the "ruler"

Holes in one are meted out by a committee of Fred3, Mr.3W, and edgey, pay up

Screw the Bengals
    Bollocks

2nd place is the first loser

Not being a good golfer, well your Italian whats new

Fred3 is a man of taste, hence i have had 3 verbal lashings

Italy is a cool country, no prob there

F uck nuns, i have.....

The only hole in one i am interested in is the brown, not the pink

WTF are the Bengals.

STFU Newbie

Edgey

Bollocks

2nd place is the first loser

Not being a good golfer, well your Italian whats new

Fred3 is a man of taste, hence i have had 3 verbal lashings

Italy is a cool country, no prob there

F uck nuns, i have.....

The only hole in one i am interested in is the brown, not the pink

WTF are the Bengals.

STFU Newbie

Edgey

Name:  asian dudes SMALL.JPEG.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  45.6 KB

Hey Now!!
    team obnoxious

Name:  asian dudes SMALL.JPEG.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  45.6 KB

Hey Now!!
    Camp Freddy has just had a massive boner and is jerking off as we speak, thanks you newbie c unt

Edgey

Bollocks

2nd place is the first loser unless thats all you've got
    Not being a good golfer, well your Italian whats new true
    Fred3 is a man of taste, hence i have had 3 verbal lashings tongue lashings no doubt
    Italy is a cool country, no prob there correct
    F uck nuns, i have..... when you've moved on to monks let us know
    The only hole in one i am interested in is the brown, not the pink THAT's edgey
    WTF are the Bengals southern Ohio loser football (american style) team
    STFU Newbie oops
    Edgey
    Please accept my humble appology, I forget my place
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Thanks for the kind words, gents, it's really lifting me up.

I haven't been able to much about my country of origin, either.

Edgey - Did you really have sex with a nun? We need the details.
    GR lives...

Wiggles is just lying low til the the heat from Alan dies down. It would seem that Larry's warnings should have been heeded.

As for Wiggles being the Sgt at Arms, LOL. He's such a limp wristed poofta. Him being our Sgt at Arms would make GR the Black Widows of golfing forums.

Also, for the record, as a left wing commy by nature, I am opposed to any social structure that even resembles a class system. I think people earn respect or disdain on this board purely based on their actions. I don't believe in ordaining people as senior members, or in any qualification criteria to attain such status.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

As others have suggested (edgey) there are different levels and many of the purported newbies are actually reincarnated former Senior Members. (ala Lorenzo/Not a German, or GHD/GHD).

Perhaps that explains a few things.

"W.W.W. do?"
    Geeze Cool this means I am an old timer. Senior member even though i not that devil Ground hog day.

Wiggles Noshu Regulation STFU

Edgey you are truely wise to start this thread.

Lorenzo EYE talians are not second best. Hell they invented spaggetti, and Chicken alfredo.

Look not to dish on you Edgey but colin montgomery and ian pouter are English Thats a cross you have to bear. no offense Edgey

When I'm in the shower
    I'm afraid to wash my hair
    'Cause I might open my eyes
    And find someone standing there
    People say I'm crazy
    Just a little touched
    But maybe showers remind me
    Of Psycho too much
    That's why

(I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)
    And I have no privacy
    Whooooa, oh-oh
    (I always feel like)
    (Somebody's watching me)

Thanks for the kind words, gents, it's really lifting me up.

I haven't been able to much about my country of origin, either.

Edgey - Did you really have sex with a nun? We need the details.
    Edgey had sex with a nun? I thought they were only allowed to have sex with catholic priests.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Here's a topic why is reg guy such a m3w dic krider??? Any thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by BumpnRun
    Here's a topic why is reg guy such a m3w dic krider??? Any thoughts??
    Straying off topic and general disrespect for others are examples of the newbie behaviour Edgey was looking to discuss and ultimately discourage when he started this thread.
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Wiggles is just lying low til the the heat from Alan dies down. It would seem that Larry's warnings should have been heeded.

As for Wiggles being the Sgt at Arms, LOL. He's such a limp wristed poofta. Him being our Sgt at Arms would make GR the Black Widows of golfing forums.

Also, for the record, as a left wing commy by nature, I am opposed to any social structure that even resembles a class system. I think people earn respect or disdain on this board purely based on their actions. I don't believe in ordaining people as senior members, or in any qualification criteria to attain such status.
    Spoken as a true gentleman and a scholar......
    team obnoxious

3 wiggles was aball chomping knee pad wearing butt slammer that bit off more than he could chew,in more ways than one.What makes a senior member-one that has seen the rise and fall of Larryrsf,and the veiwing of the legendary ti chi slow swing video a masterful display of golf wizardry,the holy grail of the GR forum,that even left frd3 speechless.

Gentlemen,

I've been away, what happened to my old pal wiggle, I need details...... Please give me detAils.

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    Gentlemen,

I've been away, what happened to my old pal wiggle, I need details...... Please give me detAils.
    There is no clear answer, some speculate he was driven off by the forces of evil (e.g. AGB) or was busted by his "spouse" (Mrs.3W), lost interest, died, has gone through a mid life crisis ... etc. One of the first 2 seems most likely.
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Sweet as the proverbial nut....

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Edgey had sex with a nun? I thought they were only allowed to have sex with catholic priests.
    He thought it was an alter boy! but it was only a nun, dressed up as an alter boy.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

There is no clear answer, some speculate he was driven off by the forces of evil (e.g. AGB) or was busted by his "spouse" (Mrs.3W), lost interest, died, has gone through a mid life crisis ... etc. One of the first 2 seems most likely.
    We're still waiting to hear from Wiggles. We've also put an APB out for his testicles since they were MIA even before Wiggles himself left.....
    team obnoxious

We're still waiting to hear from Wiggles. We've also put an APB out for his testicles since they were MIA even before Wiggles himself left.....
    Thinking about food at a time like this ... when we're all still worried "sick" about him ... for shame
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

Thinking about food at a time like this ... when we're all still worried "sick" about him ... for shame
    ??? HUH ???
    team obnoxious

??? HUH ???
    http://www.fairburysteaks.com/SPECIA...STERS.category

Sorry, thought the APB was for real ...
    Regulation Guy
    Not an Alias

No thanks! I'll pass!
    No ball munchin fer me......
    team obnoxious

Thread Information