|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

JD: Working Man's Hero and Class Act, yet again

John Daly never fails at being awesome. He recently defended Woods and offered sage advice. Not too many other golfers or athletes have the intestinal fortitude to even offer advice and hope for the best in this week's series of unfortunate events. JD is manning up.

You can find the story here.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...v=ap&type=lgns
    WitB 2010:

Dr: Titleist 907 D1, YS 6+ s flex
    3W: Cobra S9-1 F, , Aldila DVS HL s flex
    2H: Callaway Heavenwood 17 degree
    3i-pw Titleist 690 CBs, True Temper s300
    gw: Cleveland CG12 52 degree
    sw: Cleveland CG12 58 degree
    Putter: Ping Anser G2i
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Bridgestone B330S

Other clubs:
    Dr: Callaway FT 5, Aldilia DVS s-flex
    5W: Cleveland Launcher Fuji E270 s flex
    3i - pw Mizuno MP 29, (planning to reshaft at some point).

That's the beauty of JD. What you see is what you get.
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

I am begining to think that Tiger should become the offical GR golfing hero.

Clubs, drinks, bangs loose women, crashes cars, refuses to co-operate with the police.

Shite, he puts JD to shame.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey

Clubs, drinks, bangs loose women, crashes cars, refuses to co-operate with the police.

Edgey
    JD may have given him some pointers.
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    JD may have given him some pointers.
    Do you think we will see Tiger going downhill and putting on some flab, and maybe decline into heavy smoking and gambling ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    Do you think we will see Tiger going downhill and putting on some flab, and maybe decline into heavy smoking and gambling ?
    Or even worse they start wearing the same loud clothes!
    team obnoxious

I heard Tiger is planning to frost his hair like JD. That'd look pretty cool.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I quite dig that 'loud' clothing thing.

Did you see the time JD went to play in a golf course with only a pair of jeans, a cap, and a cigarette ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by edgey

Edgey
    I've gotta agree with you on this one edgey. Tiger's overly conservative public persona was holding him back from being elevated into the GR Pantheon. He still has a way to go to be held in the same league as JD, but he has gone way up in my estimations in the last few days.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

You give Tiger 10 years...

He will be the first pro golfer to win a major, golfing on the last round shirtless, with a large breasted caddie (long divorced, of course)...

However, he will never supercede my hero, John Daly.

John Daly keeps it real.

On the subject of the great man, I have been making some worrying observations on his latest trip down under.

First and foremost is his choice of clubs. He has said he is now bagging the Ping i15 irons. This is disastrous.

Second is his dramatic weight loss. During an interview he just didn't look like the real JD. It's like the life and personality has been sucked right out of him with the fat. To be the real JD he needs to be on a knife edge of exploding. It seems like the dramatic fluctuations in sugar levels his old weight used to produce, and susbsequent brain explosions on the golf course, just aren't there anymore. He just seems calm and in control now, not like the unpredicatble, self destructive powder keg of 12 months ago. He also just doesn't look good now. He suits 250 pounds plus, not what ever his weight is now.

He's also got rid of the mullet and now sports a buzz cut. That haricut just doesn't scream good ol boy redneck cracker like the mullet.

If the real John Daly doesn't show himself soon, I'm gonna start following Charlie Hoffman and forget about JD.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

This is very disappointing. Its sucks when someone commits themselves to a life of immaturity and then, with no warning, turns their back on it.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    This is very disappointing. Its sucks when someone commits themselves to a life of immaturity and then, with no warning, turns their back on it.
    A very worrying time for the GR faithful. Fortunately for us, as one idol falls another rises. Tiger seems to be stepping up to the plate nicely. He has obviously tired of being a role model to the masses and feels he needs the real street cred being a GR role model can provide. Personally I like what I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    A very worrying time for the GR faithful. Fortunately for us, as one idol falls another rises. Tiger seems to be stepping up to the plate nicely. He has obviously tired of being a role model to the masses and feels he needs the real street cred being a GR role model can provide. Personally I like what I've seen so far.
    I have to admit I've always like JD even through all of his drinking, wives, M&M's, 12 packs and public drunkenness. I guess I wanted Tiger to be perfect. I'm pretty sure he's going to win again very soon and this will all be on the back burner quickly. It will be seen as a comeback and he's probably one of the only people who could do it.

Thread Information