|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question Lost Distance with new clubs???

Hello everyone,

I am very frustrated with something and I need an answer. I recently switch to hitting blades from a set of CB's. Since I have made the change, I have lost an insanely sickening ammount of distance in each club. Here is what I used to hit each club...

PW - 145 to 150
    9I - 160 to 170
    8I - 180 to 190
    7I - 200 to 210
    6I - 215 to 225
    5I - 230 to 235
    4I - 240 to 245
    3I - 250

I would hit those distances with a set of Cleveland CG Reds. I recently bought a set of CG1 blades and even though I am a great ball striker and seldom mishit, i have just lost an un-goldy ammount of distance. here is what i am hitting now...

PW- 120 to 125
    9I - 125 to 135
    8I - 135 to 145
    7I - 145 to 155
    6I - 160 to 170
    5I - 175 to 180
    4I - 185 to 190
    3I - 195 to 200

I dont understand how i could be losing this much distance when nothing in my swing has changed. I understand that the CG1 is made of a much softer material, but on all the reviews i have read, everyone says that they have gained distance.. please let me know why this might be happening, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!!

Are the lofts, lies and lengths the same between the two sets of clubs? Are the blades heavier?
    ------
    They call it golf because all of the other four-letter words were taken. ~Raymond Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by JT_1982
    Hello everyone,

I am very frustrated with something and I need an answer. I recently switch to hitting blades from a set of CB's. Since I have made the change, I have lost an insanely sickening ammount of distance in each club. Here is what I used to hit each club...

PW - 145 to 150
    9I - 160 to 170
    8I - 180 to 190
    7I - 200 to 210
    6I - 215 to 225
    5I - 230 to 235
    4I - 240 to 245
    3I - 250

I would hit those distances with a set of Cleveland CG Reds. I recently bought a set of CG1 blades and even though I am a great ball striker and seldom mishit, i have just lost an un-goldy ammount of distance. here is what i am hitting now...

PW- 120 to 125
    9I - 125 to 135
    8I - 135 to 145
    7I - 145 to 155
    6I - 160 to 170
    5I - 175 to 180
    4I - 185 to 190
    3I - 195 to 200

I dont understand how i could be losing this much distance when nothing in my swing has changed. I understand that the CG1 is made of a much softer material, but on all the reviews i have read, everyone says that they have gained distance.. please let me know why this might be happening, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!!
    Maybe you're just getting old...or are you using gutta-percha balls now?

HAHA...I think you are just a little delusional.

The only clubs that are really much different are the distances you are hitting your pw-7iron....because the loft could be up to 4* different, and a high lofted club with low perimeter weighting will carry farther for a player who sweeps the ball. Im sure you never hit your 6i - 3i as far as you think you did. You just assumed you could since you hit your short irons farther. If you can only hit your blade 3 iron 195, then I bet your driver carry is only about 240-250 max.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

The lofts are two degrees higher on the PW-7I, one degree higher on the 6I and the same on the 5-3I, the lengths are the same. I play with Nike One vapor balls... not cheap-o's! lol. I realized the difference in lofts but i wouldnt think that two degrees could make that big of a difference.

those old distances are accurate, when i was getting fitted for my last set, i was hitting my 6I 230 yds. My driver carry is around 270, i am a long hitter, and uaually very consistant, i just dont know where this extreme change is coming from.?? Thanks though!

i was hitting my 6I 230 yds. My driver carry is around 270
    wow...umm i dont understand

Don't understand?

I don't know for sure how far i carry the ball off the tee, i consistantly drive over 300 yds though. that does sound dumb, but i guess i dont know what the actual number would be for my driver??

those old distances are accurate, when i was getting fitted for my last set, i was hitting my 6I 230 yds. My driver carry is around 270, i am a long hitter, and uaually very consistant, i just dont know where this extreme change is coming from.?? Thanks though!
    Sounds like you might need some pointers from famousdavis......Welcome to the GR!
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

The other thing is that during my fitting i was hitting into a net and the distances were projected from a computer... that could easily be wrong too ya know?

JT,

Are you a 90's shooter who posts regularly in the review section by any chance?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

The other thing is that during my fitting i was hitting into a net and the distances were projected from a computer... that could easily be wrong too ya know?
    ahhh ha!...I was going to say a guy hitting a 6i 230 would be hitting his 3i almost 270 not his driver. sounds like the computer was juiced.

I wish I could be tricked into thinking I could hit that far. I could scrap the low compression chick balls and get a real mans ball.......
    team obnoxious

maybe you should switch to Nike blades.. there are several cheap iron sets from TW now

Yeah, Nike blades with TW on them. When is Nike gonna have clearance sale on TW apparel collection? Christmas is the right time. They might as well include free limited edition TW Sensational Calendar.

It is possible to hit those irons that long though the possibility of the computer being juiced could not be discounted. Are the shafts as same as before ? I would recommend you going to a fitter.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimusGolf
    wow...umm i dont understand
    Let me enlighten you. He is simply a liar, very much resembling Larry R S F. ( Really Stupid F ucker ) Total Bulldong. His 6-iron should be much shorter, or his drive is much longer. At least 330 yards. Or perhaps he does extreme slices on his drives.

I can relate JT_1982. I used to hit the 9 iron 212 yards with cavity backs. When I switched to blades, that distance plummeted to 196 maybe 196.5. But after getting used to the blades, I started hitting them even farther than the cb-s, as hard as that might be to believe. So now the 9 goes about 219 to 219.3. Just be patient.

Since I hit it so long, there are few golf courses I could play. That's why I'm building 12 of my own, all over 9,000 yards. Yes it was difficult closing LAX to turn it into golf courses. You should have heard the whining. "Now I have to drive to San Diego to fly to Phoenix!, wah, wah, wah." My only choice was to deport thousands of former residents to Indonesia. The rest of them are land fill which gives my new courses awesome topography.

Some day, I hope to have all five majors on my courses. The Brits are the most interested since they have nothing relevant anymore. I'm building drug/p.ussy emporiums instead of clubhouses so Tiger will feel comfortable there and to save him driving which we now know is hazardous.

Good luck with your new clubs.
    GR lives...

You had me going, until you said "I'm building drug/p.ussy emporiums instead of clubhouses so Tiger will feel comfortable there". You are obviously building those for your own use. Nice try...

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    You had me going, until you said "I'm building drug/p.ussy emporiums instead of clubhouses so Tiger will feel comfortable there". You are obviously building those for your own use. Nice try...
    any truth to playgirl having nude photos of tiger shot from some chicks cell phone?
    DJ

Not sure, what's the word on the street, Mizuno>Ping?

playgirl is probably waiting to find out from tiger's camp how much money he is willing to pay to keep the pics out of the mag
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Jackson
    any truth to playgirl having nude photos of tiger shot from some chicks cell phone?
    You interested?
    team obnoxious

Not very sure.

Tiger could be slightly smarter, and not take any, risking that they may be stumbled upon by his sneaky wife.

Or he could be just the horny devil that he is, and use them for his pleasure whenever Elin's gone out. The kids would probably not know what is the action of putting his master hand in his pants that Papa does regularly when Mama is not at home.

(Note the word 'master')

Just a thought ... ... ...

Maybe after Elin and Tont had their nightly romp in the bed, the hot Swede was asking his 'squeaky-clean, family-man' husband : "Do you love me, baby/honey/Tiger/Eldrick/Tont?"

To which he would reply : "Of course I do, forever and ever."

Note that this would be at 1-2 am.

Then Elin would, by chance, go : "Since you do, you've got nothing to hide, blah blah blah..." (taking an opportunity to prove Tiger's honesty like every other concerned wife), and check his phone.

Note again, Tiger's facial expression at this moment of time.

Things would then go downhill from there, starting with Elin racing to the store room / attic to retrieve Tiger's Miura-special-forged-TW-specifications-Victory-Red-blade-model iron.

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    You interested?
    I think it would be interesting if one of these woman claimed tiger was built more like his asian brothren than african heritage...
    DJ

I think it would be interesting if one of these woman claimed tiger was built more like his asian brothren than african heritage...
    Which leads to another question, which I pose, mainly to Larry : "Does Tiger have, like his black-skinned brethren, an outrageously long dong?"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dosen't matter. Most of the people assosiated with tiger are more concerned about the size of his wallet.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Dosen't matter. Most of the people assosiated with tiger are more concerned about the size of his wallet.
    He is self ploclaimed Blasian anyways...
    DJ

According to wikipedia, he is "Cablinasian": Caucasian, Black, (American) Indian, and Asian. He is 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Thai, 1/4 African American, 1/8 Native American, and 1/8 Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    According to wikipedia, he is "Cablinasian": Caucasian, Black, (American) Indian, and Asian. He is 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Thai, 1/4 African American, 1/8 Native American, and 1/8 Dutch.

Ahhh. The Dutch explains it. Ever been to Amsterdam?
    GR lives...

That happened to me when I went for a fitting. The machine said I would take a 14" condom, but when I tried them on a real course I could only get it in about 11". I feel like I've been taken advantage of.
    "I'm going to end up working in the lumberyard the rest of my life"

I see the problem

Hi JT,

I saw the problem right away, after I read your two sets of numbers. The first set of distances were from a dream you had while sleeping last night. The second set are your actual distances when playing for real.

Or, let me put it this way: Since the first set of distances compares favorably with PGA tour players, your short game must totally stink for you not to be out there on tour.

Now kindly refrain from these ridiculous, obviously false claims from here on out.

Wow, yeah I must be lying about how far I hit the ball... thanks for all the great replies.. you are a bunch of douch3 bags! thanks to everyone that actually tried to give some advise.

Wow, it's kind of sad how people get b utt hurt when they can't hit the ball as far as someone else. Maybe the fact that i'm 6'5" has a little to do with it too. Maybe I would be on tour if I weren't busy serving our country! It's pretty pathetic that you clowns think i would get on here to brag about how far I can hit the ball... when in reality i don't give a damn, i just want to figure out what the problem was... thanks for your thoughts.. you must be an awesome golfer yourself!
    Callaway FT-5 9* Aldila vs Proto
    Nike SQ 15* Diamana
    Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52*
    Cleveland CG15 56*
    Cleveland CG15 60*
    Heavy Putter Model B3

Hello everyone,

PW - 145 to 150
    9I - 160 to 170
    8I - 180 to 190
    7I - 200 to 210
    6I - 215 to 225
    5I - 230 to 235
    4I - 240 to 245
    3I - 250

PW- 120 to 125
    9I - 125 to 135
    8I - 135 to 145
    7I - 145 to 155
    6I - 160 to 170
    5I - 175 to 180
    4I - 185 to 190
    3I - 195 to 200

I don't understand why you would want to hit a PW 145 to 150 yards in the first place. That would mean you'd need about 4 wedges in the bag in addition to your PW. I hit the CG Reds and I liked them but I didn't see any real distance gain. I tried some Cleveland Blades about 8 years ago...they had the gunmetal finish and don't remember the model. I hit them short as well and didn't like them.

Wow, it's kind of sad how people get b utt hurt when they can't hit the ball as far as someone else. Maybe the fact that i'm 6'5" has a little to do with it too. Maybe I would be on tour if I weren't busy serving our country! It's pretty pathetic that you clowns think i would get on here to brag about how far I can hit the ball... when in reality i don't give a damn, i just want to figure out what the problem was... thanks for your thoughts.. you must be an awesome golfer yourself!
    First off I would like to thank you for serving our country. Secondly, I think we have yet another satisfied customer!
    Our work here is done.....
    Thread closed......
    team obnoxious

Wow, yeah I must be lying about how far I hit the ball... thanks for all the great replies.. you are a bunch of douch3 bags! thanks to everyone that actually tried to give some advise.

Please let me apologize for the treatment you've received here. Next time you're near where LAX used to be, be sure to stop by one of my courses and the round's on me.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I don't understand why you would want to hit a PW 145 to 150 yards in the first place. That would mean you'd need about 4 wedges in the bag in addition to your PW. I hit the CG Reds and I liked them but I didn't see any real distance gain. I tried some Cleveland Blades about 8 years ago...they had the gunmetal finish and don't remember the model. I hit them short as well and didn't like them.
    No sh*t ... Bullsh*tter versus bullsh*tter !

Well, at least FD's toned down with all his bulldong. It's now only 25% of what he posts, rather than the old 90-100 %.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    No sh*t ... Bullsh*tter versus bullsh*tter !

Well, at least FD's toned down with all his bulldong. It's now only 25% of what he posts, rather than the old 90-100 %.
    I don't ever recall talking about my bulldong which is bigger than 99% of all other bulldongs.

My ego likes distance but in the past year i have been making myself take more club and hitting more of a 3 quarter swing for solid contact and hitting my 9 iron about 100-120
    my 8i 125
    and 6 iron 150
    even though I know i can crank those clubs another 25 yards easily. This technique is more mental and has improved my ball striking and scores.
    DJ

I don't ever recall talking about my bulldong which is bigger than 99% of all other bulldongs.
    Hmm, very true, if you don't get what I mean. Bulldong is not equal to Dong. Simple as that.

Putting on my amateur linguistics hat (quote : LarryRSF) , let me break it down for you :

Bulldong - Absolute wankers of absurd nonsense, usual composition : 99% Lies, 1% Words.

Dong - The male sex organ, which consists of a head called glans, and the shaft or body. At the tip of the glans is the urethral opening, through which urine and semen leave the body. The shaft or the body of the penis is made of spongy tissue and blood vessels. And it fills with blood an grows in size (becomes erect) during sexual excitement.

Get it ?

This guy should be replacing Tiger looking on the Titleist web site the average distance the pros hit a five is well below this guys distance!!7. This is what Titleist say "The average distance for 5-irons on Tour is more than 200 yards."

"False. The PGA Tour Shotlink system, which records virtually all shots throughout the season, shows that the average 5-iron shot from fairway to green is approximately 185 yards. From the tee on par threes, the average 5-iron distance is about 197 yards."

I think the real problem is his new blades came with a laser range finder! Get rid of that Bushnell my friend! Problem solved!

Thread Information