|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

How many here have an OFFICIAL handicap

Hi

I was wondering how many people who post here (i know there are only about 10 - 15 so it wont take long) have an OFFICIAL USGA or R&A (CONGU) handicap.

I have an OFFICIAL R&A (CONGU) handicap of 9.4

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I wonder if all of Spanks alias's will have a different one??
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

I've kept one for several years. It ranges from the high 8's to the mid-11's depending on how much I've been playing and practicing. I'm usually around 10.

Obviously, with the way the math works in calculating the best 10 of the last 20 reported rounds, corrected for course slope/rating, if one hits a hot streak and posts several good rounds in a relatively short time, the index number drops quickly. However, if you're stinking up the place for several times in a row, almost nothing happens to the index, because it just keeps throwing out the bad rounds, and slowly begins to average the rest.
    I don't know how other areas do it, but the score in my area gives current index, the "trend index" (which is an unofficial way of tabulating recent activity more accurately, and the "low index," which I believe tells what your lowest index has been over some finite period of time, perhaps the last year.
    Some amateur tournaments that include index will pay more attention to the "low index" to minimize the benefit for someone to report a lot of bogus bad scores lately to inflate their index (sandbagging)
    Of course, anyone who takes a "vanity index" into a competitive round is only shooting themself in the foot; they hurt only themselves, or possibly their partners, if it's a team event.
    Last edited by dorkman53; 01-15-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Yes I have one, as does EVERY member of a NZ (NZGA) affiliated golf course.

Currently 11.4.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

If we're discussing OFFICIAL HANDICAPS, shouldn't this be an OFFICIAL THREAD?

I have an official handicap. You'd have to be some kind of douche to not have one.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc

I have an official handicap. You'd have to be some kind of douche to not have one.

I also have an official handicap. It's 27.9. Not bad considering I always get rip-roaring drunk when I golf.

Since NAG has told us his (damned Hun) what is yours Loz

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Name:  ima-officialdouche_90p.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  2.0 KB
    team obnoxious

All Aussies who play club comp (or any official comp) must have an AGU handicap. We have a national database system called shotlink so you can swipe your card or log on anywhere and play in competion to your correct handicap. Mine at the moment is 6.7.
    Our system is just about to change (next month I think) to the American type system.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Since NAG has told us his (damned Hun) what is yours Loz

Edgey

I'd feel as though I was bragging, which is against my nature. It's different for NAG. There's nothing he could brag about.
    GR lives...

I'm a 3.something. Actually, it might even be 4.something, it's been to long to remember.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    Name:  ima-officialdouche_90p.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  2.0 KB
    It's a little unnerving when things come together this way.
    GR lives...

It's a little unnerving when things come together this way.
    Hey once you hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up.......
    team obnoxious

I have an AGU handicap of 9.9, but after today it may be as low as 8.5, but more likely 8.9.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I have an AGU handicap of 9.9, but after today it may be as low as 8.5, but more likely 8.9.
    Why NAH have the SGI POS OS SHOVELS worked today?

Edgey

Why NAH have the SGI POS OS SHOVELS worked today?

Edgey
    Shot 2 over at the goat track today, but as it was a par event and I birdied a hole I got a shot on, I only finished on plus 7. I just checked my cap online and I am now 9.2, down form 10.2. Only lost 1.0 because the CCR was 2 under like usual.

And yes, the shovels went very well thanks. It was more chipping than anything, but I still hit 8 greens and hit the ball pretty sweetly off the irons. I must admit that I'm really loving the Powerbilts and have no plans to change them any time soon. They are definitely shovels to look at, but they play like players cavities. They are definitely more players club than the MX20s I used to use, but not as much players club as the Zoids. They are probably a bit like your clubs, not as shovely to play as they are to look at. I've known pros and very low markers who have used Fusions (althogh I'm talking original Fusions, not wide bodies). The pro I know who used them was a Callaway staff player (club pro not tour player) and he preferred the Fusions to the X-18s (I think it was the 18s back then). He went on to x forged when they came out, but liked the Fusions when he had them.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Me too. Its currenty 17.9, to my eternal shame.

Shot 2 over at the goat track today, but as it was a par event and I birdied a hole I got a shot on, I only finished on plus 7. I just checked my cap online and I am now 9.2, down form 10.2. Only lost 1.0 because the CCR was 2 under like usual.

And yes, the shovels went very well thanks. It was more chipping than anything, but I still hit 8 greens and hit the ball pretty sweetly off the irons. I must admit that I'm really loving the Powerbilts and have no plans to change them any time soon. They are definitely shovels to look at, but they play like players cavities. They are definitely more players club than the MX20s I used to use, but not as much players club as the Zoids. They are probably a bit like your clubs, not as shovely to play as they are to look at. I've known pros and very low markers who have used Fusions (althogh I'm talking original Fusions, not wide bodies). The pro I know who used them was a Callaway staff player (club pro not tour player) and he preferred the Fusions to the X-18s (I think it was the 18s back then). He went on to x forged when they came out, but liked the Fusions when he had them.
    Funny but that is very true. Big Berthas and Fusions, even the Wide Soles LOOK far more shovel like than they feel to play. In fact when i hit them they dont feel hugely different to anything else i have ever hit, other then they are so big it is difficult to hit a bad one LOL

Congrats on the round and on getting into single figures, no easy feat.

Edgey

Funny but that is very true. Big Berthas and Fusions, even the Wide Soles LOOK far more shovel like than they feel to play. In fact when i hit them they dont feel hugely different to anything else i have ever hit, other then they are so big it is difficult to hit a bad one LOL

Congrats on the round and on getting into single figures, no easy feat.

Edgey
    Thanks my English shovel playing brither. As you know staying in single figures is harder than getting there. I have only a small grace of 0.3 to go back to 10 so hopefully I can back it up with another round where I break my cap to get down closer ot 8. I will probably be playing pennants for my club for 8 weeks starting next month so I won't have a chance to get my cap down during that time. We have an ambrose next week so I only get one more game at home before the season starts, and one game during the week. I'd like to get down to an 8 before pennants starts.

Thanks my English shovel playing brither. As you know staying in single figures is harder than getting there. I have only a small grace of 0.3 to go back to 10 so hopefully I can back it up with another round where I break my cap to get down closer ot 8. I will probably be playing pennants for my club for 8 weeks starting next month so I won't have a chance to get my cap down during that time. We have an ambrose next week so I only get one more game at home before the season starts, and one game during the week. I'd like to get down to an 8 before pennants starts.
    LOL, i am in a similar position. One more dodgy round and i am back off 10. Since i havent hit a golf ball in anger in a month (snow, snow and more snow) i suspect my first medal will be my last as a single figure handicap golfer. Hey Ho

Edgey

I have been submitting scores to our new club handicap chairman for the past 4 months and he is suppose to have my, and several other members', handicaps calculated soon. I'm anxious to see what it will be.

But, no matter what it is, even if its 50, I will at least know that I have my dick still intact to my body because I do NOT golf with shovels like NAH and Edgey.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

We have to...

yes, i do.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Hi

I was wondering how many people who post here (i know there are only about 10 - 15 so it wont take long) have an OFFICIAL USGA or R&A (CONGU) handicap.

I have an OFFICIAL R&A (CONGU) handicap of 9.4
    I do.

RCGA

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Of course. We start posting again sometime in March.
    With the Wishon/videotape nightmare at the start of last year, I'm finally trending lower.
    Just looking at GHIN, it must look like I'm a sandbagger. Two of my 3 lowest scores were tournament rounds.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I have been submitting scores to our new club handicap chairman for the past 4 months and he is suppose to have my, and several other members', handicaps calculated soon. I'm anxious to see what it will be.

But, no matter what it is, even if its 50, I will at least know that I have my dick still intact to my body because I do NOT golf with shovels like NAH and Edgey.
    Sorry Sooner but you golf with Thrivers. That alone warrants calling you dickless. Playing with shovels cant make you any more devoid of dick when you aint got one mate, sorry.

Your welcome

Edgey

Gosh does anybody on here have a handicap of 6 or better?
    EveryThing You Need To Know About The Game.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfEpisode
    Unlikely, most here play blades or "players" CB, hence why they are all shite. Mind you i play Callaway Wide Soles and i'm shite as well...........

Edgey

USGA handicap of 0.0 right now. Probably on the plus side but I refuse to GIVE strokes in HDCP'd events I rarely play in. I played in a best ball last year and my partner and I shot 11 under par (not a scramble, best ball). We won gross by 4 strokes but lost net by 4 strokes...so you tell me how HDCP is fair? We played WAY better than our HDCPs and still got smoked by two people with caps in the teens. Granted we weren't playing for net (it it was only net I wouldn't have entered) but imagine shooting 11 under in a best ball (given no hdcp strokes) and losing by 4 in the net portion.

Sorry Sooner but you golf with Thrivers. That alone warrants calling you dickless. Playing with shovels cant make you any more devoid of dick when you aint got one mate, sorry.

Your welcome

Edgey
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfEpisode
    Anyone can knock a ball with any chopper club and get pars. I've seen a lot of retired dicks doing that.. just because they have no other thing to do than golfing the whole day.

Unlikely, most here play blades or "players" CB, hence why they are all shite. Mind you i play Callaway Wide Soles and i'm shite as well...........

Edgey
    Well I play PING hybrids. Thus I do not fit into that category.

Thread Information