|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Got my new irons!!!

First of thanks for all the info,Was thinking of getting mp67's bought a six iron of ebay hit it great went to the superstore and couldnt hit the four iron to save my arse.Found a set of mx 300 used and snatched them up went for a round on an exec course and was 9 shots better than my previous round!! Still suck though,going out this sunday to play Orange tree last time shot 100 for me that was great will see if i can break the 100 mark for first time!! So stoked love the clubs iron shots arent ballooning anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fikeman
    First of thanks for all the info,Was thinking of getting mp67's bought a six iron of ebay hit it great went to the superstore and couldnt hit the four iron to save my arse.Found a set of mx 300 used and snatched them up went for a round on an exec course and was 9 shots better than my previous round!! Still suck though,going out this sunday to play Orange tree last time shot 100 for me that was great will see if i can break the 100 mark for first time!! So stoked love the clubs iron shots arent ballooning anymore.

Congrats on the new sticks. Great choice!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thanks dude couldnt be happier now practice practice practice

Quote Originally Posted by fikeman
    Thanks dude couldnt be happier now practice practice practice
    You should have bought the Ping Eye 2's.

H ow did i know you were going to say that,Had to get something at superstore had a giftcard from x mas.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Right on que!.......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Good choice. I've seen them in the shops and they look like the pick of the MX range. They look more players CB than shovel, and should serve you as long as you want them. If I was i the market for new GFF I'd probably go with them.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Good choice. I've seen them in the shops and they look like the pick of the MX range. They look more players CB than shovel, and should serve you as long as you want them. If I was i the market for new GFF I'd probably go with them.
    Just keep swinging your GI shovels, Mary . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

That just keeps getting funnier and funnier every time. It was hilarious the 57th time I heard it, and now it has acquired a new, fresh, cutting edge aura the 139th time you've repeated it.

Keep it up. We'll all soon run out and buy a set, as soon as we can stop our uncontrollable laughter at your zany hijinks....
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    That just keeps getting funnier and funnier every time. It was hilarious the 57th time I heard it, and now it has acquired a new, fresh, cutting edge aura the 139th time you've repeated it.

Keep it up. We'll all soon run out and buy a set, as soon as we can stop our uncontrollable laughter at your zany hijinks....
    You should go buy a set of Ping Eye 2 irons. You might learn how to play golf and then you'll be happier and you might actually develop a sense of humor. Then, and only then will you see how funny I really am.

You should go buy a set of Ping Eye 2 irons. You might learn how to play golf and then you'll be happier and you might actually develop a sense of humor. Then, and only then will you see how funny I really am.
    Keep it up.....we're enjoying it more by the month......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

NAH,
    what are you swinging these days anyhoo..

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    NAH,
    what are you swinging these days anyhoo..
    He has gone to the dark side of GI shovels . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    He has gone to the dark side of GI shovels . . . . .
    I went to the range again today and tried out the Wilson FG Tour and Ping i15. I liked the FG tour much better. I'm thinking of selling the Ping Eye 2's. I also tried the MP-62 but I liked the FG Tour better. I could tell exactly where I was hitting the ball on the face of the club. I was getting better distance as well. I think it's about time to make the change.

On another note, they just reconstructed the driving range and they have these cool mats where you open a lid and pour your balls in. A ball comes up through a hole on a tee and the screen in front of you tells you how many balls you've hit. Once you hit the ball a new one pops up. I've seen this before on multi-level ranges but never at a public golf course driving range. I'm so happy.

I went to the range again today and tried out the Wilson FG Tour and Ping i15. I liked the FG tour much better. I'm thinking of selling the Ping Eye 2's. I also tried the MP-62 but I liked the FG Tour better. I could tell exactly where I was hitting the ball on the face of the club. I was getting better distance as well. I think it's about time to make the change.

On another note, they just reconstructed the driving range and they have these cool mats where you open a lid and pour your balls in. A ball comes up through a hole on a tee and the screen in front of you tells you how many balls you've hit. Once you hit the ball a new one pops up. I've seen this before on multi-level ranges but never at a public golf course driving range. I'm so happy.
    I JUST FELT A BREAK IN THE FORCE. SOMETHING MAJOR IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN....
    Name:  darth vader.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  4.3 KB

Seriously though. new mats at Haggin?
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

I think the Wilson FG Tours look like they could be good irons. My golfing buddy, who is a 5 handicap, said he was buying some Wilsons. I got all excited and asked him if he was buying the "forged" line they made. He said he was. A week later they came in and they were the Ci7s instead with graphite shafts no less. He said with a smile, "I got these for $250.00 they were a steal!" I said, "yeah, they sure are a steal and the guy that sold them to you is the one that is laughing."

I hit them a couple of times and handed them back as they were the most dead feeling GI shovels I think I ever hit. He plays fine with them because he has a good swing and has been golfing all his life (he's 57), but I thought the things were a bunch of shite. I was so looking forward to hitting the Wilson forged irons, but it didn't happen. He bought the set to replace his PING I3 blades. He should have stuck with the PINGs IMO. At least the PINGs had steel shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I think the Wilson FG Tours look like they could be good irons. My golfing buddy, who is a 5 handicap, said he was buying some Wilsons. I got all excited and asked him if he was buying the "forged" line they made. He said he was. A week later they came in and they were the Ci7s instead with graphite shafts no less. He said with a smile, "I got these for $250.00 they were a steal!" I said, "yeah, they sure are a steal and the guy that sold them to you is the one that is laughing."

I hit them a couple of times and handed them back as they were the most dead feeling GI shovels I think I ever hit. He plays fine with them because he has a good swing and has been golfing all his life (he's 57), but I thought the things were a bunch of shite. I was so looking forward to hitting the Wilson forged irons, but it didn't happen. He bought the set to replace his PING I3 blades. He should have stuck with the PINGs IMO. At least the PINGs had steel shafts.

Yeah, the FG Tours are one of the few Wilson irons I've seen that I like. I think the FG59 is the best looking forged out there but it's basically the same thing as the FG-17 (from 1982) and I already have a set of those. I may need to wait awhile to get a set off of Ebay. I'm not buying them new for $799.

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    I JUST FELT A BREAK IN THE FORCE. SOMETHING MAJOR IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN....
    Name:  darth vader.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  4.3 KB

Seriously though. new mats at Haggin?
    Yes!!! New mats. Go see for yourself. You can even push a botton and choose from 4 different tee heights. Pretty nice to have the ball teed up from you every time. I no longer need my amigo Poncho to tee my balls for me. Que Lastima!

Thread Information