|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The shovel experiment is a success.

For those who have completely fustigated me over my decision to go for a cast cavity set of irons (shovels, paddles, gardening tools etc), which is basically everyone on this board with the possible exception of Edgey and DM, I can now officially tell you to blow it out your arses. This weekend I have met the stringent GR criteria of what qualifies as a success. I have dropped my cap by 4 strokes. When I put the Powerbilts in the bag I was an 11, I am now a 7.4. I have also played the two lowest rounds of my life (1 and 2 over) witt the paddles. In reality I think this probably proves my assertion that the TPS 6.0 are not a full on shovel, but more of a players cavity which still provides sufficient feedback to let you know what you're doing whilst giving some forgiveness. But by GR standards thay are cast CB POS hacker shovels and rightfully always will be, so I'll just continue to take the heat while my cap keeps dropping faster than O'Bama's approval rating.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

The metamorphosis of NaH from an Omen clone to an Edgey Clone is almost complete.

A Thriver, a hybrid (or two) and a Lovett wedge are all that is required to complete the transformation.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 04-18-2010 at 08:37 PM.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    For those who have completely fustigated me over my decision to go for a cast cavity set of irons (shovels, paddles, gardening tools etc), which is basically everyone on this board with the possible exception of Edgey and DM, I can now officially tell you to blow it out your arses. This weekend I have met the stringent GR criteria of what qualifies as a success. I have dropped my cap by 4 strokes. When I put the Powerbilts in the bag I was an 11, I am now a 7.4. I have also played the two lowest rounds of my life (1 and 2 over) witt the paddles. In reality I think this probably proves my assertion that the TPS 6.0 are not a full on shovel, but more of a players cavity which still provides sufficient feedback to let you know what you're doing whilst giving some forgiveness. But by GR standards thay are cast CB POS hacker shovels and rightfully always will be, so I'll just continue to take the heat while my cap keeps dropping faster than O'Bama's approval rating.
    Maybe you should start experimenting in the bedroom too, then those purchases of gaybrids and Nike full mallet broomstick putters won't have to be done in a devious manner.

NAH you have reach a crossroad in your development. You are now a Metrosexual.

You are now the Indian not the arrow.

Spank is now going to plant a 12 inch purple dildo in the place where the sun don't shine but your trek to manhood is now complete you are comfortable in your light loafers.

Dorkman can send you the specs on them $600 specially ground wedges.

BTW do you have a Not A German heritage.

Good job buddy.

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

I'm at a loss . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Maybe you should start experimenting in the bedroom too, then those purchases of gaybrids and Nike full mallet broomstick putters won't have to be done in a devious manner.

NAH you have reach a crossroad in your development. You are now a Metrosexual.

You are now the Indian not the arrow.

Spank is now going to plant a 12 inch purple dildo in the place where the sun don't shine but your trek to manhood is now complete you are comfortable in your light loafers.

Dorkman can send you the specs on them $600 specially ground wedges.

BTW do you have a Not A German heritage.

Good job buddy.

GHD
    Fuk you.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Fuk you.

Not a chance in hell.

Not that I know of.

Thanks.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I'm at a loss . . . .
    Sooner your a mental health professional. So you must be familiar with pyschopathic personalities. I think NAH has killed alot of game improvement cavityback iron players to reach the place he has staked out. God help us game improvement iron players.

I have hired a body guard to protect against his devious ways.

If NAH comes to America with his murderous ways God helps the gays in San Fransico.

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Congrats on getting down to that mark NAH. Did the change in handicapping system have an affect in lowering your cap in a hurry? i pressume you have hit patch of form in recent times and have had a good few rounds under your cap in the last twenty.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Glad to hear that you put your big EGO aside and play CB POS... data won't lie

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Glad to hear that you put your big EGO aside and play CB POS... data won't lie
    Are you also glad that he now wears a skirt whilst his fiancé dons trousers?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Congrats on getting down to that mark NAH. Did the change in handicapping system have an affect in lowering your cap in a hurry? i pressume you have hit patch of form in recent times and have had a good few rounds under your cap in the last twenty.
    The new system definitely helped. Under the old system with our usual 2 under CCR I would probably be lucky to be of 8, but with the new system I'm always rated at 1 under. Across the board most low cappers have dropped shots. A well known scratch marker out my way went from plus 1or 2 to plus 5. It certainly makes me question the ability of Americans based on handicap. I'm only one good game away from being a 6 marker. I actually think this system is more accurate, ut you just have to adjust your expectations of ability relative to handicap.

The new system definitely helped. Under the old system with our usual 2 under CCR I would probably be lucky to be of 8, but with the new system I'm always rated at 1 under. Across the board most low cappers have dropped shots. A well known scratch marker out my way went from plus 1or 2 to plus 5. It certainly makes me question the ability of Americans based on handicap. I'm only one good game away from being a 6 marker. I actually think this system is more accurate, ut you just have to adjust your expectations of ability relative to handicap.
    I agree it will be a more accurate representation of recent form. Under the old system it took way too long to go out if you had a long period of poor form. It also can have much sharper fluctuations depending on what your 20th round that gets dropped off is like. I went out .4 after one round. My cap stayed the same pretty much, 7.0.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Are you also glad that he now wears a skirt whilst his fiancé dons trousers?
    If that's his personal preference... then let it be...

NAH

Congratulations on achieving such a great handicap. I am pleased that your POS OS CAST GI HACKER SHOVELS have in some way contributed to your success. I would of course like to say that i was one of the few voices in the wilderness arguing that if it works for you, go for it. Its not about how, but how many.

To the rest of you blade toting heathens, get in touch with your metrosexual side, lower your scores and play SHOVELS, you know it makes sense.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

It breaks my heart to see someone scoring better using "inferior equipment."
    I can imagine the personal humilation it must be when you report your score on the computer, and the pop up message comes on the screen, "Yes, good score, but were you using blades?"
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

NaH,

Keep shoveling. Kenny Perry almost won the masters using R7 tp irons. Cast GI irons. And when Trevor Immelman DID win the masters, he was using CAST Nike irons.

My Adams Idea Pro Forged irons are, at least, forged.

I'm sure there are many others who have won golf's greatest events with cast GI shovels.

and much as I've googled it, I can find no reference to asterisks or other notations about having used these crap clubs and defiling the victories and ruining the self-esteem of professional golfers everywhere, and disappointing the legions of would-be professionals by failing to live up to a standard, bla bla bla yada yada etc etc.

In the end you must hit the shot, and make the putt. Game improvement may help bad shots, but it does not obviate the necessity for good ones.

good on ya, mate. keep that 'cap on the downward trend, and let us know when you get your minitour card so we can all marinate in our jealousy.

:-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I saw these on craigslist and thought they might help lower your handicap from 7.4 to 4.0. Whatever it takes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    NaH,

Keep shoveling. Kenny Perry almost won the masters using R7 tp irons. Cast GI irons. And when Trevor Immelman DID win the masters, he was using CAST Nike irons.

My Adams Idea Pro Forged irons are, at least, forged.

I'm sure there are many others who have won golf's greatest events with cast GI shovels.

and much as I've googled it, I can find no reference to asterisks or other notations about having used these crap clubs and defiling the victories and ruining the self-esteem of professional golfers everywhere, and disappointing the legions of would-be professionals by failing to live up to a standard, bla bla bla yada yada etc etc.

In the end you must hit the shot, and make the putt. Game improvement may help bad shots, but it does not obviate the necessity for good ones.

good on ya, mate. keep that 'cap on the downward trend, and let us know when you get your minitour card so we can all marinate in our jealousy.

:-)
    How many times do I have to tell you schmucks that Kenny Perry ALMOST won the Masters with the standard R7 shovel not the TP version.

However Y.E. Yang DID use the R7 TP irons to make Tiger his b.itch on the back nine at the PGA last August which makes them even more legit than a Kenny Perry almost moment and proves once and for all that cast POS chopper shovels are superior to forged blades.

OOPS! Did I just say that? Better quickly change my sig!

Now where the f#ck am I?

I will address this very disappointing thread later. I have to go practice my game for the big match on Thursday . . . .

How many times do I have to tell you schmucks that Kenny Perry ALMOST won the Masters with the standard R7 shovel not the TP version.

However Y.E. Yang DID use the R7 TP irons to make Tiger his b.itch on the back nine at the PGA last August which makes them even more legit than a Kenny Perry almost moment and proves once and for all that cast POS chopper shovels are superior to forged blades.

OOPS! Did I just say that? Better quickly change my sig!
    I was just about to mention the R7, not R7 TP thing myself. Lee Westwood used to play one of the ugliest irons out there, the Ping Zing 2. In fact he used those for many years. Couples used to play the Tommy Armour 845 and then Lynx Parallax (both cavity, non forged). It's pretty rare to see a pure blade being played on the PGA tour. Most are forged cavities.

[

Yang's second shot on 18 at the PGA with his hybrid was may favorite single shot of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    [

Yang's second shot on 18 at the PGA with his hybrid was may favorite single shot of the year.
    That was pretty clutch. I forgot, was he leading by one shot at that time? I remember watching Tiger on the teebox at one of the par 3's and it looked like his caddie, Steve, was yelling something at either YE Yang or at his caddie. You couldn't hear it on TV but it looked like Steve was pissed off at one of them and continued to talk at them as they walked to the green. At one point YE Yang looked back at Tiger in reaction. It was never mentioned but I've always wondered what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    That was pretty clutch. I forgot, was he leading by one shot at that time? I remember watching Tiger on the teebox at one of the par 3's and it looked like his caddie, Steve, was yelling something at either YE Yang or at his caddie. You couldn't hear it on TV but it looked like Steve was pissed off at one of them and continued to talk at them as they walked to the green. At one point YE Yang looked back at Tiger in reaction. It was never mentioned but I've always wondered what happened.
    Tiger understands a little Korean and heard Yang tell his caddie, Wang, that he was going to whoop Tiger's heinie since rhino horn is more powerful that Tiger's steroids and that all those pro's playing Nike clubs are gay.

I will address this very disappointing thread later. I have to go practice my game for the big match on Thursday . . . .
    Do you want to borrow NAH's CB POS?

I was just about to mention the R7, not R7 TP thing myself. Lee Westwood used to play one of the ugliest irons out there, the Ping Zing 2. In fact he used those for many years. Couples used to play the Tommy Armour 845 and then Lynx Parallax (both cavity, non forged). It's pretty rare to see a pure blade being played on the PGA tour. Most are forged cavities.
    which reminds me, Rocco was also using the X20, and NOT the X 20 tour, to almost beat Tiger at Torrey in the playoff.

Yep, offset thick-topline shovels. Worst of them all, much worse than the R7 non-TP.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

which reminds me, Rocco was also using the X20, and NOT the X 20 tour, to almost beat Tiger at Torrey in the playoff.

Yep, offset thick-topline shovels. Worst of them all, much worse than the R7 non-TP.
    Dave, I agree that the X20s were an abomination on golf, but you mentioned Immelman in an earlier post. The clubs he used are dead set chopper shovels. If you walked into a shop and started looking at the clubs Immelman used and told the shop guy you were off any less than an 18 cap he would tell you that you are too advanced to play them. I honestly don't know how Immelman could possibly play them, they are the ugliest, thickest topline, massively offset shovels I've ever seen.

Dave, I agree that the X20s were an abomination on golf, but you mentioned Immelman in an earlier post. The clubs he used are dead set chopper shovels. If you walked into a shop and started looking at the clubs Immelman used and told the shop guy you were off any less than an 18 cap he would tell you that you are too advanced to play them. I honestly don't know how Immelman could possibly play them, they are the ugliest, thickest topline, massively offset shovels I've ever seen.
    What irons does Immelman play?

What a joke! There is a league in Orange County (Southern California) that has a tournament playing the clubs that Bobby Jones did. Old rusty forged blades with wooden shafts and leather grips. After some practice, good golfers can hit them straight enough to hit fairways and greens.

In comparison to those, clubs like Callaway or Taylormade or Ping "game improvement" clubs with graphite shafts and OS cavity back heads are INFINITELY better.

It is the swing, not the sticks. I have never even heard of a teaching pro tell a student to get different sticks-- instead they patiently listen to his tales of woe, roll their eyes, then say, "Ok, take your stance....." and the cause of their problem is always either or both grip, setup, takeaway or a failure of the proper footwork. It is NEVER the clubs

Lee Trevino famously almost won his first US Open with a selection of mismatched clubs from the used barrel.

Larry

What irons does Immelman play?
    in his Masters he played Nike CCI cast chromed shovels.. seriously ugly stuff... and not as soft or playable as the X20...

Immelman is playing something forged now, the CCI forged or Nike blades or somesuch.. but he won the Masters swinging garden implements.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

The real problem when comparing equipment of different eras (old school blades vs modern GI tech) is that few people consider that the great players back in the day weren't even properly fitted - they made ill-fitted equipment WORK for them, and achieved feats which modern players who are provided with a great deal of modern equipment benefits still struggle to equal.

That says it all, really. There was a time when you could shoot 80, and people would be saying "That guy has game", and they'd be right.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    What a joke! There is a league in Orange County (Southern California) that has a tournament playing the clubs that Bobby Jones did. Old rusty forged blades with wooden shafts and leather grips. After some practice, good golfers can hit them straight enough to hit fairways and greens.

In comparison to those, clubs like Callaway or Taylormade or Ping "game improvement" clubs with graphite shafts and OS cavity back heads are INFINITELY better.

It is the swing, not the sticks. I have never even heard of a teaching pro tell a student to get different sticks-- instead they patiently listen to his tales of woe, roll their eyes, then say, "Ok, take your stance....." and the cause of their problem is always either or both grip, setup, takeaway or a failure of the proper footwork. It is NEVER the clubs

Lee Trevino famously almost won his first US Open with a selection of mismatched clubs from the used barrel.

Larry
    If a club does not MATCH you, it won't work for you. The shaft flex and weight have to be within your metric, the grip has to be the right size, etc.

There are clubs I simply CANNOT play golf with. The results are dreadful, direction and distance inconsistency, because I cannot get the club to the ball in the right moment of shaft flex. Maybe lightening the clubhead would work. Maybe it's a stiffer shaft. but for sure, some clubs DO NOT WORK for me.

granted, they might work for someone else, but there is a REASON the pro players don't play cast shovels for the most part.

The manufacturers sell a LOT more cast shovels than they do player's blades or CBs. So why don't the pros play them (Immelman doesn't either, not anymore)?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

If a club does not MATCH you, it won't work for you. The shaft flex and weight have to be within your metric, the grip has to be the right size, etc.

There are clubs I simply CANNOT play golf with. The results are dreadful, direction and distance inconsistency, because I cannot get the club to the ball in the right moment of shaft flex. Maybe lightening the clubhead would work. Maybe it's a stiffer shaft. but for sure, some clubs DO NOT WORK for me.

granted, they might work for someone else, but there is a REASON the pro players don't play cast shovels for the most part.

The manufacturers sell a LOT more cast shovels than they do player's blades or CBs. So why don't the pros play them (Immelman doesn't either, not anymore)?
    Larry makes a good argument for middle handicappers. For the most part, someone who shoots 90 on a regular basis would benefit more from lessons than from getting fitted. However, if you hand me a 10.5 degree driver with a soft tip shaft I will be all over the place and will lose close to 40 yards in driver distance. If you gave me oversized, graphite-shafted irons in regular flex I'd hit the ball sky high and would have a lot of trouble around the greens.

In Trevino's time (when he was really good) almost all of the clubs out there were blades with steel shafts. All of the drivers were persimmon with steel shafts and varied in loft by just a couple of degrees. Trevino picking clubs out of a barrel didn't make much difference because they probably weren't much different than his standard clubs.

NAH, the truth is, you can golf just as well with some good quality GFF clubs and you know it. You have allowed the poisonous preaching of the POS shoveling sod-layer known as Edgey, to go to your brain. You have posted to us the REAL and TRUE reasons why you have ended up with these shovels over the course of the last year -- the significant other is watching your pocketbook and will not allow you sufficient funds to purchase a set of GFF irons like you know you need. It is time to come to grips with your femininity and reestablish your manhood.

Let me remind you of the god known as, "Mizuno." Mizuno once led his forces to make the best quality clubs in his home country by using the the children of Samurai warriors to forge the GFF perfection deep within the bowels of Mt. Fujiyama. These were no ordinary weapons Mizuno forged, these were blessed with the raw elements of Japan and put together with the magical forces of the Ninja wizards to produce a feel unlike felt in any other golf club. Hit a golf ball with one of these forged masterpieces and you will literally have to go clean the jiz marks off your shorts. You know this to be true, so I will stop at this point.

Now, it is true that many of Mizuno's clubs are now forged in China, but they are forged of excellent quality materials under the guidance of god Mizuno and his Samurai children taskmasters. While it may not be the same as the quality of old, it still far surpasses the quality of POS OEM clubs within the golf industry today. To hit and play a Mizuno product is to carry on tradition, and the code of the Samurai warrior.

You, my friend, have fallen on the sword and committed Hari Kari by not only buying and playing a set of shovels, but by also actually preaching blasphemy about them!!

Before everyone passes judgment on me and calls me a hypocrite because of some recent developments in my own bag, allow me to represent my case. I have one chink in my armor and it is the "Thriver." I am currently trying to rectify that weakness. However, owning three different sets of GFF god Mizuno's clubs puts me in a category well above many of you sod-layers. I can hit long irons, but choose the versatility of the hybrid. After all, Mizuno forged them so it is allowable and honorable. Now, the Niblick justification. Webster describes the Niblick thus -- "An iron-headed golf club with the face slanted at a greater angle than any other iron except a wedge; a nine iron." Today we call it a nine iron, but the Scottish fathers of our grand past time did not refer to it as a nine iron, they called it a "Niblick." The niblick is fully justified in anyone's bag because it carries on the traditions of our past time going back as far as golf can possibly go back in time.

So, allow me to leave this thread hanging my head in sorrow for a fallen friend. However, I do believe in resurrection of the dead, and I will continue to hold out hope for NAH until that day . . . . . . . . . .

NAH, the truth is, you can golf just as well with some good quality GFF clubs and you know it. You have allowed the poisonous preaching of the POS shoveling sod-layer known as Edgey, to go to your brain. You have posted to us the REAL and TRUE reasons why you have ended up with these shovels over the course of the last year -- the significant other is watching your pocketbook and will not allow you sufficient funds to purchase a set of GFF irons like you know you need. It is time to come to grips with your femininity and reestablish your manhood.

Let me remind you of the god known as, "Mizuno." Mizuno once led his forces to make the best quality clubs in his home country by using the the children of Samurai warriors to forge the GFF perfection deep within the bowels of Mt. Fujiyama. These were no ordinary weapons Mizuno forged, these were blessed with the raw elements of Japan and put together with the magical forces of the Ninja wizards to produce a feel unlike felt in any other golf club. Hit a golf ball with one of these forged masterpieces and you will literally have to go clean the jiz marks off your shorts. You know this to be true, so I will stop at this point.

Now, it is true that many of Mizuno's clubs are now forged in China, but they are forged of excellent quality materials under the guidance of god Mizuno and his Samurai children taskmasters. While it may not be the same as the quality of old, it still far surpasses the quality of POS OEM clubs within the golf industry today. To hit and play a Mizuno product is to carry on tradition, and the code of the Samurai warrior.

You, my friend, have fallen on the sword and committed Hari Kari by not only buying and playing a set of shovels, but by also actually preaching blasphemy about them!!

Before everyone passes judgment on me and calls me a hypocrite because of some recent developments in my own bag, allow me to represent my case. I have one chink in my armor and it is the "Thriver." I am currently trying to rectify that weakness. However, owning three different sets of GFF god Mizuno's clubs puts me in a category well above many of you sod-layers. I can hit long irons, but choose the versatility of the hybrid. After all, Mizuno forged them so it is allowable and honorable. Now, the Niblick justification. Webster describes the Niblick thus -- "An iron-headed golf club with the face slanted at a greater angle than any other iron except a wedge; a nine iron." Today we call it a nine iron, but the Scottish fathers of our grand past time did not refer to it as a nine iron, they called it a "Niblick." The niblick is fully justified in anyone's bag because it carries on the traditions of our past time going back as far as golf can possibly go back in time.

So, allow me to leave this thread hanging my head in sorrow for a fallen friend. However, I do believe in resurrection of the dead, and I will continue to hold out hope for NAH until that day . . . . . . . . . .
    SBS... sounds like you try to convince yourself more so than NAH... Whatever take us to the lowest scores then be it, isn't that an objective of the game? maybe you have a different goal?

NAH, get some Ping Eye 2 irons and together we will fight against these misdirected people touting the benefits of GFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    SBS... sounds like you try to convince yourself more so than NAH... Whatever take us to the lowest scores then be it, isn't that an objective of the game? maybe you have a different goal?
    There are a few standards we try to uphold here on GR:

1.) Always flame when given the opportunity.

2.) Always preach the use of blades over CB and do not allow such teachings as, "whatever club gets you the best score at the end of the round," to get in the way.

3.) Always hold up the virtue of GFF.

4.) Always believe and post as if you are right and everyone else on the forum has the brain of a turd.

5.) Always be the ball.

6.) Never allow such things as "facts" and "evidence" to get in the way of a good point.

We asked 100 people "What is more humiliating, owning a set of Callaway X20 irons or bagging a Niblick"

Our survey said "100 people agreed, the Niblick is the last word in queerism"

As such you are in NO position to pass judgement (despite your sad attempts to try)

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ON!!!

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Beautiful, just beautiful ... you brought a tear to my eye.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Beautiful, just beautiful ... you brought a tear to my eye.
    Can you Reader's Digest this for me, kiwi? I still assume any post over 3 lines long contains ramblings about religion or abortion.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Can you Reader's Digest this for me, kiwi? I still assume any post over 3 lines long contains ramblings about religion or abortion.
    Ok here goes:

NaH start practicing what you have preached the last 3 years. Screw the oversize cast POS CB shovels even if they have helped you get your cap down by 4 strokes and get some GFF blades forged in the fires of Mt Fuji by ancient Samurai Warriors.

This is like when BJ went all metrosexual on us. We miss the old NaH.

Now where the f#ck am I?

hey, hey NO PRACTICING.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Before everyone passes judgment on me and calls me a hypocrite because of some recent developments in my own bag, allow me to represent my case. I have one chink in my armor and it is the "Thriver." .
    Anyone with a thragina in his bag is not entitled to criticize anyone else's choice of shovels over blades.

and anyone with a thragina AND a chibbler nipplick in his back deserves the forced club-fitting with Prostate-us...

the prostate is, I remind you, within easy reach of the properly used purple 12 incher...

I am, however, a bit on the troubled side.

Imagine what these @$$h0les will say about me if I fail to beat him under these circumstances. (shudder)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Anyone with a thragina in his bag is not entitled to criticize anyone else's choice of shovels over blades.

and anyone with a thragina AND a chibbler nipplick in his back deserves the forced club-fitting with Prostate-us...

the prostate is, I remind you, within easy reach of the properly used purple 12 incher...

I am, however, a bit on the troubled side.

Imagine what these @$$h0les will say about me if I fail to beat him under these circumstances. (shudder)
    I can assure you, the pressure is all on you . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Ramblings?

carefully reasoned, cogent and compelling arguments, you mean.

Change your name to Elephant Balls, for the 'never forget' thing.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

NaH. I hate to break it to you, but a real magical club drops the 4 strokes off your cap almost instantly, not over a period of months. Sorry, you are going to have to blame your current improvement on better driving or putting. Just think, with some MP67's you would
    be almost scratch.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    NaH. I hate to break it to you, but a real magical club drops the 4 strokes off your cap almost instantly, not over a period of months. Sorry, you are going to have to blame your current improvement on better driving or putting. Just think, with some MP67's you would
    be almost scratch.
    Out of the fog and the gloom of POS shovel drivel, there comes wafting through the aftermath of ignorance one bright ray of hope for this forum . . . . . .

Bless you, my son . . . . . .

Go to the light, NAH, go to the light!! Mizuno is waiting for you in all his GFF brilliance!!

I can assure you, the pressure is all on you . . . . .

mm hmm... spoken like a man dodging pressure... :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Go to the light, NAH, go to the light!! Mizuno is waiting for you in all his GFF brilliance!!
    I actuaklly just went to a golf store having a closing down sale and had a set of second hand MP 30s in good nick for $299. If I had a lazy 300 lying around it would be tempting, although I could probably stilll score better on ebay.

hey NAH how'd your dad take the news...

THAT YOU JUST LEARNED YOU LIKE SUCKING C.OCK? YOU FA.G

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2

Omen
    Can you ask him for me when he takes his cok out of your mouth.

Omen
    Omen, I need to speak to you . . . . . you're never around anymore, . . . . I have to preach to the kids, explain to them the values of GFF, and try to keep that little bugger, Edgey, from coming around and leading them astray. The kids get rowdy and now this, . . . . . little NAH is playing with shovels . . . . . . . . . . . . . . this is all your fault, Omen, I blame you. If you were around a little more this likely would not be happening. I just can't do it all by myself. I need a vacation while you stay at home with the kids for a change . . . . .

NEW GR BIATCH MOVE;

trying to save face by reusing another posters material... SO PHUCKING LAME

hey, it's cool that you're jumping ship. You australians were always a distant cousin to the French in my book. Your cowardice is legendary.

did those paddles come with ultra thick winn super lite no feel grips as well?

Omen

NEW GR BIATCH MOVE;

trying to save face by reusing another posters material... SO PHUCKING LAME

hey, it's cool that you're jumping ship. You australians were always a distant cousin to the French in my book. Your cowardice is legendary.

did those paddles come with ultra thick winn super lite no feel grips as well?

Omen
    I admit I didn't put alt of effort into the last post, but I haven't scraped the bottom of the barrel by re-using something you posted. You should know all about re-cycling posts, you haven't had any new material in years.

There are more French people in your part of the world than ours dickweed. And if memory serves me correctly your country grovelled to the French for help to save yourselves getting an arse kicking from the English. Australians are legedary for alot of things, like beer drinking and general uncivilised behaviour, but if you ever came over here and accused any Australian of cowardice you would be trying to say your next sentence without a larynx, as it would be ripped out with the rest of your throat. And that includes the women and small children, who would also give a runt like you an arse whooping without raising a sweat.

what are you doing? rank bi.tches like you can't speak to a real man like that. It's not recycling retard. It's my material, I'm not on here quoting anyone else's shi.t.

There are no French People in America. We have nothing French here, hell even our fries aren't french... they're freedom fries. The number one superpower in the godd.amn universe doesn't ask anyone for help. Get one thing straight, Australia is the leftover shi.t scumbags from english prisons. You're the people noone wanted. So go back out to your dirttrack, with your aboriginee wives and try to make another stever irwin, punk as.s piece of shi.t paddle playing sack of douche that can get killed by the GENTLEST CREATURE IN THE PHUCKING OCEAN. Yeah you australians are real bad as.ses, so long as you're not facing anything meaner than a phucking dandelion.

have a nice day you pillow bitting, coc.k swilling, queer.

Omen, with all due respect

what are you doing? rank bi.tches like you can't speak to a real man like that. It's not recycling retard. It's my material, I'm not on here quoting anyone else's shi.t.

There are no French People in America. We have nothing French here, hell even our fries aren't french... they're freedom fries. The number one superpower in the godd.amn universe doesn't ask anyone for help. Get one thing straight, Australia is the leftover shi.t scumbags from english prisons. You're the people noone wanted. So go back out to your dirttrack, with your aboriginee wives and try to make another stever irwin, punk as.s piece of shi.t paddle playing sack of douche that can get killed by the GENTLEST CREATURE IN THE PHUCKING OCEAN. Yeah you australians are real bad as.ses, so long as you're not facing anything meaner than a phucking dandelion.

Still no new material. At least you can call yourself an environmentalist of sorts, you're the greatest recycler of excrement in GR history. Al Gore could learn something from you.

Amen.

If you have never hit the sweet spot on a blade you haven't lived yet. With the shovels I was using, even a good shot felt hollow, like crap; I wasn't having fun.

Sooner, this post is a work of art.

As I have said, the shovels are working and staying in the bag, but as a self confessed golf tragic I will never say never when it comes to GFF making their way back to the bag. And if anyone anywhere asked me the best irons you can get my answer will always be GFF. I'm not trying to justify my use of shovels by saying they are as good as GFF, but they are working for me and my TPS 6.0s are IMO the Rolls Royce of cast players CBs and infinitely superior to anything from Cally. I reiterate not as good as GFF, but still a dam fine set of irons.

P.S. Very nice post Sooner. Even though I get torched by it I have to give it a thumbs up.

As I have said, the shovels are working and staying in the bag, but as a self confessed golf tragic I will never say never when it comes to GFF making their way back to the bag. And if anyone anywhere asked me the best irons you can get my answer will always be GFF. I'm not trying to justify my use of shovels by saying they are as good as GFF, but they are working for me and my TPS 6.0s are IMO the Rolls Royce of cast players CBs and infinitely superior to anything from Cally. I reiterate not as good as GFF, but still a dam fine set of irons.

P.S. Very nice post Sooner. Even though I get torched by it I have to give it a thumbs up.
    What you need is a cheap set of secondhand GFF blades that you can bag when you feel like it and have the TPS as your backup clubs when you need em.

Best of BOTH worlds.

Now where the f#ck am I?

What you need is a cheap set of secondhand GFF blades that you can bag when you feel like it and have the TPS as your backup clubs when you need em.

Best of BOTH worlds.
    That's exactly what I need. I can't believe I got rid of the Zoid Pro IIs, they fit the bill perfectly. I'm an idiot.

That's exactly what I need. I can't believe I got rid of the Zoid Pro IIs, they fit the bill perfectly. I'm an idiot.
    Maybe SoonerBS, knowing your predicament, can ship you his set of MP-33's free of charge, you just cover the shipping. He has three sets and I know he prefers the 67's.

How about it Sooner? Put your money where your mouth is and help a GFF Brutha out?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Maybe SoonerBS, knowing your predicament, can ship you his set of MP-33's free of charge, you just cover the shipping. He has three sets and I know he prefers the 67's.

How about it Sooner? Put your money where your mouth is and help a GFF Brutha out?
    You are a true sh!t stirrer Kiwi. For that matter i have plenty of GFF blades; but they are all mine, mine, mine...... BROO HA HA HA.

You are a true sh!t stirrer Kiwi. For that matter i have plenty of GFF blades; but they are all mine, mine, mine...... BROO HA HA HA.
    A bit harsh there OP. If you read Sooner's impassioned post above I would have thought this was the least he could do.

Now where the f#ck am I?

A bit harsh there OP. If you read Sooner's impassioned post above I would have thought this was the least he could do.
    Yes it was a good call, and very astute/clever ; but I still think my comment was right on the money.

Yes it was a good call, and very astute/clever ; but I still think my comment was right on the money.
    No, it could not happen. It would be akin to a bank robbery; now if he bought a $1000 set of shovels I could understand Sooner sending him one of his three GFF for free.

But purchasing cheap ass shovels that could dig my only living grandparent a grave when she dies, dug in an hour, is abominable... (love you grandma, you full blooded 90 year old Irishwoman (County Cork) that still drives to the bar every day!) ... well she is here in San Francisco, but she is from County Cork; gonna visit there in about 6 months.

I don't know, but she drinks like a fish, but drives like a 20 year old... she is blowing stop signs and ripping around corners... I don't get it, seriously; she still climbs 3 flights of stairs every... oh don't get me started.

But I have 3 sets of golf clubs and I wouldn't give my blades to some random guy.

But let us all keep in mind that it is the swing, not the club; but the blades feel so much better...

Nemo, there's a reason for the name of the town of Lafayette, Louisiana. The short version is that we went begging to the French to keep the English from kicking our asses, and Lafayette is one of the metrosexuals they sent to do the job.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Hey kiwi,
    Maybe you should set up a poll to see who votes OP should send NAH some discount t GFF. Let's churn this bad boy right up.

welcome back omen you skinny c.unt

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    Hey kiwi,
    Maybe you should set up a poll to see who votes OP should send NAH some discount t GFF. Let's churn this bad boy right up.

welcome back omen you skinny c.unt
    From each according to his ability (to hand it over), to each according to his need (for forged blades)... Golf Marxism.... I like it.

Lucky for me the sets I own are 35 years old and nobody wants them.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

As touched as I am by the outpourings of generosity, I could never take a set of GFF as a gift from anyone on GR, eve if someone was stupid enough to give a set away. GFF is not a gift to be trivially bestowed, but a privilege to be earned. I need to get them in the heat of battle in an ebay auction, or from pooling my voucher winnings in my weekend comps. Only then can I experience the full gammut of the magic that is GFF.

Well, well, well, like a thief in the night Omen (skinny little twat) sneaks back into GR.

If dynamite were brains you cousin humping peado you wouldnt have enough to blow your cheap arsed Mizuno hat off. Still banging on about blades like some cheap 1970's porn star about to slip his gay for pay schlong into his bum chums star piece. How does eat shite f uck off and die sound you f ucking loser.

Have you broke 90 recently, you thick c unt

Edgey

PS Nice to see you back

Nah. Just as we can work and drill and finally learn a real golf swing, we can learn to hit nearly any golf clubs-- from K-Mart cheapos to someone else's "fit" clubs. You can do it-- but it will take a while and persistence--and a good fundamental swing. I read that Hogan's specially fitted clubs were impossible to hit even for other touring pros-- but they could do it. Imagine picking up Bobby Jone's 2i, wood shaft, tiny forged blade, leather grip wrapping pretty much like friction tape on a sandlot baseball bat. Not great, but if you persist, you could do it.

I guarantee any touring pro could shoot about the same scores with any premium set of clubs-- graphite, OS Cavity back, whatever. It is the swing, not the instrument.

Larry

Nah. Just as we can work and drill and finally learn a real golf swing, we can learn to hit nearly any golf clubs-- from K-Mart cheapos to someone else's "fit" clubs. You can do it-- but it will take a while and persistence--and a good fundamental swing. I read that Hogan's specially fitted clubs were impossible to hit even for other touring pros-- but they could do it. Imagine picking up Bobby Jone's 2i, wood shaft, tiny forged blade, leather grip wrapping pretty much like friction tape on a sandlot baseball bat. Not great, but if you persist, you could do it.

I guarantee any touring pro could shoot about the same scores with any premium set of clubs-- graphite, OS Cavity back, whatever. It is the swing, not the instrument.

Larry
    How can you guarantee that? I've tried graphite irons and lose about 10 yards per club. I lose 40 yards with a regular shafted, high lofted driver. Of course I'm going to score better with clubs that fit my swing speed and ball flight. Your argument doesn't make any sense. I agree that you could probably manipulate your swing to eventually make them work but there's no way they would work as well as clubs fitted for your optimum spwing.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)

Then explain why Payne Stewart -- one of the best swings on tour of his time -- had his game go south when he switched from his muscle-back irons to the TopFlite cavity-back model that they wanted him to promote.

Explain why Tiger had to continue playing with his Titleist irons while Nike worked...

...and worked...

...and worked to make an iron set that he liked.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Edgey,
    thanks for the warm welcome. It was a little too impersonal. One thing nice about Omen is that he is not some twinkle toed australian phuck who goes with the wind. Omen is more like the Mighty Oak, stable, unchanging, dependable. Omen is of the mindset that why mask you're shi.tty swing faults instead of fix them.

It's why Omen is the most respected name on GR.

Omen, the most respected name on GR

Edgey,
    thanks for the warm welcome. It was a little too impersonal. One thing nice about Omen is that he is not some twinkle toed australian phuck who goes with the wind. Omen is more like the Mighty Oak, stable, unchanging, dependable. Omen is of the mindset that why mask you're shi.tty swing faults instead of fix them.

A status on equal ground with Spokesman of the Kentucky Inbreeding Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    Then explain why Payne Stewart -- one of the best swings on tour of his time -- had his game go south when he switched from his muscle-back irons to the TopFlite cavity-back model that they wanted him to promote.

Explain why Tiger had to continue playing with his Titleist irons while Nike worked...

...and worked...

...and worked to make an iron set that he liked.
    Ah, yes.....the venerable "some pros play blades, so this has some relevance to me" argument.
    Stale, irrelevant, but thanks anyway.

Edgey,

Some of us like to go out and break 90 occassionally.

How can you guarantee that? I've tried graphite irons and lose about 10 yards per club. I lose 40 yards with a regular shafted, high lofted driver. Of course I'm going to score better with clubs that fit my swing speed and ball flight. Your argument doesn't make any sense. I agree that you could probably manipulate your swing to eventually make them work but there's no way they would work as well as clubs fitted for your optimum spwing.
    Why are you surprised? Larry gives out more flimsy guarantees than a used car salesman. Or a former Republican President.

Some of us like to go out and break 90 occassionally.
    Yeah I shot 77 last weekend with one OB tee shot resulting in 6 and a double on a par 3.

so i'm willing to bet that i'll crush you even if i'm not playing my best. Might be due to the fact that my ballstriking owns you, BUT HEY THAT WAS BOUND TO BE TRUE.

Omen, adding traitorous australian swine to the list of LOATHING.

Yeah I shot 77 last weekend with one OB tee shot resulting in 6 and a double on a par 3.

so i'm willing to bet that i'll crush you even if i'm not playing my best. Might be due to the fact that my ballstriking owns you, BUT HEY THAT WAS BOUND TO BE TRUE.

Omen, adding traitorous australian swine to the list of LOATHING.
    We've all seen how it easy it can be to manipulate a handicap or post bogus scores over the net. For al you guys know I may be a 27 handicap chopper. We can only really go by the testimony of fellow GR memjbers who have shared rounds. What was your score the last time you played wiht someone from GR?

We've all seen how it easy it can be to manipulate a handicap or post bogus scores over the net. For al you guys know I may be a 27 handicap chopper. We can only really go by the testimony of fellow GR memjbers who have shared rounds. What was your score the last time you played wiht someone from GR?
    Yes....another beauty of the anonymous internet. In fact, I could even invent an additional personality or two on GR who could then vouch for my score......
    NOTHING can be proven or disproven on GR, so it is a B.S. paradise for those so inclined.

That said, I'm more likely to distrust the person who is crowing about his prowess than someone admitting to an average level of accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Yes....another beauty of the anonymous internet. In fact, I could even invent an additional personality or two on GR who could then vouch for my score......
    NOTHING can be proven or disproven on GR, so it is a B.S. paradise for those so inclined.

That said, I'm more likely to distrust the person who is crowing about his prowess than someone admitting to an average level of accomplishments.
    And in Omen's case, we've also got exhibit A: swing vid of him taking divots with the driver.

those weren't divot retard. that was the results of the vortex created by swingspeeds in excess of 100 mph... something you know nothing about.

My last score with a fellow gr member was a mid 80 i believe.. my first one was a 93 the second was an 80 and the last was an 85 or 86 i believe.

SO GO PHUCK YOURSELF BUDDY.

I'm man enough to post my bad rounds as well as my good ones. Can't say we've seen any verifiable level of honesty from you yet!

Omen, never lied about anything regarding his golf game.

those weren't divot retard. that was the results of the vortex created by swingspeeds in excess of 100 mph... something you know nothing about.

My last score with a fellow gr member was a mid 80 i believe.. my first one was a 93 the second was an 80 and the last was an 85 or 86 i believe.

SO GO PHUCK YOURSELF BUDDY.

I'm man enough to post my bad rounds as well as my good ones. Can't say we've seen any verifiable level of honesty from you yet!

Omen, never lied about anything regarding his golf game.
    I'll begrudgingly give you credit for that one Omen. Nice spin doctoring.

Melbourne Storm stripped of premierships for salary cap breaches

A little off topic NAH but have you heard about The Storm?

Holy crap this is worse than the Doggies back in 2003.

Geez Oldplayer, I hope golfers from Melbourne have more honesty than your NRL team!!!

Now where the f#ck am I?

A little off topic NAH but have you heard about The Storm?

Holy crap this is worse than the Doggies back in 2003.

Geez Oldplayer, I hope golfers from Melbourne have more honesty than your NRL team!!!
    Yeah I'm pretty pissd off about it. I have definately had an increasing interest in the NRL since we had a team represented. And such a successful one. Now all the success counts for nothing and this season is also totally shot. The NRL powers that be must be really spewing as this will hurt the game, maybe beyond fixing in Melbourne. Come to think of it maybe the AFL put Waldren up to doing it to destroy the onset of the game in Victoria. It would be worth millions. He now has moved to a super 14 club where no salary cap applies. Talk about a f uck up!!

Yeah I'm pretty pissd off about it. I have definately had an increasing interest in the NRL since we had a team represented. And such a successful one. Now all the success counts for nothing and this season is also totally shot. The NRL powers that be must be really spewing as this will hurt the game, maybe beyond fixing in Melbourne. Come to think of it maybe the AFL put Waldren up to doing it to destroy the onset of the game in Victoria. It would be worth millions. He now has moved to a super 14 club where no salary cap applies. Talk about a f uck up!!
    It's amazing isn't it but it almost proves that the salary cap works! It seems to keep the competition even and prevents the wealthy teams from dominating like the Manchester United's and Chelsea's do in the UK Premiership. It sucks when you have a 14-16 team competition but only 3-4 teams ever win it. The NRL has been a great competition for a long time because not many teams are able to win it in consecutive seasons. On the contrary many winning teams struggle to even make the playoffs in the following season. Melbourne have had remarkable success over the past 5 years but now we know why. It makes you wonder how successful they would have been if they had played within the rules.

I can imagine how pissed off you must feel OP.

This sucks BIG TIME!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information