|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.

Ecco Street Golf Shoe Review

The shoes I was currently wearing were some Adidas shoes that I had got on clearance two years ago for $50. They were fairly comfortable but I have spent about $65 on replacing spikes. The groves in the shoes wear spikes fit were getting very worn and I doubt I would be able to replace any more spikes in a few of the spots so I decided to get new shoes.

I decided to go with the Fred Couple's shoes for a few reasons.

I've owned Ecco shoes in the past and they have been great. Comfortable and long lasting. I wear a more formal pair into the office everyday for the last two years.

I thought the permanent spikes would be good. Testing in the store, they seemed to grip on the carpet very well.

Besides the blisters on the heals I got the first time out with them they are great.
    Ultra comfortable. I feel I have better balance in them.
    They are soft and have a great relaxed comfort feel about them. I feel like I've even developed a smooth Freddy strut with them.

The grips work great. Only thing, on freshly mowed wet fairway, the grass does clump up between them that I need to scrape out with a tee at the end of the round. The grips themselves are harder and I think will be very durable but feel soft when walking on pavement.

One year waterproof warranty. I guess that is a little less than the two or three years for some of the other shoes on the market for the same price.

The look is very casual. Almost like a "sketchers" sneaker. Very upclose it does have a look of an old man orthopedic shoe, but the colored accents give it a more modern flair. I have the white ones with green accents. They do have darker color ones available.

Overall, I like the feel and look. I always wear shorts and feel casual look goes well.

Best part....the look on peoples faces when I'm kicking their asses wearing sneakers.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    What kind of grips do they have?

I like Winn grips.

Hey.......why do your shoes have grips anyway?

Are they spares?
    SMT 455db 9* - Accuflex VS339 X
    Sonartec SS-03 - TT DG S400
    KZG Forged Blades 3-PW - Rifle Project X 7.0
    KZG Forged Raw 52*, 56*, 60* - Rifle Spinner 6.5
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x
    Cash for the beer cart and a quarter to mark my ball

I wouldn't call them spikes.....they are more like grips. Never heard of shoe grips?

I'll help you out.
    http://www.google.ca/search?source=i...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Ecco calls them "pre-moulded traction bars" if you want the technical description

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    The shoes I was currently wearing were some Adidas shoes that I had got on clearance two years ago for $50. They were fairly comfortable but I have spent about $65 on replacing spikes. The groves in the shoes wear spikes fit were getting very worn and I doubt I would be able to replace any more spikes in a few of the spots so I decided to get new shoes.

I've owned Ecco shoes in the past and they have been great. Comfortable and long lasting. I wear a more formal pair into the office everyday for the last two years.

I thought the permanent spikes would be good. Testing in the store, they seemed to grip on the carpet very well.

Besides the blisters on the heals I got the first time out with them they are great.
    They are soft and have a great relaxed comfort feel about them. I feel like I've even developed a smooth Freddy strut with them.

The grips work great. Only thing, on freshly mowed wet fairway, the grass does clump up between them that I need to scrape out with a tee at the end of the round. The grips themselves are harder and I think will be very durable but feel soft when walking on pavement.

One year waterproof warranty. I guess that is a little less than the two or three years for some of the other shoes on the market for the same price.

The look is very casual. Almost like a "sketchers" sneaker. Very upclose it does have a look of an old man orthopedic shoe, but the colored accents give it a more modern flair. I have the white ones with green accents. They do have darker color ones available.

Overall, I like the feel and look. I always wear shorts and feel casual look goes well.

Best part....the look on peoples faces when I'm kicking their asses wearing sneakers.
    The problem I see with these golf shoes is that they really don't look good on the course with either pants or shorts. I'm sorry but I went on the website and those shoes would look ridiculous with shorts on the golf course. They look like boating sneekers.

I sometimes wear my pair of Etonic G-Soks that have spikeless soles. Cheap and comfortable enough and they still have some gripping nubs after 4 or so years. I still really miss the steel spikes and that special excitement that I used to get when playing with approaching electrical storms.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    They look like boating sneekers.
    They are meant to look like sneakers. That's the appeal.....to some.

I'd rather see it go that direction than the direction it is taking with shoes looking like track runners, like the entire Puma line up.

I've had many pair of ecco's. Their idea of waterproof is not very waterproof. Their waterproof gore-tex (GTX models) are good but all others are crap if you have to play in rain or very wet grass like we have in the NW. Probably not an issue for most people around the US but I'll never buy the non Gore-text models again.

Good news is they are very liberal on their warranty of the "waterproof" shoes. My wife has exchanged 3 pairs due to them leaking. She likes the fit and keeps buying them. Personally I hate the hassle of exchanging the shoes.

I wouldn't call them spikes.....they are more like grips. Never heard of shoe grips?

I'll help you out.
    http://www.google.ca/search?source=i...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Ecco calls them "pre-moulded traction bars" if you want the technical description
    You need to see your friendly neighborhood humorist technician.

It seems your smart assery detectors are out of calibration.....

Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h

If it bends it's funny. If it breaks it's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_h

You'll have to excuse me....it's fuking snowing here and not looking good through the weekend.

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    I've had many pair of ecco's. Their idea of waterproof is not very waterproof. Their waterproof gore-tex (GTX models) are good but all others are crap if you have to play in rain or very wet grass like we have in the NW. Probably not an issue for most people around the US but I'll never buy the non Gore-text models again.

Good news is they are very liberal on their warranty of the "waterproof" shoes. My wife has exchanged 3 pairs due to them leaking. She likes the fit and keeps buying them. Personally I hate the hassle of exchanging the shoes.
    My Eccos have never leaked but when golfing in Florida the heat made the dye from the saddle leach into my socks. 14 pairs I had to throw away. Guess my feet don't like really hot weather but it was the only shoe to have done this.

Cool shoes!

My next shoes!
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

I'm not sold on the permanent spikes. The shoe is worthless once the spikes are worn, whereas you just replace spikes in other shoes.
    I thought Freddy looked a bit retarded in those slippers.
    They gave you blisters.
    Conclusion: Ecco golf slippers are a b!tchmove.
    /Thread Closed
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Hmmmmm. I'll Bet those would go good with light colored denim......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

I just ordered the last pair of these to get my Summer golfing wardrobe off to a start. I had a brown pair I golfed in for the last 2 or 3 years, but it was time to trash them at the end of last Summer. I found these babies for $39.99 at Austad's. They are the last pair in any size and they just so happened to be a 13 M -- just my size! I know you guys are excited for me . . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I just ordered the last pair of these to get my Summer golfing wardrobe off to a start. I had a brown pair I golfed in for the last 2 or 3 years, but it was time to trash them at the end of last Summer. I found these babies for $39.99 at Austad's. They are the last pair in any size and they just so happened to be a 13 M -- just my size! I know you guys are excited for me . . . . .
    Sweet mother of fukc! Did those come with a dildo?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

You can't argue with comfort brutha! I started wearing mine again already.....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    You can't argue with comfort brutha! I started wearing mine again already.....
    When it gets above 80 degrees, it's time to don the cargo shorts and sandals. The dogs MUST breathe!

When it gets above 80 degrees, it's time to don the cargo shorts and sandals. The dogs MUST breathe!
    Tank top or shirtless?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Tank top or shirtless?
    I prefer "wife beater" t-shirts . . . .

I'm not sold on the permanent spikes. The shoe is worthless once the spikes are worn, whereas you just replace spikes in other shoes.
    I thought Freddy looked a bit retarded in those slippers.
    They gave you blisters.
    Conclusion: Ecco golf slippers are a b!tchmove.
    /Thread Closed
    The Adidas shoes I have now are worthless after two years because the grooves for the spikes are so worn from changing spikes that they won't hold a spike anymore or near impossible to get a spike out. . What's the difference?

I get a new pair of shows every couple years regardless.

The blisters come from the fact I took them out of the box and walked 18 holes in them right away. If you've never gotten blisters from new footwear, you are lucky.

They are comfortable as hell, and when you play and walk 4 days a week, that's the priority.
    What shoes do you have/recommend? Curious

I prefer "wife beater" t-shirts . . . .
    Isn't that formal wear on Oklahoma?

Isn't that formal wear on Oklahoma?
    Pretty much . . . .

Don't forget your towel and beach ball

The Adidas shoes I have now are worthless after two years because the grooves for the spikes are so worn from changing spikes that they won't hold a spike anymore or near impossible to get a spike out. . What's the difference?

I get a new pair of shows every couple years regardless.

The blisters come from the fact I took them out of the box and walked 18 holes in them right away. If you've never gotten blisters from new footwear, you are lucky.

They are comfortable as hell, and when you play and walk 4 days a week, that's the priority.
    What shoes do you have/recommend? Curious
    I have 4 pairs that I wear semi-regularly.
    Rated for comfort...
    2010 Nike TW - These are quite possibly the best shoes I've ever owned. Fit like a glove, kinda badass now that Tiger is whore-banging malcontent. A bit pricy, but the inlaws got me a gift certificate.
    2009 - FJ DryJoys - Like these too, but they are probably half a size too big. No size consistency in the FJ brand between models.
    2009 Adidas Powerband Sport - Nothing special about these. They look like you could run a 10 K in them, but they aren't that comfy.
    2008 - FJ MyJoys - They are the PODS style. More of a joke shoe than anything else, but I still break them out for the odd tournament. They were a entry gift in a tourney and you got to customize the color, saddle color, put logos on it, etc. I tried to find the most ridiculous looking combo. I like them alright for comfort, but they are already falling apart and I've only worn them for about 15 rounds.

Other stuff I've had recently...
    Adidas Tour 360's - POS. Heavy shoe, not a great fit. They did hold up pretty well though.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Rated for comfort...
    2010 Nike TW - These are quite possibly the best shoes I've ever owned. Fit like a glove, kinda badass now that Tiger is whore-banging malcontent. A bit pricy, but the inlaws got me a gift certificate.
    2009 - FJ DryJoys - Like these too, but they are probably half a size too big. No size consistency in the FJ brand between models.
    2009 Adidas Powerband Sport - Nothing special about these. They look like you could run a 10 K in them, but they aren't that comfy.
    2008 - FJ MyJoys - They are the PODS style. More of a joke shoe than anything else, but I still break them out for the odd tournament. They were a entry gift in a tourney and you got to customize the color, saddle color, put logos on it, etc. I tried to find the most ridiculous looking combo. I like them alright for comfort, but they are already falling apart and I've only worn them for about 15 rounds.

Adidas Tour 360's - POS. Heavy shoe, not a great fit. They did hold up pretty well though.
    HB, I agree on the Dryjoys. For whatever reason the Dryjoy model fits like a glove. I have two pair of very expensive Callaway shoes and they are both uncomfortable with hard leather. Footjoy Contour is also very comfortable but I don't think they look as good with pants. Look great with shorts, though.

Rated for comfort...

I have size 13 shoes. All of the new styles seem very "Big" as far as their look and when you add that to a larger size shoe I think it looks really bad, especially when you are wearing shorts. They look like ski's almost. Although they are making them feel very light in weight. I wonder how that will prove on durability. Here we have a lot of different type of weather, wet, dry, snow. It's hard on footwear here.

I would love to own a set of those just to see the look on the coffin dodgers faces at our course when i rolled up in them.

I dont think they would fit in with British weather though

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Sweet mother of fukc! Did those come with a dildo?
    They should come with a helmet and a special olympics medal.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    I would love to own a set of those just to see the look on the coffin dodgers faces at our course when i rolled up in them.

I dont think they would fit in with British weather though

Edgey
    Wear black socks with them.

You'll be fine.
    Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1
    Titleist ProV1x

I agree with Riverologist. Replacing the spikes is a waste of time because the shoes usually wear out as fast as the shoes anyway. The only spike I ever replace is the one near the toes as that often wears out but half the time I can't get the fukker out.

BTW I usually wear Adidas shoes.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information