|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Well I've gne and done it

I mentioned a couple of days ago that I was seriously looking at a 905R. There were actually two finishing close ot each other, the one with the Blue oard which I spoke of, and another with a NV 65 Stiff. The one with the NV finished earlier and I thought it would go cheaper so I put in a bid for it and got it for $75.

I'm happy to get one, but I'm looking at the one with a Blue Board and it hasn't gone up yet. There is a minute left and it's on 71. I wish the auctions had been the other way round so I could have taken a run at the Blue Board, but I was just happy to get either one. I like the NV65 as it's a bit softer to flex than so it's between reg and stiff, and I've got a Blue Board I can swap out if I want anyway.

It just went for 76.09, so I got mine a bit cheaper.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 10-17-2010 at 01:40 AM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Damn it. I just went ot the review section to see how much extra yardage I was going to get, and how much more accurate I will be, but the review section is down again. I hope it get's back up before I take delivery, I don't want ot take it to the course with any doubts in my mind that it's gonna be a 320 yard bomber down the pipe all day.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Congrats NAH. Hope you like it as much as others who seem to rave about it. You have really taken this driver ho'ing to a new level. How many drivers is that in the past 6 months?

A set of GFF must be just around the corner?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Congrats NAH. Hope you like it as much as others who seem to rave about it. You have really taken this driver ho'ing to a new level. How many drivers is that in the past 6 months?

A set of GFF must be just around the corner?
    This is about number 4 for the year, but two of those were from shops. I won't be buying any new irons, drivers are easier to justify cause they are relatively cheap. I've already sold one for the money I paid for it, and am about to offload at least more. 'm goign away working this week, but as it's daylight saving I'll have a bit of time to play a few holes after work, and I'm taking the Cally and the Tour Proto away for a thorough trial. Only one will be staying with me, the toher will be going up on ebay. I have a suspicion that I'll probably sell the Tour Proto. It's just a little too much club for me to hit consistently, and is in much better nick than the Cally, and has a head cover, so it should draw a better price. I think it will more than pay for the Titty. If the Titty works out as well as I hope it would, my brother might the lucky ricipient of a Cally FT5 with whichever shaft I don't want for the Titty.

Congrats on the buy, the 905R is a great club.

Dont worry about ho'ing drivers, everyone on GR knows that golf is all about driving the ball 300yds. Anyone who says differently is a limp wristed queen, obviously.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I've had my 905R since last December. The Mrs. got it for me off Ebay for Christmas. Came with YS-6+ stiff. I'd been playing a 905T with same shaft in regular and it was pretty good and reliable. Got the R and played it in Florida in the cold and wind in March and found the T was more reliable since the R would go right unless the stars aligned. After a bunch of research and hitting various drivers in the computer set up at the local chain store, I ordered a V2 75g regular flex and had them install it. This is the aces for me. No more rights or snap pull hooks. Just relatively straight. The shaft is the lowest torque (2.2) in a regular flex I could find. I don't think its that much longer than anything else for me, its just longer on certain drives on holes I've been playing for 30 years. Its like "I've never been here before on this hole" time after time. I hope that the 905R prices will continue to drop after Titleist starts selling the 910's in a couple of weeks. I don't think I'm done experimenting with shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    I hope that the 905R prices will continue to drop after Titleist starts selling the 910's in a couple of weeks.
    Since the 910's have gone adjustable hosel I wouldn't count on too much of that. If the other manufacturers are any indication, the market will seek out older non-adjustables so people don't have to mess with that nonsense.

Personally, I would like my drivers to come with a bottle of vodka... not a wrench.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I mentioned a couple of days ago that I was seriously looking at a 905R. There were actually two finishing close ot each other, the one with the Blue oard which I spoke of, and another with a NV 65 Stiff. The one with the NV finished earlier and I thought it would go cheaper so I put in a bid for it and got it for $75.

I'm happy to get one, but I'm looking at the one with a Blue Board and it hasn't gone up yet. There is a minute left and it's on 71. I wish the auctions had been the other way round so I could have taken a run at the Blue Board, but I was just happy to get either one. I like the NV65 as it's a bit softer to flex than so it's between reg and stiff, and I've got a Blue Board I can swap out if I want anyway.

You should have spent that money on some new irons or at least on headcovers for those Powerbilts you play.

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    Since the 910's have gone adjustable hosel I wouldn't count on too much of that. If the other manufacturers are any indication, the market will seek out older non-adjustables so people don't have to mess with that nonsense.

Personally, I would like my drivers to come with a bottle of vodka... not a wrench.
    You make a great point. I've hit numerous used Taylors that were pretty cheap and many of them hit great with better in-store computer numbers than the Tits I play. But there's something about all those joints that give me the willies. I have enough moving parts in my swing to compound troubles with moving club parts. Although the range of adjustments for the 910 seems to be comprehensive.

I agree it's nonsense but can't you just set up something like the R9 neutral and leave it at that?

Speaking of the R9 I played 12 holes with a demo version last Thursday. The guy in the pro shop asked what my typical shot shape was and I admitted I had been losing a few right lately. He set it up 1% closed and I have to say I was nailing that baby long and straight compared to a few banana balls I've been hitting with my own driver. However I just don't like the feel at impact of the Taylormade drivers I have demo'ed compared to my trusty old Cleveland Launcher.

I don't know whether it was the closed face or I was just swinging well last Thursday but it was on of my better driving days recently. My driving has sucked lately.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    You should have spent that money on some new irons or at least on headcovers for those Powerbilts you play.
    Good point. I guess iron head covers can be acceptable in certain situations.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I agree it's nonsense but can't you just set up something like the R9 neutral and leave it at that?

Speaking of the R9 I played 12 holes with a demo version last Thursday. The guy in the pro shop asked what my typical shot shape was and I admitted I had been losing a few right lately. He set it up 1% closed and I have to say I was nailing that baby long and straight compared to a few banana balls I've been hitting with my own driver. However I just don't like the feel at impact of the Taylormade drivers I have demo'ed compared to my trusty old Cleveland Launcher.

I don't know whether it was the closed face or I was just swinging well last Thursday but it was on of my better driving days recently. My driving has sucked lately.
    Kiwi

Closed face drivers are the first sign of hackerdom. From there the next step is cavity back TM irons. I am assuming since the result of your poll they are back in the bag?

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I was playing with a guy yesterday that had an R9 Superdeep driver that was custom made at 44 1/2 inches. I think he had the Fubuki shaft. Anyway, he let me try it on a couple of holes. It was a 9.5 degree but he had it adjusted to a couple degrees closed. It was a completely different feel and look from my Callaway Hyper X Tour. I hit some decent drives by they both had a pretty strong draw shape to them. Not a bad driver.

Let us know whenever it knocks 4 strokes off your score . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Let us know whenever it knocks 4 strokes off your score . . . . .
    Or increases fairways and greens stats.

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Kiwi

Closed face drivers are the first sign of hackerdom. From there the next step is cavity back TM irons. I am assuming since the result of your poll they are back in the bag?

Edgey
    You are absolutely correct Edgey however I have decided that the R7 TP's with their lack of offset and thin topline are a little too unforgiving for me. I need to look on E-Bay for some R7 'Draw' irons to go with the closed face driver. I already have the hybrids in the bag. All that remains now is a Thriver and Lovett/Niblick to complete the setup.

I would like to get the amazing new Ping K-15's with their brilliant 'Straight Flight' Technology innovation but alas a Kiwi pauper like myself can't afford the latest and greatest that an English Gent like yourself can.

Now where the f#ck am I?

You are absolutely correct Edgey however I have decided that the R7 TP's with their lack of offset and thin topline are a little too unforgiving for me. I need to look on E-Bay for some R7 'Draw' irons to go with the closed face driver. I already have the hybrids in the bag. All that remains now is a Thriver and Lovett/Niblick to complete the setup.

I would like to get the amazing new Ping K-15's with their brilliant 'Straight Flight' Technology innovation but alas a Kiwi pauper like myself can't afford the latest and greatest that an English Gent like yourself can.
    There's a set of K15's on Craigslist for $799 used one round.

There's a chance that will be the best $75 you've ever spent on golf. In your honor, I'm taking the D3 Rombax out of the bag and going with my R with the the Motore for the winter.

The added roll of the D3 will dissipate as conditions get wet so I'll take the extra carry of the R.
    GR lives...

There's a set of K15's on Craigslist for $799 used one round.
    One round???

Did the guy not appreciate that the K15 Series is engineered to help golfers bring their shots back on line and back into play? Using an innovation known as Straight FlightTM Technology, PING engineers developed this fabulous new breakthrough line of of clubs with product features that promote straighter and longer ball flights.

Mark my words. I predict that in less than 6 months all of GR will be drinking the PING Koolaid all thanks to the PING K-15 series.

Now where the f#ck am I?

One round???

Did the guy not appreciate that the K15 Series is engineered to help golfers bring their shots back on line and back into play? Using an innovation known as Straight FlightTM Technology, PING engineers developed this fabulous new breakthrough line of of clubs with product features that promote straighter and longer ball flights.

Mark my words. I predict that in less than 6 months all of GR will be drinking the PING Koolaid all thanks to the PING K-15 series.
    I'm hearing great buzz on them, your appropriate sarcasm aside. But like all Ping clubs, they're just so g.odd.amned ugly.
    GR lives...

Sounds like you will be then looking for some second rate fields to beat up on.

Just took delivery of the new weapon. I got it sent to my work to avoid any difficult questioning, and brought it home on the train and snuck it into the garage (I know, I need to grow some balls). Took it with me to the golf club and hit a few old practice balls down the first when the course was empty. This driver is everything everyone said it would be and more, and everything I hoped for. With barely a stretch and no wram up I flushed 3 of the purest feeling drives I've ever hit. Granted, I looked at the face and every one was smack out of the middle, but I never hit three sweet spot dirves in a row so I put that down to the overall balance of the club. I was effortlessly hitting towering straight drives with a slight touch of draw towards the end of the flight. It was beautifuyul to watch. And surprisingly for a Titleist it's also about the most forgiving driver I've it. On the strength (and feel) of those three drives this is the best driver I've ever owned. Nothing else even comes close, and I've owned some good drivers. Even my old 975 JVS flushed didn't feel as good as this thing. I'm jumping out of my skin waiting for the weekend to see how far and straight it goes on the course. I may need to take a day off next week and go to a championship course ot give a full workout.

They are good drivers NAH, i remember hitting one that belonged to a friend of mine and at the time i thought it was fantastic. From memory it was 9.5* with a stiff graffalloy blue shaft and it went like a rocket. The size and look of the head, the sound and distance were all excellent.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Just took delivery of the new weapon. I got it sent to my work to avoid any difficult questioning, and brought it home on the train and snuck it into the garage (I know, I need to grow some balls). Took it with me to the golf club and hit a few old practice balls down the first when the course was empty. This driver is everything everyone said it would be and more, and everything I hoped for. With barely a stretch and no wram up I flushed 3 of the purest feeling drives I've ever hit. Granted, I looked at the face and every one was smack out of the middle, but I never hit three sweet spot dirves in a row so I put that down to the overall balance of the club. I was effortlessly hitting towering straight drives with a slight touch of draw towards the end of the flight. It was beautifuyul to watch. And surprisingly for a Titleist it's also about the most forgiving driver I've it. On the strength (and feel) of those three drives this is the best driver I've ever owned. Nothing else even comes close, and I've owned some good drivers. Even my old 975 JVS flushed didn't feel as good as this thing. I'm jumping out of my skin waiting for the weekend to see how far and straight it goes on the course. I may need to take a day off next week and go to a championship course ot give a full workout.
    Sounds good NAH. I will be interested to hear your impressions once it's been in the bag for a while. We all have honeymoon periods with new clubs but it sounds like you are proclaiming this your greatest ever driver after a brief one night stand.

On the other hand my relationship with my Cleveland Launcher is a bit like a marriage. We have our rough patches but I'm happy to announce that we have settled our differences and are once again in a happy, loving relationship. We were going through a rough patch which is the only excuse I can offer for the unfaithful one night stand I had with that cheap and skanky Taylormade R9. After some counseling my Cleveland Launcher has decided to forgive me and last night we were happily back to crushing drives down the middle. So much so that my playing partner and his Callaway FT-9 couldn't stand it anymore and had to slink away home with his tail between his legs after only 9 holes.

I will never be unfaithful to the Launcher again.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Sounds good NAH. I will be interested to hear your impressions once it's been in the bag for a while. We all have honeymoon periods with new clubs but it sounds like you are proclaiming this your greatest ever driver after a brief one night stand.

On the other hand my relationship with my Cleveland Launcher is a bit like a marriage. We have our rough patches but I'm happy to announce that we have settled our differences and are once again in a happy, loving relationship. We were going through a rough patch which is the only excuse I can offer for the unfaithful one night stand I had with that cheap and skanky Taylormade R9. After some counseling my Cleveland Launcher has decided to forgive me and last night we were happily back to crushing drives down the middle. So much so that my playing partner and his Callaway FT-9 couldn't stand it anymore and had to slink away home with his tail between his legs after only 9 holes.

Actually, the other driver I was seriously looking at was the 2009 Cleveland Launcher. I had a hit of a 9 degree with a custom NV 65 stiff in it and I was blown away. I was hieeing it pure right from the get go and it easily ourperformed the driver I had in the bag that day (Powerbilt). IMO they are a seriously underrated driver, the feel, distance and ball flight I was getting was top notch. And it was very consistent. The only problem was that the ones on ebay all had the stock fuji shafts which I seriously doubt would have performed as well for me as the one I hit. I think the 905R just shades the 2009 Launcher but IMO the Cleveland is probably the closest thing out there. After today and my demo with the 2009 Launcher I'm starting to wonder how much was the club and how much was the shaft. I've hit the NV in the past and didn't like it (it felt a bit whippy and soft), but that was when I was younger and had a bit more chs than I do now, and I went at it more instead of swinging smoother like now. Maybe the NV stiff is the perfect shaft for where I'm at now. I'm pretty confident that my bag is now complete. I've settled on the rest of the bag for over a year now, but I had to find the perfect driver.

Nice post Kiwi. I know where you are coming from and the irony is that true golf nuts do establish relationships with their clubs, albiet they are obviously inanimate objects.

My 905r has been in my bag over a year and is still as good as the day it went in. I can confirm just how surprisingly forgiving they are for a "players" driver.
    I have tried others in the last year but they have never lasted more than one round.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Nice post Kiwi. I know where you are coming from and the irony is that true golf nuts do establish relationships with their clubs, albiet they are obviously inanimate objects.

My 905r has been in my bag over a year and is still as good as the day it went in. I can confirm just how surprisingly forgiving they are for a "players" driver.
    I have tried others in the last year but they have never lasted more than one round.
    I know form my previous experience with the 975 JVS that there are no honeymoon periods with Titty drivers. You either love them straight up or can't hit them, but if you love them they will actually get better as you get more accustomrd to what they can do. I think it comes down to the quality and precision, Titleist drivers perform the same way every time. If you put the same swing on it twice you will get an identical result. As I said earlier, I hit 3 in a row right in the middle of the sweet spot, and without a warm up. This can't be down to just the swing.

On the other hand my relationship with my Cleveland Launcher is a bit like a marriage. We have our rough patches but I'm happy to announce that we have settled our differences and are once again in a happy, loving relationship.
    I look at drivers more as children. When they get unruly they have to be put in timeout and their little brother 3w gets to go out and play. Ones that really misbehave have to be sent off to the eBay reform school. And, like children, every now and then they have to be be beaten without mercy and thrown into a lake.
    Last edited by Home-slicer; 10-21-2010 at 05:00 AM.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Actually, the other driver I was seriously looking at was the 2009 Cleveland Launcher. I had a hit of a 9 degree with a custom NV 65 stiff in it and I was blown away. I was hieeing it pure right from the get go and it easily ourperformed the driver I had in the bag that day (Powerbilt). IMO they are a seriously underrated driver, the feel, distance and ball flight I was getting was top notch. And it was very consistent. The only problem was that the ones on ebay all had the stock fuji shafts which I seriously doubt would have performed as well for me as the one I hit. I think the 905R just shades the 2009 Launcher but IMO the Cleveland is probably the closest thing out there. After today and my demo with the 2009 Launcher I'm starting to wonder how much was the club and how much was the shaft. I've hit the NV in the past and didn't like it (it felt a bit whippy and soft), but that was when I was younger and had a bit more chs than I do now, and I went at it more instead of swinging smoother like now. Maybe the NV stiff is the perfect shaft for where I'm at now. I'm pretty confident that my bag is now complete. I've settled on the rest of the bag for over a year now, but I had to find the perfect driver.
    Glad you like the new driver. The 905R is one of the best looking/feeling drivers of all time. I used to have a Cleveland 460 launcher with Aldila NV Green and loved it. It got stolen with the rest of my bag about 3 years ago. That's how I ended up getting the 905R. I would be second guessing you loving the driver after just 3 drives but the fact that you did it on the course and not the range is a good sign. If had great demo sessions on the range that didn't represent at all how the club played on the course.

So much so that my playing partner and his Callaway FT-9 couldn't stand it anymore and had to slink away home with his tail between his legs after only 9 holes.
    IMO the FT-9 was a Callaway Pig... a big step back from the FT-5. They seem to have redeemed somewhat with the FT-Tour, which I have hit very well but was not paying the asking price.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I look at drivers more as children. When they get unruly they have to be put in timeout and their little brother 3w gets to go out and play. Ones that really misbehave have to be sent off to the eBay reform school. And, like children, every now and then they have to be be beaten without mercy and thrown into a lake.
    My 3 wood is more like my Driver's best friend and usually sides with her in any disagreements meaning she is just as unruly and disruptive if I try to sideline the driver.

Now where the f#ck am I?

IMO the FT-9 was a Callaway Pig... a big step back from the FT-5. They seem to have redeemed somewhat with the FT-Tour, which I have hit very well but was not paying the asking price.
    It might have been the FT-5. All I know is my buddy has been bombing his recently acquired Callaway and I have been struggling. The other night we had a complete role reversal and after several OB shots he'd had a gutsful and bailed after 9 holes.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I look at drivers in the same way I used to look at dating women. After a while I begin to notice the negative traits along with a blemish here or there. They begin to show their true colors and then when I ignore them they start hooking. I trade them in for something newer, sleeker and more modern. Sometimes I'll see my old ones out there on Craigslist for only a tenth of their former value. Sometimes there's a photo and I think "I used to hit that?".

What happened to the Titleist ban NAH, are their no depths you will not plumb too. You are prostituting your beliefs on the altar of results.

WHORE!!

Edgey

What happened to the Titleist ban NAH, are their no depths you will not plumb too. You are prostituting your beliefs on the altar of results.

WHORE!!

Edgey
    Whilst I have pointed out in the other thread that the Titleist ban has been lifted I too am surprised that NAH would stoop to cheap, copycat knock offs, made in a Chinese sweatshop which is how NAH has disparagingly described Titleist many times in the past.

Can't see how the 905r would be as good as his Powerbilt driver anyway.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Whilst I have pointed out in the other thread that the Titleist ban has been lifted I too am surprised that NAH would stoop to cheap, copycat knock offs, made in a Chinese sweatshop which is how NAH has disparagingly described Titleist many times in the past.

Can't see how the 905r would be as good as his Powerbilt driver anyway.
    On the basis that he appears utterly shameless in his whoring attempts to play better golf WHY does he persist in his ridiculous comments on hybrids.

He has bent over, dropped his kegs and lubed up so he may as well go the whole hog and f ucked up the arse!!

Edgey

On the basis that he appears utterly shameless in his whoring attempts to play better golf WHY does he persist in his ridiculous comments on hybrids.

He has bent over, dropped his kegs and lubed up so he may as well go the whole hog and f ucked up the arse!!

Edgey
    I can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't play hybrids. It is the one piece of technology that is absolutely genuine and makes a tremendous difference in hitting shots that are 180 to 230 yards. A hybrid is significantly easier to hit out of the rough and is perfect for hitting a 200 yard shot that needs to land softly.

I can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't play hybrids. It is the one piece of technology that is absolutely genuine and makes a tremendous difference in hitting shots that are 180 to 230 yards. A hybrid is significantly easier to hit out of the rough and is perfect for hitting a 200 yard shot that needs to land softly.
    This is really interesting because whilst we are still arguing till the cows come home about blades v cavity backs the long irons v hybrid debate has long since died down. It used be a raging hot topic on this forum.

For the record I play 18* & 20.5* hybrids in place of a 2iron/5 wood and 3 iron.

Now where the f#ck am I?

This is really interesting because whilst we are still arguing till the cows come home about blades v cavity backs the long irons v hybrid debate has long since died down. It used be a raging hot topic on this forum.

For the record I play 18* & 20.5* hybrids in place of a 2iron/5 wood and 3 iron.
    In all fairness since NAH's bum chum has slunk off he has become a shadow of his former self

For the record i use a 22 and 25 degree hybrid. Ping, of course.

Edgey

In all fairness since NAH's bum chum has slunk off he has become a shadow of his former self

For the record i use a 22 and 25 degree hybrid. Ping, of course.

Edgey
    I thought the k15's were hybrid from 3-6 (20*, 23*, 27*, 31*).
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I look at drivers in the same way I used to look at dating women. After a while I begin to notice the negative traits along with a blemish here or there. They begin to show their true colors and then when I ignore them they start hooking. I trade them in for something newer, sleeker and more modern. Sometimes I'll see my old ones out there on Craigslist for only a tenth of their former value. Sometimes there's a photo and I think "I used to hit that?".
    LOL...nice one.

I'm probably more of polygamist. If there is a chance I might want to "hit it" again in the future, I might as well keep a harem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I thought the k15's were hybrid from 3-6 (20*, 23*, 27*, 31*).
    Here's the specs on the K15 irons:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k15.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	2507  

So its optional. WTF is Edgey doing taking the "player" option?

Glad you like the new driver. The 905R is one of the best looking/feeling drivers of all time. I used to have a Cleveland 460 launcher with Aldila NV Green and loved it. It got stolen with the rest of my bag about 3 years ago. That's how I ended up getting the 905R. I would be second guessing you loving the driver after just 3 drives but the fact that you did it on the course and not the range is a good sign. If had great demo sessions on the range that didn't represent at all how the club played on the course.
    I've had the old 460 Launcher and liked it a lot, but not as much as the Titty. It's been discussed in the past that pros will hit a new driver only 2 or 3 times before deciding to put it in the bag or not, as they know that a driver must fit your swing sraight away, and if you hit it 3 times and it doesn't work you will start adjusting your swing t fit the driver, which is counter productive. I hit the 905R great from the first swing, and the 2 subsequent swings, which means it must be a good fit for my swing, in the past I've bought drivers which take about 10 or more swings to adjust, which means they weren't a good fit.

Actually what you really can't comprehend is the fact that there are some guys who just prefer the look and feel of a long iron or 5 wood, and can't hit hybrids. I flame a lot about how gay hybrids are, but in all seriousness I accept that they are a great innovaton, based purely on some of the shots I see playing partners hit with them, but for mine I have more confidence with a 3 iron than a hybrid. And from the fairway I have much more condifence with a 3 wood than a hybrid. And if you look at modern 3 woods (like my bazooka) they are probably closer to hybrids than traditional fairway woods. My 3 wood has a much shallower profile (like a hybrid) than the old school 3 woods.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    So its optional. WTF is Edgey doing taking the "player" option?
    Because by any measure i am a player!

Has that helped you?

Edgey

Just got back from the course and as usual the driver didn't behave quite as well as it did in practice, but I saw enough of what I like to know this is a keeper. I wasn't swinging it great but was still getting decent results and good distance, and smoked one drive which was probably as good a drive as I've hit in over a year. The feeling through the hands was incredible on the flushed shot, and waspretty good on the not perfect shots. Very straight too, doesn't really wanna go left or right, but can be worked if you try.

Because by any measure i am a player!

Has that helped you?

Edgey
    I just find it a little hypocritical that a hybrid advocate such as yourself would take the less forgiving option.

Thread Information