|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

For all the ho's out there.

Here is a chance to do a lifetime hoing in one go.
    Good luck selling these!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-40000-OLD-VI...item20b2e7d20c
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

On the iPhone app there are a lot more pictures. I get an idea of what your garage must look like, OP. The sellers name is "Money $hark!" I'm thinking he collected these clubs from a poor old guy that had a horrible football season gambling-wise. I was going to buy them, then I noticed that the eight iron in set 27564 had a pretty bad ding in te sole, so I backed out.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Looks like the garbage section of a golf shop where they keep the trade ins and which is always at the back of the shop away from view. I wouldn't pay this clown $159 for this load of scrap metal.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Op is your wife making you clean up a bit?
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Here is a chance to do a lifetime hoing in one go.
    Good luck selling these!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-40000-OLD-VI...item20b2e7d20c
    Blow the seller's mind land email him that you'll consider bidding his asking price only if he sends you a detailed inventory list with a description of each club including overall length, swingweight, lie angle, shaft make and flex etc.

That same lot was up on Ebay a couple of years ago. I had thought that that was where Ironfinder web site had ho'ed their clubs from.
    I do not see a whole lot of good stuff in there unless it is burried. I think its time for plan B of that guys retirement plan.
    ... a tree branch, or my foot.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdriver
    That same lot was up on Ebay a couple of years ago. I had thought that that was where Ironfinder web site had ho'ed their clubs from.
    I do not see a whole lot of good stuff in there unless it is burried. I think its time for plan B of that guys retirement plan.
    I have no doubt in the world this guy picked these up from council throw outs, rubbish tips and garage sales. I didn't see a sinle decent set of irons amongst that lot.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

You guys are missing the point. This guy is the master of golf hos . . . . . . . bow to the King!!

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

The total works out to $4 a club.

I would consider buying the lot of putters in the picture, because I like blade putters...he can even throw in the blue rubber coated putter that you use at mini-golf putt putt courses.

I bet Horseballs would like that black leather bag with the bengal tiger on the outside.

I also like the bag with "cougar" printed on the side. That branding should be resurrected by the LPGA tour.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    You guys are missing the point. This guy is the master of golf hos . . . . . . . bow to the King!!

My friends dad owned a golf shop and went out of business three years ago. He had hundreds of sets of clubs, old drivers, putters, etc. Probably about 2/3 of what is shown here. I think he kept a few hundred of the better ones and trashed the rest. I doubt any of these sets are worth much. Someone could sell them on ebay by the set or club and make some money off the shipping and handling but I doubt it would be worth it if you have anything going in your life...

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    My friends dad owned a golf shop and went out of business three years ago. He had hundreds of sets of clubs, old drivers, putters, etc. Probably about 2/3 of what is shown here. I think he kept a few hundred of the better ones and trashed the rest. I doubt any of these sets are worth much. Someone could sell them on ebay by the set or club and make some money off the shipping and handling but I doubt it would be worth it if you have anything going in your life...
    It's very difficult to sell used clubs these days and make any kind of profit. Drivers that are 3 years or older often sell for around $25 on Ebay. It's really not worth the effort unless you have a ton of them to sell. You can buy a Great Big Bertha on ebay for $9. Of course, who would want a GBB except for a beginner just wanting something to swing at the range?

We were using an iMac in our daughter's room just for her learning games and we recently decided to get rid of it. I can't even sell it for $25 on Ebay. Golf equipment is similar in that the old technology is worth nothing to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    On the iPhone app there are a lot more pictures. I get an idea of what your garage must look like, OP. The sellers name is "Money $hark!" I'm thinking he collected these clubs from a poor old guy that had a horrible football season gambling-wise. I was going to buy them, then I noticed that the eight iron in set 27564 had a pretty bad ding in te sole, so I backed out.
    That's good business sense HS. There's nothing worse than buying a whole garage full of golf clubs only to find out that the shameless seller coveniently forgot to mention the obvious ding on one of the irons. Just imagine how difficult it would have been to ship it all back to him.

Jackson Course at Rock Barn in Hickory, NC
    I had already written a check when I found out I had to bring the mothballs with me. I can't get them all in the back of my Model-T, so I have to pass on them. Too bad, though, I could really take my game to the next level. I could have played a different club for every shot for the rest of my life, and I am only 25!
    In accordance with new rules...I play a 2x4 and a lead pipe.
    Listing anything golf related is a B!TCHMOVE.

I think I saw a good set of Powerbilt Citations in there, maybe '86's. The problem this guy has had was that he overpriced everything he tried to sell individually over the years. Still, a pawnbroker should never take in golf clubs, given the tremendous snobs most golfers are.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts
    I think I saw a good set of Powerbilt Citations in there, maybe '86's. The problem this guy has had was that he overpriced everything he tried to sell individually over the years. Still, a pawnbroker should never take in golf clubs, given the tremendous snobs most golfers are.
    I get a kick out of the ads you see in Craigslist where someone is trying to sell a Titleist 975D driver for $150 or a set of Callaway VFT irons for $500. Their ads usually look like this:

Titleist 975D driver, 9.5 loft, w/ headcover in excellent condition..$150. Retails for $399.

When you ask them if they'll take $18 for it they act offended and say "Are you kidding me? I paid $399 for this club!!

I reply in a courteous manner "Sir, that was 12 years ago"

They reply "It's in perfect condition"

I reply "Ok, I'll give you $19"

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I get a kick out of the ads you see in Craigslist where someone is trying to sell a Titleist 975D driver for $150 or a set of Callaway VFT irons for $500. Their ads usually look like this:

Titleist 975D driver, 9.5 loft, w/ headcover in excellent condition..$150. Retails for $399.

When you ask them if they'll take $18 for it they act offended and say "Are you kidding me? I paid $399 for this club!!

Yeah I've seen some beauties on ebay. Like a used set of Wilson Pi5 for $599. I feel like emailing them saying you got no hope mate, do you actually know what you can get a set of these for? You're dreamin'.
    But because I'm not an abrasive smartarse I don't
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Yeah I've seen some beauties on ebay. Like a used set of Wilson Pi5 for $599. I feel like emailing them saying you got no hope mate, do you actually know what you can get a set of these for? You're dreamin'.
    "$599 for Wilson Pi5's? Tell him he's dreaming!"
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I just checked and those Revos passed in without a bid. I thought $350 was very reasonnable for such a collectable set (only 100 made by the look of it), the golf industry must be really struggling. I wish I had a lazy $350 laying around, I would have bought them to use at that low price, mever mind as an investment. Maybe the graphite shafts put people off. But they were gold plated for fux sake, and still no takers.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I just checked and those Revos passed in without a bid. I thought $350 was very reasonnable for such a collectable set (only 100 made by the look of it), the golf industry must be really struggling. I wish I had a lazy $350 laying around, I would have bought them to use at that low price, mever mind as an investment. Maybe the graphite shafts put people off. But they were gold plated for fux sake, and still no takers.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    I don't think many people these days appreciate how good that era of Maxfli irons were. all the sheep want Callaways and TM's. i was watching it too as you alerted me to it. They would have been an interesting set to own but i don't have the cash to splash around at the moment. Perhaps they may get relisted at a lower price.

Here's a good example. Callaway VFT irons and woods, even brand new, are worth next to nothing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	callaway ad.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	2585  

Here's a good example. Callaway VFT irons and woods, even brand new, are worth next to nothing.
    If his dad was a golf pro, certainly he should know better. That's retarded.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    If his dad was a golf pro, certainly he should know better. That's retarded.
    Exactly. The VFT woods were the ones that threw Callaway back a step. They were a huge failure and felt/performed like crap. The irons didn't do very well either.

The woods, even new, are worth about $50 tops. The irons are worth about $200 and the bag maybe $50.

Exactly. The VFT woods were the ones that threw Callaway back a step. They were a huge failure and felt/performed like crap. The irons didn't do very well either.

The woods, even new, are worth about $50 tops. The irons are worth about $200 and the bag maybe $50.
    Those were without the worst feeling woods Callaway ever made. The driver had a sweet spot the size of pea. I agree that the VFT was a death blow for Callways dominance of the driver market. From memory they were up against the 975 series and the TM 320 series drivers, which means they weren't in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Those were without the worst feeling woods Callaway ever made. The driver had a sweet spot the size of pea. I agree that the VFT was a death blow for Callways dominance of the driver market. From memory they were up against the 975 series and the TM 320 series drivers, which means they weren't in the running.
    I think the next brilliant move they did was have Arnold Palmer tout their ERC illegal driver and then Kessler on TGC called him on it and was let go shortly after that. Then they came out with the ERC Fusion driver that was $500 (now on Ebay for $9) and they took forever to come out with a 460 driver. They even came out with a drive called the 454. I can just see golfers at a store thinking "you know, I think just 6 more cc will get me the distance I need. I think I'll go with the Cleveland".

OP an NAH, I thought you might be interested in this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kangaroo-Leather...item336411c9ed

That is replusive. That guy has got a real hide for asking that sort of money!

OP an NAH, I thought you might be interested in this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kangaroo-Leather...item336411c9ed
    I'm taking a 200km drive tomorrow, someone please remind me to give the missus a needle and some thread and stop for the first lot of road kill i come across!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Here's another example of a great buy. Better grab this one FD.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Titleist-704-...item25605e10ae

$500? Dreamin.

Hey now FD that's offensive to my favorite driver... it may have cost me $7 but it was $399 retail. What are you some kind of snob?

Quote Originally Posted by jetdriver
    Hey now FD that's offensive to my favorite driver... it may have cost me $7 but it was $399 retail. What are you some kind of snob?
    you missed my point. I picked that driver out of thin air and was illustrating how some guys price really old items based on what they paid for them. I have nothing against the 975D driver.

That's a good one. I like the detailed description of the Titleist Driver. Always nice to know exactly what you're bidding on. That whole set is worth about $200 at the most. The best part was him telling us that the Zebra putter is worth $135. I remember seeing them at some golf store brand new a few years back for $19.

you missed my point. I picked that driver out of thin air and was illustrating how some guys price really old items based on what they paid for them. I have nothing against the 975D driver.
    I was just yanking your chain FD. I know the greatest ball striker of all time would know of the high qualities of my current $7 driver.

I would bid on this but there's no bonus sleeve of gutta perchas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1700s-Wood-...item5190a7ab9a

You can't bid on them it's BIN price.
    I would seriously contemplate buying them except for two things.
    1. They are left handed.
    2. They probably wouldn't have the same tradjectory or carry as my current irons.

Just a technical point. They would have to come with featheries. gutta percha was much later.

1. They are left handed.
    2. They probably wouldn't have the same tradjectory or carry as my current irons.

Just a technical point. They would have to come with featheries. gutta percha was much later.
    Are you sure they are worth that much?

In the second picture the grooves look a little worn.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

That thing is worth $40 bucks to anyone with half a brain!

1. They are left handed.

One thing I like about it is the RTG finish. Whoever made the club must have been ahead of their time creating a club that slowly rusts over time. I wonder if it has macdaddy grooves.

Thread Information