|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

To Our Aussie Brethren

You guys in the way of that monster cyclone hitting your homeland? Stay safe, mates.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    You guys in the way of that monster cyclone hitting your homeland? Stay safe, mates.

Don't go outside to throw your boomerangs at Koala bears. Just stay indoors and listen to your Men at Work and Little River Band LP records.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Don't go outside to throw your boomerangs at Koala bears. Just stay indoors and listen to your Men at Work and Little River Band LP records.
    Two great bands and I like several of their songs!!

Cool Change
    Lonesome Loser
    ...and I'm sure a few others

And who can forget...be good be good, be good be good be good, be good be good be good, be good johnny.

Yep, no need to go croc wrestling in the outback with a typhoon bearing down on you. Certainly no time for a walkabout.
    Just stock up on Fosters and meat pies and watch Nicole Kidman movies on the telly.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Yep, no need to go croc wrestling in the outback with a typhoon bearing down on you. Certainly no time for a walkabout.
    Just stock up on Fosters and meat pies and watch Nicole Kidman movies on the telly.
    ..and listen to Keith Urban while having some shrimp on the barbie.

Or you could watch a re-run of this years Ashes series. That would cheer up any Aussie :-0
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    ..and listen to Keith Urban while having some shrimp on the barbie.
    I'm afraid I can't endorse the use of a barbie when there's a typhoon bearing down on you.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I'm afraid I can't endorse the use of a barbie when there's a typhoon bearing down on you.
    Me neither. The typhoon will blow away all the heat from the barbie and you end up with stewed steak. In other words an English BBQ. Not that NAH would mind. He probably likes his BBQ'ed aubergine & corn cob done on a low heat.

Geez the Aussies are doing it tough in QLD. First the flooding just weeks ago now this cyclone. I am happy to report though that our three GR Regulars NAH, Oldplayer & Rooboy are a long way south of the cyclone and well out of the danger zone.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 02-02-2011 at 11:00 AM.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

How about some Pseudo Echo if not LRB.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Or you could watch a re-run of this years Ashes series. That would cheer up any Aussie :-0
    They'd probably prefer to watch the current one day series including last nights record run chase.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    They're the ones that did a remake of "Funky town" right? They had an original song that I liked, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
    There was an Australian dude named Jacko that yelled "oi!!!" in the old energized battery commercials. What was his deal?
    Edit. I found a link! Enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2RSu...e_gdata_player
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

They're the ones that did a remake of "Funky town" right? They had an original song that I liked, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
    There was an Australian dude named Jacko that yelled "oi!!!" in the old energized battery commercials. What was his deal?
    Edit. I found a link! Enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2RSu...e_gdata_player
    LOL "Engergizer - It'll surprise Ya!!!"

That's what years of playing Aussie Rules Football will do to a man.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    They'd probably prefer to watch the current one day series including last nights record run chase.
    No one cares about the one day series and any Ocker who says otherwise is telling porkies

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

No one cares about the one day series and any Ocker who says otherwise is telling porkies

Edgey
    Aussies don't dwell on their losses and if they lose ten in a row and then win one match they celebrate like they are world beaters. They'll take any sort of win. You should know that.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Me neither. The typhoon will blow away all the heat from the barbie and you end up with stewed steak. In other words an English BBQ. Not that NAH would mind. He probably likes his BBQ'ed aubergine & corn cob done on a low heat.

Geez the Aussies are doing it tough in QLD. First the flooding just weeks ago now this cyclone. I am happy to report though that our three GR Regulars NAH, Oldplayer & Rooboy are a long way south of the cyclone and well out of the danger zone.
    English food was originally created under windy conditions. A long, long time ago, food was on a hearth in an ancient English village when all at once a windstorm blew down the structure. The fire from the hearth and the pot of food was catapulted into the adjacent outhouse whereupon it all caught fire. The product of this is still served everywhere in England to this day.
    GR lives...

Hardy ha ha. You guys are farkin hilarious.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Definitely a face for radio not TV.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

My guess is local dentist offices will do the same business as usual.
    GR lives...

Aussies don't dwell on their losses and if they lose ten in a row and then win one match they celebrate like they are world beaters. They'll take any sort of win. You should know that.
    Cause thats how the English treat rugby! Come to think of it kiwi, i don't think Aussies dwell on anything...... was it just me or was it windy yesterday??
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Very little of Australia actually gets a cyclone season Sooner. Mainly North Queensland. The one that hit last night was bloody huge by our standards , category 5 with winds recorded around 300kph. So far the reports have been no loss of life, but it did wipe out pretty much the entire country's banana crop and sugar cane fields etc. I watched a fair wack of it on tv and i really don't know how people can live with tornado/cyclone seasons.
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Prefer Sherbet or Aussie Crawl. Wonder Kiwi didn't suggest Crowded House!
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

How the fuk has someone from America heard of Pseudo Echo? I didn't realise they sold records outside Australia. I remember the stramnge looking guitar/keyboard hybrids well. If you guys are talking Aussie bands how about Hoodoo Gurus, especially beng a surfie band and all.

Just for HB's edification, I plan on sitting back with a can of fosters and a vegemite sandwich.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Prefer Sherbet or Aussie Crawl. Wonder Kiwi didn't suggest Crowded House!
    Not a big fan myself. You can claim them as your own.

Now where the f#ck am I?

The internet is a wonderful thing. Looking for some stuff on you tube and stumbled across them. I do like their version of Funktown and a few others.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Don't forget Aussies greatest gifts to us in entertainment -- The Bee Gees and Olivia Newton John.

The BeeGee's actually weren't that bad till they discovered disco. After that, fck em.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

The BeeGee's actually weren't that bad till they discovered disco. After that, fck em.
    I understand, truly I do. But, you and I both know that Saturday Night Fever is a guilty pleasure and we both have to watch it whenever we are surfing through the channels.

I understand, truly I do. But, you and I both know that Saturday Night Fever is a guilty pleasure and we both have to watch it whenever we are surfing through the channels.
    Saturday Night Fever is one of the greatest movies of all time. The music is fantastic and Disco was awesome! When Stayin' Alive comes on the radio I crank it up and pretend I'm Danny Zukko doing the strut. I'm not ashamed to admit that I liked disco. I even had a Village People album.

Have never watched that. Don't see any reason to start now. The only good thing, well at the time it was good, was during the disco era nose candy was very plentiful. Probably still is, but outgrew that many years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Saturday Night Fever is one of the greatest movies of all time. The music is fantastic and Disco was awesome! When Stayin' Alive comes on the radio I crank it up and pretend I'm Danny Zukko doing the strut. I'm not ashamed to admit that I liked disco. I even had a Village People album.
    Disco is one of the coolest music genres ever. K C and the sunshine band and the early Jacksons is great stuff. Disco was the last time black dudes actually sang, since then rap took over and they suck.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Disco is one of the coolest music genres ever. K C and the sunshine band and the early Jacksons is great stuff. Disco was the last time black dudes actually sang, since then rap took over and they suck.
    +1

Did you guys learn to do 'The Hustle' at school? We did and not by choice either. We had to. If we didn't want to do it we had to instead go into a little side room and do English work from these textbooks called 'Lets Learn English' which I absolutely hated/despised/loathed/dreaded.

A couple of tough guys in the class didn't want to learn 'The Hustle' but after one session of 'Lets Learn English' the following week they were out there strutting their stuff with the rest of us. LOL

Now where the f#ck am I?

Since I grew up in the late sixties and early seventies I never had that horseshite shoved down my throat.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Forgot to add this to my last post
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Did you guys learn to do 'The Hustle' at school? We did and not by choice either. We had to. If we didn't want to do it we had to instead go into a little side room and do English work from these textbooks called 'Lets Learn English' which I absolutely hated/despised/loathed/dreaded.

A couple of tough guys in the class didn't want to learn 'The Hustle' but after one session of 'Lets Learn English' the following week they were out there strutting their stuff with the rest of us. LOL
    We did Disco Duck.

Been looking on youtube and found a lot of pseudo echo songs. They were pretty damn good. Then did the 80's all night, B-52's, Go-Go's, Romeo Void, Sparks, Splitnz and others. Phuck disco.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Been looking on youtube and found a lot of pseudo echo songs. They were pretty damn good. Then did the 80's all night, B-52's, Go-Go's, Romeo Void, Sparks, Splitnz and others. Phuck disco.
    In all seriousness we both know the 80s sukt arse. The only really decent band I can think of who was biggest in the 80s is Hoodoo Gurus. The only other bands worth a pinch of shitt were bands who were hangovers from the 60s and 70s. I know there will be some who scream that Van Halen, Bon Jovi and Guns n Roses were 80s bands, but really.

On reflection, maybe the Chilli Peppers are another band which came from the 80s and were decent, but that's about it.

Don't forget Aussies greatest gifts to us in entertainment -- The Bee Gees and Olivia Newton John.
    I thought the Bee Gees were born on the Isle of Man?

I thought the Bee Gees were born on the Isle of Man?
    Well you know the Aussies. Quick to claim anything half decent e.g. Pharlap, Crowded House etc But just as quick to discard something/someone when it turns shite or turns out to be a tosser e.g. Russel Crowe

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information