|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Official Thread of the Greatest Sporting Event

The Masters will begin in two weeks. Although there are some Europeans who will likely try to come into this thread and talk about the British Open, the majority of all golfers know that the Masters is the first major of the season and the greatest major of the season. This event stands as the monument for all alpha males to worship. This is played at a club where men have the balls to say, "no beetches allowed." It is where the men are separated from the boys on the art of putting. This is golf at its finest and I am getting a woody just thinking about the grandeur of the whole event.

I will be giving my 4 best picks to win this event next week. I know all of you will be anxiously awaiting my post. Feel free to reminisce about the greatness of this event.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

This piss ant invititational is not worthy of major status, and any golfing purist would know that. IMO the only real majors are the two Opens. The PGA is the little brother trying to copy his big brothers, and the Masters is the cousin in the attic nobody talks about.

It's no coincidence that Jim Nantz is synonymous with this joke event.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    This piss ant invititational is not worthy of major status, and any golfing purist would know that. IMO the only real majors are the two Opens. The PGA is the little brother trying to copy his big brothers, and the Masters is the cousin in the attic nobody talks about.

Hmmm . . . . . . . . going over a list of past winners, I am unable to locate an Oz winner of this great event. I can now understand your vitriol.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    The Masters will begin in two weeks. Although there are some Europeans who will likely try to come into this thread and talk about the British Open, the majority of all golfers know that the Masters is the first major of the season and the greatest major of the season. This event stands as the monument for all alpha males to worship. This is played at a club where men have the balls to say, "no beetches allowed." It is where the men are separated from the boys on the art of putting. This is golf at its finest and I am getting a woody just thinking about the grandeur of the whole event.

I will be giving my 4 best picks to win this event next week. I know all of you will be anxiously awaiting my post. Feel free to reminisce about the greatness of this event.

Sooner I totally agree, Masters Week is my favorite week of the year-I take time off work to go home and track it on computer-others simply watch it later on tv and think I'm wierd. 1986 Masters and Jack's win (and I'm a big football, somewhat basketball and baseball fan too) was the greatest SPORTS moment in WORLD history. Ben's win for Harvey was a close second-2 classy people, and Phil and Freddie's Sunday battle was great stuff too. I got to go to Wed practice rd in 2003, and if I never get lucky enough to go again I will consider myself lucky to have gone just once-what a beautiful place, everythig and more than I'd imagined. I used to watch this tourney (and not hardly any golf otherwise) on tv EVERY year for years before I even started playing golf. Great show-and I think Nance is a plus, Masters is all about tradition, and he IS part of that tradition.
    There is a Great Story told every year at The Masters. Enjoy-I do!
    PS-Is there gonna be a Masters contest on here-this board?

Quote Originally Posted by huskyhater
    Sooner I totally agree, Masters Week is my favorite week of the year-I take time off work to go home and track it on computer-others simply watch it later on tv and think I'm wierd. 1986 Masters and Jack's win (and I'm a big football, somewhat basketball and baseball fan too) was the greatest SPORTS moment in WORLD history. Ben's win for Harvey was a close second-2 classy people, and Phil and Freddie's Sunday battle was great stuff too. I got to go to Wed practice rd in 2003, and if I never get lucky enough to go again I will consider myself lucky to have gone just once-what a beautiful place, everythig and more than I'd imagined. I used to watch this tourney (and not hardly any golf otherwise) on tv EVERY year for years before I even started playing golf. Great show-and I think Nance is a plus, Masters is all about tradition, and he IS part of that tradition.
    There is a Great Story told every year at The Masters. Enjoy-I do!
    PS-Is there gonna be a Masters contest on here-this board?
    I think we will all pick our best 4 choices and see what the four do accumulated money against everyone else's four picks. We'll have to do it for bragging rights since Francois is very cheap.

You are correct about your assessment of the Masters. There is always some great storylines and it is wonderful to see the drama unfold before our very eyes in a virtual Garden of Eden.

You too sound like a couple of love struck school girls at a Justin Bieber concert. Get a grip and wake up and smell the coffee. The Masters is just another regular tour stop, it's absurd that an (small field) invitational played on the same course every year could be considered a major championship, especially when you consider how many of the limited places available are taken up by washed up old hacks who can't break 100 and need a walking frame just to get from the car park to the starters box. A true major championship pits the worlds best players head to head, and ONLY the worlds best players. Only in America.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

First of all, golf isn't a sport. This has been proven countless times by all the lard assses on tour. Second, The Masters is a weak, invitation only tournament that allows past-winner fossils to tee it up next to the contenders.
    The true order of the majors goes...
    US Open
    PGA Championship (not great, but better than the others)
    British Open (luck-fest played on goat tracks with questionable past champions)
    Masters
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Nantz and Augusta is all about Tradition and History. The Masters is an invitational for the greatest golfers-winners all, why all the jealousy and big chip on the shoulder? Tradition is all about having a tourney on the SAME COURSE EVERY YEAR, not skipping around to courses that have maintenance staffs too lazy to repair bomb spots clear back from The War. Rankings? Masters, US Open, British, PGA. Too bad the british has crap weather to further drag it down every year. Americans have other sports to cover their bad-weather months. .................

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    First of all, golf isn't a sport. This has been proven countless times by all the lard assses on tour. Second, The Masters is a weak, invitation only tournament that allows past-winner fossils to tee it up next to the contenders.
    US Open
    Masters
    Good to see some sanity in this thread. Although obviously I have the Open Championship at the top of the list instead of third place, but your argument has merit.

You too sound like a couple of love struck school girls at a Justin Bieber concert. Get a grip and wake up and smell the coffee. The Masters is just another regular tour stop, it's absurd that an (small field) invitational played on the same course every year could be considered a major championship, especially when you consider how many of the limited places available are taken up by washed up old hacks who can't break 100 and need a walking frame just to get from the car park to the starters box. A true major championship pits the worlds best players head to head, and ONLY the worlds best players. Only in America.
    Don't mind NaH, HH, he comes from a land where the best tradition they have is to watch the crocodiles mate in the billabongs.

Nantz and Augusta is all about Tradition and History. The Masters is an invitational for the greatest golfers-winners all, why all the jealousy and big chip on the shoulder? Tradition is all about having a tourney on the SAME COURSE EVERY YEAR, not skipping around to courses that have maintenance staffs too lazy to repair bomb spots clear back from The War. Rankings? Masters, US Open, British, PGA. Too bad the british has crap weather to further drag it down every year. Americans have other sports to cover their bad-weather months. .................
    Nantz strikes me as one of those old perverts with skeletons in his closet. As for tradition, the Masters is manufactured TV fluff. How long has it even been around?

Americans have other sports to cover their bad-weather months. .................
    To be fair, if the Brits waited for a good weather month to have their open, it would never happen.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Don't mind NaH, HH, he comes from a land where the best tradition they have is to watch the crocodiles mate in the billabongs.
    Don't meant to be a snob here Sooner, but your dick sucking adoration of this event really shows your inexperience in the finer points of golf.

US Open
    Masters
    Spoken like a true Yankee!! Go on back to your newfound hobby of extrapolating the number of radio channels you can get that do not have country music on them. I'll give you a hint -- 2.

Don't meant to be a snob here Sooner, but your dick sucking adoration of this event really shows your inexperience in the finer points of golf.
    NaH, the Masters and the PGA are the only two majors that are even vaguely close to the "realistic" golf game that we play. The US Open and the British Open are Mickey Mouse events where course managers try to produce the most unrealistic golfing environments possible. It is obviously you that is showing your inexperience in the finer points of golf here. Sorry.

Spoken like a true Yankee!! Go on back to your newfound hobby of extrapolating the number of radio channels you can get that do not have country music on them. I'll give you a hint -- 2.
    The only radio I get is conservative Bible-thump AM and UK (Univ. of Kentucky, not the foul weather land of crooked teeth) sports talk. And sh!t loads of country.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

The only radio I get is conservative Bible-thump AM and UK (Univ. of Kentucky, not the foul weather land of crooked teeth) sports talk. And sh!t loads of country.

My condolences . . . . . . . . . . . . seriously. Even though country dominates the market here in Oklahoma, too, we do have several choices of other genres. If the Al Quaida ever wanted to torture me to get info out of me, all they would have to do is threaten to play country music to me and I would tell them everything they needed to know.

When you get your Kentucky driver's license I'm guessing you'll be able to play golf for $4.

No golf tournament can have Jim Nantz announce it and be great. Still, I can't wait to watch this s.hitty tournament in 3D.
    GR lives...

NaH, the Masters and the PGA are the only two majors that are even vaguely close to the "realistic" golf game that we play. The US Open and the British Open are Mickey Mouse events where course managers try to produce the most unrealistic golfing environments possible. It is obviously you that is showing your inexperience in the finer points of golf here. Sorry.
    So your response is "No, you are". The ultimate comeback up to about the 2nd grade. If I say "No you are with no returns" does that make me the winner?

+1

In todays golfing environment the majors should be as follows:
    1/ European major
    2/ American major
    3/ Asian major
    4/ Oceanic major (SAfrica,Oz,NZ)
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

I really enjoy watching the Masters but it aint the best major. I dont have a problem with Yanks not liking or getting The Open but why would anyone think an invitational should be a major. On that principle why not make the Arnold Palmer Bay Hill Invitational a Major.

In all fairness i would drop the Masters off the Major rota and either include the Players or something in Asia or Australia.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

After decades of watching professional golf tournaments on TV, I've grown a bit weary of the Masters. Come on, guys, the 18 holes have been analysed, televised, sliced and diced, and praised and damned more than every other course in the world combined. Augusta's pegging my boredom meter. And the announce crew? Retch. Give me the British Open any day on any of the rota courses. Give me the quirky weather and the dark horse out-of-nowhere contenders. Give me the Jean Vandeveldes, the Lois Oostehazens, the Tom Lehmans, the Tom Watsons, the Seves, the Ian Baker Finches, and Normans of the golfing world who luck out or figure out how to hit the shot required at the moment. Plus the best thing about the Open is that on the east coast of the U.S.A., coverage starts real early ( I am an early riser) and concludes early giving me time to do stuff outside later on Sat. and Sun. after the tourney is over. The U.S. Open is OK depending where it is. I will be into it this year since it is about 40 miles down the road from me at Congressional. I've never played it but had friends who have. The PGA is always hot as Hades. It should be played in early April and the Masters should be moved to August. Let's see the old fat guys thrive in that environment, right? I would fancy a 2011 Masters winner along the lines of Stuart Appleby, Martin Kaymer, Justin Rose or Payne Stewart.

US Open
    Masters
    There are many lard assses in the NFL. Fat doesn't make a person non-athletic. With that meter, FIFA Football would be superior to NFL Football. Is the intention of your lard arse argument or an unintended byproduct? Personally I believe professional FIFA Footballers are in better shape and more talented/athletic as a whole over NFL Footballers. The offensive line really lowers the bar for the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    After decades of watching professional golf tournaments on TV, I've grown a bit weary of the Masters. Come on, guys, the 18 holes have been analysed, televised, sliced and diced, and praised and damned more than every other course in the world combined. Augusta's pegging my boredom meter. And the announce crew? Retch. Give me the British Open any day on any of the rota courses. Give me the quirky weather and the dark horse out-of-nowhere contenders. Give me the Jean Vandeveldes, the Lois Oostehazens, the Tom Lehmans, the Tom Watsons, the Seves, the Ian Baker Finches, and Normans of the golfing world who luck out or figure out how to hit the shot required at the moment. Plus the best thing about the Open is that on the east coast of the U.S.A., coverage starts real early ( I am an early riser) and concludes early giving me time to do stuff outside later on Sat. and Sun. after the tourney is over. The U.S. Open is OK depending where it is. I will be into it this year since it is about 40 miles down the road from me at Congressional. I've never played it but had friends who have. The PGA is always hot as Hades. It should be played in early April and the Masters should be moved to August. Let's see the old fat guys thrive in that environment, right? I would fancy a 2011 Masters winner along the lines of Stuart Appleby, Martin Kaymer, Justin Rose or Payne Stewart.
    If Payne Stewart wins it will be the greatest come back since Jesus Christ at Easter around 2000 years ago
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    There are many lard assses in the NFL. Fat doesn't make a person non-athletic. With that meter, FIFA Football would be superior to NFL Football. Is the intention of your lard arse argument or an unintended byproduct? Personally I believe professional FIFA Footballers are in better shape and more talented/athletic as a whole over NFL Footballers. The offensive line really lowers the bar for the NFL.
    Give me a fukkin' break. I will concede that a lard ass is not conditioned well enough to do the idiotic 90 minute run that is soccer. I would say that soccer players may be generally better conditioned than some NFL linesman, but that's where it ends. You obviously don't watch much NFL football, because if you did, you'd realize that the linesman are extraordinarily quick for their size, and anyone "more talented / athletic" but smaller could simply not do their job. You would also know that any wide receiver or running back in the NFL would destroy anyone who has ever stepped on a soccer field.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Give me a fukkin' break. I will concede that a lard ass is not conditioned well enough to do the idiotic 90 minute run that is soccer. I would say that soccer players may be generally better conditioned than some NFL linesman, but that's where it ends. You obviously don't watch much NFL football, because if you did, you'd realize that the linesman are extraordinarily quick for their size, and anyone "more talented / athletic" but smaller could simply not do their job. You would also know that any wide receiver or running back in the NFL would destroy anyone who has ever stepped on a soccer field.
    This is correct on all accounts. As I have given my mark of approval, it cannot be argued.

The Masters is the greatest major of all time and any other major pales in comparison. The winner of the Masters is often times the top player in the world so that tells you right there that it's the best test of golf. Meanwhile, look at the schleps who have won the other majors lately. Ooustenslime? Who the hell is that? Then you've got that little iri.sh bugger that one the US Open....can't remember his name.

When you think of the Masters you think of Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, Woods, Mickelson and Faldo. When you think of the US Open you think of Andy North, Lee Janzten, Curtis Strange, Ernie Els and Goosen. Man, just writing out those names is making me feel like going to sleep. The British Open is usually pretty good but last year's was one of the worst majors of all time. The only major worse than that was when two-chip Chen lost to Andy North.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    The Masters is the greatest major of all time and any other major pales in comparison. The winner of the Masters is often times the top player in the world so that tells you right there that it's the best test of golf. Meanwhile, look at the schleps who have won the other majors lately. Ooustenslime? Who the hell is that? Then you've got that little iri.sh bugger that one the US Open....can't remember his name.

When you think of the Masters you think of Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, Woods, Mickelson and Faldo. When you think of the US Open you think of Andy North, Lee Janzten, Curtis Strange, Ernie Els and Goosen. Man, just writing out those names is making me feel like going to sleep. The British Open is usually pretty good but last year's was one of the worst majors of all time. The only major worse than that was when two-chip Chen lost to Andy North.
    I sort of agree about the Open last year. Problem is that the Old Course is a pretty poor test of top golfers now. The R and A dont have the balls to drop it from the rota.

Royal St George this year. Hope the wind blows real hard.

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    I sort of agree about the Open last year. Problem is that the Old Course is a pretty poor test of top golfers now. The R and A dont have the balls to drop it from the rota.

Edgey
    Actually, there was one good thing about last year's open....it was won by Ping.

In all fairness you have been pretty selective on those Maters winners.

How about some of these schmucks

Angel Cabrera (beating that giant of golf Kenny Perry)
    Trevor Immelman
    Zach Johnson
    Mike Weir
    Mark O'Meara
    Ben Crenshaw
    Sandy Lyle
    Ian Woosnam
    larry Mize

Every Major has its share of oddball winners and the Masters is no exception

Edgey

One of the things I appreciate about GR is the group troll. It's pretty unique, often well executed and one of the things that bonds us regulars. One of the reasons we need new members is that otherwise we'll just keep hooking FD over and over again without a complement of new, innocent ruffled featherers.
    GR lives...

It wasn't my argument. It's an extrapolation of the fat lard arse statement.

You just made my point. Being fat affects someones ability to move the weight for a long period of time but it doesn't mean the person is not fit, strong, or athletic. Being fat just means you are fat. The NFL defensive linemen are usually quick but it's not necessarily a necessity of the offensive line but the comment was a troll, thanks for playing.

The last part isn't entirely true. There are many defensive players in FIFA football that are just as big and strong as any wide receiver or free safety. Just saying.
    Last edited by poe4soul; 03-29-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    One of the things I appreciate about GR is the group troll. It's pretty unique, often well executed and one of the things that bonds us regulars. One of the reasons we need new members is that otherwise we'll just keep hooking FD over and over again without a complement of new, innocent ruffled featherers.
    Very good, very good. What you do back in boys town?

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    It wasn't my argument. It's an extrapolation of the fat lard arse statement.

You just made my point. Being fat affects someones ability to move the weight for a long period of time but it doesn't mean the person is not fit, strong, or athletic. Being fat just means you are fat. The NFL defensive linemen are usually quick but it's not necessarily a necessity of the offensive line but the comment was a troll, thanks for playing.

The last part isn't entirely true. There are many defensive players in FIFA football that are just as big and strong as any wide receiver or free safety. Just saying.
    The UFC has some guy whose nick name is Big Country who is more than a little on the lard arse side of the ledger. He's still exceptionally fit and has had his fare shair of wins. Some guys have naturally larger body types. Endomorphs are the short, squat body types who are naturally fatter than endomorphs who are long and thin. The mesomorph is the body type we usually associate with athleticism purely on the proportions of the body, but there are plenty of fit endomorphs.

The UFC has some guy whose nick name is Big Country who is more than a little on the lard arse side of the ledger. He's still exceptionally fit and has had his fare shair of wins. Some guys have naturally larger body types. Endomorphs are the short, squat body types who are naturally fatter than endomorphs who are long and thin. The mesomorph is the body type we usually associate with athleticism purely on the proportions of the body, but there are plenty of fit endomorphs.
    Xenomorphs have gigantic, elongated heads and they drip lots of saliva. They go through two stages of development. First, upon the egg being disturbed they venture out and then attach themselves to their prey's face. They then lay an egg inside their prey which then bursts out of the victim's chest. They then grow quickly to 8 feet and devour several crewmembers.

Blather

... the majority of all golfers know that the Masters is the first major of the season ... ]
    You mean some are contending it's the second or third major of the season? Self-editing is the greatest editing.

Edgey
    Too bad the R & A didn't have the balls to tell the PGA to stuff it when they captulated to the Yanks and agreed to play the big ball. When I was fairly wee, my Da took me to play at Gleneagles with the local caddies, priceless human beings they were, and I could hit that little ball a good bit farther. Anybody old enough to remember when the Brit golf ball was smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts
    You mean some are contending it's the second or third major of the season? Self-editing is the greatest editing.
    We've been needing another grammar and composition nazi to step in and take up the slack since dorkman has died. Maybe we'll let you fill the job. Please submit a resume at phuckyou@monster.com.

If you like The Masters, watch it and enjoy it.....otherwise try to outsmart the tv-don't watch, and you can simply wait until.........whatever. REPEAT, If you don't like to watch The Masters, try and be smarter than the tv-don't turn it on. This is a test for the 'lessers'.

Oops sorry Loren and Poe, didn't mean you guys. Hit'em straight-if not, drink more afterwards.

Meh. Screw the Masters.

I was sitting here tonight watching my OKC Thunder win another game in OT when a commercial came on advertising the Masters. It was so beautiful . . . . . . I wept.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Too bad the R & A didn't have the balls to tell the PGA to stuff it when they captulated to the Yanks and agreed to play the big ball. When I was fairly wee, my Da took me to play at Gleneagles with the local caddies, priceless human beings they were, and I could hit that little ball a good bit farther. Anybody old enough to remember when the Brit golf ball was smaller?
    I remember the small UK ball. I never understood why the R&A adopted the US ball. Then again i never understood why the R&A caved in and banned spring face drivers.

Edgey

I remember the small UK ball. I never understood why the R&A adopted the US ball. Then again i never understood why the R&A caved in and banned spring face drivers.

Edgey
    I can remember the small balls when I was a kid. They certainly went a long way and had a completely different feel. I think they were probably a bit harder to control, even accounting for that I sukt back then.

I can remember the small balls when I was a kid. They certainly went a long way and had a completely different feel. I think they were probably a bit harder to control, even accounting for that I sukt back then.
    Did they finally drop when you turned 18?

Did they finally drop when you turned 18?
    Hahahahahaha! Excellent.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

As the world's capitalist private enterprise driven economies falter, the Masters Tournament's salvation will come when the members are forced to offer the course and all rights associated for sale and Donald Trump buys it. He'll rip out the fooking azaleas and bring in 1,000 Mexicans to re-landscape the place. He'll install a waterfall behind 12 and 16 greens. He'll buy adjoining parcels and build a couple of high-rise retail/hotel/residential condo buildings. He'll sell club memberships for a mil a pop and cap the membership around 1,500, half of whom will buy one of the residential condo apartments that are within golf cart range of the course. No more $1,50 pimento cheese sandwiches. No more ridiculous freaking tree in the 17th fairway. No more Nantz. No more smaltzy freaking intro music.

I thought I'd figure out my picks for the top 5 Masters players by first eliminating the people that I think have no chance to win. So here are my picks for players I'm certain won't win.
    Sergio Garcia
    Larry Mize
    Greg Norman
    Jose Maria Awfulgobble
    Bernhard Langer
    Ian Woosman
    Ernie Els
    Vijay
    Ben Crenshaw

That's all for now

I think the greatest Masters ever was in 1986. Anyone disagree with me?

Hahahahahaha! Excellent.
    Yeah, I guess I left myself open to that one.

I think the greatest Masters ever was in 1986. Anyone disagree with me?
    So you think watching a fat geriatric slip past a couple of chokers is a big deal? The Masters is far more memorable for it's losers than winners. Watching Norman get harpooned in 1987 and stomped in 1996 were more exciting. But if I had to single one out it would be watching fat POS Kenny Perry choke his arse off down the stretch to ensure he finishes his career as Keny 'no majors' Perry.

So you think watching a fat geriatric slip past a couple of chokers is a big deal? The Masters is far more memorable for it's losers than winners. Watching Norman get harpooned in 1987 and stomped in 1996 were more exciting. But if I had to single one out it would be watching fat POS Kenny Perry choke his arse off down the stretch to ensure he finishes his career as Keny 'no majors' Perry.
    He shot a 30 on the back side so it wasn't just people choking around him.

He shot a 30 on the back side so it wasn't just people choking around him.
    Norman handed him the jacket with his choke job on 18. A good player would have made sure of the par then dusted off the fat old has been in a play off.

Norman handed him the jacket with his choke job on 18. A good player would have made sure of the par then dusted off the fat old has been in a play off.
    I love the Masters but am willing to admit trolling any sacred cow is just too much fun to pass up.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I love the Masters but am willing to admit trolling any sacred cow is just too much fun to pass up.
    I resemble this remark.

If people don't want to watch they can choose not to........their loss. Me? Every year it ends I hope to myself that I can be here to watch it the next year. Golf is the only honest sport-look at how the roundmouth NCAA caters to the cheating east coast schools in every sport, and how the NBA lets the lakers get rip-off trades (pau gasol) and the ny yankees get every call (lakers too) in crunch time of every important game.....FOLKS EVERY pro sport is rigged any more-except for the PGA. I'm looking for the non-racist young guys coming up enjoying competing against each other rather than them acting like immature,racist punk-@$$ jerks. The game needs new blood-the 'N' boy tigger is done-just like a good dog he did his job for 'them' and now he's done. Look for Dustin Johnson to dominate in the future-a non-racist, respectful, classy guy....VERY unlike tigger wood. There is stil hope for the game, its etiquette, and the history and respect that every champion before ('n' wood) has shown. Hit'em straight GOLF FANS!

This brings up the topic of how much influence one player can have on your game. There is no question in my mind that Nicklaus influenced the play of the other guys at the top of the leader board. Tiger once possessed the same influence. When Nicklaus got into contention other players would feel the pressure and their games would fall apart. It's as if they are suddenly carrying a weight that didn't exist before.

We've all experienced this in match play competitions where you are going up against one of the best players at the club. Your brain starts talking to you "this is the best player, I have no business beating him". While we'd all like to think that we aren't intimidated by anyone, the truth is that when confronted by someone who has achieved so much, we start doubting our own abilities. I think Nicklaus was probably the most feared golfer of all time. Once he got in the lead it probably felt like it was next to impossible to stop the inevitable...that he was going to win. Watson overcame this at the 1982 US Open but part of that was luck. His chip at 17 went in and if it had not it would have been 10 feet past the hole. Luck can overcome the intimidation but I don't think anything else can.

This brings up the topic of how much influence one player can have on your game. There is no question in my mind that Nicklaus influenced the play of the other guys at the top of the leader board. Tiger once possessed the same influence. When Nicklaus got into contention other players would feel the pressure and their games would fall apart. It's as if they are suddenly carrying a weight that didn't exist before.

We've all experienced this in match play competitions where you are going up against one of the best players at the club. Your brain starts talking to you "this is the best player, I have no business beating him". While we'd all like to think that we aren't intimidated by anyone, the truth is that when confronted by someone who has achieved so much, we start doubting our own abilities. I think Nicklaus was probably the most feared golfer of all time. Once he got in the lead it probably felt like it was next to impossible to stop the inevitable...that he was going to win. Watson overcame this at the 1982 US Open but part of that was luck. His chip at 17 went in and if it had not it would have been 10 feet past the hole. Luck can overcome the intimidation but I don't think anything else can.
    Just goes to show the magic of GFF once again. During his match with you Noshuz must have been thinking "this is the best ballstriker the world has ever seen, I have no business beating him".

Yet the pure magic feedback and feel of his GFF irons gave him the confidence to finely groove his swing enabling him to stripe his hybrids in close for birdie tap ins. Armed with harsh, rock hard Ping Paddles you really never stood a chance.

You really should make the switch to GFF to enhance your greatness. If you played GFF you would be undefeated in GR Matchplay.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

This thread reminds me why I no longer participate on this board. It brought out the worst in me, and I am not proud of a lot of the trolling and flaming I did. It's not characteristic of me in real life.

Apologies to many, and cheers to everybody, as I ride off into the sunset of more productive and interesting activities.

I'll continue to monitor the threads from time to time, but don't expect much in the way of participation in the future. I know some might take this as an invitation to flame me, to try to get me to response and jump back into the mud, but it will be to no avail.

P.S. I also disabled my p-mail account, to foil the new avenue spammers now frequently use on GR.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    This thread reminds me why I no longer participate on this board. It brought out the worst in me, and I am not proud of a lot of the trolling and flaming I did. It's not characteristic of me in real life.

Apologies to many, and cheers to everybody, as I ride off into the sunset of more productive and interesting activities.

I'll continue to monitor the threads from time to time, but don't expect much in the way of participation in the future. I know some might take this as an invitation to flame me, to try to get me to response and jump back into the mud, but it will be to no avail.

P.S. I also disabled my p-mail account, to foil the new avenue spammers now frequently use on GR.
    Hey! D-Man!! Welcome back, Kotter! I didn't read your post. You got a little long winded there, but welcome back, nonetheless! You have been missed.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

DM, you are suppose to be dead. Your sudden appearance on this forum has frightened me. Maybe you really didn't die, according to your latest post it appears that maybe you have found religion and are born again. As Delmar said in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou," "C'mon in boys, the water is fine!"

OK, here are the 4 players I have laid money on for shots to win the Masters this week:

Nick Watney +1700
    Bubba Watson +4600
    Rickie Fowler +7000
    Kevin Na +37500 (Dark Horse)

If this is a plea to stop us mentioning your $600 wedge, it will fall on deaf ears. If you want to survive around here you need to harden the fuk up ya big sook.

P.S. I'm not surprised you're not proud of the trolling and flaming you did. It was fukking lame.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 04-04-2011 at 05:02 AM.

I didn't even consider the possibility that he could take things even more seriously.

Well it is a farewell post without the accramony, but a farewell post just the same. It's a pity you have chosen to leave us Dorkman; you will be be missed. By me at least. I have enjoyed your contribution and your extensive equipment knowledge.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Well it is a farewell post without the accramony, but a farewell post just the same. It's a pity you have chosen to leave us Dorkman; you will be be missed. By me at least. I have enjoyed your contribution and your extensive equipment knowledge.
    Since Dorkman is gone I will step up to board spelling Nazi and inform you that it is spelled acrimony, with only one "c" and an "i" not an "a".

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Since Dorkman is gone I will step up to board spelling Nazi and inform you that it is spelled acrimony, with only one "c" and an "i" not an "a".
    Thanks Kiwi. Well done and I accept the admonition.
    I think this new string to your bow should become an official GR appointment. GR's new spelling and grammer nazi. I officially nominate you. Perhaps we need a poll to find out if there are other contenders for the position.
    I think you should set it up.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I think this new string to your bow should become an official GR appointment. GR's new spelling and grammer nazi. I officially nominate you. Perhaps we need a poll to find out if there are other contenders for the position.
    Hey ... Hey ... Hey ... Whoa ... wait a minute!

I was just stepping up to temporarily fill the breach in Dorkman's absence. No way I'm taking on that role full time. Next thing you'll be expecting me to buy $600 wedges and $4,000 Nakashima drivers.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I was just stepping up to temporarily fill the breach in Dorkman's absence. No way I'm taking on that role full time. Next thing you'll be expecting me to buy $600 wedges and $4,000 Nakashima drivers.
    No, quite the contrary. I think you would be an excellent appointment. You have the all the skills required plus a good education, with excellent literacy and eloquence. (for a Kiwi.)
    I aleady have a Nakashima NP1 with a genuine Voodoo in it if you want to give it a run.

Whoever fills in for Dorkman will have to accept being dead while on vacation.

No, quite the contrary. I think you would be an excellent appointment. You have the all the skills required plus a good education, with excellent literacy and eloquence. (for a Kiwi.)
    I aleady have a Nakashima NP1 with a genuine Voodoo in it if you want to give it a run.
    What's the Nakashima driver like?

I was thinking of trying the Nickent Driver this time around. How do the two compare?

Now where the f#ck am I?

What's the Nakashima driver like?

I was thinking of trying the Nickent Driver this time around. How do the two compare?
    The nickent is quite forgiving with good distance and a muted sound. The Nak is a low spin bomber that is a real mans driver. Feels and sounds great but you better have your swing grooved.

As long as he doesn't spell it the way he speaks it, or nobody will know what the fuk he's saying.

You guys can correct me if you want, but I believe all board positions on this forum have to be appointed by Spank.

SHANE!! Come back!!!!
    "I'm going to end up working in the lumberyard the rest of my life"

In all fairness you have been pretty selective on those Maters winners.

How about some of these schmucks

Angel Cabrera (beating that giant of golf Kenny Perry)
    Trevor Immelman
    Zach Johnson
    Mike Weir
    Mark O'Meara
    Ben Crenshaw
    Sandy Lyle
    Ian Woosnam
    larry Mize

Every Major has its share of oddball winners and the Masters is no exception

Edgey
    To be fair Sandy Lyle was pretty **** hot both as an amateur and a pro. And O'Meara was a top golfer for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy
    To be fair Sandy Lyle was pretty **** hot both as an amateur and a pro. And O'Meara was a top golfer for a while.
    As well as Ben Crenshaw.

As well as Ben Crenshaw.
    Yes agreed. He was quality.

I wasn't really going to offer an opinion but heck I may aswell. I love the Masters and I still love it taking on board all the comments about it being hekld on the same course and being invitational.

Is it my favourite Major? No, The Open Championship is but I am English and have been brought up wanting to play in the Open Championship above all else.

My rankings would be:

1. The Open
    2. The Masters
    3. The US Open
    4. The PGA

I do however think that a 5th major in Asia or Australia would be great for the overall game of Golf.

You guys can correct me if you want, but I believe all board positions on this forum have to be appointed by Spank.
    With the exception of "biggest arsehole" which you have covered since your first post here i agree.

That is all

With the exception of "biggest arsehole" which you have covered since your first post here i agree.

That is all
    You are just trying to get on my good side now, Edgey. I wear the title, "Biggest Arsehole" with honor.

OK, here are the 4 players I have laid money on for shots to win the Masters this week:

Nick Watney +1700
    Bubba Watson +4600
    Rickie Fowler +7000
    Kevin Na +37500 (Dark Horse)
    The first two are excellent choices but I don't know about Rickie Fowler. I think Phil Mickelson's going to win it and I'd go with Watney second and then Bubba Watson. Tiger Woods would be my 4th pick.

The first two are excellent choices but I don't know about Rickie Fowler. I think Phil Mickelson's going to win it and I'd go with Watney second and then Bubba Watson. Tiger Woods would be my 4th pick.
    I picked all four because of their success on the greens and also hitting greens in regulation. Personally, I think it is going to be a very wide open tournament this year. Like Lorenzo said in another post, it could very well be an unknown who wins it this year. I know that whoever wins it will have to be able to putt well on those greens.

It was only a nomination!
    This important position on this board has to be filled. So who would you nominate?

It was only a nomination!
    This important position on this board has to be filled. So who would you nominate?
    I bow to the wisdom of the great one known as Spanqdoggie. Whomever he chooses will definitely be the right choice and it shall not be disputed.

HE LIVES!!!

What are you talking about... this board brought out the worst in you? I guess it must be sinful to drop the real world "Mr. Serious" for a few hours and have some fun. Try and convince any of us that arguing pointlessly on the internet isn't fun. It's hella fun, that's why we do it.

Sure, it's not characteristic of you in real life - it's probably not characteristic of most members on GR IRL either. THIS IS GR. This is where you throw common etiquette to the wind and get your rant on. This is where we troll and expect to be trolled, where we argue and debate, where we both win some and lose some. We call each other names, insult one another, ridicule each other... but at the end of the day we're still pretty much all friends in spite of all our differences.

I mean, let's say I'm out playing and I run into Larry out on the course. For damned sure I'd be giving a shout out to a GR homie and even buying him a beer. That's how most of us roll... we may seem like assh0les on GR but IRL we're really just a bunch of considerate and friendly gentlemen for the most part. Except for qtong.

Face it dorkman53, you are ONE OF US. You can run away from GR, but in the end the one thing you'll never be able to run away from is the fact that you will always BELONG here.

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    HE LIVES!!!

What are you talking about... this board brought out the worst in you? I guess it must be sinful to drop the real world "Mr. Serious" for a few hours and have some fun. Try and convince any of us that arguing pointlessly on the internet isn't fun. It's hella fun, that's why we do it.

Sure, it's not characteristic of you in real life - it's probably not characteristic of most members on GR IRL either. THIS IS GR. This is where you throw common etiquette to the wind and get your rant on. This is where we troll and expect to be trolled, where we argue and debate, where we both win some and lose some. We call each other names, insult one another, ridicule each other... but at the end of the day we're still pretty much all friends in spite of all our differences.

I mean, let's say I'm out playing and I run into Larry out on the course. For damned sure I'd be giving a shout out to a GR homie and even buying him a beer. That's how most of us roll... we may seem like assh0les on GR but IRL we're really just a bunch of considerate and friendly gentlemen for the most part. Except for qtong.

Face it dorkman53, you are ONE OF US. You can run away from GR, but in the end the one thing you'll never be able to run away from is the fact that you will always BELONG here.

FON
    This is a very good point. Qdong is the only one that has truly been proven to be an arsehole outside of the posting forum. Maybe for DM assholism was starting to creep in on his real life persona. Then again, in real life, he could be the Smoking Man and we all might be his alien hybrid children.

Now that I have left every one wondering what the hell I am talking about, I bid you a good night.

This is a very good point. Qdong is the only one that has truly been proven to be an arsehole outside of the posting forum. Maybe for DM assholism was starting to creep in on his real life persona. Then again, in real life, he could be the Smoking Man and we all might be his alien hybrid children.

Now that I have left every one wondering what the hell I am talking about, I bid you a good night.

Sounds like an X Files fan.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    HE LIVES!!!

FON
    Nice try at diplomacy FON, but DM is right on this. He really is a jerk off who should be ashamed of himself on this forum. And nobody likes him or cares if he comes here telling us about his latest $600 wedge or not.

I have picked Phil as a special this week, but if I had to throw out another name it's Westwood. I have a feeling this week might be the week he finally put's it otgether in a major. He has been in contention at Augusta before, and I think this tournmament suits him the most. aving said that, for him to win Phil has to be below his best, cause if Phil is in for the only player with enough game to beat him is Tiger, but Tiger of a few years ago, not the pale imitation we see these days.

Agree about Lyle, he was an unfullfilled talent. The guys I know who were pros back in the 80s and 90s and have seen them all on the range from that era say Lyle hit them better than anyone. O'Meara was a good regular tour player who hit a purple patch when he found a couple of majors with greens a bit slower, but not really a great player like Lyle.

Yes agreed. He was quality.

I wasn't really going to offer an opinion but heck I may aswell. I love the Masters and I still love it taking on board all the comments about it being hekld on the same course and being invitational.

Is it my favourite Major? No, The Open Championship is but I am English and have been brought up wanting to play in the Open Championship above all else.

My rankings would be:

1. The Open
    2. The Masters
    3. The US Open
    4. The PGA

I do however think that a 5th major in Asia or Australia would be great for the overall game of Golf.
    There is only one tournament where the winner is introduced as "the champion golfer of the year". Says it all. I bet Hootie and his pals wish they had have come up with that line. "The Masters champion" just doesn't say it quite as well.

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
    Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about
    Well, the names are the same since you hung around
    But those dreams have remained and they've turned around

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
    Back here where we need ya (back here where we need ya)
    Yeah, we tease him a lot 'cause of the Scratch wedges that he'd bought
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

Welcome back, we always could spot a friend
    Welcome back, and I smile when I think how you must have been
    And I know what a scene you were learning in
    Was there something that made you come back again

And what could ever lead ya (what could ever lead ya)...

Yeah, we tease him a lot (welcome back, welcome back)
    'Cause we've got him on the spot (welcome back, welcome back)
    Yeah, we tease him a lot 'cause we've got him on the spot
    Welcome back

Tiger won't make a top 10 list with his current skills

Tiger Woods will win The Masters. There is something in the air and I can feel it. Everything is coming together at the right time. I can't believe I didn't see this before. I am absolutely sure that Tiger will win the Masters.

Tiger Woods will win The Masters. There is something in the air and I can feel it. Everything is coming together at the right time. I can't believe I didn't see this before. I am absolutely sure that Tiger will win the Masters.
    No way, the Gods are exacting revenge on him acting the way he did when he was on top. He will eventually put on a ton of weight and resemble a big butt hole because he is one. Go field!

The only thing you are feeling is gas.

I know the reason you have had this sudden swing towards Tiger. It's the fact he plays blades isn't it. That is the one reason I still think he has a chance to pull out his A game and lay it over all those shovel toting sod laying choppers. If he played GFF instead of POS Nike's this would be a certainty.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I know the reason you have had this sudden swing towards Tiger. It's the fact he plays blades isn't it. That is the one reason I still think he has a chance to pull out his A game and lay it over all those shovel toting sod laying choppers. If he played GFF instead of POS Nike's this would be a certainty.
    It has nothing to do with the blades. I think it has more to do with sun dots and everything else lining up correctly. I can just feel it. Tiger will win the Masters.

It has nothing to do with the blades. I think it has more to do with sun dots and everything else lining up correctly. I can just feel it. Tiger will win the Masters.
    Those would be sun spots. You will be there. You already feel it. You know what's going to happen. Tiger Woods M/C.

Mickelson was just asked who is the best golfer in the world right now. He said there are half a dozen golfers playing really well and could be number one. Later, Eldrick was asked the same thing. Eldrick said "Well, I'm playing pretty well right now.

Most will laugh off Eldick on this and chalk it up to either a geared up mental approach or a huge sense of entitlement.. Some will swallow it hook, line, sinker, rod and boat.

Thread Information