|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

You Can Probably Guess Who Wrote This Review

I should first note that I'm better than scratch. Read on because you're hearing a review here from one of the most solid ball strikers out there. I took these to the range and went through my standard routine. I hit a few 110 yard darts with the PW and then went all the way up to the 3 iron. I was hitting the 200 yard sign by the end of my session. Needless to say I'm good; however, these irons will make me even better and unstoppable in the CC championship. Yes, I belong to a country club. I'm good and lucky. If you can't break 80 don't bother with these sticks. They are too good for you.

Someone who owns Pings?
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

Just one of many modest, balanced and insightful reviews by the same author who was writing them for years before he decided to grace our illustrious forum.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Foxtrot Delta.

The clubs are Wilson Staff Fi5.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts
    The clubs are Wilson Staff Fi5.
    I think it captures all of the critical elements of a solid review. The player introduces himself and provides an indication of his playing ability, he's descriptive of how the clubs performed and then he follows it all up with some friendly advice. Bravo I say.

He's clearly a short knocker whoever he is. 200 yards with a 3 iron?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    ... The player introduces himself ...

Well, since the guy's anxious to boast that he belongs to a CC, he should probably spring for these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-NEW-Ping-Ey...item3366553621

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Kiwi, thank goodness I play Pings. With Mizuno I'd only get 175.

Well, since the guy's anxious to boast that he belongs to a CC, he should probably spring for these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-NEW-Ping-Ey...item3366553621
    That's a bit over the top. If you unwrapped and hit them they would be worth about $400 tops. They wouldn't play any differently then a set that had played 1000 rounds as these clubs never wear out.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    That's a bit over the top. If you unwrapped and hit them they would be worth about $400 tops. They wouldn't play any differently then a set that had played 1000 rounds as these clubs never wear out.
    That's a reasonable price. The SW alone is worth about $2,500 isn't it?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

I have to agree with this assessment. You're not a real "player" until you can hit a 6 iron or less 200+ yards.

I speak from experience. I accidentally hit my "lay-up" 5-iron 270yds one day. Nearly drove the green on the tight par 4 6th hole on my home course. I was about 5 yards left of the green, pin-high down in the gully, past the front left bunker. Got up and down for birdie too.

No Ping clubs were involved in the amazing feat. Taylormade Burner Supersteel 5 iron and Spalding garbage wedges. Fazer Tour Touch II putter drained the 10-footer for bird.

Also almost aced the 193 yard par 3 13th at my home course with a 6 iron (again with the Taylormade Burner Supersteel) with a bounce off the stick to about 6" during our money rang game. Just lipped it out. It was a helluva shot. Made the bird.

I have yet to hit a shot of such awesome quality with the rac MB TP's, but it will happen, no doubt. I almost aced the the par 3 153 yard severely uphill 7th hole at my home course twice in the same day with the racs. Both 8 iron shots landed a few inches from the cup and settled into the 6-8 foot range for what were both easy birdies.

It is quite possible to hit spectacular golf shots and post amazing scores without the assistance of any Ping equipment whatsoever.

Taylormade TP FTW.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

If you go back far enugh you will find a review from a 'Jimmy' who was the original. FD is either Jimmy or copied his style. I'll try and find the review.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Yep that's our boy alright. There is no mistaking FD's reviewing style.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Yep that's our boy alright. There is no mistaking FD's reviewing style.
    So are you saying FD is Jimmy or a Jimmy wannabe?

So are you saying FD is Jimmy or a Jimmy wannabe?
    Yeah it's definately FD. He even replied to negative comments in favour of Jimmy. FD would never accept someone else stepping on his toes with that reviewing style.

18. Quote Originally Posted by 24putts
    I should first note that I'm better than scratch. Read on because you're hearing a review here from one of the most solid ball strikers out there. I took these to the range and went through my standard routine. I hit a few 110 yard darts with the PW and then went all the way up to the 3 iron. I was hitting the 200 yard sign by the end of my session. Needless to say I'm good; however, these irons will make me even better and unstoppable in the CC championship. Yes, I belong to a country club. I'm good and lucky. If you can't break 80 don't bother with these sticks. They are too good for you.

Im taking a class in translating BULL S£IT, What this review really says is, I am awsome, i hit it better than everyone i know, my swing is envied by all! If you cant break 80 your not a golfer at all!! I am a member of a CC are you jealous?? Did i mention i am awsome!!!

Does that sound about right?

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Kiwi, thank goodness I play Pings. With Mizuno I'd only get 175.
    Thats an easy 6 iron for Larry. Of course in the middle of the fairway, or on the green.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

That is an amazing review! If that is FD then hats off to him because I love it. I really want to start posting reviews akin to this one.

Tremendous review! Love it.

Yeah it's definately FD. He even replied to negative comments in favour of Jimmy. FD would never accept someone else stepping on his toes with that reviewing style.
    This is an interesting one because that definitely looks like my type of review but I don't ever remember using the name jimmy for a review. I'm not sure how I would do that either. I don't have any aliases on this forum and that is the absolute truth. If I did write that review I certainly didn't try to make it look like it was anyone other than FD.

FD is confused. FD doesn't actually like the G10 irons so now he is more confused. By the way, did you notice that NAH had reviewed the same irons? Maybe that's what's behind the mystery.

This is an interesting one because that definitely looks like my type of review but I don't ever remember using the name jimmy for a review. I'm not sure how I would do that either. I don't have any aliases on this forum and that is the absolute truth. If I did write that review I certainly didn't try to make it look like it was anyone other than FD.

FD is confused. FD doesn't actually like the G10 irons so now he is more confused. By the way, did you notice that NAH had reviewed the same irons? Maybe that's what's behind the mystery.
    Well FD if it is you then I doff my cap! I love it. I had to leave one for callaway x forged wedges in the same vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy
    Well FD if it is you then I doff my cap! I love it. I had to leave one for callaway x forged wedges in the same vain.
    Thank you Pottsy. If you think about it, reviewing a golf club is pretty silly in the first place. What works for one person could be horrible for another person. I just try to make mine funny.

Thank you Pottsy. If you think about it, reviewing a golf club is pretty silly in the first place. What works for one person could be horrible for another person. I just try to make mine funny.
    Yeah I totally plaigerised the style of your review in my review on X forged wedges but I don't feel bad as it really suits me anyway haha :-) love the arrogance!!

Whatever you say.......Jimmy.

Here's a review of the Ping Zing irons that has me tempted to go down to Golfmart and purchase a used set at $179 for 3-LW with KT-M shafts. This may be just what I need to beat Big Dave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ping zing review.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	2662  

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    I have to agree with this assessment. You're not a real "player" until you can hit a 6 iron or less 200+ yards.

I speak from experience. I accidentally hit my "lay-up" 5-iron 270yds one day. Nearly drove the green on the tight par 4 6th hole on my home course. I was about 5 yards left of the green, pin-high down in the gully, past the front left bunker. Got up and down for birdie too.

No Ping clubs were involved in the amazing feat. Taylormade Burner Supersteel 5 iron and Spalding garbage wedges. Fazer Tour Touch II putter drained the 10-footer for bird.

Also almost aced the 193 yard par 3 13th at my home course with a 6 iron (again with the Taylormade Burner Supersteel) with a bounce off the stick to about 6" during our money rang game. Just lipped it out. It was a helluva shot. Made the bird.

I have yet to hit a shot of such awesome quality with the rac MB TP's, but it will happen, no doubt. I almost aced the the par 3 153 yard severely uphill 7th hole at my home course twice in the same day with the racs. Both 8 iron shots landed a few inches from the cup and settled into the 6-8 foot range for what were both easy birdies.

It is quite possible to hit spectacular golf shots and post amazing scores without the assistance of any Ping equipment whatsoever.

Taylormade TP FTW.

FON
    Wow, you must be driving the green on par 5's then-when you hit driver, right? You're awesome..............

Two peas in a pod, sounds like. Lotsa boasting............

OP, I don't normally get pissed on this forum but you are basically implying that I'm lying about having an alias. I've never had an alias on this discussion forum. I may have posted a club review in another name, which I don't recall doing to be honest, but I don't have any friggin alias and I've never posted on this forum with one. Maybe you find that so hard to believe because you have an alias?

OP, I don't normally get pissed on this forum but you are basically implying that I'm lying about having an alias. I've never had an alias on this discussion forum. I may have posted a club review in another name, which I don't recall doing to be honest, but I don't have any friggin alias and I've never posted on this forum with one. Maybe you find that so hard to believe because you have an alias?
    OP isn't accusing you of posting on this Forum using an alias. He's just suggesting that you posted that review under the name 'Jimmy'. You yourself admit you may have posted reviews under other names. Reading the review it definitely comes across like classic FD. If it's not you then 'Jimmy' is your kindred spirit out there somewhere.

Now where the f#ck am I?

270 yard 5 iron is a little stretch of the imagination for me. My go to club for 190 is a 5 iron. I guess I'm not a long knocker. I've seen Tiger hit those low stingers, in his earlier days 2 or 3 irons 240 maybe 260. I've probably hit my 6 iron 195 with the wind behind me a bit on a 180 yard par 3 I play quite a few times a year a few minutes from the house, that I've it long on.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

There, there, settle down now Jimmy.

My apologies if I have upset you FD. It was not my intention. I suppose when having a little fun one can overstep the mark. I am the same as you and have never had an alias on this forum as my posts are usually just the boring, factual type of stuf that interests me. Usually equipment related. I don't see the need to masquerade as anyone else. Anyway I would never question your integrity and again apologise if that is what I did.

My apologies if I have upset you FD. It was not my intention. I suppose when having a little fun one can overstep the mark. I am the same as you and have never had an alias on this forum as my posts are usually just the boring, factual type of stuf that interests me. Usually equipment related. I don't see the need to masquerade as anyone else. Anyway I would never question your integrity and again apologise if that is what I did.
    Me either.

No apologies needed. It wasn't so much a matter of being pissed but more of the idea that I was being accused of something that I haven't done. I just didn't want to lose my one club ho' buddy on the forum.

No apologies needed. It wasn't so much a matter of being pissed but more of the idea that I was being accused of something that I haven't done. I just didn't want to lose my one club ho' buddy on the forum.
    This isn't the kind of happy ending I prefer.

Ping-a-licious

Quote Originally Posted by huskyhater
    Wow, you must be driving the green on par 5's then-when you hit driver, right? You're awesome..............

You must be playing par 5's in the 350yd range. Time to step up your game and leave the pitch n' putt behind, junior.

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    270 yard 5 iron is a little stretch of the imagination for me. My go to club for 190 is a 5 iron. I guess I'm not a long knocker. I've seen Tiger hit those low stingers, in his earlier days 2 or 3 irons 240 maybe 260. I've probably hit my 6 iron 195 with the wind behind me a bit on a 180 yard par 3 I play quite a few times a year a few minutes from the house, that I've it long on.
    I normally hit my 5 iron around 220. I can't help it if it makes people's testicles feel somewhat smaller at the thought of that. Like I said, it was accidental. It's a 30 foot downhill tee shot, and it was during mid-summer when the course was somewhat hard and dry. I did fly it about 240 though. The long end of the greenside bunker on that hole is 240yds off the tee and I flew over it in the air.

I'm a longer hitter than Tiger. My handle is FreakOfNature for a reason. Welcome to GR.

There are very few people who don't compete on the LDA circuit that are in my league when it comes to distance. Yep, I'm an actual long hitter who also knows how to use a computer and is aware of the internet. Hard to believe, I know.

That doesn't mean I'm some super-awesome player though. I just produce a high clubhead speed (120mph+ driver) and hit the ball long. If that makes you jealous then you need to buy a bigger truck, and put bigger tires on it... add a booming stereo for further emphasis.

FON - Giving average men a reason to compensate.

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Definitely no need to apologise to FD OP. We've seen both of you on camera and I don't think you've got anything to worry about. He don't weigh but a buck o' five. You could fuk FD up.

You must be playing par 5's in the 350yd range. Time to step up your game and leave the pitch n' putt behind, junior.

I normally hit my 5 iron around 220. I can't help it if it makes people's testicles feel somewhat smaller at the thought of that. Like I said, it was accidental. It's a 30 foot downhill tee shot, and it was during mid-summer when the course was somewhat hard and dry. I did fly it about 240 though. The long end of the greenside bunker on that hole is 240yds off the tee and I flew over it in the air.

I'm a longer hitter than Tiger. My handle is FreakOfNature for a reason. Welcome to GR.

There are very few people who don't compete on the LDA circuit that are in my league when it comes to distance. Yep, I'm an actual long hitter who also knows how to use a computer and is aware of the internet. Hard to believe, I know.

That doesn't mean I'm some super-awesome player though. I just produce a high clubhead speed (120mph+ driver) and hit the ball long. If that makes you jealous then you need to buy a bigger truck, and put bigger tires on it... add a booming stereo for further emphasis.

FON - Giving average men a reason to compensate.
    I have a near mint r580xd with a mas 2 stiff shaft, if your interested. I have a collection of split balls in the backyard. I know how they get that way.

Definitely no need to apologise to FD OP. We've seen both of you on camera and I don't think you've got anything to worry about. He don't weigh but a buck o' five. You could fuk FD up.
    Are you kidding me? I'd put him in the FD death grip in 1/2 a second.

Are you kidding me? I'd put him in the FD death grip in 1/2 a second.
    How does that differ from te Vulcan death grip, or the lesser known Tongan death grip made famous by Haku/Meng?

How does that differ from te Vulcan death grip, or the lesser known Tongan death grip made famous by Haku/Meng?

The only thing comparable to the Tongan Death Grip is the Mandible Claw, applied with a nice and sweaty Mr. Socko.

Painful, and also vomit inducing.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

The only thing comparable to the Tongan Death Grip is the Mandible Claw, applied with a nice and sweaty Mr. Socko.

Painful, and also vomit inducing.

FON
    I vaguely recall a german wrestler back in the 70s with some sort of claw applied to the top of the head. Is that similar to the mandible claw? Although I'm sure eveyone's favourite 'claw' is the chinese kaos agent 'the craw' from Get Smart.

I vaguely recall a german wrestler back in the 70s with some sort of claw applied to the top of the head. Is that similar to the mandible claw? Although I'm sure eveyone's favourite 'claw' is the chinese kaos agent 'the craw' from Get Smart.
    "Look 99, it's the craw." "Not craw, craw!!!" I manage to piss of my other reciting this gag about once a week.

I believe you're referring to Killer Karl Krupp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Karl_Krupp

Wiki lists his move as "The Eye Claw", but I'd only ever heard of it referred to as "The Claw".

The Mandible Claw was Mick Foley's move (aka Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love), where he would stuff the two fingers between the index and pinky into the mouth of his opponent and press down under their tongue. Surely you remember that move - and then the Mr. Socko variation where he pulled a sweat sock puppet out of his jock and put it on his hand before delivering the Mandible Claw. Probably the most disgusting wrestling move of all time, although the "Pit Stop" (armpit to the face) that the Nasty Boyz used to do is right up there too.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I believe you're referring to Killer Karl Krupp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Karl_Krupp

Wiki lists his move as "The Eye Claw", but I'd only ever heard of it referred to as "The Claw".

The Mandible Claw was Mick Foley's move (aka Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love), where he would stuff the two fingers between the index and pinky into the mouth of his opponent and press down under their tongue. Surely you remember that move - and then the Mr. Socko variation where he pulled a sweat sock puppet out of his jock and put it on his hand before delivering the Mandible Claw. Probably the most disgusting wrestling move of all time, although the "Pit Stop" (armpit to the face) that the Nasty Boyz used to do is right up there too.

FON
    I do remember Killer Karl Krupp (you think it may be a thinly veiled reference to the Klan?) form his time wrestling in Australia. He was the top heel over here back in the 70s, and I think his finishing move was the 'german claw'. It's all coming back to me now. I remember Mankind and socko, but didn't know the move had a name.

As for disguting finishing moves, neither of the ones you mentioned have anything on Rikishi's 'Stink Face'.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PTHTgUtUlM

I do remember Killer Karl Krupp (you think it may be a thinly veiled reference to the Klan?) form his time wrestling in Australia. He was the top heel over here back in the 70s, and I think his finishing move was the 'german claw'. It's all coming back to me now. I remember Mankind and socko, but didn't know the move had a name.

As for disguting finishing moves, neither of the ones you mentioned have anything on Rikishi's 'Stink Face'.
    I remember watching Big Time Wrestling back in the late 70's. It was in black and white. I remember a guy named Pat Paterson and then there were these two Nazi guys that wore black masks. They always lost.

I can't believe I forgot about the "Stinkface". That takes first place right there. Another nasty move to take would have been Yokozuna's "Banzai Drop" where all 500+ lbs of him would come off the second rope and sit on his opponent. Then he'd just sit his giant ass on them for the pinfall with his balls hanging in their mouth. Yummy. I can imagine that large dudes like Yokozuna and Rikishi likely have some pretty "ripe fruit" if you catch my drift...

On the subject of Killer Karl Krupp - I got to see him a few times at the local arena when he was working for Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling back in the early 80's. AGPW used to also have a one-hour show on local TV every weekend back then, so I saw him on TV quite a bit as well. I remember one time on TV, this old lady in the front row of the crowd was really getting on his case, so once he had his opponent down and had an opportunity, he went out to ringside to confront her. Throttled her by the throat and pushed her back two rows of seats. Thinking about it now, she had to have been a stunt granny, someone who was in on it who they'd planted in the crowd just to get him more heat. It worked... Sounded like a barn full of cows in that place.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I can't believe I forgot about the "Stinkface". That takes first place right there. Another nasty move to take would have been Yokozuna's "Banzai Drop" where all 500+ lbs of him would come off the second rope and sit on his opponent. Then he'd just sit his giant ass on them for the pinfall with his balls hanging in their mouth. Yummy. I can imagine that large dudes like Yokozuna and Rikishi likely have some pretty "ripe fruit" if you catch my drift...

On the subject of Killer Karl Krupp - I got to see him a few times at the local arena when he was working for Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling back in the early 80's. AGPW used to also have a one-hour show on local TV every weekend back then, so I saw him on TV quite a bit as well. I remember one time on TV, this old lady in the front row of the crowd was really getting on his case, so once he had his opponent down and had an opportunity, he went out to ringside to confront her. Throttled her by the throat and pushed her back two rows of seats. Thinking about it now, she had to have been a stunt granny, someone who was in on it who they'd planted in the crowd just to get him more heat. It worked... Sounded like a barn full of cows in that place.

FON
    Definitely worked. That sort of stuff to get the corwd baying for blood was pretty common back in the day. Don't see much of it on TV these days in the big arenas, but attacking 'crowd members' was a heel's bread and butter back in the smaller venue days of the 70s and 80s (and no doubt before).

If you guys have seen the movie, "The Wrestler," you would be seeing a pretty accurate depiction of how it was back in those days for a lot of the wrestlers. Most of them were really tough, but let's face it, they were also pretty stupid.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    If you guys have seen the movie, "The Wrestler," you would be seeing a pretty accurate depiction of how it was back in those days for a lot of the wrestlers. Most of them were really tough, but let's face it, they were also pretty stupid.
    There was a great movie/doco called 'beyond the mat' which painted a brutal picture of the wrestling game and the toll it takes. It's a real warts and all look at the wrestling industry. Part of it focuses on Jake 'the snake' Roberts, who wsa basically a broken down, wsahed up, pain killer addicted bum. I've only watched parts of it but would like ot get hold of it.

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Brett Hart's book, My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling, is an awesome easy read if you want a real, no holds barred, look into professional wrestling and his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist
    Brett Hart's book, My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling, is an awesome easy read if you want a real, no holds barred, look into professional wrestling and his life.
    I've wanted to read that book, however I don't know how far you can trust a Canadian with a bad case of sour grapes.

Thread Information