|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Ping G20 Driver

Ping G20 Driver

FD, you on this yet? Heard of it? Guess its coming this summer. Debut on the tour last week I thought. Is it 5 better than the G15? Claims to be 5 longer than the 15 so there ya go....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    FD, you on this yet? Heard of it? Guess its coming this summer. Debut on the tour last week I thought. Is it 5 better than the G15? Claims to be 5 longer than the 15 so there ya go....
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I didn't realize that Ping was coming out with the G20 driver in summer 2011. I could easily see this driver delivering an extra 5 yards of distance. Ping is the leader in golf club design and has always had cutting edge technology. They put companies like Mizuno to shame. Has Mizuno ever produced a quality driver? I think not.

This is indeed exciting because it means that we'll all get a chance to marvel at the new G20 irons, i20 irons, etc. I wish they'd come out with a set of modern day Ping Eye 2 irons with stronger lofts. They'd sell like hotcakes.

Well, gents, that's my take on what some would say is the most exciting news since Wiener showed his Oscar Meyer. I'm off to the links, lads. Got a scramble I gotta go see about.

By the way, I played in a scramble last week and came close to winning $50,000. I made the finals in the putting contest. The deal was if you made a hole in one on all 3 holes you win $50,000. The first one was about 15 feet and I made it. The second one was 25 feet and I made it too. the next one was 60 feet and I missed. Still, that would have been amazing. I could have bought a whole bunch of Scratch wedges.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ping g20.jpg 
Views:	7406 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	2692  
    Last edited by famousdavis; 06-13-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

It looks like a cross between a G15 and a K15 bound to hit it longer and straighter than ever. Well worth the £300 price tag.

Name:	ping-g20-driver.jpg 
Views:	7361 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	2693  

Quote Originally Posted by upanddownfromaballwasher View Post
    It looks like a cross between a G15 and a K15 bound to hit it longer and straighter than ever. Well worth the £300 price tag.
    You've got to love the 8.5 degree loft. Clearly a club for the player with distinguished taste.
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    You've got to love the 8.5 degree loft. Clearly a club for the player with distinguished taste.
    Come off it. It is yet again aimed at the 28 handicap hacker that thinks he will overnight be able to split every fairway because he has the newest revolutionary ping driver, which in real terms is nothing more than a k/g15 lovechild with a new paint job.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I didn't realize that Ping was coming out with the G20 driver in summer 2011. I could easily see this driver delivering an extra 5 yards of distance. Ping is the leader in golf club design and has always had cutting edge technology. They put companies like Mizuno to shame. Has Mizuno ever produced a quality driver? I think not.

This is indeed exciting because it means that we'll all get a chance to marvel at the new G20 irons, i20 irons, etc. I wish they'd come out with a set of modern day Ping Eye 2 irons with stronger lofts. They'd sell like hotcakes.

Well, gents, that's my take on what some would say is the most exciting news since Wiener showed his Oscar Meyer. I'm off to the links, lads. Got a scramble I gotta go see about.

By the way, I played in a scramble last week and came close to winning $50,000. I made the finals in the putting contest. The deal was if you made a hole in one on all 3 holes you win $50,000. The first one was about 15 feet and I made it. The second one was 25 feet and I made it too. the next one was 60 feet and I missed. Still, that would have been amazing. I could have bought a whole bunch of Scratch wedges.
    Has Ping EVER produced a quality set of irons? I think not.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I'm gonna hold out for the Gee45. Then I'm goin' pro.....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Has Ping EVER produced a quality set of irons? I think not.
    Kiwi,

The Ping Eye 2 is the greatest selling iron of all time and holds its value better than any other iron. The S59, S58 and S56 are all amazing irons. The Ping i5 is a great iron.

I think Mizuno makes good irons too. Not great like Ping but good.

Here are some first pics of the g20 irons. Looks lie a pretty good attempt at a shovel to me.
    http://www.mygolfspy.com/ping-g20-irons-2011/
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    Here are some first pics of the g20 irons. Looks lie a pretty good attempt at a shovel to me.

I was kidding earlier. I'm not excited about these irons at all. To me they look exactly like the Ping G15 only bigger with more useless graphics. I thought Ping hit a home run with the G10 driver. Pefect looking head with a barely noticeable sight line.

Ping is getting pretty bad about coming out with basically the same iron every 3 years. I guess all of the manufacturers are doing the same thing.

Hmmm they look like another quality offering aimed at the better player. I am gonna bet they will be a massive hit on the tour.

I was kidding earlier. I'm not excited about these irons at all. To me they look exactly like the Ping G15 only bigger with more useless graphics. I thought Ping hit a home run with the G10 driver. Pefect looking head with a barely noticeable sight line.

Ping is getting pretty bad about coming out with basically the same iron every 3 years. I guess all of the manufacturers are doing the same thing.
    I would have to agree with you FD. Either they have all run out of ideas or there is nothing left to tweak in terms of performance design in irons and probably drivers as well.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Hmmm they look like another quality offering aimed at the better player. I am gonna bet they will be a massive hit on the tour.
    The G15's have had a lot of love and probably rightly so from your average hacker. Ping has done all of them a favour as the G15's have now dropped a lot in price with this new release.
    BTW I am bagging a G15 driver and am very happy with it. But i certainly won't be looing at the G20. I mean how different ca it be?

Well, the world needs ditch-diggers, too.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

The Ping driver I really like the look of is the Rapture but I'm afraid that if I buy one it will either vanish in my hands at the top of my swing or will jump out the bag and start eating Cadillacs and Subaru's and it won't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    The Ping driver I really like the look of is the Rapture but I'm afraid that if I buy one it will either vanish in my hands at the top of my swing or will jump out the bag and start eating Cadillacs and Subaru's and it won't stop.
    Nice Blondie reference . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post

...don't forget Fab Five Freddie. I have the Rapture V2 9 degree with the blue and grey graphalloy shaft. It's a beautiful driver and feels wonderful but it's not as long as my Callaway Diablo Edge Tour driver with Habanero shaft. That thing is da bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    Nice Blondie reference . . . . . . .
    Thank you. It was an interesting musical era to me. Too much coke all around.

Love some of the comments on that site. And here I was thinking that GR was the only Golf Forum with discerningly good taste in irons (famousdavis notwithstanding). Matt C seems particularly astute:

john June 13, 2011 at 8:43 am

These are like having a ugly girl friend that you wouldn’t want to be seen with.

thespoon June 13, 2011 at 9:18 am

More fat than a Iowa State Fair. The I’s have it.

Matt C June 13, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Same old, just more chunky. Stick with mizuno. I mean at least they still look like golf clubs, even the chunkiest JPX thingies, still look niceish…and they hit it great. Come on, do you want the club to do everything for you, it wont. Less chunky clubs please!

James June 13, 2011 at 2:03 pm

The designer had a day off.

Lank June 13, 2011 at 5:28 pm

They are ugly as, so I’ll wait to see how I hit them on the demo day before trading in my G.10′s – which are also ugly, but the ball flight is a thing of beauty.

NB the curve above the toe is a retro signature of the ZINGS don’t you think.?

They were ugly when launched, but look like an E-Type Jag now!

Ron June 13, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Why does ping keep doing ths insert cheap crap tin, I mean its getting really old now wen r they going to learn, those r so ugly its like they r trying to make em uglier every 2 yrs. its really gtting sickening now. Ill garrentee the i20s will look the same bt with a smaller head.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Love some of the comments on that site. And here I was thinking that GR was the only Golf Forum with discerningly good taste in irons (famousdavis notwithstanding). Matt C seems particularly astute:

john June 13, 2011 at 8:43 am

These are like having a ugly girl friend that you wouldn’t want to be seen with.

thespoon June 13, 2011 at 9:18 am

More fat than a Iowa State Fair. The I’s have it.

Matt C June 13, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Same old, just more chunky. Stick with mizuno. I mean at least they still look like golf clubs, even the chunkiest JPX thingies, still look niceish…and they hit it great. Come on, do you want the club to do everything for you, it wont. Less chunky clubs please!

James June 13, 2011 at 2:03 pm

The designer had a day off.

Lank June 13, 2011 at 5:28 pm

They are ugly as, so I’ll wait to see how I hit them on the demo day before trading in my G.10′s – which are also ugly, but the ball flight is a thing of beauty.

NB the curve above the toe is a retro signature of the ZINGS don’t you think.?

They were ugly when launched, but look like an E-Type Jag now!

Ron June 13, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Why does ping keep doing ths insert cheap crap tin, I mean its getting really old now wen r they going to learn, those r so ugly its like they r trying to make em uglier every 2 yrs. its really gtting sickening now. Ill garrentee the i20s will look the same bt with a smaller head.
    Hey, I'll be the first to admit that the G15 is an ugly club and the G20 looks worse. I don't like the plastic inserts in the cavity. Mizuno's got some ugly irons in the JPX and MX-1000 line. I looked at the JPX pitching wedge and that thing is huge.

Hey, I'll be the first to admit that the G15 is an ugly club and the G20 looks worse. I don't like the plastic inserts in the cavity. Mizuno's got some ugly irons in the JPX and MX-1000 line. I looked at the JPX pitching wedge and that thing is huge.
    It's kind of funny what you get use to. I thought my MP-52s were the best looking clubs there were whenever I first got them because it was the first set of Mizunos I had ever owned. But, after I buying and playing a set of MP-33s and MP-67s, the MP-52s became ugly to me. I didn't shed any tears whenever I sold them two weeks ago.

They look a lot to me like my chinese made Ping knock offs. Just the finish and the look of the metal, these definitely have the chinese look.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

To quote my man Matt:

"Stick with mizuno. I mean at least they still look like golf clubs, even the chunkiest JPX thingies, still look niceish…and they hit it great".

Says it all really.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Those g20 irons are pathetic. Clubs that are so ugly and chunky, I doubt even the hackiest hacks will buy them. What a terrible R&D / marketing plan. Ping has already hit a decent home run by releasing the eye2 XD wedges. They would probably sell 10x as many clubs if they 86ed the g20 line and released a full set eye2 xd irons.

The world has changed in the last 10 years. Companies can't drive consumers to their products anymore, they have to develop products that fit what the consumer is demanding. Its easy to get a pulse on what consumers want by browsing forums and blogs, but these old Baby Boomer jackasssess in senior positions are running their companies in the ground by not paying attention to their consumers...same ole same ole, aint gonna cut it.
    Last edited by The Purist; 06-14-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist View Post
    Those g20 irons are pathetic. Clubs that are so ugly and chunky, I doubt the even the hackiest hacks will buy them. What a terrible R&D / marketing plan. Ping has already hit a decent home run by releasing the eye2 XD wedges. They would probably sell 10x as many clubs if they 86ed the g20 line and released a full set eye2 xd irons.

The world has changed in the last 10 years. Companies can't drive consumers to their products anymore, they have to develop products that fit what the consumer is demanding. Its easy to get a pulse on what consumers want by browsing forums and blogs, but these old Baby Boomer jackasssess in senior positions are running their companies in the ground by not paying attention to their consumers...same ole same ole, aint gonna cut it.

Here's a great pic of the Ping leader at the US Open. All the other manufacturers are probably out playing golf or watching Judge Judy. John Solheim is out there with his men in the thick of it. Real men play Ping.

Name:	solheim.jpg 
Views:	7223 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	2694  
    Last edited by famousdavis; 06-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Here's a great pic of the Ping leader at the US Open. All the other manufacturers are probably out playing golf or watching Judge Judy. John Solheim is out there with his men in the thick of it. Real men play Ping.
    He's starting to get that potato head look about him. Dementia must run strong in that tard family.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information