|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

View Poll Results: Just how good are Nickent Golf Clubs?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are fantastic clubs but the world wasn’t ready for such cutting edge technology

4 66.67%
  • Better than any other brand but the gullible masses couldn’t be lured away from their OEM favourites

1 16.67%
  • Great clubs but the big OEMs mounted an orchestrated campaign to discredit Nickent

0 0%
  • Brilliant clubs whose IP was stolen by the big OEMs and sold at predatory pricing levels

0 0%
  • They were only average clubs but still better than any product offered by Callaway

1 16.67%

Nickent Golf Poll

Please vote on this burning issue.

It is clear that Nickent clubs were at the leading edge of technology. The major OEMs, realising this, and fearing loss of market domination mounted an orchestrated campaign to undermine this innovative and cutting edge company including stealing their adjustable club IP as well as selling this stolen technology at predatory pricing levels in order to drive this threatening newcomer from the marketplace.

Alas the gullible masses, blinded by the big budget marketing strategies of major OEMs did not seize this cutting edge technology when the opportunity presented itself, preferring instead to remain wrapped up in their OEM security blankets.

Please vote with your conscience to clear up this burning issue once and for all.

As you know GR polls are binding so if the poll returns a result that discredits Nickent then I will immediately throw the Nickent driver in the bin when it arrives without even unwrapping it.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 06-27-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    You know what prompted me to look at the 4dx driver? The review section. I scanned the handful of perfect reviews, people seem to give this driver, from a rather obscure company. After buying a fixed shaft version, and a Evolver around the same time, I realised they nailed it. I sold them both, and picked up the cyg version, which was originally priced in the 300-500 dollar range, depending if you bought the 6 shaft or 2 shaft version. The hybrid company, I understand they took a big financial risk trying to compete with the likes of taylormade, titleist, etc.. Which I thought they failed in the interchangable shaft arena, as I bought a Taylormade Limited driver, and was like what a pos. How can you have 3 great shafts, a matrix ozik, a diamana, and a rombax, and they all feel like sh!t. Well Nickent entered bankruptcy court. The top guys were let go. Including John Hoeflich, ex senior director of product marketing, at taylormade 5 years, and 6 years at titleist, and 5 years at tommy armour. He was the genius behind the 4dx driver, and there sucsesfull hybrid line, that was geared toward better players. The fact is, there a bargain due to there obscurity. There nascent into the driver market was ill timed. Shame, cause there products would have exploded in a better financial time. I would like to try there ARC blade iron set as well. Quite possibly the most technology ever packed into an iron, and gorgeous to boot. But there very rare, and I believe a very small number were made, as there numbered sets. Its pretty obvious Hoeflich had the accumulation of several major oem,s knowledge, at least to me, and was on his way to marketing some great ideas. Just my 2 cents
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

It's difficult to compete against Callaway and Taylormade. However, we must remember that it wasn't that long ago that Callaway was a tiny little golf company with hardly anyone playing their products. They were basically a nothing company back in 1990 before the introduction of the Big Bertha. Tayormade didn't have any success until around 1982. Wilson, Spalding, Macgregor, Ram and Slazenger were all big companies who have drifted into obscurity. There is always an opening for a good company with a good product and the market will always respond. As far as Nickent is concerned, you can't blame it on anything other than poor marketing and weak product. Their stuff is ugly and cheap looking. Stupid name as well.
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

Kind of reminds me of the Tucker car. Great and innovative ideas slammed by those uneducated or out for a buck. There are some great people designing clubs who don't get heard of much. John Hoeflich, Steve Almo, and Terry Koehler just to name a few. Kind of surprized that FD is so against Nickent since these people are doing the same thing that his god, Karsten Solheim did which is to try and build a better club.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    Kind of reminds me of the Tucker car. Great and innovative ideas slammed by those uneducated or out for a buck. There are some great people designing clubs who don't get heard of much. John Hoeflich, Steve Almo, and Terry Koehler just to name a few. Kind of surprized that FD is so against Nickent since these people are doing the same thing that his god, Karsten Solheim did which is to try and build a better club.
    I'm not against Nickent at all. I've just never liked the look of their products. I've never tried any of them so I guess you're right in that respect. Where can I try out the 4DX or whatever it's called?
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

Guessing Ebay would be the only spot. Unless you find one in the used section of a golf galaxy or golfsmith and they never seem to turn up there at all.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    I'm not against Nickent at all. I've just never liked the look of their products. I've never tried any of them so I guess you're right in that respect. Where can I try out the 4DX or whatever it's called?
    You should look up this John Hoeflich, he's in the San Diego area, your area? You seem a rather creative thinker and all. Put your heads together, he's obviously got 4-6 good years in him, then you better have plan B or C. He's obviously made millions in the golf industry.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    Guessing Ebay would be the only spot. Unless you find one in the used section of a golf galaxy or golfsmith and they never seem to turn up there at all.
    I'm guessing there will be a 4DX in a dumpster in New Zealand in a couple weeks.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I dont have a strong view on Nickent. They are a cheap irrelevance aimed at the chav end of the golf market. Like all cheap tat they have a place but clearly should never be seen in the bag of anyone serious about the game.

Since there is no "Nickent is fine as cheap tat for pikey losers" option this poll is invalid.
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I believe that I can speak from experience on this subject. I use to have a Nickent driver (forgot the model) and I played a brand new set of these irons below (but my irons were shafted with Nippon 950 shafts) for 6 months that were fitted for me. To make a long story short, I was golfing in the low 90s at the time and they never took 4 strokes off my score.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I believe that I can speak from experience on this subject. I use to have a Nickent driver (forgot the model) and I played a brand new set of these irons below (but my irons were shafted with Nippon 950 shafts) for 6 months that were fitted for me. To make a long story short, I was golfing in the low 90s at the time and they never took 4 strokes off my score.
    Holy crap. Who needs a poll? There is the litmus test right there and Nickent clearly failed dismally.

On the other hand the Ping Eye2s failed this test too so maybe the poll is necessary after all.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Holy crap. Who needs a poll? There is the litmus test right there and Nickent clearly failed dismally.

On the other hand the Ping Eye2s failed this test too so maybe the poll is necessary after all.
    Ping Eye 2s are the holy grail of golf irons. If you were good enough you'd play them. Actually, the reason you aren't good enough is probably because you don't play them.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Ping Eye 2s are the holy grail of golf irons. If you were good enough you'd play them. Actually, the reason you aren't good enough is probably because you don't play them.
    Yeah but they failed in Sooner's hands not mine. This has been well documented previously and that's all I have to say about that.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information