|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The right hand/arm is important for the golf swing I just learned

After reading FD's tutelage of the retards over at the sandtrap, I feel the need to explain something my hacker ass just learned... Actually FD taught it in the 'locked' thread he started...

--> The right hand/arm is important in the golf swing...

I was taught 20 years ago that the golf swing was all about the left hand/arm guiding the club, and that is most important...

Having injured my left elbow a bit slamming into plastic mats after practicing quite a bit, I decided to you tube anything that could train me without the left hand.

I learned that the right hand and arm are important. I cannot believe it! Whomever the instructor was, years ago, that told me the golf swing was all in the left hand; that crap was ingrained into my brain...

My entire adult life I couldn't figure out why I sucked at the golf swing... I was awesome at baseball, handball, you name the sport I tried and I excelled...

How could I be so stupid not to allow my body to swing the club properly, using my right arm also...

So I You tubed and found a lot of right hand drills since I am resting my left arm... I have started doing stuff like this drill below and I am starting to feel it...

I cannot believe I gave money to some retard that ingrained in my beginner mind that the swing was all in the left arm...

Dammit I wasted 15 years of golfing.

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Spank, have you ever checked out any of the golfing machine stuff? Not all the technical mumbo jumbo, just the explanation of hitting versus swinging. Hitting is a right arm controlled motion, swinging more a left arm controlled motion. After i indulged in s&t i became aware of these particular styles, done the right arm only drills etc, tried to learn a hitting pattern. IMO Its a good way to hit the ball, very accurate. Trouble is i'm a natural left hander who plays golf right handed, i just find swinging so much easier to do. When i had my hole in one yesterday i was actually doing a swinging drill before i hit that shot.. Its a drill on youtube by peter croker, think its called 1,2,3. Check out some of the lynn blake clips on youtube to see what i'm rambling about - if you haven't already.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
    Spank, have you ever checked out any of the golfing machine stuff? Not all the technical mumbo jumbo, just the explanation of hitting versus swinging. Hitting is a right arm controlled motion, swinging more a left arm controlled motion. After i indulged in s&t i became aware of these particular styles, done the right arm only drills etc, tried to learn a hitting pattern. IMO Its a good way to hit the ball, very accurate. Trouble is i'm a natural left hander who plays golf right handed, i just find swinging so much easier to do. When i had my hole in one yesterday i was actually doing a swinging drill before i hit that shot.. Its a drill on youtube by peter croker, think its called 1,2,3. Check out some of the lynn blake clips on youtube to see what i'm rambling about - if you haven't already.
    I will check out lynn blake, thanks...

But I am done with the whole left only thing, and that the golf swing is a swing; yes it is a swing but there is a lot of right arm involved instead of none.

A baseball swing is a swing but one won't hit a homerun with just the left arm; the right arm slams it out there...

Sorry, but I am done with the whole left arm thing; to each their own... rambling...

I am now working on creating a divot; I have NEVER created a proper divot in my life, so I am getting lessons from you tube on this, also -->

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

when I do more right hand/arm swing I seem to draw a ball nicely and MAYBE I can hit longer, MAYBE

extension of the right arm through the ball gives extra distance, but the grip you have when you try and adapt it in to your golf swing is massivley important. i have been trying for a few months and had to change my grip twice to stop hitting straight left.

Spank, you might want to try doing a lot of 9:00-3:00 swings for a while. That'll give you a good feeling of how much hands you want in the swing. You can still hit the ball a long way for how short a swing you're making, and it'll keep you from learning bad habits by getting too handsy.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002 View Post
    Spank, you might want to try doing a lot of 9:00-3:00 swings for a while. That'll give you a good feeling of how much hands you want in the swing. You can still hit the ball a long way for how short a swing you're making, and it'll keep you from learning bad habits by getting too handsy.
    What difference does it make? I really doubt that hitting balls before 9:00 would make any difference. This is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002 View Post
    If you are talking 9:00 PM to 3:00 AM, that is a good time to swing. With my libido though, I'm ready to swing at any time. Now, if I can only get my wife to swing with me . . . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    If you are talking 9:00 PM to 3:00 AM, that is a good time to swing. With my libido though, I'm ready to swing at any time. Now, if I can only get my wife to swing with me . . . . . .
    If you do you'll need to grow out your hair and have a big mustache, wear silk shirts unbuttoned with gold chains.

Thread Information