|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

DG spinner shafts

Well I hoed up some TourStage wedges, thanks to eBay. No they didn't cost 600 hundred. But the previous owner installed dg spinner shafts, with iomic grips in lime green. One is a z 52 the other is a z 56 I was thinking they may go nicely with the z101 irons I have, I'm not so sure, as they appear to have nearly as much offset as a ping eye 2 wedge, and there a bit on the large side. Has anyone played the spinner shaft? As I have not, and was wondering what's the benefit of them. Extra spin? Strange looking shaft, as there necked down in size below the grip, then go back to a more normal look.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich View Post
    Well I hoed up some TourStage wedges, thanks to eBay. No they didn't cost 600 hundred. But the previous owner installed dg spinner shafts, with iomic grips in lime green. One is a z 52 the other is a z 56 I was thinking they may go nicely with the z101 irons I have, I'm not so sure, as they appear to have nearly as much offset as a ping eye 2 wedge, and there a bit on the large side. Has anyone played the spinner shaft? As I have not, and was wondering what's the benefit of them. Extra spin? Strange looking shaft, as there necked down in size below the grip, then go back to a more normal look.
    I have rifle spinners in my wedges. They have a softer tip and give more feel and promote more spin around the greens. I am not sure if DG spinners are the same or similar though.

Im not a fan of TT so I havent hit these. They look odd though.

Never hit one but see that they have a discreet bend point in the middle of the shaft. Read on some other forum where a guy put one in his pitching wedge and got 10,000 rpm readings off a launch monitor. Sounds like it might be worth a small bit of cash for some sh*ts & giggles. By the way, this feature is not new. The Nicklaus Crankshafts had a similar feature years ago.

The couple times we could play this winter actually got my MP-T 11 58.10 to stop on those frozen greens quite nicely so went and had my srixon wg706 54.12 and cleveland cg14 50.08 reshafted with them. Of course now we got a foot of snow so will be a few weeks to see if this panned out. If nothing else now all my wedges have the same shaft and same length. All playing 35.25, same as my pw. Thinking a little bit of uniformity could lead to more consistancy.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Played them. HATED them, went back to Rifle Spinners.

The jury is still out, as I only have 9 holes and 50-60 practice balls with them. The day I played with them, the wind was 20-30 mph and gust over 40 mph, and all wedge shots were close. Greens were wet and soft though, not much roll, spun several back, and the others stop now. Looks like I should be able to get out Tuesday.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

After playing with the spinner shafts for a week I am liking them. Seem to be 5 to 10 shorter but the ball stops when it hits the green. I can live with that.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I actually get too much spin so I was wondering if they make an anti-spin shaft? What would that look like. Does the spinner shaft spin the ball more because it's more flexible? I like the wedge I purchased at the used store the other day for $11.99--Callaway X-Tour Oil Can 50 degree. Just enough spin and feels great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

Guessing its the design of the shaft with the narrowing on the shaft about 4 inches from the grip. Works for me.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    I actually get too much spin so I was wondering if they make an anti-spin shaft? What would that look like. Does the spinner shaft spin the ball more because it's more flexible? I like the wedge I purchased at the used store the other day for $11.99--Callaway X-Tour Oil Can 50 degree. Just enough spin and feels great.
    Just put any standard stiff shaft in the wedge.

Easy. If you like your wedges to play less than 36", just get a TT S400 shaft at 37" and tip it two inches.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

The spinner shaft is not for everyone. If you fly your ball to the hole and want it to stop now, it's the shaft. If your the type that uses a wedge for your chips, it might not be a good fit. I use a 8-pw for chipping, mainly a pw, no spinner shaft, so it works for me. A buddy I golf with uses a 60 around the greens, and I don't think it would work for him. What they have done for me, is I'm more accurate inside the 100 yard area, an area I was a little weak in. The necked down area seems to increase the swing weight, which is another plus in a wedge.

So far I have been getting along great with my DG Spinner shafts. I have the shaft in my 52*, 56* and 60* JPX-800 wedges. The shaft's advantage only works on full shots, but it will not hinder your chipping and pitching game in the least.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    So far I have been getting along great with my DG Spinner shafts. I have the shaft in my 52*, 56* and 60* JPX-800 wedges. The shaft's advantage only works on full shots, but it will not hinder your chipping and pitching game in the least.
    I've got a few Spinners records. My favorites are "Cupid" and "Working my way back to you Girl". The "Rubberband Man" was one of my all time favorites.

Could it be I'm falling in love?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I call BS here. Little pitches and even chips stop faster. The harder yo hit the more pronounced, I'll go with that. If your getting runout with this shaft, your wedges suk. I've never seen a easier wedge shaft to load. I will admit, I suk using anything more then a 52 for little pitches and chips. I want pitches and chips normally to release, ain't happening.

Have to agree with sandwich on this. Now that I'm getting the distances of my wedges figured out really enjoy these shafts.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I've got a few Spinners records. My favorites are "Cupid" and "Working my way back to you Girl". The "Rubberband Man" was one of my all time favorites.

This is the kind of bad taste I'd expect from a Ping Eye2 devotee. The greatest Spinners tune is easily "I'll Be Around." "Working My Way Back to You" was originally done by The Four Seasons.

Thread Information