|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Irene Aftermath

Irene Aftermath

Just got back from Pocono, a few pix to share... Shawnee resort CC has 3 nines (Red, White and Blue). 24 holes are in an Island surrounded by creeks which dump water into Delaware river (I think), so heavy downpours could easily flood this beautiful golf course
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	where is the golfcourse.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	2726   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No 1 red green.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	2727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no 2 red.jpg 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	2728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no 8 blue.jpg 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	2729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To island before.jpg 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	2730  

I took these pix on Friday 9/2 before we left... The course was almost ready for play. I think they will reopen this Sat 9/3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	almost done.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	2731   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No 1 red green- ready.jpg 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	2732   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no 2 red ready.jpg 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	2733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	to island.jpg 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	2734  

PK, no offense but after San Diego had a huge downpour the entire course of Riverwalk was under water. This kind of thing happens to golf courses all the time. CNN should be ashamed of themselves. I've never seen so much effort from a news medial organization to try and create something that never happened.

FD, since Shawnee was closed, I played 2 rounds at the Country Club of Pocono which is about 5 miles about. This is a beautiful Fazio-designed golf course , only 6000 yds/142 slope rating, very tight and unforgiving. It's a true mountain golf and it plays more like 6300-6400 because almost all holes are uphill, when we got to #16 hole, we were on top of a mountain, breathtaking view, from there, it's a 250-yd drop from a Tee to a fair way. The sad news is I am told that it may be closed next year because not enough members.
    One day I was teamed up with Christ who works for a golf course somewhere in NJ, he looks like QTong's older brother but has a KJChoi's build. His driver is Titleist 905R Aldila X-stiff shaft. This guy can hit some unbelievable shots. On a 295-yd tight par 4, jungle on the left, woods on the right, green is protected by several sand traps, fairway is no more than 50-yd wide.. I said "Chris, give it your best shot", he pulled out his driver and nailed that sucker with a little draw, it landed on the green and maybe 15 ft for an eagle putt, he missed it but WOW...
    I got home and my 905R/ YS-6+ Rshaft came. First impression: looks good, feel a little bit on a light side (could be a good thing). Will take it to a driving range tomorrow and report later.

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    FD, since Shawnee was closed, I played 2 rounds at the Country Club of Pocono which is about 5 miles about. This is a beautiful Fazio-designed golf course , only 6000 yds/142 slope rating, very tight and unforgiving.
    One day I was teamed up with Christ who works for a golf course somewhere in NJ,
    Yeah, I've been paired with him before. He stands way too long over the ball and knows profanity I've never heard. I'd unwittingly call out his name after hitting a bad shot and he'd come over, which was annoying.

he looks like QTong's older brother but has a KJChoi's build.
    Maintaining one's faith is hard enough, you didn't have to tell them this part. I haven't been to church since realizing this.

His driver is Titleist 905R Aldila X-stiff shaft.
    Not surprising.

This guy can hit some unbelievable shots.
    Not if you have faith.

On a 295-yd tight par 4, jungle on the left, woods on the right, green is protected by several sand traps, fairway is no more than 50-yd wide.. I said "Christ, give it your best shot", he pulled out his driver and nailed that sucker with a little draw, it landed on the green and maybe 15 ft for an eagle putt, he missed it but WOW...
    Can't believe Christ missed a 15 footer for eagle. Doesn't sound like someone you'd want to team with in four-ball.
    GR lives...

FD, since Shawnee was closed, I played 2 rounds at the Country Club of Pocono which is about 5 miles about. This is a beautiful Fazio-designed golf course , only 6000 yds/142 slope rating, very tight and unforgiving. It's a true mountain golf and it plays more like 6300-6400 because almost all holes are uphill, when we got to #16 hole, we were on top of a mountain, breathtaking view, from there, it's a 250-yd drop from a Tee to a fair way. The sad news is I am told that it may be closed next year because not enough members.
    One day I was teamed up with Christ who works for a golf course somewhere in NJ, he looks like QTong's older brother but has a KJChoi's build. His driver is Titleist 905R Aldila X-stiff shaft. This guy can hit some unbelievable shots. On a 295-yd tight par 4, jungle on the left, woods on the right, green is protected by several sand traps, fairway is no more than 50-yd wide.. I said "Chris, give it your best shot", he pulled out his driver and nailed that sucker with a little draw, it landed on the green and maybe 15 ft for an eagle putt, he missed it but WOW...
    I got home and my 905R/ YS-6+ Rshaft came. First impression: looks good, feel a little bit on a light side (could be a good thing). Will take it to a driving range tomorrow and report later.
    R's and light are good things. The lighter it is the faster you can swing it and the farther and straighter it will go. The magic hot-spot on the face is right in the center about one scoring line above its equator. Practice hitting that spot and the ball will launch a bit higher with a bit less spin and give you 10-20 yards more carry than any other hit. I find that spot by teeing it up a bit higher and playing it a couple inches forward with the clubface slightly hooded but aimed at my target line and my stance closed so I have to swing in-to-out to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    R's and light are good things. The lighter it is the faster you can swing it and the farther and straighter it will go. The magic hot-spot on the face is right in the center about one scoring line above its equator. Practice hitting that spot and the ball will launch a bit higher with a bit less spin and give you 10-20 yards more carry than any other hit. I find that spot by teeing it up a bit higher and playing it a couple inches forward with the clubface slightly hooded but aimed at my target line and my stance closed so I have to swing in-to-out to catch it.
    Man, the way that you describe I am thinking of a G-spot... which one is more difficult to find?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Yeah, I've been paired with him before. He stands way too long over the ball and knows profanity I've never heard. I'd unwittingly call out his name after hitting a bad shot and he'd come over, which was annoying.

Maintaining one's faith is hard enough, you didn't have to tell them this part. I haven't been to church since realizing this.

Not surprising.

Not if you have faith.

Can't believe Christ missed a 15 footer for eagle. Doesn't sound like someone you'd want to team with in four-ball.
    Oh sh$$$t, I said Christ, didn't I... It's Chris , I believe good catch

Man, the way that you describe I am thinking of a G-spot... which one is more difficult to find?
    The difference is that the driver will not come when you hit it but you will after you find it and then go find your ball on a familiar hole that you've played for years but have never been in the position you find yourself. And if you miss it out towards the toe a bit with an otherwise good swing, the ball should draw a bit back towards your intended target. Quite gratifying.

Thread Information