|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

!!Just got my new Driver!!

Just got my brand new baby 5 minutes ago:

Ping G20 9.5 Degree X-stiff 169D Tour shaft.

Launching the ball at 14 degrees at Swing speed +-125mph average.

Can feel how dead the driver feels with the hard tip low launch shaft. but it is what I want. I get on average around 2100 spin on the ball with -50 to +50 spin,thats with shitty old balls.

Gona take it on course during the week and see what distances I get,

Bought it especially with the shaft to hit a low launching fade, This should enable me to draw and fade the ball easier,as its much harder/stupider to fade a draw biased driver.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

I also got a new driver. His name is Hoke and he is an illiterate, yet wise, elderly African-American gentleman. His sage advice has taught me many life lessons. Together we learned that as a society, despite all of our cultural differences, all of us will eventually grow old and drive slow as fukk.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer View Post
    I also got a new driver. His name is Hoke and he is an illiterate, yet wise, elderly African-American gentleman. His sage advice has taught me many life lessons. Together we learned that as a society, despite all of our cultural differences, all of us will eventually grow old and drive slow as fukk.

But is his shaft extra stiff and does he fade down low?

Guessing Hoke, being an older gentleman, will have to take a lot more practice strokes before he can address the ball and make good contact.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

So you have had it 10 hours and 5 minutes. That means you have 13 hours and 55 minutes more of cooperation from it before it quits you altogether.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    So you have had it 10 hours and 5 minutes. That means you have 13 hours and 55 minutes more of cooperation from it before it quits you altogether.
    With his swing speed, I imagine a few driver faces have caved in over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    With his swing speed, I imagine a few driver faces have caved in over the years.
    Two.lol

one Ping TIST 8 degree,when I was 14 at a long drive competition.Still have the certificate where I hit one at 293.5meters.Its face had cracked from side to side

They refunded my cash for the Ping driver and I bought a brand spanking new Callaway ERC2 that same day, Hitting it on the drive range that same day,with my "then teaching pro" helping me, I caved the face in that the top part of the driver had a hump about half an inch ontop of the clubhead.This was 2 drivers one day,at the same competition!!!

Yeah. Thats a reviews section chs fluffy has there. Sounds like about a 90s shooter.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    Yeah. Thats a reviews section chs fluffy has there. Sounds like about a 90s shooter.

Here I am close to acquiring new irons and I haven't even consulted the Review Section.
    GR lives...

Cant help that you guys are old....LMAO

Hey fluff, there's a guy here who hits it so hard he splits balls. you should pm him so you two can suk each other's dicks with your bs stories.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

How do you guys get it right to "stir" on every post? This site is amazing.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    How do you guys get it right to "stir" on every post? This site is amazing.lol
    125mph swing speed - Yeah and I'm Harry Potter :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
    125mph swing speed - Yeah and I'm Harry Potter :-)
    If I post you a picture where my swing speed is over 130mph on these simulators,what would you say?Ill include the average swing speed for the previous shots as well

Hey fluff, there's a guy here who hits it so hard he splits balls. you should pm him so you two can suk each other's dicks with your bs stories.
    FON hasn't been on in a great while. I am afraid that his accelerated bursts of speed while swinging the golf club have probably caused his heart to explode. After all, there is a penalty to pay for splitting too many golf balls.

Do you guys actually know each other,Or is this just internet war between everyone on this site?

Two.lol

one Ping TIST 8 degree,when I was 14 at a long drive competition.Still have the certificate where I hit one at 293.5meters.Its face had cracked from side to side

They refunded my cash for the Ping driver and I bought a brand spanking new Callaway ERC2 that same day, Hitting it on the drive range that same day,with my "then teaching pro" helping me, I caved the face in that the top part of the driver had a hump about half an inch ontop of the clubhead.This was 2 drivers one day,at the same competition!!!
    We are so fukkking impressed with those Euro guys who can hit a long, long way

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    We are so fukkking impressed with those Euro guys who can hit a long, long way
    I'm not European,South African,'n moerse groot boerseseun...

You understand LOL

Kind of like the Lincoln Lawyer. I love Michael Connely books and have read every single one, except his newest one that I'm assuming is one of the wrapped presents under the tree. That movie was one of the best movies at portraying criminals and the DA's office that I've seen. No political correctness.

As for the Ping G20 driver, to me it looks like a hook machine. I think the best designs were the Ping G10 and original Ping Rapture (which I am now bagging and hitting a coutry mile). Yesterday, I played in a men's club tournament for the first time in quite awhile. The first hole I hit a 280 yard drive, which is pretty darn long for me. On the 18th hole I hit it over 300 with the wind. It was one of the best feeling drives I've ever hit. NAH and a couple others on this forum have critisized the Aldila Proto "By You" shaft but for me it is absolutley perfect-like it was built for my swing. Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Kind of like the Lincoln Lawyer. I love Michael Connely books and have read every single one, except his newest one that I'm assuming is one of the wrapped presents under the tree. That movie was one of the best movies at portraying criminals and the DA's office that I've seen. No political correctness.

As for the Ping G20 driver, to me it looks like a hook machine. I think the best designs were the Ping G10 and original Ping Rapture (which I am now bagging and hitting a coutry mile). Yesterday, I played in a men's club tournament for the first time in quite awhile. The first hole I hit a 280 yard drive, which is pretty darn long for me. On the 18th hole I hit it over 300 with the wind. It was one of the best feeling drives I've ever hit. NAH and a couple others on this forum have critisized the Aldila Proto "By You" shaft but for me it is absolutley perfect-like it was built for my swing. Happy Holidays!

The first couple of versions of the Rapture belong on the classics list. The "By You" shaft is one of the worst ever produced. One of the reasons is it is long and feels good in the beginning but soon thereafter it all goes to hell. Yours may be a good one, they don't all perform the same.
    GR lives...

Do you guys actually know each other,Or is this just internet war between everyone on this site?
    Well some of us have been on this site so long that we feel like we know each other and a guy like Famousdavis has actually met and played golf with quite a few of the members. The trouble is Fluffy that anybody that comes on an internet site claiming huge driving distance, chs, scratch handicap etc is usually met with derision because, well, it's the internet and there is no way to prove these grandiose claims whereas in real life I would instantly know if you were talking BS. I played with a guy several years ago that claimed to have a chs of 130mph and he had just caved in the latest Taylormade driver. He did hit the ball a tonne so he may have been telling the truth but he sure was a blow ass.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Fluff, launch monitors are so jacked there's a strong liklihood that 125 translates to an honest 95.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Fluff, launch monitors are so jacked there's a strong liklihood that 125 translates to an honest 95.
    Very true. There is a particular outlet in oz which doesnt display too many scruples and i get at least 10mph more on their monitor.

The first couple of versions of the Rapture belong on the classics list. The "By You" shaft is one of the worst ever produced. One of the reasons is it is long and feels good in the beginning but soon thereafter it all goes to hell. Yours may be a good one, they don't all perform the same.
    I hate the by you, it was a piece of crap. no consistency and no feel.

I hate the by you, it was a piece of crap. no consistency and no feel.
    Make that a third opinion that the shaft is a really expensive tomato stake. I've hit loads of woods with that shaft in the Golf Galaxy and none of them felt good enough to even try hitting under real world conditions. Of course they were all stiff flex which may explain why they were all attached to heads and offered in the used bin.

If you've ever been around Boers, you would have seen quite a few males capable of crushing driver faces and ringing the bells on launch monitors. To have survived for so long in SA, they've had to fight and survive. When he came back from there the first time, Confucious say "It preferable to have Boer for friend than enemy."

Make that a third opinion that the shaft is a really expensive tomato stake. I've hit loads of woods with that shaft in the Golf Galaxy and none of them felt good enough to even try hitting under real world conditions. Of course they were all stiff flex which may explain why they were all attached to heads and offered in the used bin.
    The Aldila VS Proto "By You" 60-S shafts was appropriately named because yesterday, whenever anyone would ask me where my drive was, I would simply tell them "By You". Now, I know there are some members of this prestigious forum who think they know a thing or two about shafts. With that begin said make no mistake about it, this is one of the best shafts ever created.

Yesterday, I hit some mammoth drives and there is no doubt in my mind that the Rapture driver/"By You" combo were what made them possible. Of course, my swing and natural talent were key factors as well.

I'm keeping the Rapture Driver with the "By You" shaft in the bag. The old guy who played in our group kept telling me "it takes me two hits to reach your drive!". I simply looked at him and retorted "and then some".

The Aldila VS Proto "By You" 60-S shafts was appropriately named because yesterday, whenever anyone would ask me where my drive was, I would simply tell them "By You". Now, I know there are some members of this prestigious forum who think they know a thing or two about shafts. With that begin said make no mistake about it, this is one of the best shafts ever created.

Yesterday, I hit some mammoth drives and there is no doubt in my mind that the Rapture driver/"By You" combo were what made them possible. Of course, my swing and natural talent were key factors as well.

I'm keeping the Rapture Driver with the "By You" shaft in the bag. The old guy who played in our group kept telling me "it takes me two hits to reach your drive!". I simply looked at him and retorted "and then some".
    The driver fits you. That's it. Doesn't matter if the shaft is By You, Boo Yah, Killer Bee Bullwhip, V2HL, Sukazuki Banzai, Kawasaki Ninja Skivvies XL or whatever. I never hit one I liked just like some of the other guys. I also never hit a Speeder I liked. Again, probably because 99% of them were sold in stiff flex. No matter what the shaft is, if the flex is wrong then so will your drives be.

But is his shaft extra stiff and does he fade down low?
    No, he doesn't fade, he "hokes". But he does enjoy drivin' miss Daisy.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins View Post
    No, he doesn't fade, he "hokes". But he does enjoy drivin' miss Daisy.
    Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard to get her poor dog a bone, But when she bent over, Rover drover her 'cause Rover had a bone of his own.

Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard to get her poor dog a bone, But when she bent over, Rover drover her 'cause Rover had a bone of his own.
    Jack and Jill went up the hill both with a buck and quarter. Jill came down with two fifty.

Smile Here you go...

I was born in 1987....
    You are welcome to do the math

PS.I just like the Vibe here on this site where you can actually be yourself or say whatever you like to anyone...
    So here *******s,here's my proof, PS,Should I go overseas I will also make some effort to meet you guys at a course..one day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of long drive championships 2001.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	2779  
    Last edited by Fluffy; 12-08-2011 at 12:11 AM.

I was born on the 08 September 1987....

PS.I just like the Vibe here on this site where you can actually be yourself or say whatever you like to anyone...
    So here *******s,here's my proof, PS,Should I go overseas I will also make some effort to meet you guys at a course..one day.
    So now spank knows your real name. Your first mistake.

So now spank knows your real name. Your first mistake.
    So atleast you saw the 293meters at the age of 13?lol

So atleast you saw the 293meters at the age of 13?lol
    Sure did, impressive. We now await the pics of you spank will find.

Sure did, impressive. We now await the pics of you spank will find.
    Lol,I checked what he did with that other guy.Shame,

Atleast I have not given anyone reason to hate me yet.Lol

Anyway,Going on drive range tonight,to take some videos of the swing.I think I am setting up with my shoulders a little closed and need to check what else I can find wrong,Will see if I want to put up something on Youtube for some laughs

Where the hell is Spank - haven't seen anything from him lately - must be workin on something BIG...I'm sure he'll smell this blood in the water though.

Congrats on the driver, Fluff. I tried that one a few times and really liked it until I hit the 910 D3 - the ping simply sounded and felt dead by comparison.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
    Where the hell is Spank - haven't seen anything from him lately - must be workin on something BIG...I'm sure he'll smell this blood in the water though.

Congrats on the driver, Fluff. I tried that one a few times and really liked it until I hit the 910 D3 - the ping simply sounded and felt dead by comparison.
    It does, Ball I have more confidence in ping,and i dont like the feel/sound of the composite that much,Also the 910D3 can be setup in to many ways and I like a static driver.

Anyway took it to the range today,Taped the face (still keeping a napy on her)

Was hitting it straight or fading it a little bit,And just as i suspected,when I try and draw the PIng it does so but not alot,The flight path is alot more controllable.hitting it softer you get very straight/predictable shots with the X stiff shaft and low launch angle.

ALso the ping does feel little dead of the face,but it feels the same of he composite drivers nowadays.

Having been use to a ERC2 with alot better resposive face Will get used to it.

Still hitting straight beats hitting far any day!!!

You find it doesn't like to draw??? Do you have a low loft with open face? I found they wanted to do nothing but draw - and hook when I went after it.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

I was born in 1987....

Who is telling the truth ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of long drive championships 2001.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	2781  

Jack and Jill went up the hill both with a buck and quarter. Jill came down with two fifty.
    Heard about the guy who lost everything?

He was so broke, he told his wife she had to hit the streets and earn them some money.

She came home exhausted, make up smeared, dress torn, and handed him $94.25.

He indignantly asked "who gave you the 25 cents?"

She replied, "everybody".
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins View Post
    Heard about the guy who lost everything?

He was so broke, he told his wife she had to hit the streets and earn them some money.

She came home exhausted, make up smeared, dress torn, and handed him $94.25.

He indignantly asked "who gave you the 25 cents?"

She replied, "everybody".
    The guy called her a two-bit whore. So she hit him with her bag of quarters.

So finally play7ed the driver on course today, My iron play confidences where shot dead and I hit my driver 14/14 times on the course,
    Carried water hazards on holes that I normally have 150m in after an iron tee shot to only have a 50 meter chip.
    Drove a 296m par 4 on the green,Carried the bunker with an foot.lol.
    And the high of the day,I had a 375m drive on a par4 that is 379m long.(if you could carry 300m the rest would have rolled downhill)But this is officially my longest drive ever on course.
    With these long drives,I still f*ckedup my scores to 82 for both days.For each 18 holes I had around 10 birdie puts(anywhere from 6-15 feet),But my irons failed me on some holes,Think I was talking to much on course,too much socializing.

This driver finally has the correct shaft for my swing.If I try to hit it slower it will draw alot more,If I climb into it I found it went straighter/faded,Actually the seconds day(sunday) i took it on course again,and I struggled to maneuver the ball for a draw. The clubhead still does not feel very responsive,but the distance seems to be there. Still beats a composite driver for me any day.

So finally play7ed the driver on course today, My iron play confidences where shot dead and I hit my driver 14/14 times on the course,
    Carried water hazards on holes that I normally have 150m in after an iron tee shot to only have a 50 meter chip.
    Drove a 296m par 4 on the green,Carried the bunker with an foot.lol.
    And the high of the day,I had a 375m drive on a par4 that is 379m long.(if you could carry 300m the rest would have rolled downhill)But this is officially my longest drive ever on course.
    With these long drives,I still f*ckedup my scores to 82 for both days.For each 18 holes I had around 10 birdie puts(anywhere from 6-15 feet),But my irons failed me on some holes,Think I was talking to much on course,too much socializing.

This driver finally has the correct shaft for my swing.If I try to hit it slower it will draw alot more,If I climb into it I found it went straighter/faded,Actually the seconds day(sunday) i took it on course again,and I struggled to maneuver the ball for a draw. The clubhead still does not feel very responsive,but the distance seems to be there. Still beats a composite driver for me any day.
    Just found out my 375m drive was not straight,Its actually 344meters on google earth.

Just found out my 375m drive was not straight,Its actually 344meters on google earth.
    If my metric conversions are correct, you are boasting a 376 yard drive. Congratulations, Fluffy, you have just entered the club of internet bullsheeters. You will fit in good with the other posters on this forum who boast of splitting balls in half and caving in driver faces.

If my metric conversions are correct, you are boasting a 376 yard drive. Congratulations, Fluffy, you have just entered the club of internet bullsheeters. You will fit in good with the other posters on this forum who boast of splitting balls in half and caving in driver faces.
    SBS... Fluffy has used a wimpy lady shaft so he could hit a long way, maybe not consistent... but a long long way

Keep up sooner, fluffy has already boasted of caving in driver faces. He did two in one day. I know the bs flies thick and fast and its hard to keep track.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but has anyone tried the Taylormade 320 irons. I found a set at Play it Again Sports, 3-LW for $59, all original in great shape. The review section has great things to say about them and they look a lot like the more recent Tour Burner irons, albeit a little smaller. I really like the way they look and I believe they are a Japan version because they have Nippon 950GH shafts instead of the stock rifle and one of the clubs had an address label that was in all Japanese. I translated it and it read "Club not yours, return here". Personally, I found that to be just a little too demanding.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but has anyone tried the Taylormade 320 irons. I found a set at Play it Again Sports, 3-LW for $59, all original in great shape. The review section has great things to say about them and they look a lot like the more recent Tour Burner irons, albeit a little smaller. I really like the way they look and I believe they are a Japan version because they have Nippon 950GH shafts instead of the stock rifle and one of the clubs had an address label that was in all Japanese. I translated it and it read "Club not yours, return here". Personally, I found that to be just a little too demanding.
    Fuk I hate it when you got on here telling us about the bargains you find. Even I could be a ho if I could get sets at those prices, you Americans have got it made. As for the irons, snap them up before someone else does. They are supposed to be absolutely awesome irons. They were meant to be for the mid capper, but I've seen the in the bags of low markers who swear by them. A really nice cast CB, look like shovels but play like players irons. A word of warning about the shafts though. Those Nippons are very light and feel really soft, but are surprisingly accurate forsofter shafts. I've had them in a set of MX 20s and found them to be a nice shaft, but just a tad too soft for me.

Fuk I hate it when you got on here telling us about the bargains you find. Even I could be a ho if I could get sets at those prices, you Americans have got it made. As for the irons, snap them up before someone else does. They are supposed to be absolutely awesome irons. They were meant to be for the mid capper, but I've seen the in the bags of low markers who swear by them. A really nice cast CB, look like shovels but play like players irons. A word of warning about the shafts though. Those Nippons are very light and feel really soft, but are surprisingly accurate forsofter shafts. I've had them in a set of MX 20s and found them to be a nice shaft, but just a tad too soft for me.
    You're going to really hate it when I tell you they gave me an additional 10% off so the total was like $45. Used golf clubs have come down in price since the recession began back in 2007. You still have access to Ebay but I guess you have to pay a lot more in shipping. Here they charge $16.95 for shipping a set of irons and free if your purchase is over $100.

Actually, I guess my first post was confusing because I did indeed buy them at the same time I bought the Ping Rapture Driver. I need to regrip them because they have the original Taylormade grips that are in good shape but very hard feeling.

You're going to really hate it when I tell you they gave me an additional 10% off so the total was like $45. Used golf clubs have come down in price since the recession began back in 2007. You still have access to Ebay but I guess you have to pay a lot more in shipping. Here they charge $16.95 for shipping a set of irons and free if your purchase is over $100.

Actually, I guess my first post was confusing because I did indeed buy them at the same time I bought the Ping Rapture Driver. I need to regrip them because they have the original Taylormade grips that are in good shape but very hard feeling.
    New grips wil probably set you back a further $65 so you will still end up with a great set of sticks for just over a hunge. I always factor in new grips on al clubs I buy as I like my grips a bit thicker than standard. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much about the price of clubs here as I picked up my TPS 6.0s for $75 and hadlocal pick up so no postage, so bargains can be had but sets like mine come along rarely and usually are way higher price. It cost me $100 to have them lengthened and regripped, but I'm still happy getting a gamer set of irons for under $200. I rarely look at irons on ebay these days, and when I do it's just to look. I honestly can't see myself buying any new irons in the forseeable future. As long as I am young and strong enough to handle stiff shafts I'll keep the powerbilts.

New grips wil probably set you back a further $65 so you will still end up with a great set of sticks for just over a hunge. I always factor in new grips on al clubs I buy as I like my grips a bit thicker than standard. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much about the price of clubs here as I picked up my TPS 6.0s for $75 and hadlocal pick up so no postage, so bargains can be had but sets like mine come along rarely and usually are way higher price. It cost me $100 to have them lengthened and regripped, but I'm still happy getting a gamer set of irons for under $200. I rarely look at irons on ebay these days, and when I do it's just to look. I honestly can't see myself buying any new irons in the forseeable future. As long as I am young and strong enough to handle stiff shafts I'll keep the powerbilts.
    Deep down we all know that it's just about ho'ing anyway and not really about finding the best clubs.

This point really hit home the other day when I played with a 65 year old guy who hit the ball better than just about anyone I've seen. He used a Bobby Jones 10.5 Workshop driver with some kind of aftermarket shaft in stiff flex. The irons he used were Titleist 762 with GAT graphite shafts and just some Titleist wedges.

The last time I saw someone hit the ball like he did was a Champions Tour event I attended. When he hit a drive it had this perfect trajectory that produced very little spin with just the slightest draw. Then, when he got a wedge in his hands it was right at the hole every single time.

Thank you too my awesome fans

AS for taylormade Irons.....I cant hit any taylormade irons.

Thread Information