|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Anyone out there prefer graphite to steel in their irons?

Just wondering if I should switch to graphite or regular flex steel from uniflex?

Not sure how old you are Hassny but many/most of the over 50 year olds at my club play with graphite shafts and many of them are decent players playing to single figures or about 10 cap. The main advantage is the lighter shaft weight and the softness of the shaft that lessens the impact on mishits. They also offer a little extra distance for those with slower swingspeed too. Can't really see too much downside in making the switch.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I don't know what clubs or uniflex shafts you are hitting but I do know that uniflex shafts are generally cheaper; meaning they may perform not as well as a top quality shaft. They often come stock in more generic GI irons.
    Now they may suit you, but if you want to look into equipment changes that can help you play better golf it is a good bet that getting properly fitted is the best way to go. Graphite shafts may be a good move, but even so, they vary in profile from one to another just as much as steel shafts do.
    Through probably more than a typical interest I have found which type of profile shaft suits me, and in fact what different shafts will do for me in terms of performance and feel.
    Pick some brains, research on the web, go to a club builder that is good at his job. That is my advice. Good luck.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I previously had Callaway X18's,s with 75 gram shafts. They felt a little light. On the other hand, the uniflex feel stiff. I'm tempted to go for the 85 gram Aldila graphite shafts on my Adams a2 irons & hopefully break 85 this year. Anyway, Happy New Year to my fellow golfers out there!

Quote Originally Posted by hassny View Post
    I previously had Callaway X18's,s with 75 gram shafts. They felt a little light. On the other hand, the uniflex feel stiff. I'm tempted to go for the 85 gram Aldila graphite shafts on my Adams a2 irons & hopefully break 85 this year. Anyway, Happy New Year to my fellow golfers out there!
    IMO, the correct shaft would do wonder to your game.
    Yrs ago I started out with this Canon club, steel shaft (graphite was not popular and expensive then)... all irons look like hybrids (I still have them, will take 5i to the range next time)...
    then moved to clones with graphite shaft... and stay with graphite shaft until now. I am waiting for light wt steel shaft (same wt as graphite) and try later ... but graphite shaft works OK for me
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I use to have Cally X18s with uniflex shafts whenever I was hacking it in the 90s as well and I never got better. You are going from one inferior set of clubs to another in the Adams and it will not fix your game. I made the same mistake you are about to make in thinking that if I switched to graphite shafts that it would somehow make my game better. I bought a set of Mizuno MP-52s with stiff graphite shafts and got my scores down into the high 80s. It was only after I replaced the graphite shafts for Dynamic Gold S300 steel shafts that I started getting more accuracy out of my swing and got my scores down into the mid 80s. Then, I bought a set of MP-67s and MP-33 blades and worked my scores down into the low 80s and finally broke 80 with more consistency. You will not learn anything about lowering your scores the route you are going. You need a set of clubs and shafts that will give you immediate feedback even if initially it will seem harsh and frustrating.

Or, you can go the typical hacker route and continue to buy clubs and shafts that will give you no feedback for your swing and continue to hit your ball into the woods. Your hacking buddies will think you are cool though because you are sporting a set of GI paddles like you are, but if you want to start kicking their ass, get something that will actually help your swing.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    IMO, the correct shaft would do wonder to your game.
    Yrs ago I started out with this Canon club, steel shaft (graphite was not popular and expensive then)... all irons look like hybrids (I still have them, will take 5i to the range next time)...
    then moved to clones with graphite shaft... and stay with graphite shaft until now. I am waiting for light wt steel shaft (same wt as graphite) and try later ... but graphite shaft works OK for me
    Hassny, if you agree with this post, and the picture he posted doesn't make you throw up in your mouth, then you are definitely destined to be a hacker the rest of your life. Enjoy your nature hikes through the woods. Also, get you a good ball retriever and stay away from my course.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

There is truth in what sooner says. When you are starting out you dont need forgiving clubs as they will muffle feedback and stop you from learning. You need precise feedback and playability to allow you to learn what you are doing right or wrong. Once you have grooved a decent swing you can get paddles as they will help a good player score better, but get a swing first.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I don't think graphite shafts are necessary until you hit 60 or 65. I've heard many older plays say that when they switched to graphite they had less aches and pains after a round of golf and didn't get tired as quickly. I've also heard they allow for longer range sessions before getting tired. This is due to the lighter shafts and less vibration transfer to your muscles and joints.

Personally, I don't like the feel of graphite irons. However, I can't say that I've given them enough time to really adjust.

Just wondering if I should switch to graphite or regular flex steel from uniflex?
    Of course. Review the concept of "unsprung weight." It simply means the weight in the mechanism that serves no useful purpose-- which describes the function of the club shaft. It only separates the handle from the clubhead. The clubhead does the work. The weight of the shaft slows the clubhead for a given exertion level. Theoretically the handle and shaft should have NO weight-- so that ALL the weight of a golf club could be in the clubhead.

Since that can't happen, the next best is light-weight shafts, i.e. graphite. Notice there are no steel driver shafts and few steel fairway wood shafts either. I believe all golf clubs will have graphite or another lightweight material shafts in a few years.

Do a side-by-side comparison on the range. Take the 6i of several types out there and hit balls. Try forged blades. Try Cavity backs. Try steel and try graphite. I would bet you will learn that OS Cavity back clubheads on graphite shafts work best-- and certainly work best in the last few holes of a long round.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    Of course. Review the concept of "unsprung weight." It simply means the weight in the mechanism that serves no useful purpose-- which describes the function of the club shaft. It only separates the handle from the clubhead. The clubhead does the work. The weight of the shaft slows the clubhead for a given exertion level. Theoretically the handle and shaft should have NO weight-- so that ALL the weight of a golf club could be in the clubhead.

Since that can't happen, the next best is light-weight shafts, i.e. graphite. Notice there are no steel driver shafts and few steel fairway wood shafts either. I believe all golf clubs will have graphite or another lightweight material shafts in a few years.

Do a side-by-side comparison on the range. Take the 6i of several types out there and hit balls. Try forged blades. Try Cavity backs. Try steel and try graphite. I would bet you will learn that OS Cavity back clubheads on graphite shafts work best-- and certainly work best in the last few holes of a long round.

Larry

I might give graphite-shafted irons a try this year. Two of the older guys I played with a few weeks ago shot par or better with graphite shafts and game improvement irons. Plus, my lower back sometimes bothers me and I've been told that graphite shafts are much less tiring on the body. Don't get me wrong, I've got huge guns for biceps and I'm a bad-ass in general.

If you think about it, Bobby Jones played with something similar to graphite when he used hickory-shafted clubs. Those clubs were whippier than today's graphite.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I use to have Cally X18s with uniflex shafts whenever I was hacking it in the 90s as well and I never got better. yada, yada, yada.
    I hope you who have these pre-concieved notions about golf clubs will take a lesson. Tell the teacher that club BS and see what he says. I suspect he will roll his eyes, stifle a laugh, and say, "ok, take your stance and hit a few balls for me." Then instead of discussing golf clubs he will start working with you on swing fundamentals. 30 minutes later you will have learned that you have been making such important mistakes that you would fail to consistently strike the ball with ANY golf club!!! So everything you thought and wrote here is just bogus.

When I hear a really good golfer with a fundamentally correct repeating golf swing discuss what he feels is the difference between golf clubs, I listen. But when developing golfers discuss clubs, I just ignore what they say. I know the faults they find in golf clubs is actually their swing fault.

Lee Trevino apparently thought the same thing when he listened to that stuff from amateurs-- and said he could break 90 with a coke bottle taped to a stick....

Larry

Larry

Each player has an optimum club balance and weight with every club. Many do better with lighter shafts. Some do better with very heavy shafts. And still others thrive with the in-between. The trick is to find your optimum. As for graphite shafts making it easier to hit shots on the last few holes of rounds, if a player gets fatigued from hitting 36-50 full shots in four or more hours, that person may want to consider improving his physical condition or trying another sport. Like Team Shuffleboard.

So Liarry, do you have cleveland hibore irons, or Adams A2 OS's? Guessing with about a 47 gram shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post

Each player has an optimum club balance and weight with every club. Many do better with lighter shafts. Some do better with very heavy shafts. And still others thrive with the in-between. The trick is to find your optimum. As for graphite shafts making it easier to hit shots on the last few holes of rounds, if a player gets fatigued from hitting 36-50 full shots in four or more hours, that person may want to consider improving his physical condition or trying another sport. Like Team Shuffleboard.
    Sorry big guy, but that is just nonsense. Tell it to someone, especially an older pro with experience over the last 30 years, someone who teaches all day and teaches pro-level golfers and he will laugh at you.

He will say that we make our own "optimum.." We are humans with an infinite abilty to change and adapt. That is the only possible explanation that Bobby Jones and dozens of others hit them long and straight with wooden shafts and TINY forged blades! Simple-- they just swung what they had until they found a way to make the ball go straight and long. They adapted to their equipment, NOT visa versa. Nobody said it would be easy.

Larry

Red face

Sorry big guy, but that is just nonsense. Tell it to someone, especially an older pro with experience over the last 30 years, someone who teaches all day and teaches pro-level golfers and he will laugh at you.

He will say that we make our own "optimum.." We are humans with an infinite abilty to change and adapt. That is the only possible explanation that Bobby Jones and dozens of others hit them long and straight with wooden shafts and TINY forged blades! Simple-- they just swung what they had until they found a way to make the ball go straight and long. They adapted to their equipment, NOT visa versa. Nobody said it would be easy.

Larry
    As usual larry couldnt be more wrong. Pros spend countless hours on monitors and the range trialling different combos til they find their perfect fit. Even before monitors pros trialling new drivers would get a bin full and hit them on the range til they found a good one and wwould use that exact club. And they would be careful not to hit too many shots with a dud cause they didnt want to adapt to the clubs. You are an idiot.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Larry
    Nice analogy but dead wrong. Everyone has tendencies, good and bad. Find equipment the brings out the good and limits the bad is beneficial. Pretty simple logic. Like I posted in another thread, I'm an Indian and not the arrow kind of guy. But obviosly if one bow works better than another, I'm using the superior bow. Duh!

Larry
    Most golfers would play better with a more flexible shaft but the highly skilled golfer with greater swing speed will benefit from a stiff shaft. It would be counter productive for someone with high swing speed to try and adapt to a more flexible shaft when it isn't the optimal option, given there are tons of options out there.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)

Funny that you can say that we each make our own optimum...

...but still insist that whatever you're being taught to correct your swing faults must be the ultimate golf swing for everyone.

Weird, huh?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Larry: I challenge you to produce any definition from any context whatsoever that defines "unsprung weight" that way.

I wonder, also, if you've notice that pros do not swing golf clubs with Whippy shafts?

It's literally been decades since the first graphite shafts became available, Larry. Have you noticed that they've made no significant in-roads on top level professional golf?

Larry: what you think works best is what works for an 18+ hack.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    Larry: I challenge you to produce any definition from any context whatsoever that defines "unsprung weight" that way.I wonder, also, if you've notice that pros do not swing golf clubs with Whippy shafts?

It's literally been decades since the first graphite shafts became available, Larry. Have you noticed that they've made no significant in-roads on top level professional golf?

Larry: what you think works best is what works for an 18+ hack.
    Ask any racing enthsiast, driver, car owner, crew chief, designer etc. about unspring weight. The lowest unsprung weight that can be achieved while still maintaining requisite strength is the Holy Grail of two and four wheeled racers. A boatload of money is spent on the lightest and strongest wheels, brake parts and all the other little widgets not carried by the vehicle's suspension.

I've shot as low as 81, so I'm not the worst player on earth. I'll probably seek out a forged cavity back set with either lite steel or graphite because I'm now 56. Any suggestions for that type of club?

I've shot as low as 81, so I'm not the worst player on earth. I'll probably seek out a forged cavity back set with either lite steel or graphite because I'm now 56. Any suggestions for that type of club?
    Mizuno MX 20, 23 or 25 with the right shaft will break you 80. Bought MX 20 5-PW on Ebay for $69.00 and MX 23 4-7 at a store for $15 each. All regular flex Dynalite Golds which suit me fine. You'll find them used with the Exsar (Mizuno proprietary) graphite shafts for cheap also. I'll be 65 in two months and expect to be breaking 80 this year for the first time in 20 years.

Thanks, Mongrel. That's the feedback I'm looking for. Happy New Year.

No! Never!

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Most golfers would play better with a more flexible shaft but the highly skilled golfer with greater swing speed will benefit from a stiff shaft. It would be counter productive for someone with high swing speed to try and adapt to a more flexible shaft when it isn't the optimal option, given there are tons of options out there.
    Could not agree more FD!

My father is 77 and still plays steel shafts. It's a individuals preference. There's no age that says you must play graphite. It's mostly about feel and the individuals natural tendencies. Example, I'm quick at the top from my youth playing baseball and the leadoff hitter. I play better with a heavy static swing weight golf club. Put a light club in my hands and I jump at the ball.

Just go find a good fitter and try them out yourself.

The Titleist AP2 irons are available in graphite. Another set you might want to consider are Bridgestone Dual Cavity back irons in graphite. One of the longest irons I ever hit was the Taylormade Tour Burner iron with graphite. The 7 iron was going 160 to 165 which is unheard of for me.

Mizuno MX 20, 23 or 25 with the right shaft will break you 80. Bought MX 20 5-PW on Ebay for $69.00 and MX 23 4-7 at a store for $15 each. All regular flex Dynalite Golds which suit me fine. You'll find them used with the Exsar (Mizuno proprietary) graphite shafts for cheap also. I'll be 65 in two months and expect to be breaking 80 this year for the first time in 20 years.
    65... shi$$$$ttt... why still working?

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    65... shi$$$$ttt... why still working?
    Stupid career and financial decisions earlier in life. But WTF, gets me up early every day and some spare coin to indulge my hobbies.

The Titleist AP2 irons are available in graphite. Another set you might want to consider are Bridgestone Dual Cavity back irons in graphite. One of the longest irons I ever hit was the Taylormade Tour Burner iron with graphite. The 7 iron was going 160 to 165 which is unheard of for me.
    The local Golf Galaxy had a set of AP2's with Aldila graphite shafts in stiff flex and I hit the 7 and wedge in the monitor station with the big TV's and screen. After a swing or two, I was carrying the 7 around 168-172 with a slight draw. The wedge felt good, too. The clubs felt real good. Not quite as good as my Mizuno MX's but close. Those Tit lofts are jacked up just like the MX's. I'll have a set of AP 2's someday, maybe, when the prices fall as they inevitably do.

Ask any racing enthsiast, driver, car owner, crew chief, designer etc. about unspring weight. The lowest unsprung weight that can be achieved while still maintaining requisite strength is the Holy Grail of two and four wheeled racers. A boatload of money is spent on the lightest and strongest wheels, brake parts and all the other little widgets not carried by the vehicle's suspension.
    Mongrel: I know all about the definition and meaning of unsprung weight as it pertains to cars.

And although that usage is likely where Larry got his silly notion, it still doesn't add up to the meaning:

"It simply means the weight in the mechanism that serves no useful purpose"
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Is this still GR? The real reason few people use graphite shafts with irons is it's gay.

I always thought unsprung weight meant when it's still zipped up.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Is this still GR? The real reason few people use graphite shafts with irons is it's gay.

I always thought unsprung weight meant when it's still zipped up.
    Do we have age concessions? My Dad uses graphite and I don't like these slurs on the old man. But he's 71. Is that Ok?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Mongrel: I know all about the definition and meaning of unsprung weight as it pertains to cars.

And although that usage is likely where Larry got his silly notion, it still doesn't add up to the meaning:

"It simply means the weight in the mechanism that serves no useful purpose"
    That reply of mine was intended for Larry who, as an engineer, should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Do we have age concessions? My Dad uses graphite and I don't like these slurs on the old man. But he's 71. Is that Ok?
    Look decent people at time do gay things. Including you and me and your old man is no different. Stop glorifying him.
    GR lives...

That's fine, Kiwi. Just don't have your old man join GR or he will be called gay. As he should be for playing those shafts.

I think we all agree that there is a place for all these old man/woman crutches like graphite shafts in irons, Skycaddies and Callaway, but that place is called shottalk. GR is populated by men.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    That's fine, Kiwi. Just don't have your old man join GR or he will be called gay. As he should be for playing those shafts.

I think we all agree that there is a place for all these old man/woman crutches like graphite shafts in irons, Skycaddies and Callaway, but that place is called shottalk. GR is populated by men.
    So, if you go back and forth between steel and graphite does that make you bi? What about steel-weighted graphite shafts? Do you retain any masculinity if you play a grahite shaft with the same characteristics of steel?

I think the gayest move is a long putter. Belly putters mean you've thought about it. Iron covers mean you live in the Castro District.

So, if you go back and forth between steel and graphite does that make you bi?
    No, it makes you gay.

What about steel-weighted graphite shafts?
    They make you gay
    Do you retain any masculinity if you play a grahite shaft with the same characteristics of steel?
    No, you are full on gay
    I think the gayest move is a long putter. Belly putters mean you've thought about it. Iron covers mean you live in the Castro District.
    Agreed.
    Answers embedded. Please let me know if you are unclear or have further inquiries.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Answers embedded. Please let me know if you are unclear or have further inquiries.
    Thank you for handling that one.
    GR lives...

If I download a free ap to my android phone is that gay or is it just the dedicated Skycaddy type device that is deemed gay?

Now where the f#ck am I?

So, if you go back and forth between steel and graphite does that make you bi? What about steel-weighted graphite shafts? Do you retain any masculinity if you play a grahite shaft with the same characteristics of steel?

If I download a free ap to my android phone is that gay or is it just the dedicated Skycaddy type device that is deemed gay?
    Sorry, but all GPS devices are gay.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Just thinking about it as you are is gay.
    GR lives...

I think you just answered your own question.

Larry

http://tempomaster.com/videos/commercialrender.wmv

Watch these gays. They are hitting it WAY OVER 300 yards with driver shafts as flexible as fly rods. Amazing. No telling how much further they would hit them with stiff steel shafts!

Larry

Watch these gays. They are hitting it WAY OVER 300 yards with driver shafts as flexible as fly rods. Amazing. No telling how much further they would hit them with stiff steel shafts!
    And yet, not one of them can even qualify to play on the PGA Tour...
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

I think you just answered your own question.
    As hard as this will be for you to understand, Larry: the shaft of a golf club is nothing like the wheels and tires and other unsprung parts of a car.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
    Could not agree more FD!

Long drive competitors practice with Whippy clubs-- because they want to ELIMINATE all extraneous arm and hand action-- which actually slows the clubhead before impact. Ideally we want to do NOTHING with hands in order to allow gravity to preserve the wrist set as long as possible and achieve the latest possible release. So they lead their downswing with hips.

This same principle applies to all golf shots with all clubs. I believe that ALL golf clubs will have graphite or even lighter material shafts in a few years. Steel shafts will be funny antiques, like Persimmon head drivers.

Larry

Long drive competitors practice with Whippy clubs-- because they want to ELIMINATE all extraneous arm and hand action-- which actually slows the clubhead before impact. Ideally we want to do NOTHING with hands in order to allow gravity to preserve the wrist set as long as possible and achieve the latest possible release. So they lead their downswing with hips.
    Sorry, Larry, but it just isn't so.

A video of some long drivers using a Whippy in a commercial is not proof that "Long drive competitors practice with Whippy clubs".

Hand action doesn't necessarily slow the clubhead. I'm sorry, but it's just more nonsense from an 18+ who can't even learn to hit from the inside despite what must now literally be dozens upon dozens of different attempts.

This same principle applies to all golf shots with all clubs. I believe that ALL golf clubs will have graphite or even lighter material shafts in a few years. Steel shafts will be funny antiques, like Persimmon head drivers.
    Wrong. Again. It's been decades, Larry. The best still don't use graphite shafts in irons. There's a reason.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Does anyone even read his posts? Why on Earth would we read the ignorant drivel from you, AB? You have repeatedly proven that you know NOTHING, you can't even understand the elementary concepts in golf books. Please go away and let the adults discuss the golf swing!

Go bother the guys on the Canadian Skiing forum. But you can't can you? They have vociferously rejected you! You better not show up anywhere those skiers are-- they are not as polite as golfers.

I may start posting what they say about you.. so everyone here can see that you are about as popular as a rattlesnake whereever you go.

Larry

Does anyone even read his posts? Why on Earth would we read the ignorant drivel from you, AB? You have repeatedly proven that you know NOTHING, you can't even understand the elementary concepts in golf books. Please go away and let the adults discuss the golf swing!
    Larry: don't get so upset. This is about golf and you clearly aren't really interested in golf, so why do you get so worked up?

Fact: the best golfers in the world have had no problem switching to the use of graphite shafts in drivers, so it is clear there is no ego thing going on. They will use technology which works to allow them to play the best golf they possibly can.

Fact: the best golfers have also almost universally rejected the use of graphite shafts in their irons.

Those two facts should be all a person of ordinary intelligence and logic needs.

Go bother the guys on the Canadian Skiing forum. But you can't can you? They have vociferously rejected you! You better not show up anywhere those skiers are-- they are not as polite as golfers.
    What forum are you talking about, Larry?

I may start posting what they say about you.. so everyone here can see that you are about as popular as a rattlesnake whereever you go.
    Go right ahead!
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry
    Wherever is spelled with three "e"s, not four.

Wherever is spelled with three "e"s, not four.
    By Larry's own standard, he must now declare himself a high school dropout living off his parents (probably because he's taken a bath on his investments if his "short the S&P" advice is anything to go by).

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

By Larry's own standard, he must now declare himself a high school dropout living off his parents (probably because he's taken a bath on his investments if his "short the S&P" advice is anything to go by).

Larry

Mmmm

I have Ping Rapture irons with reg graphite shafts. I shoot mid to high 70's and have a driver SS of 102mph.

Guess I will have to live with being GAY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edgey View Post
    Mmmm

I have Ping Rapture irons with reg graphite shafts. I shoot mid to high 70's and have a driver SS of 102mph.

Guess I will have to live with being GAY!!!!!!!!
    Edgey, I'm stunned your Internet swing speed is only 102.
    GR lives...

Something else to consider is that uniflex shafts are complete shite. Isn't that what Callaway uses as a standard offering in most of their chopper shovels - which says it all really.

I've played with hired Callaways before and that uniflex shaft was horrible. So Hassny you could try some better quality steel shafts before you come out of the closet completely and go graphite.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Something else to consider is that uniflex shafts are complete shite. Isn't that what Callaway uses as a standard offering in most of their chopper shovels - which says it all really.

I've played with hired Callaways before and that uniflex shaft was horrible. So Hassny you could try some better quality steel shafts before you come out of the closet completely and go graphite.
    I recently hit some TiT AP2's in the LM at the Golf Galaxy. They had Aldila stiff graphite shafts and were the best feeling graphite-shafted irons I've ever hit. Today I did some research online and found out that they are almost $50 per shaft. For that, they'd better feel good.

I recently hit some TiT AP2's in the LM at the Golf Galaxy. They had Aldila stiff graphite shafts and were the best feeling graphite-shafted irons I've ever hit. Today I did some research online and found out that they are almost $50 per shaft. For that, they'd better feel good.
    My shaft is priceless

Damn right!!!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information