|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Some swing advice you can actualy understand

As it's the new year and I feel more charitable this time of the year, I thought I'd give you all some swing advice that doesn't bambozle you with indecipherable terms of reference like axis 1.5 or lever so and so.

My tip isn't anything technical so it can be applied to almost any swing. The advice is simple. To get more solid contact with your irons, try to gain the feeling of keeping the clubhead as low to the ground as possible on the followthrough. Don't try to do anything different or change anything else before impact, just try to feel as though on the release the clubhead is staying as close to the ground as possible for as long as possible into the followthough. The reality is the clubhead will not be near the ground for long and will come up naturally, but the feeling of keeping it close to the ground should help you make a proper release of the clubhead without flipping the club over through or before imapct, ensuring a downward blow with the hands leading the clubhead through impact. Which is probably what about 99% of good golfers do, but which 98% of all golfers don't do. I can assure you if you employ this tip and you haven't been doing it previously you will get a much more solid feeling and a more piercing bal flight with at least a club more distance.

You're welcome.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

This sounds like one of the best ball stiking tips I have heard and since employed.
    The swing thought is to cover the ball. In other words though impact feel as though your chest or sternum is pointing to the ground where the ball is. This surely produces the same desired result as you describe NAH. Keeping the clubhead close to the ground though impact. When done properly it produces a long shallowish divot hopefully pointing right down the target line,
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    This sounds like one of the best ball stiking tips I have heard and since employed.
    The swing thought is to cover the ball. In other words though impact feel as though your chest or sternum is pointing to the ground where the ball is. This surely produces the same desired result as you describe NAH. Keeping the clubhead close to the ground though impact. When done properly it produces a long shallowish divot hopefully pointing right down the target line,
    I think the most important thing it does is stop the hands from flipping and the clubhead overtaking the hands through imapct. If the hands lead the clubhead through imapct, a solid strike is almost automatic. If the hands flip over and the clubhead overtakes the hands, you will get no power or consistency.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    As it's the new year and I feel more charitable this time of the year, I thought I'd give you all some swing advice that doesn't bambozle you with indecipherable terms of reference like axis 1.5 or lever so and so.

My tip isn't anything technical so it can be applied to almost any swing. The advice is simple. To get more solid contact with your irons, try to gain the feeling of keeping the clubhead as low to the ground as possible on the followthrough. Don't try to do anything different or change anything else before impact, just try to feel as though on the release the clubhead is staying as close to the ground as possible for as long as possible into the followthough. The reality is the clubhead will not be near the ground for long and will come up naturally, but the feeling of keeping it close to the ground should help you make a proper release of the clubhead without flipping the club over through or before imapct, ensuring a downward blow with the hands leading the clubhead through impact. Which is probably what about 99% of good golfers do, but which 98% of all golfers don't do. I can assure you if you employ this tip and you haven't been doing it previously you will get a much more solid feeling and a more piercing bal flight with at least a club more distance.

You're welcome.
    if U can do this , then U would have solid contact. that's a promise from all of us
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	2793  

Thread Information