|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Scratch wedges have come down almost a full decimal place

Weren't these the legendary wedges that Dorkman played that cost $600? They've got em on Rock Bottom Golf for $69.95. Dorkman must be turning in his grave.

Looking at all the loft/bounce options (Digger/Driver, Driver/Slider or Sweeper/Slider) it's apparent that these wedges really do allow you to play "all the shots".

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/scratc...ome-wedge.html

I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

They sure have. Looking at picking up a couple to match up with the set of 701's I picked up. PW is only 46 and getting a 54 with the irons so will pick up a 50 and 58.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Wonder what ever happended w./ scratch?

Instead of the Scratch wedges these have intrigued me too.

http://www.worldgolf.com/newswire/br...igest-Hot-List

Made by eidolon, which I all ready have 4 of their wedges. Might have to look into them next winter.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

If you have the itch, that's not a lot of scratch. I know it may sound hokey, but I'm partial to Vokey.

Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Weren't these the legendary wedges that Dorkman played that cost $600? They've got em on Rock Bottom Golf for $69.95. Dorkman must be turning in his grave.

Looking at all the loft/bounce options (Digger/Driver, Driver/Slider or Sweeper/Slider) it's apparent that these wedges really do allow you to play "all the shots".

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/scratc...ome-wedge.html

This one was easy to see coming. Scratch made a name for themselves by claiming their wedges were custom ground in America after being forged in Japan. Then they got exposed. ...Their wedges were all being made in Chinese sweat shops.

I think Scratch owes us all an apology. Most of us weren't foolish enough to fall for their bogus marketing, but we were all affected...we lost one of our fellow forum brothers...Dorkman.

Dorkman, if your out there reading this. Comeback buddy, its not your fault and you're not alone...some people on this forum still have Callaway products in their bags.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I just realized why the Scratch logo has looked familiar to me. It reminds me of Old Sandwich Golf Club in Plymouth, Massachusetts. OS is private but one amazing place.

http://www.osgolfclub.com/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp

I feel badly Dorkman's ego got so bruised. We all get swindled occasionally, the best thing is to admit it and move on. Although paying $300 a wedge when it's made from inferior sweatshop metal and customized by 10 seconds of grinding is a bitter pill.

In Dorkman's honor I'll relate the following. My gf's traveling this week and we're not exclusive anyways so on Wed night without anything to do I went out to a place known as one of the hottest single bars in the area for 30 and 40 somethings. Orange County has MILFs and cougars like you wouldn't believe. I'm not a bar guy, I'm more of an every day situation opportunist.

Saw this very hot blonde built nice at least in clothes come in and take up about 20 feet away. Good eye contact but before I could get up two guys started with her. She seemed to engage so I went back to my drink. Five minutes later she's tapping me on the shoulder. Ten minutes later she has her tongue down my throat and is like licking my face. I'm not shy but this is in a crowded respectable bar.

I'm really not that good looking but I do have bedroom eyes and somehow things like this just happen to me. I'm at an age where this stuff is winding down so I'm out to make the most of what remains.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    I just realized why the Scratch logo has looked familiar to me. It reminds me of Old Sandwich Golf Club in Plymouth, Massachusetts. OS is private but one amazing place.

I feel badly Dorkman's ego got so bruised. We all get swindled occasionally, the best thing is to admit it and move on. Although paying $300 a wedge when it's made from inferior sweatshop metal and customized by 10 seconds of grinding is a bitter pill.

In Dorkman's honor I'll relate the following. My gf's traveling this week and we're not exclusive anyways so on Wed night without anything to do I went out to a place known as one of the hottest single bars in the area for 30 and 40 somethings. Orange County has MILFs and cougars like you wouldn't believe. I'm not a bar guy, I'm more of an every day situation opportunist.

Saw this very hot blonde built nice at least in clothes come in and take up about 20 feet away. Good eye contact but before I could get up two guys started with her. She seemed to engage so I went back to my drink. Five minutes later she's tapping me on the shoulder. Ten minutes later she has her tongue down my throat and is like licking my face. I'm not shy but this is in a crowded respectable bar.

I'm really not that good looking but I do have bedroom eyes and somehow things like this just happen to me. I'm at an age where this stuff is winding down so I'm out to make the most of what remains.
    Thanks for sharing that LO I'll definitely sleep better knowing you pulled!

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
    Thanks for sharing that LO I'll definitely sleep better knowing you pulled!

Thanks, P. I feel like a fisherman who's dedicated himself to the art of fishing and then all of sudden one just jumps into the boat.
    GR lives...

LaJolla Knife Wedge

buy this wedge and you will be very very happy...Almost no bounce, get a ball up in the air very quick, very versatile, better than my TM sand wedge... best of all, I paid $8.99 each club a few yrs ago, bought 4 just for the hell of it, turns out to be excellent investment for my golf game...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LaJolla Knife Wedge.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	2796  

Thanks, P. I feel like a fisherman who's dedicated himself to the art of fishing and then all of sudden one just jumps into the boat.
    Enjoy it while U can... what the heck...

Quote Originally Posted by edgey View Post
    I have altered your post to more accurately reflect what actually happened.

No need to thank me mate, after all what are friends for

that's what I would expect from an English guy...

In Dorkman's honor I'll relate the following. My gf's traveling this week and we're not exclusive anyways so on Wed night without anything to do I went out to a place known as one of the hottest single gay bars in the area for 30 and 40 somethings. Orange County has muscle mary's and leather queens like you wouldn't believe. I'm not a bar guy, I'm more of an every day situation opportunist.

Saw this very hot blonde built nice at least in clothes come in and take up about 20 feet away. Good eye contact but before I could get up two guys started with him. He seemed to engage so I went back to my drink. Five minutes later he's tapping me on the shoulder. Ten minutes later he has his tongue down my throat and is like licking my face. I'm not shy but this is in a crowded respectable bar.

Hillarious but those things felt natural, there was no adams apple visible and, oh jeez Edgey, can't you just allow an aging warrior a little glory?
    GR lives...

Hillarious but those things felt natural, there was no adams apple visible and, oh jeez Edgey, can't you just allow an aging warrior a little glory hole pleasure?
    Modified again Loz, all part of the service.

PS Camp Freddy has a renewed interest in older men of Italian heritage. BE AFRAID

PS Camp Freddy has a renewed interest in older men of Italian heritage. BE AFRAID
    Loz's is planning a trip to the UK to see Stonehenge. Perhaps you can arrange a little rendevous with Camp Freddy?

How did the Cobra driver go in your medal round last week?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Loz's is planning a trip to the UK to see Stonehenge. Perhaps you can arrange a little rendevous with Camp Freddy?
    No, I'm good. I am however developing an image of British women being essentially men with wigs, sometimes with an x, sometimes a y, sometimes both.

It's coming back to me now, those pants were tight and would have revealed the wrong apparatus.

I respect your protective instincts where women and gay people are concerned. I feel the same way. I promise I'll do everything I can to make her happy.

Hey, if anyone's getting treated like a piece of meat here it's me.
    GR lives...

Hi

The Cobra was OK, but not as good as I seemed to remember. A bit like shagging an old girlfriend I suspect.

Let's face it. If Dorkman was reading this and responded he'd argue black and blue that they were worth it for the sole grind customization that allows him to play "all the shots" and that he couldn't give a monkeys about the metallurgy of the club. Oh and also berate you for your lifestyle and bragging about your sexual exploits.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Let's face it. If Dorkman was reading this and responded he'd argue black and blue that they were worth it for the sole grind customization that allows him to play "all the shots" and that he couldn't give a monkeys about the metallurgy of the club. Oh and also berate you for your lifestyle and bragging about your sexual exploits.
    Are we sure that's the same scratch wedge that cost $300 at one point? I'm sure you can get them new on Ebay for even cheaper.

I saw something pretty amusing the other day--a set of Ray Cook Titanic Titanium irons, 3-PW, for $29.99 at Golf Mart. When these irons first came out back in 1995, supersized irons were believe to be the future of golf. At that time they cost $1,599. I picked one of the irons up and it was quite possibly the ugliest iron I've ever seen. You really could use it as a garden hoe.

Agreed and I kind of miss it. He never got that we were just messing around even after we'd explain it to him. And yes FD they were unequivocably $300.

Now if these trolls don't bring him back, he's gone.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Are we sure that's the same scratch wedge that cost $300 at one point? I'm sure you can get them new on Ebay for even cheaper.
    I saw something pretty amusing the other day--a set of Ray Cook Titanic Titanium irons, 3-PW, for $29.99 at Golf Mart. When these irons first came out back in 1995, supersized irons were believe to be the future of golf. At that time they cost $1,599. I picked one of the irons up and it was quite possibly the ugliest iron I've ever seen. You really could use it as a garden hoe.
    I don't think it was. Scratch always had two lines of wedges. This one is their cast. open mould one. They have been cheap for a little while now. They used to retail just under $100.
    Dorkmans were different, he can still defend his position.
    You guys just won't let it go, will you.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    I don't think it was. Scratch always had two lines of wedges. This one is their cast. open mould one. They have been cheap for a little while now. They used to retail just under $100.
    Dorkmans were different, he can still defend his position.
    You guys just won't let it go, will you.
    Hey this is GR. We don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hey this is GR. We don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I am relatively sure that DM bought custom grind/built wedges to his specs. with Nippon shafts...and the $300 was about right.

Speaking of shafts, the Scratches offered by Rockbottom states they cannot guarantee which shafts the clubs will have....and those shafts are not offered by Scratch. So I get the feeling they are selling out a deal that fell thru.

Regardless, I am jonesing for these wedges when they hit our store in a few weeks.

Buying expensive wedges is pretty silly if you ask me. One of the best wedge rounds I have ever had was with a wedge I borrowed out of the lost and found bin. I had sold my wedge and had yet to buy a replacement so the pro let me use the Dunlop wedge out of the bin. I'm telling you, I hit that thing better than anything I'd ever tried in the past. It looked like it was purchased from Sportmart or some place similar. The thing I liked about it was the precise feedback it gave me. I just couldn't believe how I was hitting one shot after another right next to the pin. I had to turn it back in at the end of the round and I've been looking ever since for my precious Dunlap.

I know it sounds weird but I tend to like cheaper wedges. I like a high-end, brand name driver but when it comes to wedges I think cheaper is better. It shouldn't be die-cast aluminum but it should have a dull finish with an Apollo shaft. You know what? I'm going to Sportmart at lunch time and I'm going to find me a cheap wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    Why didn't you buy it? Couldn't have been the cost.
    Because, typically, lost and found items are not for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Buying expensive wedges is pretty silly if you ask me. One of the best wedge rounds I have ever had was with a wedge I borrowed out of the lost and found bin. I had sold my wedge and had yet to buy a replacement so the pro let me use the Dunlop wedge out of the bin. I'm telling you, I hit that thing better than anything I'd ever tried in the past. It looked like it was purchased from Sportmart or some place similar. The thing I liked about it was the precise feedback it gave me. I just couldn't believe how I was hitting one shot after another right next to the pin. I had to turn it back in at the end of the round and I've been looking ever since for my precious Dunlap.

I know it sounds weird but I tend to like cheaper wedges. I like a high-end, brand name driver but when it comes to wedges I think cheaper is better. It shouldn't be die-cast aluminum but it should have a dull finish with an Apollo shaft. You know what? I'm going to Sportmart at lunch time and I'm going to find me a cheap wedge.
    Why didn't you buy it? Couldn't have been the cost.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by indacup View Post
    I am relatively sure that DM bought custom grind/built wedges to his specs. with Nippon shafts...and thet $300 was about right.

Ha!!!!! I knew it!!!!!!

Carry on.
    GR lives...

Lot's of bad vibes for Scratch.
    Too bad if it's all really true.
    I like the idea of getting options not offered by the OEMs

Nothing in stone, but I'd been contemplating my very last set of irons and came up with something like this:

Scratch "Don White" irons / wedges
    stamping 2567895258
    clubheadAR-1 D/SAR-1 D/SAR-1 D/SAR-1 D/SAR-1 D/SAR-1 D/SEBN-RndLBE-Rnd
    loft21°26°31°36°41°46°52°58°
    lie60°60.5°61°61.5°62°62.5°62.5°62.5°
    length39"38 3/8"37 3/4"37 1/8"36 1/2"35 7/8"35 1/2"35 1/2"
    shaftAldila NV Pro-105 R-flex
    grip
    Winn Dri-Tac Wrap Lite standard black

Is this true ZO... I live about ten miles from Stonehenge.. Bring your clubs and you have yourself a match..

BD

Thread Information