|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Learn to lay it off

As I work on my swing, I increasingly believe that the ONLY path to consistency is to swing on plane-- and for most amateurs, the only way to avoid bringing it down OVER the top is to learn to bring it down UNDER or from the inside to the ball.

That emphasizes the reason Jack Nicklaus endorsed ONLY ONE golf swing training idea, the "Inside Approach." He didn't make any money on that, it can be duplicated for a few bucks, but it requires the golfer to swing correctly. Most other swing training ideas don't. You can cheat. You can swing the same old way and learn nothing. But NOBODY can hit balls under an "Inside Approach" without making a fundamentally correct sequence. You must turn, SHIFT, then swing. You must keep your head back where it was and that creates the tilt that allows you to "drive a wedge under a door" which for 100 years has been the common teaching.

Most humans must lay the club off on top to get it back down on plane before they downswing. So you will see both older pros like Moe Norman and Gene Littler laying it off-- as well as young guys like Ricky Fowler and all the other young champions today. They take it up, roll it around behind them, then shift and bring the clubhead to the ball "down and under." The key is the layoff move. You can learn it in slow motion. You cannot learn it while hitting full shots.

BTW, this move accounts for the MASSIVE clubhead speed they now generate. Amazing.

Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnjHe...Se1qSlQc7WzDC6

Larry

That's a good looking swing. Hey, are you facing to the south on that range? And at the horizon there's a cut in the two hills right about on plane with your follow-through. From memory, and the last time I was there was around the early fall of 1973, is that the 5 Freeway running through that cut?

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    That's a good looking swing. Hey, are you facing to the south on that range? And at the horizon there's a cut in the two hills right about on plane with your follow-through. From memory, and the last time I was there was around the early fall of 1973, is that the 5 Freeway running through that cut?
    Right on! The range faces South. That is indeed I-5 over on the left. 5 lanes each way! Getting more and more crowded here in North County of San Diego.

We're excited that Mitt Romney crushed Newt in the Florida primary. I hope the potential donors to Newt and others just give up now. And I really hope that potential donors to Obama also give up and keep their money! Romney is going to roll to a monster win-- because the entire world knows that America must regain its fiscal sanity! A Harvard educated MBA with a law degree and 25 years wildly successful experience turning businesses around is EXACTLY what is needed now. The fact that he is also "squeaky" clean helps, they will find nothing as they try to tar him with scandal.

Larry

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    As I work on my swing, I increasingly believe that the ONLY path to consistency is to swing on plane-- and for most amateurs, the only way to avoid bringing it down OVER the top is to learn to bring it down UNDER or from the inside to the ball.
    And last month you insisted that the "ONLY path to consistency" was to take it back vertically and the exaggeratedly flatten the shaft; very much not swinging on plane.

So why should we believe you have any more clue this time?

That emphasizes the reason Jack Nicklaus endorsed ONLY ONE golf swing training idea, the "Inside Approach." He didn't make any money on that, it can be duplicated for a few bucks, but it requires the golfer to swing correctly. Most other swing training ideas don't. You can cheat. You can swing the same old way and learn nothing. But NOBODY can hit balls under an "Inside Approach" without making a fundamentally correct sequence. You must turn, SHIFT, then swing. You must keep your head back where it was and that creates the tilt that allows you to "drive a wedge under a door" which for 100 years has been the common teaching.
    Tell you what, Larry: I bet you I can it balls under an Inside Approach training aid while standing on one leg.

You want to put that to the test?

Most humans must lay the club off on top to get it back down on plane before they downswing. So you will see both older pros like Moe Norman and Gene Littler laying it off-- as well as young guys like Ricky Fowler and all the other young champions today. They take it up, roll it around behind them, then shift and bring the clubhead to the ball "down and under." The key is the layoff move. You can learn it in slow motion. You cannot learn it while hitting full shots.
    Just FYI: Ricky Fowler has yet to win a single PGA Tour event. So on precisely what basis are you calling him a "champion"?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

[QUOTE=

[B]Just FYI: Ricky Fowler has yet to win a single PGA Tour event. So on precisely what basis are you calling him a "champion"?[/[/B]QUOTE]

Ricky is currently #1 in the world in the Hot Young Poontang Index. In fact, he pegs the meter at every event. The likes of this hot young phenom has not been seen since the emergence of the young Freddie Couples.

BTW, this move accounts for the MASSIVE clubhead speed they now generate. Amazing.

Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnjHe...Se1qSlQc7WzDC6

Larry
    Fowler has a ton of timing built into his swing. Lary, you better have great hands to do what Fowler does.

[QUOTE=mongrel;262269]
    Quote Originally Posted by

[B
    Just FYI: Ricky Fowler has yet to win a single PGA Tour event. So on precisely what basis are you calling him a "champion"?[/[/B]QUOTE]

Ricky is currently #1 in the world in the Hot Young Poontang Index. In fact, he pegs the meter at every event. The likes of this hot young phenom has not been seen since the emergence of the young Freddie Couples.
    Ricky Fowler is hugely popular and could be a superstar if he won a few tournaments. As silly as the clothing looks, he had done wonders for Puma. Every single golf store I go into now has a section reserved for Puma gear. I now see Puma bags, Puma shoes and Puma you-name-it in every golf store I go into...and I go into them all. Next to the gear is a lifesize portrait of Ricky Fowler.

He really needs to get a win under his orange belt. Cobra is banking on this kid so much that they made their latest line of irons with orange inserts.

You cannot define cool. Arnold Palmer had it. Fred Couples had it and this kid has it. If he starts winning his popularity will skyrocket.

At least he has a cute GF
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post

Slightly. That's the exact kind of woman I like.

Romney is going to roll to a monster win-- because the entire world knows that America must regain its fiscal sanity! ... The fact that he is also "squeaky" clean helps, they will find nothing as they try to tar him with scandal.
    Larry

Traditionally, the criticism of Larry is limited to his ideas on the golf swing. But in view of the above excrescence, I believe the proper designation for him is political dilettante. I assume you've heard of the Electoral College, Larry? Pray tell, which states will change from blue to red?

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    Fowler has a ton of timing built into his swing. Lary, you better have great hands to do what Fowler does.
    Wrong! In a correct golf swing like his, there is no hand action. The hands just hang on as the arms swing in response to the hips flinging the shoulders around. Everything is passive so that the components operate in sequence in a "cascade" to quote Hogan.

Someone asked Gene Littler about using hands-- and he famously replied, "the hands have no role in the golf swing." He meant they just hang on. ANY and all attempts to "time" hand action never works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eDjPcLAhEg

Watch him lay it off and power his swing with hips. They called him "gene the machine" because he seldom missed his targets.

Larry

Wrong! In a correct golf swing like his, there is no hand action. The hands just hang on as the arms swing in response to the hips flinging the shoulders around. Everything is passive so that the components operate in sequence in a "cascade" to quote Hogan.
    Larry: better golfers than you are talking.

What does an 18+ such as yourself really now, hmmm?

Someone asked Gene Littler about using hands-- and he famously replied, "the hands have no role in the golf swing." He meant they just hang on. ANY and all attempts to "time" hand action never works.
    Complete and utter nonsense.

The hands and arms play an important role in any sport when you grip and implement and swing it to strike a ball. Golf does present some challenges in that people often focus on the hands too much so that they don't move their bodies as they should, but that is a teaching point, not reality.

As usual, you confuse what you've been told to try and fix your horrific swing with what you're actually supposed to be doing. Much like how you were telling us all that taking it back vertically (far off plane) and the laying it off radically on the transition (far off plane) was the "ONLY" way to swing a club and now you're all about how swing on plane is the "ONLY" way.

Watch him lay it off and power his swing with hips. They called him "gene the machine" because he seldom missed his targets.
    And a whole bunch of other golfers with other ideas actually won more tournaments that ole Gene, right Larry?

But why let little facts like that (and like calling Fowler a champion when he hasn't yet won anything) stop you?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eDjPcLAhEg

Larry
    Yah, but he's got a ton of hand action in his swing. He stops rotating his hips near impact and rolls his hands over from an extreme inside position. He missing that roll a bit and he's either left or right....

Johnny and peter kostis went on and on about this on one of their swing analysis.

Yah, but he's got a ton of hand action in his swing. He stops rotating his hips near impact and rolls his hands over from an extreme inside position. He missing that roll a bit and he's either left or right....

Johnny and peter kostis went on and on about this on one of their swing analysis.
    Pish and tosh, Poe!

What do those guys know next to what Larry half remembers being told to him to convince him to try a new drill?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

This is indeed one of the nuances of Ricky Fowler's swing that I too have noticed. At the bottom of the downswing he rotates his hands very quickly through the ball from the inside. He's one of the best at pitching from 100 yards out and I have no doubt it's because of the hand action and hitting the ball crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    This is indeed one of the nuances of Ricky Fowler's swing that I too have noticed. At the bottom of the downswing he rotates his hands very quickly through the ball from the inside. He's one of the best at pitching from 100 yards out and I have no doubt it's because of the hand action and hitting the ball crisp.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7dOThIKPWk

Faldo and Nicklaus talking about how much Ricky Fowler's swing depends on "throwing his right arm at it" (Nicklaus) and how "an awful lot of good timing" (Faldo) is needed.

Faldo goes on to say explicitly that "when it gets a little bit cold and you can't use your hands"...

...but what would those two know compared to Larry?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post

Faldo and Nicklaus talking about how much Ricky Fowler's swing depends on "throwing his right arm at it" (Nicklaus) and how t"an awful lot of good timing" (Faldo) is needed.

Faldo goes on to say explicitly that "when it gets a little bit cold and you can't use your hands"...

Yap, that's the one I was thinking of. Good job on finding it. Old nick was all over ricky's lack of rotation but good hand work. Not too bad if you have good hands.

Like FD pointed out, he has nice soft hands around the green.

Lary, you fail again.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts View Post
    Traditionally, the criticism of Larry is limited to his ideas on the golf swing. But in view of the above excrescence, I believe the proper designation for him is political dilettante. I assume you've heard of the Electoral College, Larry? Pray tell, which states will change from blue to red?
    Are you serious 24?

So you're saying you don't frequent the Non Golf Forum very often?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post

Faldo and Nicklaus talking about how much Ricky Fowler's swing depends on "throwing his right arm at it" (Nicklaus) and how "an awful lot of good timing" (Faldo) is needed.

That video was mind boggling. Fowler actually stops moving his lower body for a moment while his arms and hands catch up. That's the strangest thing I've ever seen anyone do. I've never seen a player have the ability to stop their lower body at the bottom of the swing and then continue during the last 3/4 of the follow through.

I saw that and so did my pro, who laughed. The minor wrist rolling that lays the club off is NOT the ruinous "handsy" stuff that spoils most shots for amateurs. Littler did that and so does nearly every good pro. It can be done in slow or even stopped motion. My pro has me take it to the top, slowly roll it back, then downswing. Once the downswing starts the hands have no role.

A really good verification of this is the Whippy Training clubs. If you use hands to manipulate the clubface, if you try to PUSH the handle to make the clubhead go faster, you will bend the shaft and either wildly slice or miss the ball completely! So long drive competitors train themselves to swing with dead hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sOwlNLYS5w

This guy is a long-drive competitor. ANY handsy manipulation ruins the shot-- just as it actually slows the clubhead before impact with regular shafts.

Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ4u3T855Sw

I suppose there is a difference in hand action. But my pro says we should NOT try to manipulate the clubhead with hands, he means attempting to "steer" or change the clubhead alignment prior to impact. Consistent accuracy is achieved by trusting gravity to align the clubhead---exactly the way the Golf Labs robot swinging machines do it. It always works--UNLESS the golfer grips too tightly and exerts bogus forces on the clubhead. Very likely this is the reason Sam Snead taught us to grip the club handle as though we were holding a baby bird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIjnMl2kaU

Watch the clubhead move straight back from the ball on top. See his left wrist bow.

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 02-02-2012 at 01:46 PM.

I saw that and so did my pro, who laughed. The minor wrist rolling that lays the club off is NOT the ruinous "handsy" stuff that spoils most shots for amateurs. Littler did that and so does nearly every good pro. It can be done in slow or even stopped motion. My pro has me take it to the top, slowly roll it back, then downswing. Once the downswing starts the hands have no role.
    And when Faldo and Nicklaus both talk about how Fowler uses his hands in the hitting area?

A really good verification of this is the Whippy Training clubs. If you use hands to manipulate the clubface, if you try to PUSH the handle to make the clubhead go faster, you will bend the shaft and either wildly slice or miss the ball completely! So long drive competitors train themselves to swing with dead hands.
    So why does no one—not one pro golfer anywhere—actually use a Whippy in competion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sOwlNLYS5w

This guy is a long-drive competitor. ANY handsy manipulation ruins the shot-- just as it actually slows the clubhead before impact with regular shafts.
    1. Who says this guy is a long-drive competitor? You? Please: you once told us your handicap was 4.3.

2. Nonsense. Real pros use their hands. Hogan (your former paragon) advocated using the hands...

...it's all a matter of using them at the correct time.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ4u3T855Sw

I suppose there is a difference in hand action. But my pro says we should NOT try to manipulate the clubhead with hands, he means attempting to "steer" or change the clubhead alignment prior to impact. Consistent accuracy is achieved by trusting gravity to align the clubhead---exactly the way the Golf Labs robot swinging machines do it.
    The Golf Labs robot has bevel gears with positively correlate the face rotation with the angle between the clubshaft and the arm of the robot.

Here's a picture of the gears:

And the release of the angle between the shaft and the arm is controlled with a computer than can reproduce swing after swing with 100% accuracy. It is powered by 7.8 horsepower electric motor which is only about 32 times what a human being has to work with.

Sorry to inject facts into yet another of your fantasies.

But wait... ...you've been told all this before, haven't you?

That makes what you just wrote a lie rather than a fantasy, doesn't it?

Last edited by alangbaker; 02-02-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Very likely this is the reason Sam Snead taught us to grip the club handle as though we were holding a baby bird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIjnMl2kaU

Watch the clubhead move straight back from the ball on top. See his left wrist bow.
    And see the bend in the shaft in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0MZNFz2Hmc

Do you really think Stanley's holding onto the club like it was a baby bird, Larry?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

[QUOTE=mongrel;262269]

[B
    Just FYI: Ricky Fowler has yet to win a single PGA Tour event. So on precisely what basis are you calling him a "champion"?[/[/B]QUOTE]

It is all just a cover. We have all witnessed him in the golf boys video taking a serious grab at Ben Crane's package. They both acted like they liked it.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

[QUOTE=SoonerBS;262410]

It is all just a cover. We have all witnessed him in the golf boys video taking a serious grab at Ben Crane's package. They both acted like they liked it.
    The 16 year olds are too dumb to figure it out and the Cougars don't care.

[QUOTE=mongrel;262269]

[B

From the rumours of his extra cirricular activity when he was out here a few years ago Ricky Barnes would give Fowler or Freddie a run for their money. He had huge galleries of hot young women following him around the course and the nightclubs from all reports.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Back to topic, I sort of agree with Larry and Alan on this one. The hands don't play a huge role (some more so than others) but the small rolethey do play is hugely important. All the greats of the game were lauded for their great hands. Don't tell me guys like Johnny Miller and Seve didn't use thier hands in their swings Larry.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Larry's big problem is that he takes everything he is being told by his pro for his unique problems and treats it as if it were gospel. In this case, he's had trouble curing his OTT move for years, so he's been told repeatedly to focus on his body...

...so no one else in the world should be using the hands either.

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Actually Larry, having looked at Gene Littler's swing video, I don't consider him to be that laid off at all. Had he continued to swing his arms up before his transition into the downsing I believe his shaft would have been parallel at the very top of the swing. Simerlarly looking at your video I would not say your are partularly laid off either.

I had a real problem with "crossing the line" at the top of my backswing and to cure it I had to get the feeling of being seriously laid off at the top. However when I reviewed the video footage I found that I was on plane. I don't reach parallel at the top of my backswing and just before the transition into the down swing the club head looks like it was pointing left of target. Had I the flexibility to get my hands higher I would have been close to parallel at the top of the swing.

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Actually Larry, having looked at Gene Littler's swing video, I don't consider him to be that laid off at all. Had he continued to swing his arms up before his transition into the downsing I believe his shaft would have been parallel at the very top of the swing. Simerlarly looking at your video I would not say your are partularly laid off either.

I had a real problem with "crossing the line" at the top of my backswing and to cure it I had to get the feeling of being seriously laid off at the top. However when I reviewed the video footage I found that I was on plane. I don't reach parallel at the top of my backswing and just before the transition into the down swing the club head looks like it was pointing left of target. Had I the flexibility to get my hands higher I would have been close to parallel at the top of the swing.

Quote Originally Posted by A V Twiss View Post

Good golfers lay it off for two reasons: first, to avoid accidental OTT, which even great golfers do occasionally. I remember Nicklaus slicing it across 2 fairways when he lost one.

Second, we can achieve a later release when we lay it off and lead our turn with our hips-- your lead wrist must be bowed slightly on top. I try to almost touch my leg with my hands coming down-- I would be completely blocked if I didn't aggressively shift and turn my hips aggressively. But I make a great divot and the ball flies straight. Really fun to hit medium irons like that. You and everyone near you hears the compression and sees the divots that only really good golfers throw. Good stuff.

It is unnecessary to get it to parallel on top in order to bring it down with wrists set-- and get a delayed release. Just do it in slow motion a few times and you quickly see that the key is to have your hips lead. Hogan was right.

The best practice swing trainer for this is the "Inside Approach" that Jack Nicklaus endorsed. You can build one for $5. My teaching pro uses one in his lessons.

Larry

[QUOTE=A V Twiss;262535]Actually Larry, having looked at Gene Littler's swing video, I don't consider him to be that laid off at all.

It doesn't take much to ensure we have it down on plane-- and to set our wrists and connect arms to torso for a synchronized downswing.

But notice that the upcoming champions like Fowler and most of his peers have really developed that move. Furyk may have taken it too far, ha. Not many can turn through fast enough to avoid having their hips blocking their hands with his downswing move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgwVArw9xa8

Larry

The best practice swing trainer for this is the "Inside Approach" that Jack Nicklaus endorsed. You can build one for $5. My teaching pro uses one in his lessons.

Larry
    Lerry... I am just curious... why do you have to bring in your teaching pro in every discussion? WTF do you try to prove? you said that you are a "nuke" engineer ? and you don't have the ability to say anything on your own? You don't trust your theory? Tell me how much you know about nuke engineering then I will forward it to my older Bro and he could tell me your knowledge in nuke. BTW he was a director at Detroit Edison (Monroe plant in MI) who is now retired and works for Duke energy in Salem SC... Yes, 38 yrs in Nuke and he knows his Nuke

Lerry... I am just curious... why do you have to bring in your teaching pro in every discussion? WTF do you try to prove? (BS deleted)
    My purpose is always to help others who may be struggling. I quit trying to fix myself out there-- after I realized I had wasted several years doing that. I know now that when I took up golf after tennis I should have embarked on a rigorous training regimen-- lessons, drills, lessons, drills, playing, lessons, etc. and in a few months I would have had a decent handicap-- because I would have been able to hit fairways and greens. I did it wrong and now I'm doing it right and I hope others benefit from my experience.

I realize that what I thought "on my own" was mostly wrong-- as it is for you and everyone except those with the knowledge of the golf swing of a very good golfer and/or teaching pros. So I quote teaching pros. I post my swing videos from those lessons. I hope those have more credibility than just another amateur guessing.

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 02-06-2012 at 04:04 PM.

My purpose is always to help others who may be struggling. I quit trying to fix myself out there-- after I realized I had wasted several years doing that. I know now that when I took up golf after tennis I should have embarked on a rigorous training regimen-- lessons, drills, lessons, drills, playing, lessons, etc. and in a few months I would have had a decent handicap-- because I would have been able to hit fairways and greens. I did it wrong and now I'm doing it right and I hope others benefit from my experience.

I realize that what I thought "on my own" was mostly wrong-- as it is for you and everyone except those with the knowledge of the golf swing of a very good golfer and/or teaching pros. So I quote teaching pros. I post my swing videos from those lessons. I hope those have more credibility than just another amateur guessing.

Larry
    I knew your posts had a higher calling than others around here ...

Now where the f#ck am I?

My purpose is always to help others who may be struggling.
    Your purpose is to feed your narcissism.

I quit trying to fix myself out there-- after I realized I had wasted several years doing that.
    And lying continuously about what success you were having....

I know now that when I took up golf after tennis I should have embarked on a rigorous training regimen-- lessons, drills, lessons, drills, playing, lessons, etc. and in a few months I would have had a decent handicap-- because I would have been able to hit fairways and greens. I did it wrong and now I'm doing it right and I hope others benefit from my experience.
    And yet you claimed to have a more than "decent" handicap on how many occasions?

I realize that what I thought "on my own" was mostly wrong--
    And yet you insulted and disparaged those who tried to tell you that...

as it is for you and everyone except those with the knowledge of the golf swing of a very good golfer and/or teaching pros.
    ...including some very good golfers and instructors.

So I quote teaching pros.
    You paraphrase pros and present what they say as having universal utility when most of it is dealing with your particular faults.

I post my swing videos from those lessons. I hope those have more credibility than just another amateur guessing.
    See: 'The Boy Who Cried "Wolf"'

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry, just ignore that poor boob AB. Your higher calling on Golf DB's is clearly way over his uneducated head.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Lerry... I am just curious... why do you have to bring in your teaching pro in every discussion? WTF do you try to prove? you said that you are a "nuke" engineer ? and you don't have the ability to say anything on your own? You don't trust your theory? Tell me how much you know about nuke engineering then I will forward it to my older Bro and he could tell me your knowledge in nuke. BTW he was a director at Detroit Edison (Monroe plant in MI) who is now retired and works for Duke energy in Salem SC... Yes, 38 yrs in Nuke and he knows his Nuke
    Go easy on him. He started to play late in life and has latched on to professional instruction in order to accelerate his learning curve so that he can play as good as possible with the time he has left as an oxygen-user. On the other hand, there are plenty of guys like me who are self-instructed or have had a few lessons over the years but prefer to work things out by themselves. The internet is a blessing for these types. I can watch the best swings in the world on YouTube and then practice the moves these players make and the positions they get in at my leisure. I was out hitting irons on one of my fields Saturday afternoon and I discovered the Secret of the Universe. Well, not actually that, but the ghost of Ben Hogan was standing in front of me with a club and, as I was preparing to take my iron away in the backswing, he stuck the butt of his iron into my right thigh stopping my backswing and then, without a word (ghosts can't talk so they have to do physical stuff in order to communicate) he took the butt of his iron and moved my hands about 2 inches into an address position that I never used before. And the next 30 balls flew just about perfectly at my target with a distance variation of no more than 10 years and a dispersion of no more than 30 feet. Amazing. Thanks, Ben. Or maybe it was Byron. All those dead f*ckers look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Larry, just ignore that poor boob AB. Your higher calling on Golf DB's is clearly way over his uneducated head.
    Nice try Kiwi, but you'll have to more schmoozing than that to trick Larry into reposting the Tai Ci video.

THE reason we must take lessons is that we have little idea what we really do. Unlike music, which playing I often equate to swinging a golf club, the sound betrays that we are not quite ready for the stage.

Go to any driving range and watch the carnage. Poor boobs are out there ingraining serious mistakes. They get the ball to fly sorta straight a few times out of ten, and think they have it.

Whatever. It is just a hobby sport, after all.

Hey, everyone buy NSRS. It went from $1.15 to $1.49 today! If you had 20k shares, you made enough to buy a Hundai! Some think it is going to $5.00, maybe higher. Jump aboard!

Larry

Larry

THE reason we must take lessons is that we have little idea what we really do. Unlike music, which playing I often equate to swinging a golf club, the sound betrays that we are not quite ready for the stage.

Go to any driving range and watch the carnage. Poor boobs are out there ingraining serious mistakes. They get the ball to fly sorta straight a few times out of ten, and think they have it.

Whatever. It is just a hobby sport, after all.

Hey, everyone buy NSRS. It went from $1.15 to $1.49 today! If you had 20k shares, you made enough to buy a Hundai! Some think it is going to $5.00, maybe higher. Jump aboard!
    Larry

Larry
    Cue Alan G Baker to mark this date and keep us informed of this stock over the next month or so.

Month or so? I will be long out of it in a few days. A week or so ago I saw it touted in all the Pennystock pubs, so I bought 20k shares at .55 and it hit $1.72 this morning. Now hovering around $1.6, likely to hit $2 later this week. Jump aboard!

This stock has solid fundamentals, written up in Bloomberg, and other reputable reports. Check it out.

It is related to NCDL, now only $.31. That could take off when the mkt. notices the relationship. They should go up together.

Larry

Month or so? I will be long out of it in a few days. A week or so ago I saw it touted in all the Pennystock pubs, so I bought 20k shares at .55 and it hit $1.72 this morning. Now hovering around $1.6, likely to hit $2 later this week. Jump aboard!

This stock has solid fundamentals, written up in Bloomberg, and other reputable reports. Check it out.

It is related to NCDL, now only $.31. That could take off when the mkt. notices the relationship. They should go up together.

Larry
    How is this going to help me hit all the fairways and greens?

Now where the f#ck am I?

You really need to remember your own lies...

You first mentioned buying it more than three weeks ago.

And you said its "fundamentals [were] not really that good."
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

How is this going to help me hit all the fairways and greens?
    I don't care whether you buy or not. The volume today was over 22 MILLION shares at $1.60+ each. So whatever you do won't make much difference. It has quickly gotten out of the potential "pump and dump" range of the very small stocks.

But I think NCDL could do the same thing since they two stocks are related. I could be wrong but it is NOT going to zero, so I will get my money back in a few days.

You will be able to hit more fairways due to the ballast of that lump of money in your pocket-- helps us turn our hips! ha

Larry

I don't care whether you buy or not. The volume today was over 22 MILLION shares at $1.60+ each. So whatever you do won't make much difference. It has quickly gotten out of the potential "pump and dump" range of the very small stocks.

But I think NCDL could do the same thing since they two stocks are related. I could be wrong but it is NOT going to zero, so I will get my money back in a few days.

You will be able to hit more fairways due to the ballast of that lump of money in your pocket-- helps us turn our hips! ha

Larry
    Thanks Larry, I'll remember that!

If I don't have a waddfull of cash will a few rocks in my pocket suffice?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thanks Larry, I'll remember that!

If I don't have a waddfull of cash will a few rocks in my pocket suffice?
    You'll have to get Lorenzo's expert opinion on that.

You'll have to get Lorenzo's expert opinion on that.
    The last rock I bought that was small enough to fit in a pocket ended up a total loss. The only way to do worse with that money would be by following Larry's investment advice.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    The last rock I bought that was small enough to fit in a pocket ended up a total loss. The only way to do worse with that money would be by following Larry's investment advice.
    Or book a series of lessons with Larry's teachers. That clement guy wa a total charlatan.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    Or book a series of lessons with Larry's teachers. That clement guy wa a total charlatan.
    And he became a charlatan the moment Larry stopped touting his instruction...

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Thread Information