|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

What's your favorite fast food meal?

Double Double Burger w/ cheese from In & Out
    Large Fries from McDonald's
    Mint Chocolate Chip Shake from Steak & Shake

Damn, I'm hungry!

Burger King's Double Cheeseburger plain and a small fry. Sometimes I get a Senior Discount but only if certain black girls are cashiering.

I have a Sonic Super Burrito nearly every morning. I'm hooked on them. The combination of pork sausage, cheese, tomato, onions and jalapenos just seems to hit me just right.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I have a Sonic Super Burrito nearly every morning. I'm hooked on them. The combination of pork sausage, cheese, tomato, onions and jalapenos just seems to hit me just right.
    I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Burger King's Double Cheeseburger plain and a small fry. Sometimes I get a Senior Discount but only if certain black girls are cashiering.
    The double cheeseburger and small fry reminds me of my high school days. We'd walk from school to the burger king and I'd order that exact combo. The double cheese is still my favorite item at BK. Never liked the Whopper.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Double Double Burger w/ cheese from In & Out
    Large Fries from McDonald's
    Mint Chocolate Chip Shake from Steak & Shake

Damn, I'm hungry!
    Surely NOTHING from McDonalds can make any favorite list?

Even when they try to do healthy stuff (you know wraps/salads and all that crap) they make the worst job of it compared to the other fast food chains.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Some mid 40 cougar that is a one night stand.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

The double cheeseburger and small fry reminds me of my high school days. We'd walk from school to the burger king and I'd order that exact combo. The double cheese is still my favorite item at BK. Never liked the Whopper.
    The reason that is my favourite is that Burger King was the only chain to make its burgers plain and then put all the crap extras on if you request them. I can't stand mustard, ketchup, relish or any kind of sauces. I love onions and other stuff but only if I'm cooking and put them on myself. Burger King's failure rate (the number of times my plain order has come out with sh*t on it other than cheese divided by the total number of plain double cheeboyger orders) is the lowest of any chain I have tested. The worst is McDonald's. The absolute worst McDonalds was a couple of blocks from our apartment in Point Loma. I forget what street it was on but it is very close to where I saw the Albino Deer of San Diego when I was there the last time. In 1975. Ancient San Diego myth has it that one seeing the Albino Deer will have good luck. I'm still able to type on this little machine so the myth is probably true. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Surely NOTHING from McDonalds can make any favorite list?

Even when they try to do healthy stuff (you know wraps/salads and all that crap) they make the worst job of it compared to the other fast food chains.
    Kiwi, maybe things are different in your country but McDonalds is the king of fast food. They do everything right and they are one of the few brands to show improvements in same store sales year after year. They have also grown their market share substantially.

McDonalds has the best fries by far. The Quarter Pounder with cheese is the bomb.

5-guy burger is good.
    I don't think we have "in & out" franchise in the east coast, at least I have not seen it... For sure the name is kind of kinky

I don't remember the last time that I had burger from Burger King or the golden Arch... Hey, I am still trying to lose weight, still walking 2.5 miles during lunch hr , that's a 42 +/-1 minutes walk

Kiwi, maybe things are different in your country but McDonalds is the king of fast food. They do everything right and they are one of the few brands to show improvements in same store sales year after year. They have also grown their market share substantially.

McDonalds has the best fries by far. The Quarter Pounder with cheese is the bomb.
    Nope. I've eaten it in California, the UK, Europe, even in Asia and the one thing they have going for them is the universal consistency of the product. Even if it universally shite.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Nope. I've eaten it in California, the UK, Europe, even in Asia and the one thing they have going for them is the universal consistency of the product. Even if it universally shite.
    I agree kiwi and Fast food = crap

I can't remember the last hamburger I had at a fast food joint. If I'm going to eat food that is bad for me, I'm going to eat good tasting bad food. I'll go yo a bar for a burger. Some place that hand cuts fries with fresh bread and real lettuce and tomatoes that were made to order. Not some place that has frozen meat, shredded lettuce, pre-cut tomatoes, etc.

If I'm in a pinch ill go to a deli or a market. The best are the foreign owned markets. Like Mediterranean. Thai, or Japanese owned.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post

I can't remember the last hamburger I had at a fast food joint. If I'm going to eat food that is bad for me, I'm going to eat good tasting bad food. I'll go yo a bar for a burger. Some place that hand cuts fries with fresh bread and real lettuce and tomatoes that were made to order. Not some place that has frozen meat, shredded lettuce, pre-cut tomatoes, etc.

If I'm in a pinch ill go to a deli or a market. The best are the foreign owned markets. Like Mediterranean. Thai, or Japanese owned.
    Well said, fast food is a litmus test of sloppy American ignorance. The Asian and Persian markets here are the best. Between them and Costco you can avoid supermarkets entirely.

How's your regimen going? Fitness is really the essential part and more and more heavy load resistance training is looking like the key to stoking metabolism. I've been doing two a days the last couple of weeks preparing for a physically demanding vacation. I still haven't golfed this year.

See, this is a contributory post inviting sarcasm and wiseassedness from other members.

It takes a village.
    GR lives...

Yesterday I went to Subway and had the roasted turkey 6-inch with every single vegetable topping available and only mustard as a topping with no cheese. I made sure they added lots of pepperchinis as well.

It tasted fantastic, filled me up and amounted to about 350 to 400 calories. That's the only thing I ate for lunch. I'm getting close to breaking under 160. A few more days.

Nothing wrong with having fast food on occassion and enjoying life. I simply don't eat the entire meal. I realize that most people don't have that kind of self-control and need to avoid those places completely. Then they criticize the people that CAN go there and eat in moderation because they wish they were like them.

It's like the guy who got cancer smoking cigarettes, quit and then started attacking everyone who smokes. No credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Well said, fast food is a litmus test of sloppy American ignorance. The Asian and Persian markets here are the best. Between them and Costco you can avoid supermarkets entirely.

How's your regimen going? Fitness is really the essential part and more and more heavy load resistance training is looking like the key to stoking metabolism. I've been doing two a days the last couple of weeks preparing for a physically demanding vacation. I still haven't golfed this year.

See, this is a contributory post inviting sarcasm and wiseassedness from other members.

It takes a village.
    Regimen is going well. I did the two weeks of non-gluten diet. I went off it for a week introducing wheat and other foods back into the diet. I don't feel bad when I eat wheat products but I have gained a few pounds back. So, I made the comment to my wife this morning that I'm going back to a mostly green, very little wheat, and lean protein. I don't have a problem eating this way if I can plan a bit. It's the late night, get up early late for work days that are tough. Not many places to eat correctly in the US.

I've been doing the HR monitor work outs like you suggested. My workouts aren't grueling like a boot camp class but I keep up a steady pace. I did 7'-30" ladders from 1-4 reps two days ago on legs. I've been walking like Camp Freddy had his way with me. I did about 70 back lunges - each leg with the versa slider, 80-100 single leg roman dead lifts (no weight) on each leg, over 100 free squats with a 28lbs sand bag, about 5 minutes of jump squats, or an attempt at jumping. It was about 45 minutes of exercise with 8 minutes of rest. My heart rate was between 140-165 during the exercises and back down to 100 within 1 minute during the rests. The only exception was the jump squats. They kicked my bu.tt. It was the last set an my legs were blown. I was between 160-170 for the whole five minutes.

I've also been doing a bunch of one hand kettlebell or dumbell exercises. They are great because you can go from one arm to the other with out rest. You can basically blast through stuff and keep your heart rate around 150 the whole time. This just confirms with I've thought. With a little organization of your workout you can achieve both cardio and strength training at the same time. When the weather start to cooperated I'm going to start my jump rope tabatas again.

I too have only golfed once this winter. I did chip and putt a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I could make a proper pivot today, my legs hurt so bad. In the next month or so I'll transition my workouts to more medicine ball / plyo type exercises so I can golf without being sore or stiff. I'll start running, biking, etc.

Oh, yes, fast food sucks.

Yesterday I went to Subway and had the roasted turkey 6-inch with every single vegetable topping available and only mustard as a topping with no cheese. I made sure they added lots of pepperchinis as well.

It tasted fantastic, filled me up and amounted to about 350 to 400 calories. That's the only thing I ate for lunch. I'm getting close to breaking under 160. A few more days.

Nothing wrong with having fast food on occassion and enjoying life. I simply don't eat the entire meal. I realize that most people don't have that kind of self-control and need to avoid those places completely. Then they criticize the people that CAN go there and eat in moderation because they wish they were like them.

It's like the guy who got cancer smoking cigarettes, quit and then started attacking everyone who smokes. No credibility.
    Subway is alright, still too much bread. Cipotle's has a good salad if you don't eat the dressing or add dairy. My point is you are an adult and obviously have money. Why not got to an establishment owned by individuals and cook food to order? It's usually only a few bucks more per meal and you can eat healthier. Each his own. Enjoy your fast food.

Curious, FD. What do you do for a living? You seem to bring up fast food establishments. Is this related to your career?

Subway is alright, still too much bread. Cipotle's has a good salad if you don't eat the dressing or add dairy. My point is you are an adult and obviously have money. Why not got to an establishment owned by individuals and cook food to order? It's usually only a few bucks more per meal and you can eat healthier. Each his own. Enjoy your fast food.

Curious, FD. What do you do for a living? You seem to bring up fast food establishments. Is this related to your career?

It's actually quite a bit more expensive if you go to a sit down restaurant. Plus, I'm usually on the run and in general I don't like spending a lot of time on eating and dining.

I bring up fast food establishments because I used to do corporate real estate for an oil company and built gas stations/c-stores and we did some co-branding with a few quick serve restaurants. So, I know a few things about the industry.

Regimen is going well. I did the two weeks of non-gluten diet. I went off it for a week introducing wheat and other foods back into the diet. I don't feel bad when I eat wheat products but I have gained a few pounds back. So, I made the comment to my wife this morning that I'm going back to a mostly green, very little wheat, and lean protein. I don't have a problem eating this way if I can plan a bit. It's the late night, get up early late for work days that are tough. Not many places to eat correctly in the US.

I've been doing the HR monitor work outs like you suggested. My workouts aren't grueling like a boot camp class but I keep up a steady pace. I did 7'-30" ladders from 1-4 reps two days ago on legs. I've been walking like Camp Freddy had his way with me. I did about 70 back lunges - each leg with the versa slider, 80-100 single leg roman dead lifts (no weight) on each leg, over 100 free squats with a 28lbs sand bag, about 5 minutes of jump squats, or an attempt at jumping. It was about 45 minutes of exercise with 8 minutes of rest. My heart rate was between 140-165 during the exercises and back down to 100 within 1 minute during the rests. The only exception was the jump squats. They kicked my bu.tt. It was the last set an my legs were blown. I was between 160-170 for the whole five minutes.

I've also been doing a bunch of one hand kettlebell or dumbell exercises. They are great because you can go from one arm to the other with out rest. You can basically blast through stuff and keep your heart rate around 150 the whole time. This just confirms with I've thought. With a little organization of your workout you can achieve both cardio and strength training at the same time. When the weather start to cooperated I'm going to start my jump rope tabatas again.

I too have only golfed once this winter. I did chip and putt a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I could make a proper pivot today, my legs hurt so bad. In the next month or so I'll transition my workouts to more medicine ball / plyo type exercises so I can golf without being sore or stiff. I'll start running, biking, etc.

Oh, yes, fast food sucks.
    Same here, at some point I can golf without it affecting conditioning and vice-versa. Right now I'm honestly enjoying my two a days.

I'm not real weight focused although I would like to get my fat % down a little but not through weight loss as much as adding muscle. It's now widely accepted the best way to control weight is by increasing metabolism through muscle gain. Incidental to that is a growing body of research suggesting heavy weight training releases HGH and testosterone greatly slowing down and possibly reversing the aging process somewhat. Plus, on a more shallow level you look cool.

Here's a link to a discussion on approaches to fat burning vs. aerobic conditioning with links to further discussions and studies if you want to dig that deep. There's so much misinformation out there you almost have to work your way back to credible studies and then experiment. I do HIIT training a couple of days a week and otherwise spend most of my training time at 90%+-. But heavy weights, I try not to get too aerobic as the point is to break down and then build muscle.

http://correct-weight-loss.net/2011/...r-weight-loss/
    GR lives...

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...f-noodle-soup/

U may hate the restaurant but I know that 99.99% of those try VNmese Pho love it. According to this website, it has 400+/- calories, depending on small, medium or large bowl... Sh$$$$t, I could go for one medium bowl right now

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post

U may hate the restaurant but I know that 99.99% of those try VNmese Pho love it. According to this website, it has 400+/- calories, depending on small, medium or large bowl... Sh$$$$t, I could go for one medium bowl right now
    No question, it's a great lunch.
    GR lives...

I tried Pho for the first time when I was in Vegas recently and I thought it was pretty good. I think I could have ordered a better meal but i was pleasantly surprised.

I generally don't eat fast food as I think it's mostly high calorie/sodium crap, but I wish In & Out would open on the right coast. Love those perfectly toasted buns and the burgers' not too bad. I do make a trip to I&O when I visit the kids on the left coast, but if I am in the mood for fast food, I usually hit up my local sushi place for a few take out rolls.

Pky....5 guys is the worst of the worst $hit I've ever eaten. After sliding around on the greasy floor between the peanut shells, my soggy, sloppy FRIED burger was returned to the counter after 2 bites. They did not return my money and I promptly walked out.
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

After working construction many years on the road, we always looked for a little mom and pop cafe. Best burgers always fried on a griddle. Working mans food.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jmtbkr View Post
    Pky....5 guys is the worst of the worst $hit I've ever eaten. After sliding around on the greasy floor between the peanut shells, my soggy, sloppy FRIED burger was returned to the counter after 2 bites. They did not return my money and I promptly walked out.
    I am told that 5-guy is good, never try it... maybe I don't want to waste money. Around my house, there is a Peru chicken house which is very very good

http://thechickenhouserestaurant.com/

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/330/1337...use-LLC-Newark

I tried Pho for the first time when I was in Vegas recently and I thought it was pretty good. I think I could have ordered a better meal but i was pleasantly surprised.
    FD... San Diego has a large population of VNmese where you could find excellent Pho there... I've been there with my friends, don't remember exactly location but you should be able to Google it. Best place is still Little Saigon in Westmister

Here's were we eat:
    http://mysparerib.com/

killer burgers - the chicken is awesome - and of course, the ribs!!!
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

You want fast food burgers?????

Google the Heatattack grill and check out the images

You want fast food burgers?????

Google the Heatattack grill and check out the images

Recently in the news. Americana at its best.

You do have to suffer through the harebrained media report.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/real...urant-15708937
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Recently in the news. Americana at its best.

You do have to suffer through the harebrained media report.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/real...urant-15708937

I've never liked gigantic burgers or huge portions of food. I'd rather eat something really good in the right portion size.

Here's were we eat:
    http://mysparerib.com/

killer burgers - the chicken is awesome - and of course, the ribs!!!
    That looks good... I think BBQ in Houston TX is the best, maybe Dallas area as well... big Dave can attest to this. I think it's better than BBQ in Nashville or Memphis TN

I've never liked gigantic burgers or huge portions of food. I'd rather eat something really good in the right portion size.
    I am with you... Drinking is the same thing, that's why I am drinking (yes now) $150/bottle of Hennessy XO, expensive but it lasts 6-8 months... Just sip it... huummmm, so goooooood

To those who live in San Diego, this Minh Ky restaurant is probably the best Chinese restaurant .... I was there a few years ago and the Chinese noodle soup was very very good

http://www.yelp.com/biz/minh-ky-chin...tnamese%20food

For VNmese restaurant, too many in San Diego, most are good... when I go out for dinner in CA, I will search for restaurants where they serve "Oven-baked catfish or roasted catfish"... if we go with a group of 4-5, then 7-course beef style is the place to go, but most of the time we just order 5-course beef style for dinner... you just can't find anything even remotely close to this true VNmese food.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...an+Diego%2C+CA

To those who live in San Diego, this Minh Ky restaurant is probably the best Chinese restaurant .... I was there a few years ago and the Chinese noodle soup was very very good

http://www.yelp.com/biz/minh-ky-chin...tnamese%20food

For VNmese restaurant, too many in San Diego, most are good... when I go out for dinner in CA, I will search for restaurants where they serve "Oven-baked catfish or roasted catfish"... if we go with a group of 4-5, then 7-course beef style is the place to go, but most of the time we just order 5-course beef style for dinner... you just can't find anything even remotely close to this true VNmese food.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...an+Diego%2C+CA
    The Chili's restaurant chain used to have catfish on their menu. You could get it deep fried or blackened Cajun style. Cajun style was my dish. Then they took it off the menu a couple of years ago. We don't go to Chili's much anymore. The best fish dish I ever had was at a real Chinese restaurant near Center City Philadelphia in the early 1970's. My cousin worked with an authentic Chinese immigrant from somewhere near Peking and she ordered the dinner a week before our reservation. The highlight was a freaking huge sea bass steamed to perfection and served in a silver server. The fish was whole and probably weighed 20 pounds. I think I ate half of it since only a few others of our party of twelve liked fish. Recently in Atlantic City I had another very good Asian fish dish at the P.F. Chang chain restaurant. The dish was called "Hot Fish" and featured lightly breaded chunks of a tasty white fish seasoned with a fine sauce that had a lot of Chinese chile in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    The Chili's restaurant chain used to have catfish on their menu. You could get it deep fried or blackened Cajun style. Cajun style was my dish. Then they took it off the menu a couple of years ago. We don't go to Chili's much anymore. The best fish dish I ever had was at a real Chinese restaurant near Center City Philadelphia in the early 1970's. My cousin worked with an authentic Chinese immigrant from somewhere near Peking and she ordered the dinner a week before our reservation. The highlight was a freaking huge sea bass steamed to perfection and served in a silver server. The fish was whole and probably weighed 20 pounds. I think I ate half of it since only a few others of our party of twelve liked fish. Recently in Atlantic City I had another very good Asian fish dish at the P.F. Chang chain restaurant. The dish was called "Hot Fish" and featured lightly breaded chunks of a tasty white fish seasoned with a fine sauce that had a lot of Chinese chile in it.
    Mongrel... by my standard PFChang is junk chinese food, they cook for American. 10 yrs ago when I was in Phoenix AZ a white female marketing manager invited me out for lunch and that's where we went, it's a nice atmosphere but food was junk by my standard . She asked for my opinion and I was polite to say "it's not bad"... Here are a few pix of oven-baked catfish VNmese style, I don't think the Chinese cooks this way... not sure if you could even find it in Baltimore... May Be in DC (Eden Center off rt.50)

I do a search for you in Baltimore but it's hard to tell, most of them use the name "Pho XXXXX" but they serve more than just Pho, it's just the name that most Americans know. You and your wife could have a great dinner there, at a very reasonable $$

http://local.yahoo.com/MD/Baltimore/...se+Restaurants

If you have a chance to go to Fall Church then I could recommend a few EXCELLENT restaurants there

http://edencenter.com/

Viet Royale is one of my favorite restaurant at Eden center
    http://edencenter.com/detail.php?aid...=1&detailid=81
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Pky6471; 02-25-2012 at 02:55 AM.

We have a North China Cuisine place (owned by people from Northern China) that's "sit down" but if you order to go it takes about 10-15 minutes to get your food. Always hot, always great. Not your "typical" American Chinese food. Very authentic and great tasting! I'd do this place over fast food any day. Giant servings worth at least 2 meals for $10. Worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by collegegolfer View Post
    We have a North China Cuisine place (owned by people from Northern China) that's "sit down" but if you order to go it takes about 10-15 minutes to get your food. Always hot, always great. Not your "typical" American Chinese food. Very authentic and great tasting! I'd do this place over fast food any day. Giant servings worth at least 2 meals for $10. Worth it.
    U are from ND so salt and greasy foods are good for you

Thread Information