|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Favorite SNL Sketch

I doubt we could come to a single conclusion on the best SNL sketch since there are so many good ones. So, I posted it as favorite.

I personally a fan of the original SNL crew. I've always been a fan of Gilda Radner and her character Roseanne Roseannadanna. I could list many others but I'm sure all the good ones will be posted.

Having grown up in the 80s and 90s, my preference is the Farley, Sandler, Rock era. Some of my faves are Matt Foley, motivational speaker and the Gap girls.

Will Ferrell's stuff is great as well...specifically his James Lipton impersonation.
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    I doubt we could come to a single conclusion on the best SNL sketch since there are so many good ones. So, I posted it as favorite.

I personally a fan of the original SNL crew. I've always been a fan of Gilda Radner and her character Roseanne Roseannadanna. I could list many others but I'm sure all the good ones will be posted.
    I liked the first and second years and I thought Eddie Murphy was great. I never thought Chevy Chase was funny. Dan Akroyd, John Belushi and Bill Murray were pretty funny.

I know this is not a popular opinion but 90% of SNL was not funny. It's not that I don't get the humor. I do. It's simply not that funny.

However, it's a good show to watch when you've come home from the bars and are fairly buzzed. The stupid skits like "land shark" are really funny when you're tired, a little drunk and have nothing else to do.

I thought the first and second years had a lot of characters that were legitimately funny but only to a certain extent. Most of the time the viewing audience would chuckle at a skit because it was so stupid.

I hope nobody in here thought the Budweiser guys were part of the show.

I loved "The Spirits of Christmas" with Elliot Gould, Belushi, Ackroid, in old London outside a bar. "the spirit of christmas is about Drink, boy!" Late 70s when Belushi was at his best.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    I liked the first and second years and I thought Eddie Murphy was great. I never thought Chevy Chase was funny. Dan Akroyd, John Belushi and Bill Murray were pretty funny.

I know this is not a popular opinion but 90% of SNL was not funny. It's not that I don't get the humor. I do. It's simply not that funny.

However, it's a good show to watch when you've come home from the bars and are fairly buzzed. The stupid skits like "land shark" are really funny when you're tired, a little drunk and have nothing else to do.

I thought the first and second years had a lot of characters that were legitimately funny but only to a certain extent. Most of the time the viewing audience would chuckle at a skit because it was so stupid.

I hope nobody in here thought the Budweiser guys were part of the show.
    I get what you're saying. It's probably because you weren't stoned like the rest of us.

I thought eddie was great but I didn't like the venture away from live performances. It's Saturday Night Live. How is a recording live - WTF?

I loved the original crew. One night back in the mid-seventies, when the show was new, my girlfriend went to bed early with a headache or cramps or who knows what?

I was watching SNL, and I laughed aloud so hard that I woke her from a sound sleep. She walked into the den and flung her pillow right at my head. And she could really throw. She had been an All-ECAC softball player a few years earlier. I actually met her on a golf course.

That was only one of a million reasons why I never held onto a broad very long. And I'm so much nicer to them than most of you misogynists are from the way you write about them!

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I loved the original crew. One night back in the mid-seventies, when the show was new, my girlfriend went to bed early with a headache or cramps or who knows what?

I was watching SNL, and I laughed aloud so hard that I woke her from a sound sleep. She walked into the den and flung her pillow right at my head. And she could really throw. She had been an All-ECAC softball player a few years earlier. I actually met her on a golf course.

That was only one of a million reasons why I never held onto a broad very long. And I'm so much nicer to them than most of you misogynists are from the way you write about them!
    Which sketch?

You probably remember the National Lampoon Radio Hour which was the jump off for many of these comedians and Animal House. Which was one of the best comedies of all times.

I get what you're saying. It's probably because you weren't stoned like the rest of us.

I thought eddie was great but I didn't like the venture away from live performances. It's Saturday Night Live. How is a recording live - WTF?
    Speaking of which, the guy who shared my cart on Saturday drank about 6 beers and was smoking weed on several holes. I smelled it immediately and I said "damn, is someone smoking doobage?" He said, yeah that's me. I hope you don't mind. I said "not at all".

Predictably, at one point he made the argument that smoking was better for you than drinking. Since he was doing both I didn't get the point. Here's a photo I took of him. The rest of the guys didn't look like this at all. Apparently he does work for NASA:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z abaker.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	2840  

Seems incomplete. If they're going to emulate hip-hop, shouldn't they hold their pants up with one hand?

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

This one got a couple of chuckles: http://www.hulu.com/watch/1603/satur...ort-united-way

After watching this SNL skit, Michael Bolton became my hero when I thought he was lame before...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/239640/sat...t-jack-sparrow

Which sketch?

You probably remember the National Lampoon Radio Hour which was the jump off for many of these comedians and Animal House. Which was one of the best comedies of all times.
    I think that it may have been Ackroyd and Steve Martin as the two wild and crazy guys. At the very end of the sketch, Belushi walked on as one of their uncles, walking and shaking his hands as they did, and that put me over the top.

Animal House was a classic. I watch it at least once a year.

1. "Jane, you ignorant s1ut!"

2. Lord and Lady Douchebag

3. "What the he11 is that?" (1st rendition of Carl Spakler)

4. Theodoric of York, medievel barber.

5. "Are you from Joisey?! I'm from Joisey!"

6. Samurai Delicatessen
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

What the hell, all you guys forget about the bass-o-matic?
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    After watching this SNL skit, Michael Bolton became my hero when I thought he was lame before...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/239640/sat...t-jack-sparrow
    Solid links, Spank.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Solid links, Spank.
    Thanks Zo...

None of these jokers are giving links...

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    What the hell, all you guys forget about the bass-o-matic?

crumbs! I totally forgot. That and his rendition of Julia Childs was totally awsem!
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

My favorite SNL segment was when Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder got locked in that cell with Grossburger.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    My favorite SNL segment was when Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder got locked in that cell with Grossburger.
    That was the movie Stir Crazy

The only funny sketch to ever air on SNL... I give you.....shirt in a can. http://www.hulu.com/watch/285292/sat...shirt-in-a-can
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer View Post
    The only funny sketch to ever air on SNL... I give you.....shirt in a can. http://www.hulu.com/watch/285292/sat...shirt-in-a-can

It's why I work out.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    It's why I work out.
    You are obviously referencing this video we have all seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    You are obviously referencing this video we have all seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE
    The amazing thing about videos like that is almost all the scenes are 1-2 seconds. Alot of time and work. We're definitely in the age of abs although my commercial lead-in showed a series of 2,000 calorie options at Fridays.
    GR lives...

Thread Information