|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Anyone familiar with this shaft?

I think SoftR is = senior shaft... I have a 12* Cally GBB senior shaft and I could not tell the difference between that and R-flex. 12* plays no difference than 10.5* same head

There is a 905R that comes with this 4550 shaft . if price is cheap I my pick it up just for fun

Titleist 4550 by GDI
    Flex L, SoftR, R, S, X
    Flex point Mid
    Torque 5.0
    Weight 54, 55, 57, 58, 59

I've got a Titleist 983K with that same shaft. Goes a mile but I can't keep it on the golf course, and the misses are in either direction.

But it's a launcher, no doubt about it, so it's worth a try. At least half of my driver problems are in my head anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I've got a Titleist 983K with that same shaft. Goes a mile but I can't keep it on the golf course, and the misses are in either direction.

But it's a launcher, no doubt about it, so it's worth a try. At least half of my driver problems are in my head anyway.
    Thanks Nifty... will give it a shot if the price is right

Its a crap shaft unless you are 12 years old or an obese woman with a swing speed of 49.875 mph. If the club is cheap enough, the head is worth around $50 if it is in good shape.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Its a crap shaft unless you are 12 years old or an obese woman with a swing speed of 49.875 mph. If the club is cheap enough, the head is worth around $50 if it is in good shape.
    Thanks Mongrel... someone already bought it for $30 + $12 shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    Thanks Mongrel... someone already bought it for $30 + $12 shipping
    My wife got me a 905R with that same shaft from Ebay (3Balls) last year. It was about $50 but I just wanted the head which is 11.5*, a rare loft for 905R's. That 4550 soft R is still around in my basement furnace room/den/library/music studio/club workshop and has not yet been glued into any head but I was maybe going to tip it drastically and put it into a fairway wood head. Thanks for starting this thread because now I remember what I wanted to do with it.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

That 4550 soft R is still around in my basement furnace room/den/library/music studio/club workshop and has not yet been glued into any head but I was maybe going to tip it drastically and put it into a fairway wood head.
    My sister-in-law used to call that kind of room a "man cave."

It was a while before I learned that "man cave" was a fairly common term and not her own creation.

Anyway, I cannot imagine how a married man could have any kind of peace at all without such a refuge.

For a single guy, that's his entire house, but a married guy really needs that. Dog always welcome.
    Son maybe. Wife, daughter, mother, other broad never. It's a place where you do, watch, listen to, read, eat, or drink what you want, comfortably, and you don't get ragged on.

I believe that in some progressive-minded states, it's legal to strangle your wife if she comes into your man cave to give you grief.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    My sister-in-law used to call that kind of room a "man cave."

It was a while before I learned that "man cave" was a fairly common term and not her own creation.

Anyway, I cannot imagine how a married man could have any kind of peace at all without such a refuge.

For a single guy, that's his entire house, but a married guy really needs that. Dog always welcome.
    Son maybe. Wife, daughter, mother, other broad never. It's a place where you do, watch, listen to, read, eat, or drink what you want, comfortably, and you don't get ragged on.

I believe that in some progressive-minded states, it's legal to strangle your wife if she comes into your man cave to give you grief.
    Mine is actually the southwest corner of the basement of our 1963 split level. It contains the furnace, hot water heater, circuit breaker box and sump pump. The guy who sold it had an old steel double pedestal desk like you would have seen in any
    1950's government office from DC to Moscow with a linoleum like top. He offered to have it gone by settlement but I took one look at it and told him to just leave it. My wife wondered why but I knew that just by having that big old nasty desk there I had staked claim to the one space in the house that was all mine. And it still is. My avatar will sometimes come in when I am reading and listening to music which is every night to beg for biscuits. When my wife comes in to let me know she is retiring, the dog growls at her until I tell him that it's OK. In that small room I have most of my golf club components and tools and supplies, almost all my guitars and amplifieers and accessories, and my guns and supplies so it is a bit crowded. I used to have a portable black and white TV there so I could watch football games while playing my guitars but then the Motherf*cking Government had to go f*ck it all up by mandating a switch to digital TV. Dumb bastards. Stupid Cocks*ckers.

Mongrel, or anyone else, do you know anything about the Graphite Design Pershing shaft? Today I saw a Titleist 905R, 9.5 Degree, with this shaft in stiff flex. I took it out to the range and it didn't feel stiff at all. I tried that club as well as a Callaway FT-9 Tour i-mix with Aldila DVS Stiff. The Callaway was longer but I can't say I liked the look.

The 905R with the GD Pershing sure felt great. It was hard to tell because the wind was blowing a bit. It was at Del Mar but I didn't see Larry anywhere.
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Mongrel, or anyone else, do you know anything about the Graphite Design Pershing shaft? Today I saw a Titleist 905R, 9.5 Degree, with this shaft in stiff flex. I took it out to the range and it didn't feel stiff at all. I tried that club as well as a Callaway FT-9 Tour i-mix with Aldila DVS Stiff. The Callaway was longer but I can't say I liked the look.

The 905R with the GD Pershing sure felt great. It was hard to tell because the wind was blowing a bit. It was at Del Mar but I didn't see Larry anywhere.
    Very good shaft. I had a 75 stiff in an lod driver and it was very solid without being boardy. They are lowish torque/mid kickpoint/tip stiff shafts designed for stroner players. I could swing mine easy and still load, but also jump on it without losing control.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

My wife got me a 905R with that same shaft from Ebay (3Balls) last year. It was about $50 but I just wanted the head which is 11.5*, a rare loft for 905R's. That 4550 soft R is still around in my basement furnace room/den/library/music studio/club workshop and has not yet been glued into any head but I was maybe going to tip it drastically and put it into a fairway wood head. Thanks for starting this thread because now I remember what I wanted to do with it.
    Yes, it was 11.5* head with that senior shaft

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post

Never hit a Pershing but I've wanted one bad for a long time. Graphite Design stopped making them two or more years ago I think. There's a private golf supplies shop near me that has lots of new-old stock shafts but the guy still wants like $80 a pop for his Pershings. Every once in awhile they'll put some old shafts in one of those huge display leather tour bags out front with drastic markdowns. I go there every month or so to see if there are any bargains. Expect maybe to see a Pershing sometime before I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    Yes, it was 11.5* head with that senior shaft
    I think almost all of the 11.5's had that shaft since that head was targeted to chicks and geezers although one guy on the PGA tour played one for awhile, Nick Watney. The most fun shaft I had in mine was a Maltby MPF regular flex (bought through the Golfworks website, a company Malty owns) that weighs about 60 grams cut with about 4.0* torque. Not a bad shaft for $35 and with that one fully inserted in the 11.5* R head, I could hit high booming hooks with great carry at the range. I would laugh my *ss off watching the trajectories. Foolishly, I pulled that shaft but may put it back in that head.

Thread Information