|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    17

    played yesterday... i know how the hell did that happen

    just ran to the local muni.... good stiff breeze all day and about 66... a 79 was the net result.. good thing it was an easy course or it would have been those numbers reversed. nasty ugly unplayable hook with the driver, wedges were pushed some 20 yards right of most greens which would mean about 30 yards wide of target???? NO IDEA???

    Long irons were money though... hit the deuce twice both were struck very purely... two birdies... one just lucky chip shot that if it didnt hit the pin it would have run 8 feet past (ball in a rocky lie, made myself play it because i missed the green from 80 yards) the other a short par three that yielded a 2 foot birdie putt... i shouldnt claim it because one of the choppers with me just picked it up and tossed it to me. i hate it when people dont even ask you if you want it.

    not terrible considering i havent touched the sticks in several months ( not even chipping at the house ), but it was fun to get out and swing the sticks again.

    I hope everyone's new year is going well..
    my game plan is to get back into some decent form by the middle of summer and then maybe make a road trip across the country (wife and kids are going to alaska and then japan so i have some FREE time) stopping in alabama and playing a RTJ, hopefully running into the DRIVERS for a round in HISKANSAS, swinging into dallas to get my free GOLF CHANNEL VIDEO featuring the greatest golfer i know ME, with DPERKINS. then i'm gonna drop the car at my brothers in lufkin, play a round with him and then fly to LA to meet a friend. THERE WILL BE NO TIME ON THE RETURN FOR GOLF but hopefully i will have played enough to get me back.

    THIS is a rough sketch of things but it sure looks good on paper.

    Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    19
    I have had a problem pushing my wedges right of target as well. I don't do it with my other irons, just the wedges. I have no clue either.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I have had a problem pushing my wedges right of target as well. I don't do it with my other irons, just the wedges. I have no clue either.
    Having the ball too far back in the stance maybe? Not giving the face a chance to square up?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Having the ball too far back in the stance maybe? Not giving the face a chance to square up?

    I do play it back in my stance. I'll try moving it up and see if that solves the problem.

    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I do play it back in my stance. I'll try moving it up and see if that solves the problem.

    Good luck, just don't overdo it. A small adjustment is usually all that is required. If you move it too far forward all you'll do is end up hitting it fat.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  6. #6

    Smile this is mine !

    We must study how to solve problems,Don't ignore it.Facing it!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    17
    i'm not sure what it is but i plan on figuring it out... i'll look into that ball position
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Grey Walls
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    11
    I spent most of last year with my wedge shots going left of target. Thought it was an OTT move until while getting fitted this winter the fitter told me I was aimed left with my shoulders (feet were square to slightly open). Did not feel that way at all. To compensate I came from the inside more and would either push my shots or hook especially in the longer irons.

    Sounds like a great itinerary, Omen
    Last edited by JonT; 02-21-2009 at 04:00 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Burnham and Berrow
    Posts
    3,659
    Rep Power
    16
    Hi Omen

    Good round. Suppose you have to be grateful that the force (Mizzy) is still with you.

    Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bear Creek DFW
    Posts
    3,741
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    just ran to the local muni.... good stiff breeze all day and about 66... a 79 was the net result.. good thing it was an easy course or it would have been those numbers reversed. nasty ugly unplayable hook with the driver, wedges were pushed some 20 yards right of most greens which would mean about 30 yards wide of target???? NO IDEA???

    Long irons were money though... hit the deuce twice both were struck very purely... two birdies... one just lucky chip shot that if it didnt hit the pin it would have run 8 feet past (ball in a rocky lie, made myself play it because i missed the green from 80 yards) the other a short par three that yielded a 2 foot birdie putt... i shouldnt claim it because one of the choppers with me just picked it up and tossed it to me. i hate it when people dont even ask you if you want it.

    not terrible considering i havent touched the sticks in several months ( not even chipping at the house ), but it was fun to get out and swing the sticks again.

    I hope everyone's new year is going well..
    my game plan is to get back into some decent form by the middle of summer and then maybe make a road trip across the country (wife and kids are going to alaska and then japan so i have some FREE time) stopping in alabama and playing a RTJ, hopefully running into the DRIVERS for a round in HISKANSAS, swinging into dallas to get my free GOLF CHANNEL VIDEO featuring the greatest golfer i know ME, with DPERKINS. then i'm gonna drop the car at my brothers in lufkin, play a round with him and then fly to LA to meet a friend. THERE WILL BE NO TIME ON THE RETURN FOR GOLF but hopefully i will have played enough to get me back.

    THIS is a rough sketch of things but it sure looks good on paper.

    Omen
    I'll make you look GOOD, nemo.. :-) come on down
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    17
    well dave when you have perfect to work with it's easy to make a quality video. and then there will be me holding the Mizuno's (perfection) as well... WIN WIN if you ask me.

    thanks edgey... only the mizzy force was with me the titleist, cleveland forces were absent to include the Cameron force...

    it felt bad to scrape the ball around the course like i did..... what's worse is on all these not so pure shots the guys with me are saying oh that'll play or good shot... i've got more sway in my hips than well someone who has a lot of sway in their hips.

    Had Erica watch a few swings and it's the first thing she noticed. that could be something to sort out.

    im optomistic still, i can only improve from here.

    DAVE keep the camera handy, looks like its gonna be somewhere around the end of june. Erica and kids fly to alaska on the 24th.

    Omen....
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    23
    It's really bad when Omen is playing more than me. If I can convince a buddy of mine to meet me at the SPCC, and if the SPCC is actually open, I'm planning on playing tomorrow. First time since January 2nd. I'm fukcing thrilled at the possibility, even if it's only going to be 9 holes. Anything under 45 will be an acceptable score. My new irons haven't touched a real golf ball yet.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    17
    good luck with that.. what irons do you have... what have i missed?
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    good luck with that.. what irons do you have... what have i missed?
    These. I will still keep the Mizzy's as a second set though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wentworth-by-the-Sea
    Posts
    3,224
    Rep Power
    15

    The 770CFEs would have been more fun to play, Hoss.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick

    The 770CFEs would have been more fun to play, Hoss.
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wentworth-by-the-Sea
    Posts
    3,224
    Rep Power
    15
    Best Wishon model on the market!
    And I've got a set to sell!

    Here's the deal, Hoss. I shouldn't be so quick to admit it, but I played blades for years because cavity backs were not yet invented.

    Blades hit the ball all over the place.

    Cavity backs hit it straight.

    In the end, it's really that simple!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Burnham and Berrow
    Posts
    3,659
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Camp Freddy just spunked up in my mouth a little.
    Thats interesting Donkeynuts

    Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    17
    nice sticks HB.... i know better than to doubt you.

    how are they.... OH YEAH you don't know yet... sorry

    Omen... it might be time for me to get some new sticks....
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    nice sticks HB.... i know better than to doubt you.

    how are they.... OH YEAH you don't know yet... sorry

    Omen... it might be time for me to get some new sticks....
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I went in for an exhausting fitting session to get my current set optimized without the intention of getting new irons. The fitting suggested I could pick up about a club in distance without losing accuracy (actually gaining a bit) if I got the right shaft. The new heads were more of an afterthought and didn't cost a ton more than adjusting my current set. I really did no research whatsoever when I shafted the Mizzy's with project X. If you're liking the MP-32's, stick with them. We both know they are awesome.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    17
    i'm wanting to get into something with a thinner sole.... love the 32's but compared to the ta1 2i the 32's 3i sole looks massive...

    so what shaft did you go with in the wishons?
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    i'm wanting to get into something with a thinner sole.... love the 32's but compared to the ta1 2i the 32's 3i sole looks massive...

    so what shaft did you go with in the wishons?
    KBS Tour. Lorenzo's got them in his new irons and has actually played several rounds with them. The numbers looked really good, but I've only hit a small bucket of range rocks with them.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    17
    tour spec tapered or parallel tip or the tour 90's? and i just checked the closest distributor for me is in myrtle beach.... sucks...
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    tour spec tapered or parallel tip or the tour 90's? and i just checked the closest distributor for me is in myrtle beach.... sucks...
    I don't know, I'll have to look at them.
    Hopefully tomorrow when I'm knocking down flagsticks.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    27
    Awesome looking set of sticks HB. It almost makes me think about retracting my support of BJ's summary of Tom Wishon, but not quite. I'll be interested hearing how the new shafts perform.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    11,934
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    These. I will still keep the Mizzy's as a second set though.
    Those look awesome. With the KBS Tours they ought to be alot of fun. If you haven't played in a while, don't expect too much. With my KZG heads they like downward strikes (even if just a little) and center face contact. Once you get a feel for them on the course, they're a blast.

    Did your clubfitter put the labels on them? Mine did and they scream a little too much (big and orange with black letters) so I might take them off.
    GR lives...

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    tour spec tapered or parallel tip or the tour 90's? and i just checked the closest distributor for me is in myrtle beach.... sucks...
    Pretty sure the wishon heads are a .370 (parallel) bore.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPC at Sawgrass - Stadium Course
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Those look awesome. With the KBS Tours they ought to be alot of fun. If you haven't played in a while, don't expect too much. With my KZG heads they like downward strikes (even if just a little) and center face contact. Once you get a feel for them on the course, they're a blast.

    Did your clubfitter put the labels on them? Mine did and they scream a little too much (big and orange with black letters) so I might take them off.

    Did you have to do any counterweighting to your irons after you put KBS Tours in them? I'm waiting for a little bit more money in the bank before I drop the cash to have them put in my MP-60's and I've read several times that people have needed to.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    11,934
    Rep Power
    27
    I don't think so, but the clubfitter doesn't tell me everything he does and I don't ask. I'll see what he says.
    GR lives...

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    http://www.bransoncreekgolf.com/
    Posts
    3,650
    Rep Power
    18
    they simply look like satinized cleveland cg1s to me.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    23
    I played 16 holes today in just over 2 hours. I had stone hands with the putter, but that is to be expected with a long layoff. Doing the math I was 9 over. Probably a legitimate 6 over if I didn't 3 putt from everywhere, which isn't terrible for the first time out.
    The Wishons did pretty good, overall. I started out hitting bad slices off the tee on the first 2 holes, so the only thing I found about my new irons on those is that they can pitch out sideways pretty well. I hit 3 long irons today and they were all sweet. A 3 iron to our toughest par 4 that set up a simple 2 putt par. A 4 iron off the tee that was just perfect on a doglog left par 5. Nice little stinger. A 4 iron on our long par 3 that left a kick in birdie. Probably my second best shot ever on that hole. I think I'll grow to like TLT, but all my clubs did seem noticeably longer.
    They do launch a little higher than my PX Mizzy's but I like it. It's hard to say how they performed distance-wise since I haven't played in forever, but they seemed to be mid-season distance already. The KBS Tours were definitely smoother than the PX.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPC at Sawgrass - Stadium Course
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    17
    That makes me very happy to hear. I'm just waiting for a little bit more fun money before I drop the cash to have mine reshafted.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What the hell does GFF mean?
    By NiftyNiblick in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 09:22 AM
  2. Played my Hogan Apex blades yesterday!
    By rms25thta in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 12:02 PM
  3. where the hell is...
    By theidioticbizarre in forum Non-Golf Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 03:00 PM
  4. How In Hell Is That Possible !!!
    By Tsukihime in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 10:48 AM
  5. Played 9 Yesterday, Some Beginner Questions
    By david613m in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 06:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •