|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: do NOT grow old

do NOT grow old

I've been a busy lad over the past few months, and some may have noticed it was unusually chilly in Texas for a while as well... white Christmas, the whole works..

anyways, haven't hit a ball in almost two months, so today was the day to get back to the range. Hit them surprisingly well considering the rust and slop, but....

one large bucket later, my frickin' legs were wobbly and the point of my left shoulder felt like someone ballpeened it... and my right elbow felt dislocated...

Good LORD nobody told me how awful it is to get old...

do NOT do it... the accumulated wisdom is NOT worth the price..
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I have some bad news about the elbow if it's like what I did. Not sure if it was from golf or overdoing bicep curls the night before, but on the Sunday following a Saturday round I could just feel pain in the right elbow, on the side that is usually tennis elbow and not golfers elbow (so maybe it was the weights that did it). Anyway, that was about 3 months ago and only now is it getting to the stage where I don't feel anything wrong in there. I'm assuming I had some sort of ligament or tendon damage, but whatever it was it has been very frustrating. It doesn't really affect my ablility to swing a golf club (another indication it wasn't golfer's elbow), but it certainly restricted my movement and strength in that arm, and hurt like fuk if I twisted the arm the wrong way.

I hear ya about getting old. I'm not there yet, but I know the day will eventually come when the little niggles stop going away, and I start the inexorable downhill run into old age. I figure I've got about another ten years at the level I'm at now, then things will start to become noticably different. I've decided to really dedicate myself to golf from now on, just to see how low I can get, and to try to play in some of the big amatuer events. Up until I was 40 I just assumed I had plenty of time left to get good and put off practice and hard work, but now I know the clock is ticking. I'm also trying to do regular exercise as once you pass 40 you lose it if you don't use it.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    overdoing bicep curls the night before,
    Drop down to the 5 LBS. No one will laugh at you...
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

I always warm-up and do some stretching before a game or even range session since experiencing 'tennis' elbow some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Drop down to the 5 LBS. No one will laugh at you...
    I didn't know they made dumbells that light? Are they in the girls section of the gym or something?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I didn't know they made dumbells that light? Are they in the girls section of the gym or something?
    How many reps are you doing? Anything over 5-8 is starting to hit the gay zone. Are you in the gay zone?

I recommend the one armed curl, with a 45lb. 8 foot Olympic bar. You grab the bar in the middle with one arm and start curling; I do 8 reps per arm... well, since it is winter, I am down to about 5-6 reps x 3 sets about once a week.

The beauty of the one arm curl is that your hand and wrist are fighting to keep the bar level, and you develop hand strength, along with forearm strength.

They look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq0G3j5iz2I

The kid above needs a kick in the ass for the gloves, but his form is good.

If one cannot lift that much, use a smaller bar with less weight on it, instead of the big Olympic bar we squat/bench/deadlift with. The 8 foot bar is the best, and your wrists and hands will thank you. One arm curls only.
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 01-21-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    How many reps are you doing? Anything over 5-8 is starting to hit the gay zone. Are you in the gay zone?

I recommend the one armed curl, with a 45lb. 8 foot Olympic bar. You grab the bar in the middle with one arm and start curling; I do 8 reps per arm... well, since it is winter, I am down to about 5-6 reps x 3 sets about once a week.

The beauty of the one arm curl is that your hand and wrist are fighting to keep the bar level, and you develop hand strength, along with forearm strength.

They look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq0G3j5iz2I

The kid above needs a kick in the ass for the gloves, but his form is good.

If one cannot lift that much, use a smaller bar with less weight on it, instead of the big Olympic bar we squat/bench/deadlift with. The 8 foot bar is the best, and your wrists and hands will thank you. One arm curls only.
    I'm surpirsed I've never seen anyone doing that in the gym, but it makes alot of sense. I only have bumbells at home so I'll stick to them for the time bieng. But I have a mate who has a barbell he may let me have.

P.S. I'll believe the 45lb 8 foot bar BS when you post a video.

Geez guys. All this grizzling and groaning about getting old. Honestly would you guys rather be six foot under already? The fact that we are heading towards old age means we've had a good run. Learn to appreciate that and focus positively on the time we have left.

Think of all the young men and women taken early in life by car accident, cancer or war. Never complain about growing old. Some never had the privilege.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I have some bad news about the elbow if it's like what I did. Not sure if it was from golf or overdoing bicep curls the night before, but on the Sunday following a Saturday round I could just feel pain in the right elbow, on the side that is usually tennis elbow and not golfers elbow (so maybe it was the weights that did it). Anyway, that was about 3 months ago and only now is it getting to the stage where I don't feel anything wrong in there. I'm assuming I had some sort of ligament or tendon damage, but whatever it was it has been very frustrating. It doesn't really affect my ablility to swing a golf club (another indication it wasn't golfer's elbow), but it certainly restricted my movement and strength in that arm, and hurt like fuk if I twisted the arm the wrong way.

I hear ya about getting old. I'm not there yet, but I know the day will eventually come when the little niggles stop going away, and I start the inexorable downhill run into old age. I figure I've got about another ten years at the level I'm at now, then things will start to become noticably different. I've decided to really dedicate myself to golf from now on, just to see how low I can get, and to try to play in some of the big amatuer events. Up until I was 40 I just assumed I had plenty of time left to get good and put off practice and hard work, but now I know the clock is ticking. I'm also trying to do regular exercise as once you pass 40 you lose it if you don't use it.
    This is good thinking NAH. Many times I think of how great it would be to turn back the clock, even by ten years to give me more time to improve at the game I love. At my age I am fighting just to manitain the status quo. It is one of my great regrets that I didn't "find" the game until the age of 35. If I had discovered it as a kid I would have really given being a good player a shake.
    I did work very hard at improvement in my forties; purely because I loved playing and practicing so much. Lowering my cap anymore these days is not really realistic.
    My advice to you for what it's worth is to not be too hard on yourself when you are out of form. Don't change everything trying to get a fix. Just patiently work away at what feels right to you and play as much "natural" golf as you can without getting too technical. Good luck with your endevours.
    Last edited by oldplayer; 01-22-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I'm surpirsed I've never seen anyone doing that in the gym, but it makes alot of sense. I only have bumbells at home so I'll stick to them for the time bieng. But I have a mate who has a barbell he may let me have.

P.S. I'll believe the 45lb 8 foot bar BS when you post a video.
    I posted a video of a little Asian dude doing it in my post above. Go see the link. Edit: shoot, the more I look at that video, the more I think it is not a real 45lb Olympic bar... Any opinions on this? It looks like it...

20 years ago, I was curling 130lbs, 8-10 reps... that is nothing. I am 41 years old and can rep an 8 foot, 45lb bar, one handed, around 6-8 times for 3 sets; I am not strong, by any means...

Ask any Military dude; any Military dude would agree with me; or any man.

P.S. You won't see anyone doing that in the gym, because it 'looks' like you are curling nothing; it is the ego, but you are doing more than anyone else; drop the ego, and learn.
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 01-22-2010 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Geez guys. All this grizzling and groaning about getting old. Honestly would you guys rather be six foot under already? The fact that we are heading towards old age means we've had a good run. Learn to appreciate that and focus positively on the time we have left.

Think of all the young men and women taken early in life by car accident, cancer or war. Never complain about growing old. Some never had the privilege.
    Very wise words, Kiwi.

However, it is winter, so we get grumpy. Favre is 40, and he might get to the superbowl.

As a 49er fan, I hate him.

Very wise words, Kiwi.

However, it is winter, so we get grumpy. Favre is 40, and he might get to the superbowl.
    LOL - Fair enough!

I understand. Winter is good for some things though. Why not try skiing?

Now where the f#ck am I?

I posted a video of a little Asian dude doing it in my post above. Go see the link. Edit: shoot, the more I look at that video, the more I think it is not a real 45lb Olympic bar... Any opinions on this? It looks like it...

20 years ago, I was curling 130lbs, 8-10 reps... that is nothing. I am 41 years old and can rep an 8 foot, 45lb bar, one handed, around 6-8 times for 3 sets; I am not strong, by any means...

Ask any Military dude; any Military dude would agree with me; or any man.

P.S. You won't see anyone doing that in the gym, because it 'looks' like you are curling nothing; it is the ego, but you are doing more than anyone else; drop the ego, and learn.
    I saw the link, that's what I was talking about. You're right about the posers in the gym too. I am positively weak compared to most guys in the gym because I go natural and don't get on the juice, but I often wonder how much stronger some of those guys could be if they trained to get stronger. I don't go to the gym any more, but when I did the one piece of equipment that I could always rely on not being used was the chin up bar. Chin ups are probably the single best exercise you can do to build strength (along with squats and dead lifts), but becasue it isn't impressive, and because most heavy guys can only do a few at a time, nobody likes doing them in public. At my peak I could do sets of 8-12, weighing about 92kg. I am now about 94kg but would be flat out trying to do more than 2 or 3.

At my peak I could do sets of 8-12, but would be flat out trying to do more than 2 or 3.
    Agree with this 100%.

I used to love this exercise. Now I shudder at the sight of a chin up bar. If I was able to do 8-10 (6-8 is probably more realistic) in one set I would be done for and wouldn't be able to eek out more than 1 or 2 in the following sets.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    This is good thinking NAH. Many times I think of how great it would be to turn back the clock, even by ten years to give me more time to improve at the game I love. At my age I am fighting just to manitain the status quo. It is one of my great regrets that I didn't "find" the game until the age of 35. If I had discovered it as a kid I would have really given being a good player a shake.
    I did work very hard at improvement in my forties; purely because I loved playing and practicing so much. Lowering my cap anymore these days is not really realistic.
    My advice to you for what it's worth is to not be too hard on yourself when you are out of form. Don't change everything trying to get a fix. Just patiently work away at what feels right to you and play as much "natural" golf as you can without getting too technical. Good luck with your endevours.
    Very sage advice OP. Funnily enough, this is exactly what I have finally figured out. I have given up tring to get too technical. I have tried to just stick to a natural feeling, simple swing. It has been working well so far. My goal is to focus on the processes of the shot, and just try to make a good swing without worrying too much about mechanice or outcomes or score. The enjoyment for me now is the feeling of hitting pure golf shots, one at a time, and then let score take care of itself.

Very sage advice OP. Funnily enough, this is exactly what I have finally figured out. I have given up tring to get too technical. I have tried to just stick to a natural feeling, simple swing. It has been working well so far. My goal is to focus on the processes of the shot, and just try to make a good swing without worrying too much about mechanice or outcomes or score. The enjoyment for me now is the feeling of hitting pure golf shots, one at a time, and then let score take care of itself.
    Yeah right!!!

This all sounds good in theory but when you are even with the card with 3 to play do you really think you can "not worry about outcomes or score" and "let the score take care of itself?"

Easier said than done. I know I can't. I almost need a blow up hole to release the tension and start playing good golf again.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hi

Camp Freddy LOVES muscle marys. They are always ready to receive

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I saw the link, that's what I was talking about. You're right about the posers in the gym too. I am positively weak compared to most guys in the gym because I go natural and don't get on the juice, but I often wonder how much stronger some of those guys could be if they trained to get stronger. I don't go to the gym any more, but when I did the one piece of equipment that I could always rely on not being used was the chin up bar. Chin ups are probably the single best exercise you can do to build strength (along with squats and dead lifts), but becasue it isn't impressive, and because most heavy guys can only do a few at a time, nobody likes doing them in public. At my peak I could do sets of 8-12, weighing about 92kg. I am now about 94kg but would be flat out trying to do more than 2 or 3.
    At my peak I could do 8 reps with a 35 lbs weight strapped to my waist. I'm lucky to get 6-8 reps out now (but I'm carrying 15 extra lbs of fat) without any added weight.

Personally getting old is just a cop out. Sure your not as agile as the younger you but it's more that we are out of shape. I know plenty of great athletes that can function plenty well at 40-50. It's the sitting around the house and doing shiat for nothing that has caused me more pains than my age has. Saying it's your age is just an excuse.
    Last edited by poe4soul; 01-22-2010 at 02:11 PM.

At 48, I'm really paying my dues to get back in shape. I'm doing the Tony Horton 10 minute workouts. It's the sissy version of PX90 but still can kick your butt in, that's right, 10 minutes but I do a couple different ones each workout. I'm so damn sore right now I couldn't swing a club right now if you payed me.......It's less painful being a sedentary aging wimp......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    At 48, I'm really paying my dues to get back in shape. I'm doing the Tony Horton 10 minute workouts. It's the sissy version of PX90 but still can kick your butt in, that's right, 10 minutes but I do a couple different ones each workout. I'm so damn sore right now I couldn't swing a club right now if you payed me.......It's less painful being a sedentary aging wimp......
    Looking at his swing vids and Spank's infatuation with his ass, I think AlanGBaker does the Tim Hortons 10 minute workout. Is it anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by No_Idea
    I always warm-up and do some stretching before a game or even range session since experiencing 'tennis' elbow some time ago.
    You ever see the movie Zombie Land?

Woody Harrelson's Character - "You ever see a lion stretching before he pounces on his prey?"

Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    Looking at his swing vids and Spank's infatuation with his ass, I think AlanGBaker does the Tim Hortons 10 minute workout. Is it anything like that?
    No its Tony Horton Ten Minute Trainer. It's a great workout for people who hate working out. They've got Arobics, Abs, Lower body, Total body, Yoga and a few more. You can use resistence bands on most of them. That and a couple of different calendar schedules that work great......If you can stick to it. Life was easier when I windsurfed all the time. It's the incidental total body workout.....
    team obnoxious

Glass half full, there, KP? :-)

Optimism sucks.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Glass half full, there, KP? :-)

Optimism sucks.
    Without optimism what do we have left?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Why are you asking me? You're the one who works out in that section. I just walk through every now and then checking out the action.

You couldn't lift like me, boy.

Without optimism what do we have left?
    I dunno, but whatever it is, it can't be GOOD

:-)))
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I have never seen anyone do the Olym. Bar curl either. I'm not strong enough for that yet, so I won't even try, LOL. I've started dong pull ups in my workouts, however, at 65Kg as you *****es say, I have less weight to pull.

I hadn't worked out in a gym until September. However, due to the fact that I have began training for my chosen career, the gym is a must.

I have never seen anyone do the Olym. Bar curl either. I'm not strong enough for that yet, so I won't even try, LOL. I've started dong pull ups in my workouts, however, at 65Kg as you *****es say, I have less weight to pull.

I hadn't worked out in a gym until September. However, due to the fact that I have began training for my chosen career, the gym is a must.

I didn't think you had to be strong to be a hair dresser, you Mary!

Ok, ok, I'll bite . . . . . what is your chosen career?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I didn't think you had to be strong to be a hair dresser, you Mary!

Ok, ok, I'll bite . . . . . what is your chosen career?

I actually LOL'd.

Law Enforcement.

I actually LOL'd.

Law Enforcement.
    Take it from somebody who knows, look at it as a fun 10 or 15 years or so, but make sure you gain the skills to have a back up career, as law enforcement is a youg man's game these days. You don't wanna be wrestling with drunks at 4.00 in the morning in your 40s. The stigma and pressure of being a cop also takes it's toll psychologically. The only happy guys I know from my days in the job are the ones like me who saw the light and decided to take having a life over having a so called career.

Take it from somebody who knows, look at it as a fun 10 or 15 years or so, but make sure you gain the skills to have a back up career, as law enforcement is a youg man's game these days. You don't wanna be wrestling with drunks at 4.00 in the morning in your 40s. The stigma and pressure of being a cop also takes it's toll psychologically. The only happy guys I know from my days in the job are the ones like me who saw the light and decided to take having a life over having a so called career.
    NAH
    I guess in your case you weren't management material. I have been an peace officer for 17 years and I am currently 44 years old. I would have wrestled with those younguns when I first started out but now I have become wise with age. Plus being a supervisor helps in that I send the young kids into fight the drunks. Now adays hands on is last resort anyway, I have all of these toys to subdue the bad guy. Anyway most folks can be nabbed without hands on you just have to know how to speak there language.

BTW vegans are not cop material.

GA you pecker wood if you ain't telling a big fib you will look good in the RCMP uniform. Didn't think they had one that small.

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    NAH
    I guess in your case you weren't management material. I have been an peace officer for 17 years and I am currently 44 years old. I would have wrestled with those younguns when I first started out but now I have become wise with age. Plus being a supervisor helps in that I send the young kids into fight the drunks. Now adays hands on is last resort anyway, I have all of these toys to subdue the bad guy. Anyway most folks can be nabbed without hands on you just have to know how to speak there language.

BTW vegans are not cop material.

GA you pecker wood if you ain't telling a big fib you will look good in the RCMP uniform. Didn't think they had one that small.

GHD
    GHD, I don't know if anything you have posted here is remotely true, but let's say for the sake of argument it is. I don't know what The Mounties is like, but in any law enforcement agency here 'management material' means the ability to suk alot of bosses dicks (figuratively speaking) and having no qualms about stabbing your buddies in the back and walking over them to get promotion. It also helps to not do any real policework, instead spending all your time padding out your resume and engaging in the behaviours mentioned above.

curls are NOT good for golfers elbow (inside elbow pain) though not sure about tennis elbow. I had severe golfers elbow in May/June 2009- washing my face was painful. the forearm bands help but stop the curls. talk to any PT who know the game and they will tell you to ease off them.

OK Here's a weird one. I said in an earlier post on this thread a couple of days ago that I was so sore I couldn't swing a club if you paid me because my triceps were really sore. I just noticed yesterday that I have bruising on my triceps area on both arms??? WTF?? Is this taking no pain, no gain to a new level? Anybody ever experience this? It can't be a good thing....
    team obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by cfrago
    curls are NOT good for golfers elbow (inside elbow pain) though not sure about tennis elbow. I had severe golfers elbow in May/June 2009- washing my face was painful. the forearm bands help but stop the curls. talk to any PT who know the game and they will tell you to ease off them.
    Most golf related cases of TE are caused from poor form. The left wrist is usually cupped and not straight and often with a chicken wing. Put your arm in this position and imagine the force of a 100 mph swing going into the elbow.

One arm barbell curls are stupid and is a poser move if i've seen one. There are many other exercises that are far better at acheving the same benefits without the downside of injury. There's a reason you don't see people doing it routinely. If I'm doing any one arm curl I would much rather have my arm rotate to fully extend my bicept. I'm with cfrago on this. I do very few bicept curls that are not part of other movements like pull ups. There just is not a big need for large bicepts in most everything I do in life. I would rather focus on core strength. Doing this gives ample workout for other smaller muscles like the bicepts.

OK Here's a weird one. I said in an earlier post on this thread a couple of days ago that I was so sore I couldn't swing a club if you paid me because my triceps were really sore. I just noticed yesterday that I have bruising on my triceps area on both arms??? WTF?? Is this taking no pain, no gain to a new level? Anybody ever experience this? It can't be a good thing....
    Ouch! Overworked a bit I would say. I've never gotten a bruise from working out. That some series damage to those muscles. Are you able to massage them? How many days were they sore after the workout? The new rule of thumb for developing long lean muscles is that you should not be sore for more than 24 hours after the workout. If so you've done damage to the muscle/fascia that can cause lesions and reduce flexibility.

LOL - I too am embarking on a sort of New Years Resolution 'get fit/lose weight' campaign. After a REALLY light, moderate workout in the gym I have been hobbling around like a broken down old man. I feel like 20 guys beat me up with baseball bats. I share your pain Shuz.

Now where the f#ck am I?

LOL - I too am embarking on a sort of New Years Resolution 'get fit/lose weight' campaign. After a REALLY light, moderate workout in the gym I have been hobbling around like a broken down old man. I feel like 20 guys beat me up with baseball bats. I share your pain Shuz.
    You two should read this article - http://www.performbetter.com/catalog...ofacialRelease it's basically self, deep tissue massage. It will speed your recovery time and help with flexibility. Besides it fells good.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Ouch! Overworked a bit I would say. I've never gotten a bruise from working out. That some series damage to those muscles. Are you able to massage them? How many days were they sore after the workout? The new rule of thumb for developing long lean muscles is that you should not be sore for more than 24 hours after the workout. If so you've done damage to the muscle/fascia that can cause lesions and reduce flexibility.
    That particular workout (upper body) was on Wednesday. It's always the 2nd day that hurts the worst when I over work myself but this was over the top. I kept thinking man I'm a sissy and just can't take the pain like I used to. I did a set of push ups Friday and worked through it and it actually helped with the pain once I was done....And on the not so whiney side, I did squeak In 9 today between storms this morning. 4 layers of shirts on still managed to put together a swing. Check out the lie on the 8th hole. I could have gotten relief but I just had to play the shot. Put it inside 10' from there and birdied. I was laughing my a.ss off. Aah good times, good times.......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-24-10_1033.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	2338
    team obnoxious

GHD, I don't know if anything you have posted here is remotely true, but let's say for the sake of argument it is. I don't know what The Mounties is like, but in any law enforcement agency here 'management material' means the ability to suk alot of bosses dicks (figuratively speaking) and having no qualms about stabbing your buddies in the back and walking over them to get promotion. It also helps to not do any real policework, instead spending all your time padding out your resume and engaging in the behaviours mentioned above.
    Nah
    you sure are a misguides soul. what you just opined about is prevelant in all professions. dog eat dog world you know. are you still bitter about giving all of those blow jobs to the powers that be and not getting any satisfaction. Ten years on the force and no advancement well maybe you did make the right decision to start another career.

GHD
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

You two should read this article - http://www.performbetter.com/catalog...ofacialRelease it's basically self, deep tissue massage. It will speed your recovery time and help with flexibility. Besides it fells good.
    Thanks Poe.

Looks good but it will have to wait. My CAPEX budget for 2010 is already set and at the top of the priority list is the Pivot for Power.

Now where the f#ck am I?

What exactly did you do?
    I've had the bruises on my biceps from curling to much. Basically, from what I understand, you work so hard that your muscles swell up faster than your skin can stretch and bruise it.
    In the bag;
    (Wedges could change to Titleist Spin Milled fairly soon)

Woods; Taylormade R9 460 TP driver and woods. (Motore F1 X-Stiff shafts)
    Blades; Mizuno Mp-68 irons(DG S300)
    Wedges; Mizuno MP T10 White Satin wedges
    Putter; Scotty Cameron Squareback No.1
    Ball; Taylormade Penta TP, Titleist Pro V1x(Ball selection differs depending on how I feel. Haha.)

Nah
    you sure are a misguides soul. what you just opined about is prevelant in all professions. dog eat dog world you know. are you still bitter about giving all of those blow jobs to the powers that be and not getting any satisfaction. Ten years on the force and no advancement well maybe you did make the right decision to start another career.

GHD
    I certainly made the right choice getting out, life's been great since I left. I agree that all professions have a degree of dog eat dog, but law enforcement takes catiness to get ahead to a whole new level. And unlike other professions, in law enforcement you can't go into business for yourself to get ahead. Truth be told I had my papers stamped 'never to be promoted' very early in the piece. I was viewed as a non-compliant recalcitrant and had clashes with management almost from the beginning. My loyalties were always to my mates, not the job.

I certainly made the right choice getting out, life's been great since I left. I agree that all professions have a degree of dog eat dog, but law enforcement takes catiness to get ahead to a whole new level. And unlike other professions, in law enforcement you can't go into business for yourself to get ahead. Truth be told I had my papers stamped 'never to be promoted' very early in the piece. I was viewed as a non-compliant recalcitrant and had clashes with management almost from the beginning. My loyalties were always to my mates, not the job.
    NAH
    typical whiny blame game. I am glad you were stamped not meritting promotion. some professions need cleaning and i bet your new career" Insurance saleman" has been good to you. Me personally I think that the tough survive and the not so tough become vegans.
    I am the the thin blue line
    Honor duty country
    GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

NAH
    typical whiny blame game. I am glad you were stamped not meritting promotion. some professions need cleaning and i bet your new career" Insurance saleman" has been good to you. Me personally I think that the tough survive and the not so tough become vegans.
    I am the the thin blue line
    Honor duty country
    GHD
    Spoken like a true snivelling lick spittle who is so far up the bosses arse you can only see the soles of their boots (unfortunately I've had the extreme mispleasure of having to listen to people like that talking themselves up). Keep telling yourself that you aren't a whimpering little suckhole, and that you really are one of the 10% or so who earned their promotion on merit. It's not healthy for delusional people to accept reality, your whole world may come crashing down. Anyway, I thought you said you were Canadian, which would make you the thin red line.

P.S. This isn't a personal summation of you GHD, but a generalisation of the majority of high ranking law enforcement officers I've dealt with. IMO the best cops in every force only get to about the level of Sergaent. Any higher than that and you have to start seriously compromising your integirty, assuming it exists to start with.

Spoken like a true snivelling lick spittle who is so far up the bosses arse you can only see the soles of their boots (unfortunately I've had the extreme mispleasure of having to listen to people like that talking themselves up). Keep telling yourself that you aren't a whimpering little suckhole, and that you really are one of the 10% or so who earned their promotion on merit. It's not healthy for delusional people to accept reality, your whole world may come crashing down. Anyway, I thought you said you were Canadian, which would make you the thin red line.

P.S. This isn't a personal summation of you GHD, but a generalisation of the majority of high ranking law enforcement officers I've dealt with. IMO the best cops in every force only get to about the level of Sergaent. Any higher than that and you have to start seriously compromising your integirty, assuming it exists to start with.
    NAH
    Did you have a little trouble with your pych exam. Calm down not everyone is out to get you. Like I said politics and rising to ones highets level of incompetence is not solely the domain of police work. These people you speak of work in all professions. What has your panties in a wad are adminstrators. Men and women who have been promoted to high positions and forget where they came from.

Well anyway Nah please take one of your happy pills, grab a peeled carrot, and get your hormones under control. Use the Happy Gilmore rule think of a happy place.

Not everyone can cut it as a cop.

GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

NAH
    Did you have a little trouble with your pych exam. Calm down not everyone is out to get you. Like I said politics and rising to ones highets level of incompetence is not solely the domain of police work. These people you speak of work in all professions. What has your panties in a wad are adminstrators. Men and women who have been promoted to high positions and forget where they came from.

Well anyway Nah please take one of your happy pills, grab a peeled carrot, and get your hormones under control. Use the Happy Gilmore rule think of a happy place.

Not everyone can cut it as a cop.

GHD
    Totaly agree, it's just a shame that the one's who can cut it are chased out, and the incompetent ones are calling the shots.

Totaly agree, it's just a shame that the one's who can cut it are chased out, and the incompetent ones are calling the shots.
    Okay Nah like most cops who checkout tend to miss the action.

GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Most golf related cases of TE are caused from poor form. The left wrist is usually cupped and not straight and often with a chicken wing. Put your arm in this position and imagine the force of a 100 mph swing going into the elbow.

One arm barbell curls are stupid and is a poser move if i've seen one. There are many other exercises that are far better at acheving the same benefits without the downside of injury. There's a reason you don't see people doing it routinely. If I'm doing any one arm curl I would much rather have my arm rotate to fully extend my bicept. I'm with cfrago on this. I do very few bicept curls that are not part of other movements like pull ups. There just is not a big need for large bicepts in most everything I do in life. I would rather focus on core strength. Doing this gives ample workout for other smaller muscles like the bicepts.

Yeah, but chicks dig 'em and some of us aren't married.
    GR lives...

This is universally true of people that climb up organizational (political) ladders. It's a way more significant factor than competence. You can have no competence and climb up the ladder if the political stuff is there (read backstabbing/ass-kissing/self promoting) but no amount of competence will overcome a lack of political skill.

I worked in a couple of those kinds of organizations to get experience and then went out on my own. In my ventures, small as they've been, we've avoided those kinds of people like the plague. Occasionally one gets through but they don't get very far.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    This is universally true of people that climb up organizational (political) ladders. It's a way more significant factor than competence. You can have no competence and climb up the ladder if the political stuff is there (read backstabbing/ass-kissing/self promoting) but no amount of competence will overcome a lack of political skill.

I worked in a couple of those kinds of organizations to get experience and then went out on my own. In my ventures, small as they've been, we've avoided those kinds of people like the plague. Occasionally one gets through but they don't get very far.
    I found that to be true at the Chef Bore RD pizza factory I worked at briefly. I left that job F uckin g back stabb ing dough makers. Well I did find some success on my own making red sauce for prego. that was a dead end job so I went into a lucarative job in law enforcement. Damn mushroom and garlic sauce I invented was an award winner.
    F uckin office polictics
    GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

One arm barbell curls are stupid and is a poser move if i've seen one.
    You are a nice young man, so I will post with the fact you are not yet very educated on the matter. I do not believe you would say something like this, if you did not believe it.

First, it is stupid to lift weights to gain weight, but we all do it into are teens to mid-20s.

Poe, one armed barbell curls are not for big biceps, but for hand/wrist/forearm/bicep strength. If you think they are stupid and a poser move, then I cannot help you. However, they will not make you a better golfer; I am not advocating one arm barbell curls for golf; simply for strength of hands/wrists/forearms for real life situations (15 amp sawzall or Hole hawg drilling)

Personally, I do not work out to get bigger, but to get stronger, and I advise this.

Poe, can you quantify your statement? I agree that one that is golfing should not concentrate much on them, much the same way a tour de france cyclist would not either...

But if you need strong wrists/hands/forearms, arms, then one arm curls are the best you can find.

Poe, maybe we misunderstand each other. ;)

I prefer this info for "self help" . . . . . . http://sexuality.about.com/od/anatom...turbatemen.htm

Maybe we did misunderstand each other. Hardly young, 43 now and did the same as you in my early to mid 20's without any juice. While I enjoyed bodybuilding, as it were back in the day, I like the current functional movement/strength exercises more now.

I just don't see the one arm curls with an olympic bar as being very dynamic. The wrist is static and while it has to keep stiff and resist rotation I don't see it as the best for either a bicep or wrist. Now if you were to rotate the barbell you would have an different exercise that would put the wrist through more movement but again would be prone to injuries. While the curl might be interesting to do once in a while it wouldn't make it into my workout. I would rather do cable chops and lifts. I figure if my hands are strong enough to hold the weight I'm lifting without any aids, like straps, then my hands/wrists are strong enough for me.

On the flip side, I do use some sand filled medicine type balls with handles that I do prehab wrist exercises with. These wrist exercises are moroccans curls, standard wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, and figure eights. Mostly to keep the wrist muscles balanced.

You want to improve hand strength do medicine ball type workouts with sandbags. Personally they will be one of my next purchases for my home gym. No handles and your fingers have to work the entire exercise. That and a 30 foot jute rope to hang in a tree in my back yard. I figure if I can climb a rope then my hands/wrists are plenty strong.

Yeah, but chicks dig 'em and some of us aren't married.
    That and big pectoral muscles. Nothing funnier to me than a guy with big pec's, biceps and no lats, and pencil thin legs.

That and big pectoral muscles. Nothing funnier to me than a guy with big pec's, biceps and no lats, and pencil thin legs.
    There always seems to be a group of guys where I work out that just hang around and bench press. I'm pretty sure it's all they do and they seem to spend hours there.

I always thought big pecs looked silly. But the guns can be out of proportion and pay huge social benefits.
    GR lives...

There always seems to be a group of guys where I work out that just hang around and bench press. I'm pretty sure it's all they do and they seem to spend hours there.

I always thought big pecs looked silly. But the guns can be out of proportion and pay huge social benefits.
    If you say so. I think it's funny that what women admire as good looking and what men think are being admired are not always congruent. SoCal is it's own cosmos so we both might be right. Speaking of SoCal you could always get the instant biceps with implants.

Yeah that and on other days hours on the squat machine. Those guys just seem to want to get BIG with no concern for balance, symmetry or athleticism.

Now where the f#ck am I?

If you say so. I think it's funny that what women admire as good looking and what men think are being admired are not always congruent. SoCal is it's own cosmos so we both might be right. Speaking of SoCal you could always get the instant biceps with implants.

My observation is what men think has come a whole lot closer to what women think in that regard, over the last decade or so. Particularly Cali, although I've witnessed it around the U.S. and in Europe.

Men as a group are behaving more like women and vice versa. Good in some ways, not so good in others. But it's all a game, I don't make the rules and I'm stuck playing it. Choices are complain or adapt.
    GR lives...

Yeah that and on other days hours on the squat machine. Those guys just seem to want to get BIG with no concern for balance, symmetry or athleticism.

Yeah, guys can be so f.ucking goofy. Good thing that never includes you or me.
    GR lives...

Yeah, guys can be so f.ucking goofy. Good thing that never includes you or me.
    Yeah exactly!

Now where the f#ck am I?

My observation is what men think has come a whole lot closer to what women think in that regard, over the last decade or so. Particularly Cali, although I've witnessed it around the U.S. and in Europe.

Men as a group are behaving more like women and vice versa. Good in some ways, not so good in others. But it's all a game, I don't make the rules and I'm stuck playing it. Choices are complain or adapt.
    Of course there's the don't play option. I was never good at "playing" especially when it comes to social games. Don't care much for the vice versa. Good luck out there. If the biceps don't work out for you can always roll yourself in money. Money used to be the great equalizer. That hasn't changed has it?

Of course there's the don't play option. I was never good at "playing" especially when it comes to social games. Don't care much for the vice versa. Good luck out there. If the biceps don't work out for you can always roll yourself in money. Money used to be the great equalizer. That hasn't changed has it?
    F.uck no. But I'm finding the older I get, the less that bothers me.

Exactly, you have to figure out what your game playing boundaries are. I'm fine with biceps for p.ussy.
    GR lives...

F.uck no. But I'm finding the older I get, the less that bothers me.

Exactly, you have to figure out what your game playing boundaries are. I'm fine with biceps for p.ussy.
    This guy must get lots of pus sy . . . . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That guy's got some pair of huge nuts, but why are they on his arm/shoulder?
    GR lives...

This is true for women too. It seems that in our appearance both women and men seem to strive harder to achieve what their own sex percieves to be attractive. I don't know a single male who would think that a skinny catwalk model has a more attractive body than a curvy playboy centrefold, but every woman I've ever met would like to be skinny. Similarly, women do not like musclebound goons, but lot's of guys still want to be huge regardless.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 01-26-2010 at 08:53 PM.

That and a 30 foot jute rope to hang in a tree in my back yard. I figure if I can climb a rope then my hands/wrists are plenty strong.
    Party on Garth!
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Yeah, well, I am not saying you should do the one arm curls for hand strength only. I found out a few years ago that 'pinch gripping' gives one the strongest hands. Climbing a rope would help too, but not for true hand strength; many with average hand strength can climb a rope...

I like doing the one arm curls once I empty the 45s off the bar from deadlifting.

Everyone is different, of course, so I am not advocating everyone do them; they just make your whole arm stronger... sure if you are 80 years old you shouldn't try them either (sorry Larry, but I love you).

Life is not an exact science. I have posted this link before about the book from the man who has the strongest hands in the world. Very helpful book if you want strong hands; not everyone needs strong hands in life; some want strong shoulders or backs... The one arm curls will help strengthen your hands, but will not tremendously help, unless you are a youngster.

Shucks, some even wish they didn't have professional calf removal surgery.

For probably the 5th time, I will post the 'Bible' of hand strength books here: http://www.amazon.com/Mastery-Hand-S...4571092&sr=8-3

None of this golf related; probably life related.
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 01-26-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks for the grip tips...

It seems like we have similar approaches. I googled his name and grip strength and found this link..
    http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/ope...ips/index.html

Interestingly, many of his exercises use rope, towels, sandbags, plates, rocks, hammers, etc. I was looking at buying a canvas bag but after viewing this I've got the incentive to go to the hardware store and get some sand bags and get started... This is my type of stuff. No gym needed.

They did have your one arm curl exercise..
    http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/ope..._long_bar.html

BTW - Thanks for the lead, poser.

It seems like we have similar approaches. I googled his name and grip strength and found this link..

Interestingly, many of his exercises use rope, towels, sandbags, plates, rocks, hammers, etc. I was looking at buying a canvas bag but after viewing this I've got the incentive to go to the hardware store and get some sand bags and get started... This is my type of stuff. No gym needed.

Forget the Noshuz vs Famousdavis match up. What all of GR wants to see now is a pose down between our two resident body builders Poe4soul and Spankdoggie. I'm not sure about the overall winner, it's too tough to choose but I'm backing Spank to win the calf section.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Forget the Noshuz vs Famousdavis match up. What all of GR wants to see now is a pose down between our two resident body builders Poe4soul and Spankdoggie. I'm not sure about the overall winner, it's too tough to choose but I'm backing Spank to win the calf section.
    It's widely known that he has implants. Just ask...

I'm well past any physical showdown; I just like the science of it. You noticed that my main objection was to injuries? 20 years ago I would have been all into it....

Now I'm looking for ways to ward off the pains of aging. I want to be over 50 and still drive the ball 270-280 yards and hit 93.7% of fairways and most GIR's.

Thanks for the support BTW....

It's widely known that he has implants. Just ask...

I'm well past any physical showdown; I just like the science of it. You noticed that my main objection was to injuries? 20 years ago I would have been all into it....

Now I'm looking for ways to ward off the pains of aging. I want to be over 50 and still drive the ball 270-280 yards and hit 93.7% of fairways and most GIR's.

Thanks for the support BTW....
    Yeah it gets to the point of use it or lose it. We can all be fit into our 50-60's and even 70,s if we remain active, fit and injury free. I know a guy in his 70's that still squats every day and climbs a rope he has hanging off a big tree in his backyard. He is a really good skier and is probably still fitter than many young guys in their 20's.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yeah it gets to the point of use it or lose it. We can all be fit into our 50-60's and even 70,s if we remain active, fit and injury free. I know a guy in his 70's that still squats every day and climbs a rope he has hanging off a big tree in his backyard. He is a really good skier and is probably still fitter than many young guys in their 20's.

My grandfather could throw a curve ball at age 70 and could still walk on his hands for about 20 feet. He played golf until he was 93 (3 times a week) but then had a stroke and eventually he died at 97. One of the healthiest people I've ever met. From what I observed, the keys to his health stemmed from him getting 8 to 9 hours of sleep every night and he would always eat small portions of food. He wouldn't eat past feeling full. It wasn't something he even thought about. He smoked cigars (about 3 a day) until he was in his 80's and then quit when he was around 84. I never knew him to worry about anything.

I think the most important key to good health is to keep your weight down to your target level (which is a lot lighter than most people think). For example, I'm 5-9 and i believe my target weight (on medical charts) is around 153lbs. I currently weigh 162 and feel like a blob. If I weighed 153 I know I'd feel a lot better and I'd be healthier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    My grandfather could throw a curve ball at age 70 and could still walk on his hands for about 20 feet. He played golf until he was 93 (3 times a week) but then had a stroke and eventually he died at 97. One of the healthiest people I've ever met. From what I observed, the keys to his health stemmed from him getting 8 to 9 hours of sleep every night and he would always eat small portions of food. He wouldn't eat past feeling full. It wasn't something he even thought about. He smoked cigars (about 3 a day) until he was in his 80's and then quit when he was around 84. I never knew him to worry about anything.

I think the most important key to good health is to keep your weight down to your target level (which is a lot lighter than most people think). For example, I'm 5-9 and i believe my target weight (on medical charts) is around 153lbs. I currently weigh 162 and feel like a blob. If I weighed 153 I know I'd feel a lot better and I'd be healthier as well.

Shrimp!

Shrimp!
    5-9 is pretty short, but fairly tall for someone with short man syndrome.
    GR lives...

Yeah, well, I am not saying you should do the one arm curls for hand strength only. I found out a few years ago that 'pinch gripping' gives one the strongest hands. Climbing a rope would help too, but not for true hand strength; many with average hand strength can climb a rope...

I like doing the one arm curls once I empty the 45s off the bar from deadlifting.

Everyone is different, of course, so I am not advocating everyone do them; they just make your whole arm stronger... sure if you are 80 years old you shouldn't try them either (sorry Larry, but I love you).

Life is not an exact science. I have posted this link before about the book from the man who has the strongest hands in the world. Very helpful book if you want strong hands; not everyone needs strong hands in life; some want strong shoulders or backs... The one arm curls will help strengthen your hands, but will not tremendously help, unless you are a youngster.

Shucks, some even wish they didn't have professional calf removal surgery.

For probably the 5th time, I will post the 'Bible' of hand strength books here: http://www.amazon.com/Mastery-Hand-S...4571092&sr=8-3

None of this golf related; probably life related.
    Spank

I was all wrong about you please except my appoligies. You are a man among boys.

GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

You are a nice young man, so I will post with the fact you are not yet very educated on the matter. I do not believe you would say something like this, if you did not believe it.

First, it is stupid to lift weights to gain weight, but we all do it into are teens to mid-20s.

Poe, one armed barbell curls are not for big biceps, but for hand/wrist/forearm/bicep strength. If you think they are stupid and a poser move, then I cannot help you. However, they will not make you a better golfer; I am not advocating one arm barbell curls for golf; simply for strength of hands/wrists/forearms for real life situations (15 amp sawzall or Hole hawg drilling)

Personally, I do not work out to get bigger, but to get stronger, and I advise this.

Poe, can you quantify your statement? I agree that one that is golfing should not concentrate much on them, much the same way a tour de france cyclist would not either...

But if you need strong wrists/hands/forearms, arms, then one arm curls are the best you can find.

Poe, maybe we misunderstand each other. ;)
    Spank
    I currently fill like I am a 220 lb. weakling. can you PM with your strength training program so I can develop your physic.

Please help me spank i want to be like you
    GHD
    Sun Tzu

Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Shrimp!
    I'm offended. Please use the term "height challenged" from now on.

Spank
    can you PM with your strength training program so I can develop your physic.
    Please help me spank i want to be like you
    GHD
    Baby bear! I received your private message, and I LOVED your response! I will pay all expenses!

I missed you!

I am still waiting for your next pm! Come to San Francisco honey. I love big boys! I have strong hands and I will work a dildo on you like you could never do to yourself! I will d ick slap you so hard you will have welts on your ass and face for weeks, my little piece of tenderness... oh baby.

Finest restaurants, nice watch for you to keep (Patek Philippe), I have an apartment you can stay in, while you tour the Castro, and get your groove on, but you are mine sweetheart!

My big panda bear, I am awaiting your response! ;)

Much love and kisses, bear hugs, and squeezes,

spank
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 01-28-2010 at 01:11 AM.

very cool Poe! I have never read his website articles, just the book; I had no idea he advocated one arm curls; thanks again.

I learned about one arm curls from a Russian named Pavel Tsatsouline; he trained the Soviet special forces in Russia, but he is in America writing books and stuff. He has a great sense of humor.

Anyways, he says that irradiation works the whole arm or body, and that isolation exercises are for idiots; I have many of his books, but this is the one I am referring too: http://www.amazon.com/Power-People-S...4670963&sr=8-5

spank

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis

My boyfrie-ahem, girlfriend's dad has a well-chiseled 8-pack, absolutely zero percent fat on his thighs and arms, complete with veins and arteries strewn all over the place. He's 55, and every morning at 5 am sharp he would take a 15km jog in 1 hour 8 minutes. He only consumes fish, tofu, and vegetables, and does not smoke nor drink.

Don't ask me how I know he has an eight-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    My boyfrie-ahem, girlfriend's dad has a well-chiseled 8-pack, absolutely zero percent fat on his thighs and arms, complete with veins and arteries strewn all over the place. He's 55, and every morning at 5 am sharp he would take a 15km jog in 1 hour 8 minutes. He only consumes fish, tofu, and vegetables, and does not smoke nor drink.

Don't ask me how I know he has an eight-pack.
    OK, we will not. Please do not feel compelled to tell us, either.

Dave and you other over the hill types.

Here's some inspiration for getting in shape. staying in shape and embracing life. It's never too late.

http://rosstraining.com/blog/categor...inspirational/

Dave and you other over the hill types.

Here's some inspiration for getting in shape. staying in shape and embracing life. It's never too late.

http://rosstraining.com/blog/categor...inspirational/
    Good for him on the running, but I think it`s time to put the gloves away.

this jackas was shooting oil into his muscles.Also got busted in a roid sting operation, I wonder what gave it away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fikeman
    this jackas was shooting oil into his muscles.Also got busted in a roid sting operation, I wonder what gave it away!!!
    Yeah, I know about him. That oil they inject into their muscles is nothing but a circus act. Needless to say, he does not have the respect of the bodybuilding world.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    I've been a busy lad over the past few months, and some may have noticed it was unusually chilly in Texas for a while as well... white Christmas, the whole works..

anyways, haven't hit a ball in almost two months, so today was the day to get back to the range. Hit them surprisingly well considering the rust and slop, but....

one large bucket later, my frickin' legs were wobbly and the point of my left shoulder felt like someone ballpeened it... and my right elbow felt dislocated...

Good LORD nobody told me how awful it is to get old...

do NOT do it... the accumulated wisdom is NOT worth the price..

Really: what's the alternative?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker

You...

You just shut up right now...

I turned 35 today and I don't wanna hear about it.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    You...

You just shut up right now...

I turned 35 today and I don't wanna hear about it.

Yer breakin' my heart, kid.

48 in December...

...last year.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Yer breakin' my heart, kid.

48 in December...

...last year.

Well, for what it's worth...

You don't look a day over 60, old man.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I'm sure Larry could provide you with one.
    What was that song......."suicide is painless" or something like that.

BTW I'd love to be 35 again or even 48!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Thread Information