|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

WITB this year that's changed?

For me I will be bagging the z 101 with the Nippon shafts, to sharpen my iron game. Plus there the nicest cb I've ever owned superb feel. The 905r I'm hoping will allow me to hit that perfect draw. I'm also thinking of a yes Sophia for faster greens, and the Tracy 2 for everything else. Same everything else. Midseason I may put the 4dx and comp ez or mx20 back in play for the potential lower numbers.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

MX-20's (5-PW) replaced Tit 755's. MX-23 4 iron. Cobra Baffler
    20* same as last year. Reshafted Taylor 16* Rescue Mid or one of three 3 woods (two 904F's or Nike T-60). The 904F's are the same but the shafts are new. Main driver is 907D2 10.5 with new Axivcore shaft. Back-up driver to-be-determined but will be one of two 905R's. Two Vokey wedges same as last year. One of two Ray Cook putters (blade or mallet) same as last year. Balls? Probably some Srixon although Titleist has just come out with yellow balls in some sort of NXT which I may try. The irons are the biggest deal for me and my game. If the MX-20's prove as consistent as they've been the past couple of months practicing with them, I could be in for lower scores since most of my blow-up holes are, embarrassingly, par 3's, on which I've probably averaged bogey or double bogey for the past two years. Turns an 82 into a 91 real quick.

Depending on how you look at it....

Im proud my kit is the same as 2011. -OR-
    Im ashamed my kit is the same as 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    MX-20's (5-PW) replaced Tit 755's. MX-23 4 iron. Cobra Baffler
    20* same as last year. Reshafted Taylor 16* Rescue Mid or one of three 3 woods (two 904F's or Nike T-60). The 904F's are the same but the shafts are new. Main driver is 907D2 10.5 with new Axivcore shaft. Back-up driver to-be-determined but will be one of two 905R's. Two Vokey wedges same as last year. One of two Ray Cook putters (blade or mallet) same as last year. Balls? Probably some Srixon although Titleist has just come out with yellow balls in some sort of NXT which I may try. The irons are the biggest deal for me and my game. If the MX-20's prove as consistent as they've been the past couple of months practicing with them, I could be in for lower scores since most of my blow-up holes are, embarrassingly, par 3's, on which I've probably averaged bogey or double bogey for the past two years. Turns an 82 into a 91 real quick.
    I just don't think it gets any better feeling then the mx 23 or mx 20 my comp ez are right there.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

I have new clubs all the time. One week I might golf the Mizuno JPX 800s, the next week I might golf the MP-67s, the next the MP-33s and the next the Tourstage Z101s. I try different hybrid and fairway wood combinations. I also switch back and forth from my YES Callie forged putter to my Taylormade Ghost mallet putter. About the only thing that is remaining consistent in my bag is my NIKE Sasquatch driver with the DG S300 steel shaft.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Everything except my Geek Golf driver w/steel shaft at 43 1/2 inches. Mostly srixon this year.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich View Post
    For me I will be bagging the z 101 with the Nippon shafts, to sharpen my iron game. Plus there the nicest cb I've ever owned superb feel. The 905r I'm hoping will allow me to hit that perfect draw. I'm also thinking of a yes Sophia for faster greens, and the Tracy 2 for everything else. Same everything else. Midseason I may put the 4dx and comp ez or mx20 back in play for the potential lower numbers.
    Driver I am alternating between my trusty old Cleveland Launcher 460 and I have two 4Dx drivers. One with Pershing shaft and other with V2. On my day i can bomb all three of them out there whilst on off days the Cleveland Launcher with made for Cleveland Fujikara shaft is most forgiving.

I have two three woods, the 2009 model with Fujikara shaft and the 2011 model with Miyazaki shaft in 17°. Was curious to try the 17° model to see if it was easier to hit off the deck but it plays very similar to the 15°.

Hybrids are 18°, 20.5° Cleveland Launcher Dst and I also own a 23° model that gets an occasional outing but never stays in the bag long.

Irons I will be bagging the MP58s most of the time and swapping out the Z102s for a change every now and then. I don't think I'll bag the MP33 or 32s anymore and may sell them. The 32 play very similar to the 58s and the 33s don't offer any benefit over the others so time to flick them. I occasionally bag the old R7tps to see if a more forgiving iron will help and I am always reminded that they don't make ANY difference!

In the wedges I alternate between a 50° & 56° combo or 52° & 58°. I normally prefer the stronger lifted combo but occasionally bag the 58s° depending on the bunkers.

In the putters I have a Yes Tracy Anser style putter, a Yes Ashley mallet putter and my old Never Compromise putter. I have cut the two Yes putters down to 34" and regripped them and think I will need to do the same with the Never Compromise to make it an option. The Yes Tracy is in favour at the moment.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Big Dave is NOT wrong

Took the Cleveland Hi-Bore 1i 16* gaybrid and tried it out at the range today... the sound is "semi-dead" and not sexy which gave me the impression that its shaft is not responsive... BUT surprisingly I could hit it quite long, not too far off the distance of my TEE 3W. It's definitely longer than my Nickent 3/FW 3DX Utility gaybrid which is also 15*-16*. So, I am pleased with it and thanks to big Dave for recommendation. Its trajectory is also more penetrating so it should be good for hitting into the wind... It's a keeper
    My bag has old stuff, 10.5* Titless 905R, TEE 3W, 2H/3H/4H Adams Idea Tech OS gaybrids, 6i-PW MX-23, 50* Lajolla Knife GW, 56* TM RAC SW and very old but reliable Ram Zebra mallet putter

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    Took the Cleveland Hi-Bore 1i 16* gaybrid and tried it out at the range today... the sound is "semi-dead" and not sexy which gave me the impression that its shaft is not responsive... BUT surprisingly I could hit it quite long, not too far off the distance of my TEE 3W. It's definitely longer than my Nickent 3/FW 3DX Utility gaybrid which is also 15*-16*. So, I am pleased with it and thanks to big Dave for recommendation. Its trajectory is also more penetrating so it should be good for hitting into the wind... It's a keeper
    My bag has old stuff, 10.5* Titless 905R, TEE 3W, 2H/3H/4H Adams Idea Tech OS gaybrids, 6i-PW MX-23, 50* Lajolla Knife GW, 56* TM RAC SW and very old but reliable Ram Zebra mallet putter
    I just came back from the range. Hit 180 balls. Windy. Heavy air. Ball go not so far. Hit backup driver 905R 11.5*. Felt great on the first two shots. Newly installed favorite V2 shaft snapped at the hosel on shot #3. What a bummer. Stopped at Golf Galaxy on the way home just to see what treasures lay in the Used Rack. Damn. Both 907D2's that were there yesterday for $45 each were gone. But they had a Mizuno driver-- a pretty dark blue head thing called MP-001 9.5* with Harrison Striper J Titanium shaft with no flex marking. I always wanter to try that shaft and, since the price was $7.97, it came home for me. Just for grins, I went to the rack where they always have a few new shafts for sale. Last time I snapped a shaft on a driver a couple of months ago, I went there afterwards and scored a new un-cut PF Axiv Blue 59 regular for $9.97 (List Price $8.95). Not expecting any bargains this time, lo and behold there's a brand new uncut YS-6+ in regular flex for $19.97 (MSRP $69.95). It came home with me too. I stopped at my muddy practice field on the way home and hit 8 balls with the Mizuno. Felt real solid with boring trajectory. I think it is the 370 c.c. head. Felt better than the 983K's. Maybe it will kick a Tit out of my bag as backup driver. The MX-20's might bond with it.

there's a brand new uncut YS-6+ in regular flex for $19.97 (MSRP $69.95).
    That's an excellent price for a new YS-6+

Glad you like it. :-) I love the sound, much preferred to a clicky sound... And yes very penetrating, low launch but low spin...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins View Post
    Glad you like it. :-) I love the sound, much preferred to a clicky sound... And yes very penetrating, low launch but low spin...
    big Dave... It's mid launch and penetrating and ball dispersion is quite good., is it due to low spin?

That's an excellent price for a new YS-6+
    Yep. Cheaper than a pull-out. I've only had one of these in regular flex in my 905T and, like a fool, I had it shortend to 44" losing a couple of yards and then pulled it before I got my shaft puller and ruined it. So I'm thinking that this might be the perfect shaft to put into the wounded 905R 11.5*.

big Dave... It's mid launch and penetrating and ball dispersion is quite good., is it due to low spin?
    Yep. Mine are red shaft, lower launching than the gold, but definitely not a club you want to hit to a tight pin... Not much spin, that really helps keep a ball on line.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

As for me, going back to the 2007 HiBore Xl Tour driver this year... And I have retired the 4 iron for the 22* HiBore xls gaybrid, 3 gaybrids in bag now... I am approaching codger sandbagger status. Geezer, even.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Yep. Cheaper than a pull-out. I've only had one of these in regular flex in my 905T and, like a fool, I had it shortend to 44" losing a couple of yards and then pulled it before I got my shaft puller and ruined it. So I'm thinking that this might be the perfect shaft to put into the wounded 905R 11.5*.
    YS-6+ R-flex is what I have with my current 905R... Love that shaft as much as Adila NV green... can't tell which one I like better, BUT I think NV green has a little more "kick"

As for me, going back to the 2007 HiBore Xl Tour driver this year... And I have retired the 4 iron for the 22* HiBore xls gaybrid, 3 gaybrids in bag now... I am approaching codger sandbagger status. Geezer, even.
    WTH... I have 4 gaybrids in bag now, 16*Cleveland HiBore XLS, 2H/3H/4H Adams Idea Tech OS gaybrids... I may retire TEE 3W if the Cleveland XLS is more predictable

WTH... I have 4 gaybrids in bag now, 16*Cleveland HiBore XLS, 2H/3H/4H Adams Idea Tech OS gaybrids... I may retire TEE 3W if the Cleveland XLS is more predictable
    I will keep my man card for now, but only because my driver (V2) and my 3W (fujikura) are X flex. But starting at 5 iron is still a bit womanly... Or is it just that I constantly think about my shoes matching my golf bag? :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Trying some gaybrids too. Dropped the callawy 4 and 7 woods. FTs. Going to a 2 (16 degree), 3 (19), and a 4 (22). Irons 5 thru PW i710s.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Meant 701s.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I need a new driver.

I tried the R11 today and it felt like garbage. Won't be getting that. The Callaway Razer something didn't feel any better.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
    I need a new driver.

I tried the R11 today and it felt like garbage. Won't be getting that. The Callaway Razer something didn't feel any better.
    Most guys I have talked to who have the Titleist 910 D3 are pretty happy with it.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I need a new driver.

Any driver I've ever hit felt good when I hit it on the sweet spot. A question would be "Where do you hit yours?" If the answer is "all over the face" then you might want to look at other variables. The primary one being your shaft length. I've had drivers that were all over the place at over 45" and taking a half inch up to an inch off the butts meant a whole lot more center face hits. You can use my Redneck Impact Tape method. Next time you're at the range, spit on your driver face and smear it all over. The dimples will appear in the saliva'd face telling your where impact was. If its on the heel repeatedly, stand a bit farther from the ball. If toe hits are your MO, stand a bit closer.

Im proba ly loooking at keeping the same bag this year, however after hitting a 910 D2 on the weekend I may start saving my pennys. It seemed to have slightly less spin than the 905R, but distance a bit less and feel not quite as buttery so it might come down to whether I just want less spin and better accuracy or sticking with what I have whcih is longer and better feeling.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Any driver I've ever hit felt good when I hit it on the sweet spot. A question would be "Where do you hit yours?" If the answer is "all over the face" then you might want to look at other variables. The primary one being your shaft length. I've had drivers that were all over the place at over 45" and taking a half inch up to an inch off the butts meant a whole lot more center face hits. You can use my Redneck Impact Tape method. Next time you're at the range, spit on your driver face and smear it all over. The dimples will appear in the saliva'd face telling your where impact was. If its on the heel repeatedly, stand a bit farther from the ball. If toe hits are your MO, stand a bit closer.
    Considering this was the first time swinging a club since September, and I only played golf about 5 times last year, the answer was -- All over the face. Fact remains I didn't like the feel of either driver.

When it comes golf season, and I am more into the groove, I'll look at trying some other clubs.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

So far this year I have my new MP-69's and I am currently looking for a new putter. Will have one within the next 2 weeks. Considering trying a 905R if I can find one for the right price and may update my wedges as well at some stage.

I need a new driver.

I have the Razr. It feels great when all the pieces are on it. Maybe some were missing. I've had to send mine back twice.
    GR lives...

I'm still looking for a deeper faced 3 wood, other than that i planned to keep my bag the same.......until i hit my mates mizuno jpx 800 pro irons!! I like my mp52's but bloody hell the 800 pros are just that much more solid for a chopper like me.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
    I'm still looking for a deeper faced 3 wood, other than that i planned to keep my bag the same.......until i hit my mates mizuno jpx 800 pro irons!! I like my mp52's but bloody hell the 800 pros are just that much more solid for a chopper like me.
    Try TEE CB1 3W with the graph of your choice. Fuji HL OEM shaft (I assume it meant high-launch) suckkkks for my swing

909 D2 9.5* D2 with Blue Board going, in; G10 10.5, out. Lower loft is of the D2 is producing better numbers for me.

TEE CB3 16.5*, Motore 80, FW metal, in; G10 16.5, out. Again better ball flight.

TEE XCG3 21* & 24*, Motore 80, hybrid, in; TM Burner Rescue hook machines out. The TEE's sit neutral or slightly open with a preferred mid ball flight.

Adams Idea Pro forged 5-pw, Black Gold, in; MP30's, out. Will be looking for a deal for equivalent Mizzy replacement for the MP 30's which were getting quite worn. MP 62's being considered, suggestion's welcome.

Callaway Jaws 56 & 64, in. Haven't owned anything Callaway since the Big Bertha Hawkeye Titanium; these wedges are forged and have more bounce which I was looking for.

Ping Pal 4 BeCu putter in. My putting was in a abyss most of last year until I pulled this one out of storage last fall; hoping this is the ONE this year.

Still have some clubs that may find their way into the bag when the snow melts; 9.5* drivers on the range: really liking a 983K (YS6) I picked up; Cleveland XL270 has been surprisingly good; 905R is okay but flights higher than i would like especially into the wind (as may be assumed, I am a high ball flighter).

I need a new driver.

Holic. I have a Cally Diablo Octane Tour 9.5 w/ a YS6 S flex shaft. LH. You may purchase it from me. Excellent condition.

I might get a new 60* wedge this year. I've had it for almost 3 years and it is getting worn down a bit.
    Maybe a putter, probably not.
    Last year was my big overhaul. New irons (MP-59's), new hybrid (Callaway RAZR something), new shaft in old GBB2 3 wood (YS7 x), new shaft in older driver Ping K15 (Oban Revenge x).
    I think I'm good to go.
    Anyone using DG spinners on wedges? I've read that they are supposed to be lower launching with higher spin. That's what I'd be looking to improve upon in wedges.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    I might get a new 60* wedge this year. I've had it for almost 3 years and it is getting worn down a bit.
    Maybe a putter, probably not.
    Last year was my big overhaul. New irons (MP-59's), new hybrid (Callaway RAZR something), new shaft in old GBB2 3 wood (YS7 x), new shaft in older driver Ping K15 (Oban Revenge x).
    I think I'm good to go.
    Anyone using DG spinners on wedges? I've read that they are supposed to be lower launching with higher spin. That's what I'd be looking to improve upon in wedges.
    Have thought about tinkering w/ a DG spinner in my SW, but havent done anything about it....would like to see others opinions as well.

60 tomorrow? Are you kidding me? Are you thinking of playing? I might take the PM off.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Have thought about tinkering w/ a DG spinner in my SW, but havent done anything about it....would like to see others opinions as well.

60 tomorrow? Are you kidding me? Are you thinking of playing? I might take the PM off.....
    I tried a couple of used wedges with that shaft in the Golf Galaxy simulator and found that they felt OK and spun more on pitches and half shots but when I took full swings, the clubs felt like crap at impact and the computed distance was about half that of a regular DG S300 or 400 shafted wedge with the same head and loft. So for me, I'd like the extra spin and lower trajectory but fear that a sand wedge so-equipped would be a one-trick pony and I need to be able to hit 60-85 yard shots with my 56* as well as short bunker shots and chips and pitches out of rough where I need the extra bounce. Got to save room in the bag for that 2nd driver.

I tried a couple of used wedges with that shaft in the Golf Galaxy simulator and found that they felt OK and spun more on pitches and half shots but when I took full swings, the clubs felt like crap at impact and the computed distance was about half that of a regular DG S300 or 400 shafted wedge with the same head and loft. So for me, I'd like the extra spin and lower trajectory but fear that a sand wedge so-equipped would be a one-trick pony and I need to be able to hit 60-85 yard shots with my 56* as well as short bunker shots and chips and pitches out of rough where I need the extra bounce. Got to save room in the bag for that 2nd driver.
    My SW is only used out of the sand and around the green on partial shots. Never do I use the SW for full approach shots. Maybe the SW could help w/ spin. The SW is shafted with a Nippon offering now. Nothing special.

This would be a deal-breaker if true. I use my LW and SW for full-swings all the time. Don't a bunch of pros use the spinners?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

This would be a deal-breaker if true. I use my LW and SW for full-swings all the time. Don't a bunch of pros use the spinners?
    As mongrel posted, I did some quick searching and found this:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/...-vs-my-dgs400/

Backs up the ascertion it seems.....

Picked up a mizuno t-11 58 degree w/DG spinner shaft. Still snow on the ground so will be a couple of months before I can use it.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Was in Galaxy yesterday with my 7yr old (shes taking lessons and loves to play)....found a Rife Aussie mallet putter that I really liked. Tried it out on their putting green. Great roll. Nice heavy mallet end. $99. Too much. Might see if I can find a cheaper one on fleabay.

I just might order that Musty Putter I tried last year. Really nice balace and feel, especially when I struck the ball.
    Got to be nice to the wifey. She likes buying me golf jazz.
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

I have unceremoniously completed the purchase of a mallet putter. Throughout my golf career, I have steadfastly gleaned away from putters with immense proportions. Today, however, shall be my indoctrination into the world of MOI and it's supposed advantages over said blade. Expected delivery date is this very day and I shall un-package and wield on local practice green; stimp of 14. If you can guess which putter I have procured, I will reward you with a brand new box of Callaway i(s) golf balls. I will ship them to you free of charge. You have 3 days to guess and you can only supply 3 guesses per post. I will provide no hints but you have my word I will reward the correct winner.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    I have unceremoniously completed the purchase of a mallet putter. Throughout my golf career, I have steadfastly gleaned away from putters with immense proportions. Today, however, shall be my indoctrination into the world of MOI and it's supposed advantages over said blade. Expected delivery date is this very day and I shall un-package and wield on local practice green; stimp of 14. If you can guess which putter I have procured, I will reward you with a brand new box of Callaway i(s) golf balls. I will ship them to you free of charge. You have 3 days to guess and you can only supply 3 guesses per post. I will provide no hints but you have my word I will reward the correct winner.
    Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Yes Jennifer

Rife IMO All Aluminum

Scotty Cameron Kombi

Rife Barbados

Yar.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    Scotty Cameron Kombi

Rife Barbados

Yar.
    What the heck is a Yar? If I don't respond to your post that means you didn't guess correctly.

I'm trying to decide....

I really like this one because of its cutting edge technology, stopping capability, magazine capacity, weight and accuracy. Sure, you can get sexier hardware but this is serious stuff and I want a serious weapon.

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g23gen4

In California of course I'll buy the fully legal 10 round clip and would never think about finding a 15 or 17 round clip. Yes, I like that I have a state legislature that finds brilliant, effective ways to control guns like by reducing clip size to 10 rounds.

The other option is in the below link. I generally prefer a .45 to anything smaller and the above model is .40.

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g30sf

Let's not forget, the G30SF is the first choice of plainclothes officers and security personnel in the U.S. It comes standard with a 10 round magazine. I guess if I get two of them it would double my in service ammo if I'm doing the math right. You can't have too many of these fine weapons around with what's going on in the world.

I take my right to bear arms seriously and this year I want an upgrade.

I welcome any observations or thoughts, valuable or inane, knowledgeable or ignorant, relevant or irrelevant. In other words, I have no false hope in soliciting advice here. Thanks.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    I really like this one because of its cutting edge technology, stopping capability, magazine capacity, weight and accuracy. Sure, you can get sexier hardware but this is serious stuff and I want a serious weapon.

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g23gen4

In California of course I'll buy the fully legal 10 round clip and would never think about finding a 15 or 17 round clip. Yes, I like that I have a state legislature that finds brilliant, effective ways to control guns like by reducing clip size to 10 rounds.

The other option is in the below link. I generally prefer a .45 to anything smaller and the above model is .40.

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g30sf

Let's not forget, the G30SF is the first choice of plainclothes officers and security personnel in the U.S. It comes standard with a 10 round magazine. I guess if I get two of them it would double my in service ammo if I'm doing the math right. You can't have too many of these fine weapons around with what's going on in the world.

I welcome any observations or thoughts, valuable or inane, knowledgeable or ignorant, relevant or irrelevant. In other words, I have no false hope in soliciting advice here. Thanks.
    Until you start talking about grenade launchers, you are basically just debating over pellet guns.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Until you start talking about grenade launchers, you are basically just debating over pellet guns.

While true, I suspect government is reading this and we'd all like to avoid a visit from the Obama clowns.

I'm going to the range later to try both of them out and will report back my findings.
    GR lives...

While true, I suspect government is reading this and we'd all like to avoid a visit from the Obama clowns.

I'm going to the range later to try both of them out and will report back my findings.
    You can have a handgun when the going gets close-up and nasty and the threats are 360*. That's when you might want to consider, if you prefer to buy patiotically, a Franchi SPAS-15, or, domestically, a Kel-Tec KSG. As Conficious say, "Twelve gauge pellets are force-multiplier."

You can have a handgun when the going gets close-up and nasty and the threats are 360*. That's when you might want to consider, if you prefer to buy patiotically, a Franchi SPAS-15, or, domestically, a Kel-Tec KSG. As Conficious say, "Twelve gauge pellets are force-multiplier."

As fine as those weapons are, they aren't the right tools for my situation. My house has alot of corners, cut-outs, twists and turns. It would take too long to clear everything and the grabbable aspect is key in my situation. I'd rather have night goggles and a weapon with which I can easily drop and roll.
    GR lives...

Any driver I've ever hit felt good when I hit it on the sweet spot. A question would be "Where do you hit yours?" If the answer is "all over the face" then you might want to look at other variables. ......
    This post is the closest to reality. From my experience and from listening to teaching pros who every day for hours look out at the hackers on the range, I conclude that the PRIMARY reason for poor shots is not the equipment, but the swing.

MOST amateurs are hitting buckets of balls with horrible golf swings, ingraining mistakes. They setup poorly, grip poorly, backswing to impossible top positions, then try to remember the compensations that worked a few times. Wow! What a waste!

I guarantee that it is FAR cheaper and more productive to take lessons and learn to swing correctly than to buy different clubs--that won't make much difference.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    This post is the closest to reality. From my experience and from listening to teaching pros who every day for hours look out at the hackers on the range, I conclude that the PRIMARY reason for poor shots is not the equipment, but the swing.

MOST amateurs are hitting buckets of balls with horrible golf swings, ingraining mistakes. They setup poorly, grip poorly, backswing to impossible top positions, then try to remember the compensations that worked a few times. Wow! What a waste!

I guarantee that it is FAR cheaper and more productive to take lessons and learn to swing correctly than to buy different clubs--that won't make much difference.

Larry
    One of the drills Kevin mentioned that has turned out to be extremely valuable is the wall drill. I am amazed at how much this simple drill has enabled me to get rid of my tendency to pull the club inside on the backswing. I do the wall drill in my office for about 5 minutes every day at it is slowly getting rid of this huge fault in my backswing.

Glock scissor trigger creeps me out. Not safe enough for me. I just broke in the new Ruger LC9. A rare auto loader that does NOT have ambi safety lever but the lever is a perfect fit for my thumb to crossover and flip down. (I shoot lefty).

The ruger safety is dead easy, and too firm to accidentally flip down. It's small, holds 7+1, shoots straight and is mentally idiot proof, unlike a glock, which feels like a time bomb in my pocket, it WILL go off one day when I don't want it to.

I can carry ruger cocked and locked. And it won't shoot my junk off when I grab for it fast. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I have nothing against someone owning a gun and I would never try to take away a person's right to bear arms. However, I think it's a very foolish to have a gun lying around in your house and incredibly foolish to carry one around. I think guns give you false confidence and help steer you in a direction you wouldn't otherwise have gone. I can think of two situations where I may have used a gun had I had one on my person and both probably would have resulted in a prison term.

Despite what a lot of people think, you don't have the right to defend yourself using whatever means you deem necessary. Let's say you're driving down the road and you get behind someone at a stop sign. The light turns green and they don't move. You honk at them. They happen to be an insecure sociopath and get out of the car and start giving you the bird and approach your window. They look like they want to kill you. You open your window slightly and they punch you in the nose through the opening in the window. You shoot them and they die. You are going to prison. Make no mistake about that one.

I know of a person who did this very thing, except that it was with a crossbow. He's on the highway and gets into a road rage situation and yelling match with two guys in another car. The both pull off the highway. The two guys get out of their car and start coming toward his car. He runs to the back of the car and pulls out his crossbow. One of the guys says "you can't even shoot that thing" and keeps approaching. The guy shoots him with the crossbow and he dies. The shooter is serving 20 years for murder.

The DA will prove that the shooter enticed the other driver and passenger into an altercation (regardless of what really happened...this is important). The DA will prove to any jury that this man would not have been so brazen and bold if he didn't have the weapon in his car and that he could have avoided shooting the man.

So, in other words, if you own a gun and are prepared to use it, make sure that it is only used when you are completely surprised and caught off guard. You do not have the right to get involved in a fight and let it escalate until you feel it's necessary to use it. If you have the chance to flee, you had better exercise that choice rather than use the gun.

So, that begs the question: If you can only use a gun when either surprised or caught off guard, what good is it? Surely the person who wants to attack you isn't going to give you the opportunity to pull out your gun, click off the safety and then shoot.

The only situation I can see is if someone is trying to break into your house and you hear them while they are still far enough away that you can grab your gun. If they are in your home all bets are off for them. Still, 99% of home robberies are during day while the thief has been staking out your home. He watches you drive away and then goes inside. A robber breaking into your home while you are inside asleep is incredibly rare.

Glock scissor trigger creeps me out. Not safe enough for me. I just broke in the new Ruger LC9. A rare auto loader that does NOT have ambi safety lever but the lever is a perfect fit for my thumb to crossover and flip down. (I shoot lefty).

The ruger safety is dead easy, and too firm to accidentally flip down. It's small, holds 7+1, shoots straight and is mentally idiot proof, unlike a glock, which feels like a time bomb in my pocket, it WILL go off one day when I don't want it to.

I can carry ruger cocked and locked. And it won't shoot my junk off when I grab for it fast. :-)
    Thanks for the suggestion Dave, I've heard good things about that weapon. How reliably maintanence free is it? True, I usually clean and lubricate my weapons several times a day, but what if I forget for a few months? I want that thing solid reliable and long term showroom look which is what attracts me to a Glock.

Unlike Texas, these liberal morons don't realize guns don't kill people, people do, so we can't carry. It would be extremely rare for me to pocket a weapon except what I'm already packing. Talk about something that should be illegal. So when my gun's in use, I'm holding it and it won't be pointed unsafely at any time. Democrats only. Just kidding. Kind of. No really.
    Last edited by lorenzoinoc; 01-30-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    GR lives...

I have nothing against someone owning a gun and I would never try to take away a person's right to bear arms. However, I think it's a very foolish to have a gun lying around in your house and incredibly foolish to carry one around. I think guns give you false confidence and help steer you in a direction you wouldn't otherwise have gone. I can think of two situations where I may have used a gun had I had one on my person and both probably would have resulted in a prison term.

Despite what a lot of people think, you don't have the right to defend yourself using whatever means you deem necessary. Let's say you're driving down the road and you get behind someone at a stop sign. The light turns green and they don't move. You honk at them. They happen to be an insecure sociopath and get out of the car and start giving you the bird and approach your window. They look like they want to kill you. You open your window slightly and they punch you in the nose through the opening in the window. You shoot them and they die. You are going to prison. Make no mistake about that one.

I know of a person who did this very thing, except that it was with a crossbow. He's on the highway and gets into a road rage situation and yelling match with two guys in another car. The both pull off the highway. The two guys get out of their car and start coming toward his car. He runs to the back of the car and pulls out his crossbow. One of the guys says "you can't even shoot that thing" and keeps approaching. The guy shoots him with the crossbow and he dies. The shooter is serving 20 years for murder.

The DA will prove that the shooter enticed the other driver and passenger into an altercation (regardless of what really happened...this is important). The DA will prove to any jury that this man would not have been so brazen and bold if he didn't have the weapon in his car and that he could have avoided shooting the man.

So, in other words, if you own a gun and are prepared to use it, make sure that it is only used when you are completely surprised and caught off guard. You do not have the right to get involved in a fight and let it escalate until you feel it's necessary to use it. If you have the chance to flee, you had better exercise that choice rather than use the gun.

So, that begs the question: If you can only use a gun when either surprised or caught off guard, what good is it? Surely the person who wants to attack you isn't going to give you the opportunity to pull out your gun, click off the safety and then shoot.

The only situation I can see is if someone is trying to break into your house and you hear them while they are still far enough away that you can grab your gun. If they are in your home all bets are off for them. Still, 99% of home robberies are during day while the thief has been staking out your home. He watches you drive away and then goes inside. A robber breaking into your home while you are inside asleep is incredibly rare.
    What kind of guy keeps a crossbow in his trunk?
    I don't carry guns because I like to be really close to the person I'm killing.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

My whole view on guns changed when I walked in on a burglary - in a gated community no less. My use is for home protection and practice only. Aside from being randomly targeted again, someday the first guy will get out of jail. I want to have safeguards in my house that allow me to avoid worrying about things. If someone's inside you are on fairly solid ground if your actions can be seen as reasonable and DA-s don't witchhunt home invasions.

You're right, at least in this state, taking a pistol outside your home for self defense is incredibly risky. The basic principal is reasonable use of force and it's hard to prove in California if you take a gun outside. Other states have broader outside justification particularly in your vehicle.

Is it likely I'll face an invader in my house again? Unlikely but once it's happened the ante on feeling safe gets upped.

There's also the concern government will come after us and we need it to protect against government gone wild.
    When I was growing up we lived in Pasadena and one time we were pulling into the driveway and my mother noticed something moving inside. She called the police and, sure enough, someone had broken the back bathroom window and got inside.

What was really interesting was that the burgler badly cut himself on the window and there was blood all over it. Next, he went into our bathroom and used a bunch of our bandaids to wrap his cut finger, hand, whatever. However, the most fascinating thing of all was that he had carefully placed the bandaid wrappers in the little bathrom trash can. He was incredibly neat and tidy. He also abandoned the two items he was going to steal; binoculars and a camera. Cameras were expensive back then. Idiot.

My whole view on guns changed when I walked in on a burglary - in a gated community no less. My use is for home protection and practice only. Aside from being randomly targeted again, the first guy's out of jail. I want to have safeguards in my house that allow me to avoid worrying about things. If someone's inside you are on fairly solid ground if your actions can be seen as reasonable and DA-s don't witchhunt home invasions.

You're right, at least in this state, taking a pistol outside your home for self defense is incredibly risky. The basic principal is reasonable use of force and it's hard to prove in California if you take a gun outside. Other states have broader outside justification particularly in your vehicle.

Is it likely I'll face an invader in my house again? Unlikely but once it's happened the ante on feeling safe gets upped. It might be easy to assume I'm over-compesating for my elliptical, but that isn't the case.

There's also the concern government will come after us and we need it to protect against government gone wild.
    GR lives...

When I was growing up we lived in Pasadena and one time we were pulling into the driveway and my mother noticed something moving inside. She called the police and, sure enough, someone had broken the back bathroom window and got inside.

What was really interesting was that the burgler badly cut himself on the window and there was blood all over it. Next, he went into our bathroom and used a bunch of our bandaids to wrap his cut finger, hand, whatever. However, the most fascinating thing of all was that he had carefully placed the bandaid wrappers in the little bathrom trash can. He was incredibly neat and tidy. He also abandoned the two items he was going to steal; binoculars and a camera. Cameras were expensive back then. Idiot.
    Maybe his intent was to steal bandaids. Sounds to me like a successful robbery.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Did you think to check the camera to see if he took a photo of himself? Some people are uncontrollably narcissistic. Just ask Alan.
    GR lives...

Did you think to check the camera to see if he took a photo of himself? Some people are uncontrollably narcissistic. Just ask Alan.
    Yes but we had to wait for a week for Payless Drug to develop the film. I browsed the 8 track tape section while moms paid for the film with her Bank Americard. We then drank Coca Cola out of a tin can.

Tin can. Tasted a lot better out of the pony bottles.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Dave, took a look at the Ruger today. It's pretty alright. I'm going to the range to demo one tomorrow. Aren't there accuracy issues since it's so small and light?

A Glock .45 is a beast next to the Ruger and since I already have a Glock .45 I'm concerned I'll seem kind of wacko with two of them. Still it's nice having just one stockpile of ammo.
    GR lives...

Dave, took a look at the Ruger today. It's pretty alright. I'm going to the range to demo one tomorrow. Aren't there accuracy issues since it's so small and light?

A Glock .45 is a beast next to the Ruger and since I already have a Glock .45 I'm concerned I'll seem kind of wacko with two of them. Still it's nice having just one stockpile of ammo.
    It's heavier than some pocket 9's, and its all steel. I put 100 rounds thru it, admittedly only at 7 and 10 yards, but it doesn't buck that much for a small gun, it runs well.. I managed two inch groups at 10 yards... I'm no shooter but it shoots as straight as my Glock 26 and my Bersa Thunder UC 9. I like the Ruger, no extra thinking required, and a long pull with no "hair trigger" means no fear of accidental junk-shooting or shooting innocent bystanders. You cock it, and only then will the safety engage, thus cocked and locked in pocket. The hammer can be seen but not touched, and every trigger pull is technically double action... You have to move the hammer back some more with the trigger before it will drop onto the firing pin. But racking the slide does move the hammer back a bit, so you can see its cocked by looking into the rear gap on the slide. It's unusual, a cocked gun that still takes a long DA trigger pull. I like it for defense... Not a competition gun though.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

It's heavier than some pocket 9's, and its all steel. I put 100 rounds thru it, admittedly only at 7 and 10 yards, but it doesn't buck that much for a small gun, it runs well.. I managed two inch groups at 10 yards... I'm no shooter but it shoots as straight as my Glock 26 and my Bersa Thunder UC 9. I like the Ruger, no extra thinking required, and a long pull with no "hair trigger" means no fear of accidental junk-shooting or shooting innocent bystanders. You cock it, and only then will the safety engage, thus cocked and locked in pocket. The hammer can be seen but not touched, and every trigger pull is technically double action... You have to move the hammer back some more with the trigger before it will drop onto the firing pin. But racking the slide does move the hammer back a bit, so you can see its cocked by looking into the rear gap on the slide. It's unusual, a cocked gun that still takes a long DA trigger pull. I like it for defense... Not a competition gun though.
    Yeah, I messed around with it a little and the action is intelligent and easy to move around. You lose a second or so compared to the Glock but it is safer. My max range would be 20 yards but I can't imagine firing it in the house where my target would exceed 10 yards. I like the idea of a 9mm in that more shots would group because of the mild recoil.
    GR lives...

Yeah, I messed around with it a little and the action is intelligent and easy to move around. You lose a second or so compared to the Glock but it is safer. My max range would be 20 yards but I can't imagine firing it in the house where my target would exceed 10 yards. I like the idea of a 9mm in that more shots would group because of the mild recoil.
    I had the pleasure of running with a task force in the 90s while they all fumbled with there guns or shot there knees or junk, I could pull my very easy to conceal Kahr k9 no safety to piss with. Combat style, double action only, closed breach, kinda in between a Sig and Glock. The best feeling handgun I've ever owned. Kind of like the grain flow forged of pistols. Except American made. It's usually loaded with +p corbon, I usually don't have one in the chamber, unless I'm carrying. A child cannot jack the slide nor can my wife. Once you pick one up, you got to have one.
    I picked up a Yes Sophia today. No sightline like my Tracy II a little harder to find them without. It's been 30 years since I bagged a blade putter.

I had the pleasure of running with a task force in the 90s while they all fumbled with there guns or shot there knees or junk, I could pull my very easy to conceal Kahr k9 no safety to piss with. Combat style, double action only, closed breach, kinda in between a Sig and Glock. The best feeling handgun I've ever owned. Kind of like the grain flow forged of pistols. Except American made. It's usually loaded with +p corbon, I usually don't have one in the chamber, unless I'm carrying. A child cannot jack the slide nor can my wife. Once you pick one up, you got to have one.
    I picked up a Yes Sophia today. No sightline like my Tracy II a little harder to find them without. It's been 30 years since I bagged a blade putter.
    I have spent range time with the kahr and the keltec, and I think the Ruger LC9 beats em both. Safety is optional, you can carry it cocked w/ safety off and it's still DAO like Kahr. I just like the Ruger safety.. Flip down with thumb while in shooting position, an instinctive act. And the loaded chamber indicator is huge and cannot be overlooked. But the Kahr is good work.

200 balls at the range today, project rehab is under way... Not hitting it badly at all.. New/old driver has put some zing in the swing :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I have spent range time with the kahr and the keltec, and I think the Ruger LC9 beats em both. Safety is optional, you can carry it cocked w/ safety off and it's still DAO like Kahr. I just like the Ruger safety.. Flip down with thumb while in shooting position, an instinctive act. And the loaded chamber indicator is huge and cannot be overlooked. But the Kahr is good work.

200 balls at the range today, project rehab is under way... Not hitting it badly at all.. New/old driver has put some zing in the swing :-)
    Is the lc9 a compact 9? I haven't looked at handguns in 10 years. Not really sure what's changed. My last purchase was a stainless North American arms in .32 another no safety dao pistol. I've learned to shoot those guns almost instinctively, especially the Kahr. Supposedly the Kahr has 3 internal safetys, that locks, and blocks the firing pin with a cam that drops when the trigger is fully pulled. What really sold me, the trigger is one of the smoothest I've felt.
    Sounds like the old hibore is like an old friend you haven't seen in a while.

Is the lc9 a compact 9? I haven't looked at handguns in 10 years. Not really sure what's changed. My last purchase was a stainless North American arms in .32 another no safety dao pistol. I've learned to shoot those guns almost instinctively, especially the Kahr. Supposedly the Kahr has 3 internal safetys, that locks, and blocks the firing pin with a cam that drops when the trigger is fully pulled. What really sold me, the trigger is one of the smoothest I've felt.
    Sounds like the old hibore is like an old friend you haven't seen in a while.

Try TEE CB1 3W with the graph of your choice. Fuji HL OEM shaft (I assume it meant high-launch) suckkkks for my swing
    I will have a look at the TEE. I just want a 3 wood with a deeper face to hit off the tee as my home course has a few shortish par 4's and a long par 3. I tend to sky the shallow face woods, so its either a deep faced 3 wood or a 1 hybrid. Never have trouble with my 3 hybrid would just like a bit more distance.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    Most guys I have talked to who have the Titleist 910 D3 are pretty happy with it.
    We let a single play through last season, he was bagging the 910 I asked how he liked it? I really like it he says. I asked what did you replace, he says a 909, and exclaimed I loved that club. I'm like why did you replace it. His response was cause it's new. Then I noticed his whole bag was Titleist.

We let a single play through last season, he was bagging the 910 I asked how he liked it? I really like it he says. I asked what did you replace, he says a 909, and exclaimed I loved that club. I'm like why did you replace it. His response was cause it's new. Then I noticed his whole bag was Titleist.
    I really love those guys. I wish there were a bunch more of them. So that the stores would be flooded with trade-ins making the
    used 909's even cheaper so that I could get on to experiment with. Sooner rather than later.

I really love those guys. I wish there were a bunch more of them. So that the stores would be flooded with trade-ins making the
    used 909's even cheaper so that I could get on to experiment with. Sooner rather than later.
    909s can be had on 3balls for around $99. One of the best deals they've got going is a Cobra ZL driver for $69. That's a heck of a deal for a great driver that once retailed for $399.

909s can be had on 3balls for around $99. One of the best deals they've got going is a Cobra ZL driver for $69. That's a heck of a deal for a great driver that once retailed for $399.
    This past Saturday I bought a Mizuno MP-001 370 c.c. 9.5* driver with Harrison Striper J shafrt for $7.97 +/- in Golf Galaxy. The head is a beautiful dark blue and mirror-buffed titanium. It retailed for $499.00. When I see a 909 for $49.97 then that's my club.

Here's the Yar putter. Think it would look pretty good in your bag next to your Ping Eye 2s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKY_dj_Wq1c
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

my bad FD. This putter would definitelly fill out you bag of tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoodlIjd1k
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    my bad FD. This putter would definitelly fill out you bag of tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoodlIjd1k

Thanks man! Both of those had me rolling on the ground. I especially like the authenticity brought on by the video of the woman in the lab coat looking at the computer. Why do they always have some guy with a pot belly using the product, though?

No, I didn't get the Yar or the Hammer putter. I'm surprised that more people aren't trying to guess, given that I'll be sending a dozen new i(s) balls to the winner (lower 48 states only).

Adios Amigos.

Sitting at home at home and had a couple of hits and started looking thru youtube. Amazing golf clubs and had me busting a gut at some of the videos. Always lightens the mood watching a Hammer video.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

If a bunch of pros use that shaft I would bet there not hitting full swings. I've got 2 tourstage wedges a 52 and a 56 with dg spinner wedge + shafts and iomic grips in lime. They do shine on less then full shots, or if you like to fly it to the hole and stop on a dime, but when I jump on it for a full shot I'm almost always short, and the ballflight gets very high. There is something I do like about the feel, over a wedge flex dg shaft. They could be a way to get some extra spin on the new wedges, with the new grooves. I can hit my same deg wedges, with wedge flex non spinner shafts at least 10-15 yards further, and a couple with px shafts even more. So there short. But if you like to spin your balls back, they impart some extra spin.

One of the drills Kevin mentioned that has turned out to be extremely valuable is the wall drill. I am amazed at how much this simple drill has enabled me to get rid of my tendency to pull the club inside on the backswing. I do the wall drill in my office for about 5 minutes every day at it is slowly getting rid of this huge fault in my backswing.
    FD... what is a wall drill? it means different thing to different people, can we find an example of wall drill on you tube?

If its a concrete wall I would recommend this type of drill.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jt1135; 02-01-2012 at 03:48 AM. Reason: can't see picture
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
    I will have a look at the TEE. I just want a 3 wood with a deeper face to hit off the tee as my home course has a few shortish par 4's and a long par 3. I tend to sky the shallow face woods, so its either a deep faced 3 wood or a 1 hybrid. Never have trouble with my 3 hybrid would just like a bit more distance.
    TEE CB1 3W is a deep face club, very good head IMO. However, the OEM Fuji HL shaft that came with the club suckkks, difficult to generate a decent trajectory (for my swing). I took a chance and reshafted it with a Aldila NV green shaft R-flex and brought it back alive beautifully. I just got a Cleveland HiBore XLS 1i (16* gaybrid) and (at a range) it's about no more than 10 yds behind the 3W distance but ball dispersion is much better. I carry both for the time being and will use them at proper situation. Maybe in a long run I could hit 16* gaybrid as long as 3W, but I doubt it because 3W club is 2" longer... it's all about physics

The open bid 909's they had were going for less; I got one with a Blue Board last fall for $63. Could be the best driver bargain I have ever acquired; during a warm spell earlier in Jan., I got nine holes in with the 909 and hit every fairway (7 for 7) exactly where I was aiming, and was out distancing some 30 something guys I was paired with on occasion.

I visited a buddy at the range who is a scratch player and is a die hard Titleist guy; his 1st comment out of his mouth was to go get a 910, so I expect there will be many 909's being traded by the Titleist fold, available soon...cheap... if not already.

FD... what is a wall drill? it means different thing to different people, can we find an example of wall drill on you tube?

Take your normal stance so that you are facing directly away from a wall. Your butt should be about 3 inches from the wall. Now, take your backswing and avoid hitting the wall with the clubface. Obviously, if you are indoors you need to be careful and there's no follow through.

The best way to do this is not with a wall but up against a driving range net. The benefit of the net is that you avoid hitting it on the backswing but then try to hit it on the downswing. That's the outside-in golf swing (or two-plane) that every pro uses, with the exception of K.J Choi.

Moe Norman used it as well but people kept deliberately hitting him with golf balls so he went out into the desert and used termite mounds.

Here you go Pky.

A perfect example demonstrated by the great man himself.

I can't believe you haven't seen this before. Maybe you missed it like I missed the Tai Chi video. However luckily for you, unlike the Tai Chi video, this one is still available for your viewing pleasure.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Here you go Pky.

A perfect example demonstrated by the great man himself.

I can't believe you haven't seen this before. Maybe you missed it like I missed the Tai Chi video. However luckily for you, unlike the Tai Chi video, this one is still available for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks Kiwi... I don't know what the hell that drill would do for us, not sure the benefits from the scientific standpoint... I would at least get some entertainment out of the Taichi golf video

Thanks Kiwi... I don't know what the hell that drill would do for us, not sure the benefits from the scientific standpoint... I would at least get some entertainment out of the Taichi golf video
    Well it's an impressive shed, and a very nice hat.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Moe Norman used it as well but people kept deliberately hitting him with golf balls so he went out into the desert and used termite mounds.
    So now Moe and Larry are in the same thread. Can we fit Rod Curl in here now?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Apparently the drill teaches you to lose your spine angle mid-swing.
    GR lives...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma84i1Ok3I0

Watch what his butt does as he backswings and then as he starts his downswing. He SQUATS and his butt moves away from the ball instead of toward it-- which happens in most amateurs swings.

Using the wall we can take our stance and then squat enough to touch the wall-- then slide a few inches as we shift our weight and then turn to touch the wall with our other cheek. Turn, SHIFT, swing. The idea is to avoid the "stand up" mistake that ruins many amateur swings--

Take lessons. A good teaching pro will analyze your swing like DeFrancisco analyzes Hogan.

Larry

So now Moe and Larry are in the same thread. Can we fit Rod Curl in here now?
    Hey, I remember Rod Curl. Saw him up close at a couple of tourneys throughout the years. Nothing distinguished about his play that I could recall, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma84i1Ok3I0

Watch what his butt does as he backswings and then as he starts his downswing. He SQUATS and his butt moves away from the ball instead of toward it-- which happens in most amateurs swings.

Using the wall we can take our stance and then squat enough to touch the wall-- then slide a few inches as we shift our weight and then turn to touch the wall with our other cheek. Turn, SHIFT, swing. The idea is to avoid the "stand up" mistake that ruins many amateur swings--

Take lessons. A good teaching pro will analyze your swing like DeFrancisco analyzes Hogan.

Larry
    Lerry... Detailed analysis of a golf swing - IMO- is a bunch of bull. As a great scientist, I don't believe in that kind of sh$$$t... Golf is more art than science, that's why we all swing differently, the difference is that most Pros would end up at the same "contact" point, which I believe that is the case... That's why I don't take lesson because I am able to analyze my swing and I am having fun doing it....

Lerry... Detailed analysis of a golf swing - IMO- is a bunch of bull. As a great scientist, I don't believe in that kind of sh$$$t... Golf is more art than science, that's why we all swing differently, the difference is that most Pros would end up at the same "contact" point, which I believe that is the case... That's why I don't take lesson because I am able to analyze my swing and I am having fun doing it....
    Very astute. Golf is an edeavor similar to martial arts. Notice its not called "Martial Science". That's what's taught at the service academies and the War College in Carlisle.

Very astute. Golf is an edeavor similar to martial arts. Notice its not called "Martial Science". That's what's taught at the service academies and the War College in Carlisle.
    Until you find a rhythm at something you're just jerking off.
    GR lives...

And when you find it and it stays for awhile, every full swing impact feels like another orgasm.

Then a jagged rock jumps out in front of you

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Speaking of guns, I have some great news. Normally getting a concealed weapon permit in California is harder than winning the lottery. However, those who have been victims of home invasions and have testified against the perp are able to obtain one provided no criminal record or warrants. I qualify.

It doesn't even matter if you're of questionable lineage (Italian).
    GR lives...

Speaking of guns, I have some great news. Normally getting a concealed weapon permit in California is harder than winning the lottery. However, those who have been victims of home invasions and have testified against the perp are able to obtain one provided no criminal record or warrants. I qualify.

I guess some of take it for granted, as mine is multiple states. You deserve it Zo after what you went through.

It's really easy to get one here in Oklahoma. You just take a class, get a certificate, you can start packing heat. It truly scares me to know several individuals who conceal weapons around me. One is a nervous, older woman who would likely shoot first and ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    It's really easy to get one here in Oklahoma. You just take a class, get a certificate, you can start packing heat. It truly scares me to know several individuals who conceal weapons around me. One is a nervous, older woman who would likely shoot first and ask questions later.
    Sounds like you and your golf game. Well, I'm playing tomorrow afternoon at a fine course named Encinitas Ranch. Lunch is included with the free round. I can't wait to try out the Cobra Carbon CB irons. I may not have mentioned this previously but I had taken them to another range and I was hitting them great. Sometimes it's all about the range. I prefer a range that has raised greens so that you can gauge distance.

I like the hitting areas at the Del Mar range but I hate the landing area. It's all dirt and you have no idea how far you hit the ball. It's difficult to see it land as well.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's round. I get to try out my brand new Ping JAS Craz-e Moment Putter that I picked up on the Bay for a song. I'm going to unleash my FT-Tour Driver and I'm sure I'll pick up a few babes after they see my smoke it down the fairway.

Wish me luck gents.

Thread Information